Giving all banned posters a second chance?? - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Giving all banned posters a second chance??

Yes 27 35.53%
No 49 64.47%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2011, 10:09 PM   #61
country flag Seingeist

Seingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Giving all banned posters a second chance??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
Stop stirring shit, Mr Hypocrite. You're exactly the same ilk as BJ.

Wow. This actually could not be more wrong.
Seingeist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2011, 11:42 PM   #62
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Big John was such a shit starter. A big talker who never backed his shit up. He makes the stereotypes of gay men seem true, that we're all catty and overdramatic. Glad he's gone. He clearly has some personal issues he needs to address, since he can't handle some jibes on a tennis forum.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:46 PM   #63
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

I think the banned posters who make a contribution to the forum, should be allowed to return. Really, permabans are ridiculous to me. Why ban people to use the site? Isn't that sort of the goal here, to have people come to the site, and make money in that happening? I don't like that rule, unless the offense is really egregious, like racism or credible personal threats. Outside of that, it just seems authoritarian, and it's like, really, this is a tennis forum. We don't need to act like Gods here.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:57 PM   #64
country flag octatennis

octatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shambritfan View Post
When looking at statistics for jailed small time criminals, the majority of them are likely to re-offend within a few weeks of release.

we could have lots of fun for a couple of days before they get banned again. its worth triying.
octatennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:06 AM   #65
country flag ~Maya~
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
So you didn't notice that BigJohn was not at a stable peace of mind at that time? He seemed more broken down emotionally than downright calculating - hence his final maniacal assault on CD and subsequent ban. Though yes, he might have started the thread to encourage people to fight CD and his classic "blind hater" line.
Now, I don't know which one of them started it all, but as for John not being able to let go: CD was exactly the same. Mr Hercules could enter threads at random and call John Infectus or whatever his retarded nickname was. I really can't see how CD is considered the innocent one here. Even in the "blind hater" thread, CD started being rude but then John snapped and it was all over. It's like the one who reports the other first, wins.
That's your BigJohn in a nut shell. It's not the first time he appeared unstable. I always seen him as such. He likes to go around and bully, but has hard time handling it when the tables turn around. He can dish it out but can't take it. He had a little fun in the ACC thread naming clowns until he was exposed as a clown himself, and he had a total meltdown. (which didn't come as a surprise to me)
I don't think that CD is innocent, he can be nasty himself. But he doesn't exist on this board for that purpose.

Last edited by ~Maya~ : 11-14-2011 at 12:12 AM.
~Maya~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:11 AM   #66
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Maya~ View Post
That's your BigJohn in a nut shell. It's not the first time he appeared unstable. I always seen him as such. He likes to go around and bully, but has hard time handling it when the tables turn around. He can dish out but can't take it. He had a little fun in the ACC thread naming clowns until he was exposed as a clown himself, and he had a total meltdown. (which didn't come as a surprise to me)
I don't think that CD is innocent, he can be nasty himself. But he doesn't exist on this board for that purpose.
Yeh, fair enough.
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Rafa you are my hero I hope I will never live to see the day you start losing matches regularly to mugs like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:42 AM   #67
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Ah ha. So my ban-worthy post in this thread got deleted instead. Then.. these permabanned users aren't the ones to blame for their downfall.. they're the victims.. victims of something horrible subjected to them by the mod demons, something unspeakably cruel known as... CPD - Constant. Post. Deletion... Arrgh, just typing it in is like acid to the finger tips..

The frilly curtains have been thrown open. The window pane has been spat on and cleaned. The light has broken through. Or else it would have if it wasn't midnight. It has now all become as clear as the pearly full moon. Now I see what drove these people over the edge.

.. The need to troll and constantly hate on high quality players.. rising. The need to have aggressive arguments with random online folk who have the nerve to express different opinions to myself.. rising. The need to spam pointless conspiracy theories.. rising. The need to be considerate and talk sensibly about tennis.. still non-existent.

And after creating this monster, what will those mods do? Enforce the rules and banish me for eternity. Unlock the gates of hades I say! Unlock it and release these forum saints.. these misunderstood children of circumstance.. these heroes of justice who fought against the unjust for the greater good, and paid the ultimate price.. having to talk tennis at tennis warehouse. Nobody deserves to be subjected to that torment. How many must be sacrificed I ask?

Let us start the revolution. This day we make a stand. Or tomorrow. Or never.. I don't care really.
Sham Kay is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:44 AM   #68
country flag LawrenceOfTennis
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute

The Magician would bring some class to this board.
LawrenceOfTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:52 AM   #69
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
Big John was such a shit starter. A big talker who never backed his shit up. He makes the stereotypes of gay men seem true, that we're all catty and overdramatic. Glad he's gone. He clearly has some personal issues he needs to address, since he can't handle some jibes on a tennis forum.
He will be back, he is only gone for 6 days. Which at this point I think is 2 days.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:01 AM   #70
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
He will be back, he is only gone for 6 days. Which at this point I think is 2 days.
too short
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:19 AM   #71
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

If you said 6 years, that would have been much better. But I may as well enjoy these next two days without his crying.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:46 AM   #72
country flag selyoink

selyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassquet View Post
I would give them the possibility to post in an special thread: the permabanned thread where these scoundrels could post freely and where we could bully them gladly.
This is a fun idea.

I don't think banned posters deserve a final chance but I think the general population should get a say before someone gets permabanned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death
i add value to mtf. mtf needs me far more than i need mtf. i have even been offered money (a small monthy salary) to hang out and chill at a couple of other forums.
selyoink is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:49 AM   #73
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by selyoink View Post
I don't think banned posters deserve a final chance but I think the general population should get a say before someone gets permabanned.
that would be a sound idea but it probly would be easier to instill democratic principles in north korea than in the admins who run this website.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:49 AM   #74
country flag Seingeist

Seingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
that would be a sound idea but it probly would be easier to instill democratic principles in north korea than in the admins who run this website.
But it's not a democracy, no more than a kindergarten class is.
Seingeist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:05 AM   #75
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

All those permabanned posters were receiving multiple temporary bans before that, so they already had numerous second chances; there's gotta be a line somewhere, else the forum would become a kind of tennis 4chan in the end
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote