Rafa at the WTF 2011 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-21-2011, 12:31 AM   #46
country flag Stefwhit

Stefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafa at the WTF 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
He was sick! Maybe you need a new "Hero"? No tennis player is going to win all the time and even Roger lost a Set against Tsonga.
I get that sometimes fans prepare themselves for the worse by accepting defeat early, but honestly I hate when people do that, so I totally agree with you.

Even healthy and at his best Rafa would be the under-dog to FedTard on this surface- but let's not totally write off Rafa. Im glad he has more self-belief in himself, than some of his fans do.

Sometimes a single match can be telling, but more often than not there really isn't any carry over of momentum one way or the other. That's just a silly myth that people subscribe to- but honestly how often do u see a player win super easy one day and get his ass spanked the next. Tennis is about match ups, not how u played the day before...if u don't believe me ask Serena Williams.
Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2011, 12:41 AM   #47
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

i never excepted his defeat earlier this is the first time i have ever done this, this year he wasnt himself, even tho he made it to alot of finals this year, but he really wasnt himself at all, i actually say that his 2009 year was better than this year, and even tho i usually think thats his worst year
Old 11-21-2011, 01:04 AM   #48
country flag Stefwhit

Stefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Say what u like about his results, the truth of the matter is that tihis has to be one of Nadals most consistent years ever. It sucks that his WL record in finals took a severe dip this year, but outside of Djoko's domination over him, he has really had a fantastic year.

Don't misunderstand though, as a fan I'm already over this year and look forward to 2012, but when I really break things down it's both remarkable and equally sad that he reached and lost so many finals this year. Had he just won a single match (US Open Finall, for example) then we'd be talking about how great his year was. So if he was "off" this year, it honestly wasn't by much.
Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:35 AM   #49
I wanna taste u.

Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

i still think he did ok this year, but not what i expected, thats what i should say then
Old 11-21-2011, 01:42 AM   #50
I wanna taste u.

but dont worry yall its typical of a girl like me whose a gemini and will overreact on stupid lil things, im already over this year anyways
Old 11-21-2011, 05:34 AM   #51
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefwhit View Post
Say what u like about his results, the truth of the matter is that tihis has to be one of Nadals most consistent years ever. It sucks that his WL record in finals took a severe dip this year, but outside of Djoko's domination over him, he has really had a fantastic year.

Don't misunderstand though, as a fan I'm already over this year and look forward to 2012, but when I really break things down it's both remarkable and equally sad that he reached and lost so many finals this year. Had he just won a single match (US Open Finall, for example) then we'd be talking about how great his year was. So if he was "off" this year, it honestly wasn't by much.
This is very true although sadly most people don't recognize it

And Dee I'm glad you have calmed down now You worry me when you get so upset.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:37 AM   #52
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Astonished that people can't see what is going on. Yes, resutls wise it has been a good year for the most part, omit Djokovic and there isn't much to complain about. However, for those paying even the slightest bit of attention, the writing is on the wall.

Nadal finds himself completely unable to dictate the play at all right now. He is winning matches on name alone, little more than a spectator. He used to be able to out manouver players using his FH, like they were on a string, or even just hit a shorter angled FH winner to the line. These are pretty scarce these days. Obviously his BH has been MIA for a while and his movement has gotten visibly worse, most noticable in the decline of his passing shots. The two most alarming factors though, are the state of his serve currently and the seeming lack of any effort to make compensations for his form, instead just being content to run and feed shortballs.

I hope I am just being over critical and displaying a short memory, forgetting what came before the hardcourt season. Either way, prepare yourself for another defeat by Federer here.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:57 AM   #53
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Actually at times I wish Rafa would have been content to be the "King of Clay" and forgot about the Hard Courts. His problems first started with the knees taking away some of his speed. If he would have not gone to the Hard Courts I think the knees would have held up better. And since then he seems to have had a lot of health issues His shoulder was bothering him before the Match that happened in his practices. Then he had a stomach problem during the Match. So now he just seems to go from one problem to the next! How can Roger stay so healthy?
Old 11-21-2011, 09:14 AM   #54
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously I mean couldn't they pay this bad dude who took Rafa's USO 2010 serve away to give it back to Rafa. They should have enough money for that. won't even start to cover it so I better stop.

But here the gif to sum it all up
Old 11-21-2011, 09:17 AM   #55
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefwhit View Post

Or the Wimbledon final. To lose the Wimbledon final allowing Nole to win this biggest trophy in tennis history was really really bad, the Masters finals and USO I can survive but that was kinda... really bad.
Hope he can get over the Nole complex next year.

Last edited by MariaV : 11-21-2011 at 09:22 AM.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:21 AM   #56
country flag MariaV

Post-match presser, I cannot listen to it now, hope he'll be OK by tomorrow.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:10 AM   #57
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, he destroyed his clay game with his eagerness to be better on HC.
I wish I could have seen him spank Nole's butt in Rome and see if we still had a Nole problem

But losing the Wimbledon final to that robot is U N A C C E P T A B L E

Last edited by acionescu : 11-21-2011 at 10:16 AM.
acionescu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:18 AM   #58
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Things would be a lot worse if Rafa had stayed a clay court king, though.
The whining about the gaps in his career if he'd only do well on clay would be deafening.

Losing that Wimbly final is unacceptable, I agree with that one.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:20 AM   #59
country flag MariaV

Yeah UNACCEPTABLE is the word.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:00 PM   #60
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Post-match presser, I cannot listen to it now, hope he'll be OK by tomorrow.
That was weird Of course, I have trouble understanding anyone that speaks English with a heavy accent. So as much as I love Rafa I don't always understand him. He was talking about his stomach problem, but said he didn't eat or do anything any differently before or during the Match. But his stomach problem started during the Match itself. But the interview went off on to topics like Noah's remarks and U.K. Taxes????? And Rafa while saying he still didn't feel "very good" didn't seem concerned about being sick and it was like he didn't have a idea about how he could get feeling better and really didn't seem to care if he got feeling better or not He just seemed totally clueless about everything Which may be some of that was the fact that he was sick and just wasn't himself May be I need a translation of what he said myself? Also what didn't help me was since I'm the only one awake now I had to keep the volume low. I might could have understand better with more volume. Maybe I will try listening to it again when I can turn the volume up.

BTW thanks very much for posting this