Federer wins the 2011 Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship Award? - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 11:31 AM   #136
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who deserves to win the 2011 Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship Award?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIMIC View Post
But in the decline thread, doing this at 30-years-old doesn't mean shit Why are you making a big deal about it in THIS thread? Oh damn, I forgot. Right now, it's convenient.
What are you talking about?

Fed is NOT winning 16 slam at the age of 30, he won most of them when he was much younger.

And you still cannot seperate two simple, and yet very different concepts.

Your hatred of Fed really makes your mind dull.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2011, 11:59 AM   #137
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
For a guy (Federer) who takes one toilet break every two years, and does it at the fairest time possible during a match, using this as evidence of gamesmanship is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.
What do you expect this is MTF after all.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #138
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

I scratched my head when #2 got this award last year but perhaps there are things they're doing off court or behind the scenes that we don't know about that the other players consider good sportsmanship. I doubt any of these players have a gun put to their head telling them they have to give this award to Fed or #2. Both Fed and #2 were re-elected as president and vice president of the players council so obviously they're doing something right in the eyes of the other players.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-22-2011, 12:14 PM   #139
country flag DrJules

DrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Since when having a toilet break is considered gamesmanship?
Let's forbid toilet breaks, medical time outs and even tiebreaks! Players could just play to death until one of them drops! And maybe then we can consider them proper sportsmen.

And Nadal versus Fish the other day... it was so obvious that he felt sick and had some gastroenteritis. Of course he needed the toilet break! Did you want him to shit his pants? Jesus, people you are so unreasonable it's not even funny.

As long as the inability to differentiate the genuine cases (the ones most want allowed) from the abuses (the ones most want banned) it will raise issues. In many ways players' manipulation of the rules has triggered the hostility to it, but the genuine cases mean it would be inappropriate to change any of the rules stopping these various breaks although the injury time out rule was tightened owing to abuses.

Federer 17 GS, 6 Year End Masters, 22 Master Series.
Nadal 14 GS, 0 Year End Masters, 27 Master Series, 1 Olympic Gold.
Djokovic 7 GS, 3 Year End Masters, 19 Master Series.

DrJules is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-22-2011, 12:40 PM   #140
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

leave Fed alone

he deserves the Stefan Fedberg award

he's a gracious loser and has never once disrespected an opponent
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-22-2011, 01:44 PM   #141
country flag Start da Game
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

as usual blind arse loving from the blind breed......nothing less, nothing more, nothing different......

travesty is one world that came to mind when i heard that stefan edberg award was once again handed to the wily old witch targeting and attacking young slamless players like murray all the time......

the award's credibility has reached zero today with it being handed to this disgraceful loser once again......either suspend this award or just let a knowledgeable panel elect the winner......

either atp players are morons or ITF are heavily bribing lesser atp players to vote for federina to strengthen their farce "goat" campaign further and draw even more no. of clueless new fans to the sport of tennis......
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-22-2011, 01:57 PM   #142
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

good win for federer

let blind hate flow freely

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-22-2011, 04:48 PM   #143
country flag ExpectedWinner

ExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond repute

Correct choice. The lesser evil was selected.
ExpectedWinner is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-22-2011, 06:29 PM   #144
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
leave Fed alone

he deserves the Stefan Fedberg award

he's a gracious loser and has never once disrespected an opponent

Deluded fanboy
Matt01 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-22-2011, 08:33 PM   #145
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
good win for federer

let blind sportsmanship flow freely
fixed
Old 11-22-2011, 09:01 PM   #146
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
What are you failing to comprehend? The award is a joke, the fact there are players outside of the top 3 who are legit in sportsmanship stakes shows it's a popularity contest. I have no problem with Federer's press conferences when he states what he thinks, but if you are disrespecting your opponent and he has a few times, then that doesn't come across as good sportsmanship which is what the award is meant to be awarded for.
whatever, AJ... just WHUT-ever. I highlighted the relevant part of your post that I was responding to. Now you ignore my rebuttal and focus on the other aspect of your original post.
But I'm not gonna let the bs story go. It's mutating to where people think Fed walked up to the net on 30-0 on Davy's serve, pulled out his dick, pissed on Davy's side of the court and then forced Davy to wipe it up with his shrit and then put the shirt back on.

If you want to criticize the nomination process, fine. But don't think you're gonna sneak in that little dig at Fed and not get challenged.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:02 PM   #147
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Deluded fanboy
does tonight not prove why Fed deserved to win it? he chose not to totally humiliate Nadull and gave him 3 games
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-22-2011, 09:32 PM   #148
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
good win for federer

let blind hate flow freely
I agree.

It's pretty sad to see that such hatred could consume a person like SdG
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-22-2011, 09:38 PM   #149
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
whatever, AJ... just WHUT-ever. I highlighted the relevant part of your post that I was responding to. Now you ignore my rebuttal and focus on the other aspect of your original post.
But I'm not gonna let the bs story go. It's mutating to where people think Fed walked up to the net on 30-0 on Davy's serve, pulled out his dick, pissed on Davy's side of the court and then forced Davy to wipe it up with his shrit and then put the shirt back on.

If you want to criticize the nomination process, fine. But don't think you're gonna sneak in that little dig at Fed and not get challenged.
Still fail to get it. It's not a sportsmanship award and hasn't been for ages, if you can't acknowledge that then it's just a circular argument.

Nadal should not have got it last season or ever be nominated for this award. Same for Federer this season, but when you have these 3 as the main contenders of course he will win out over Djokovic or Nadal as he has done for so many years now.

Yes, toilet breaks are never used to break opponents rhythm. Lets talk smack about the opponents as well, you can spin it however you want.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-22-2011, 09:40 PM   #150
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Yes, toilet breaks are never used to break opponents rhythm.
I remember that one quite clearly, Federer didn't take much longer than the normal break time between sets, maybe an extra 20 seconds or so

I think his comment on the sun moving from the court post-match was more in jest than anything, if he really did that to disturb Davydenko's rhythm he would have done it a lot more often in his career
habibko is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread