Giving all banned posters a second chance?? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Giving all banned posters a second chance??

Yes 27 35.53%
No 49 64.47%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2011, 03:51 PM   #31
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Giving all banned posters a second chance??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
BigJohn's ban still not listed on the "Banned users" list, so we don't know how long it's for. I wonder if it's under some kind of appeal.

I was in the thread and saw the posts he was banned for before they got deleted. If someone came to my house and said "I'll give you $100,000 to get yourself banned on MTF in 15 minutes" I'd post what he posted. Unless he wanted to get himself banned, the whole thing is very fishy. Those posts... it didn't sound like him at all.
To me it was simply a case of BigJohn having had enough. He started a thread where he wanted to know if people had been called "blind haters" like him, presumably by Clay Death. Then of course CD himself shows up and tries to become the center of the thread as he always does. John, who to me seemed to be a bit depressed at the time, finally snapped after CD refused to stop this trolling act. Unlike last year's ACC warm-up, John now obviously couldn't control his anger when CD was insulting him and threw everything he had at him.

CD of course resorted to reporting John and that was the end of it.

However BigJohn was in no way a model poster and could be very offensive at times so while the actions leading up to the permaban were unexpected, the ban itself was no shocker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Times
During this year’s United States Open, Soderling said, he was watching a match on television when his young daughter came into the room. For a moment, she watched her father watching the tennis, but then she interrupted.

“She wanted to watch Dora,” Soderling said. “So, I said, ‘O.K.’ We watched Dora.”
Orka_n is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2011, 05:02 PM   #32
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
To me it was simply a case of BigJohn having had enough. He started a thread where he wanted to know if people had been called "blind haters" like him, presumably by Clay Death. Then of course CD himself shows up and tries to become the center of the thread as he always does. John, who to me seemed to be a bit depressed at the time, finally snapped after CD refused to stop this trolling act. Unlike last year's ACC warm-up, John now obviously couldn't control his anger when CD was insulting him and threw everything he had at him.

CD of course resorted to reporting John and that was the end of it.

However BigJohn was in no way a model poster and could be very offensive at times so while the actions leading up to the permaban were unexpected, the ban itself was no shocker.
Oh I agree about that. It's just the tone... it didn't sound like him. People have their own writing styles, a way of expressing themselves. Exploding and having a verbal outburst takes 20 seconds; takes longer to type it (I don't even recall typos, inverted letters, or other errors you'd expect if someone is that mad). He just went at it with both barrels, no witticism or anything

But you're probably right. And he probably knew he'd get a small ban and probably figured it was "worth it".

Last edited by Kat_YYZ : 11-12-2011 at 05:05 PM. Reason: ..
Kat_YYZ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #33
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Terrible idea. If anything, the mods need to be harsher.

Just look at abraxas, already foaming at the mouth at the mere idea of being able to dry hump GlennMiryni's posts, like a good lap dog.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:29 PM   #34
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat__boy View Post
Terrible idea. If anything, the mods need to be harsher.

Just look at abraxas, already foaming at the mouth at the mere idea of being able to dry hump GlennMiryni's posts, like a good lap dog.

the idea is to give all permabanned posters another chance and the fact is that most of them (not just gu) are much more entertaining, funny and witty guys than average clowns like yourself
Old 11-12-2011, 06:04 PM   #35
country flag Sofonda Cox
Banned!

Sofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond repute

No way. Imagine if that moron its.like.twat was back? MTF is much better without scum like that.
Sofonda Cox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #36
country flag Start da Game
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

what a great thread......whoever attacked sweet cleo, apologize to her here and now......

i support your idea fully, sweet cleo......heck, why not give them a second chance......i am sure at least 50% will realize their mistake, will welcome this opportunity and become good posters......
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:56 PM   #37
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

StG's opinion shouldnt count that much. he knows he's going to get permabanned soon enough so he's practically fighting for his own interests here
Old 11-12-2011, 07:01 PM   #38
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
StG's opinion shouldnt count that much. he knows he's going to get permabanned soon enough so he's practically fighting for his own interests here
i don't even have half the no. of infractions required for a permanent ban......mods also realize the value i bring to mtf......so i am just speaking for banned posters......

by the way, i sense you might be in trouble already with your constant mod bashing and admiration for a couple of permanently banned posters......
Old 11-12-2011, 07:31 PM   #39
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
what a great thread......whoever attacked sweet cleo, apologize to her here and now......

i support your idea fully, sweet cleo......heck, why not give them a second chance......i am sure at least 50% will realize their mistake, will welcome this opportunity and become good posters......
When looking at statistics for jailed small time criminals, the majority of them are likely to re-offend within a few weeks of release.

Can only conclude this was the thought process behind why perma-banning exists. Personally I'd shit bricks at the first sign of an infraction my way, so it puts things into perspective when you look at what it takes to get banned.

But since the mods in this forum love going that extra mile in doing their jobs, they deserve more work. Just release those jailed for life and instead constantly temp ban everyone for each infraction. No warnings, we ain't kids. Those that claim to be kids get shot with a random curfew.

It's easy, I could do it alone. We'd still find something to complain about with the mods of course, but that's alright since we are the whip holders. Yah! Mods, agree with my post and you even think about deleting it I'll tell on you in my sig. Yah!

Beautiful girls are like complex puzzles. The closer you look the harder it gets.

-Drunk guy at Mcdonalds
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:47 PM   #40
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shambritfan View Post
When looking at statistics for jailed small time criminals, the majority of them are likely to re-offend within a few weeks of release.

Can only conclude this was the thought process behind why perma-banning exists. Personally I'd shit bricks at the first sign of an infraction my way, so it puts things into perspective when you look at what it takes to get banned.

But since the mods in this forum love going that extra mile in doing their jobs, they deserve more work. Just release those jailed for life and instead constantly temp ban everyone for each infraction. No warnings, we ain't kids. Those that claim to be kids get shot with a random curfew.

It's easy, I could do it alone. We'd still find something to complain about with the mods of course, but that's alright since we are the whip holders. Yah! Mods, agree with my post and you even think about deleting it I'll tell on you in my sig. Yah!
yes i think warnings would suffice in lot of cases, but instead they just issue an infraction all of a sudden.......that happened with me a lot of times, most of them totally undeserved and not my fault......

maybe most would re-offend upon their return from permaban but i think this is a good idea and it's worth giving a go......
Old 11-12-2011, 07:55 PM   #41
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

I'm up for this. The worst posters will get themselves banned again, but I think a few could redeem themselves.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 17 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $32,454,018 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 471-148...
TITLES: 30 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:15 PM   #42
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at it from the mods' point of view. They must feel they have already given these posters their 9 lives. By the time they got banned the majority of them effectively banned themselves as opposed to a mod banning them, since the mod hadn't a choice. How do I put this in a way most people would understand...

Moderators banning a forumer is to forumers banning themselves, as sex is to masturbation. You can't complain if you damage yourself by your own actions..

I'm sorry, have I made everybody uncomfortable?

Beautiful girls are like complex puzzles. The closer you look the harder it gets.

-Drunk guy at Mcdonalds
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:41 PM   #43
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, don't worry. We needed a primadonna replacement anyway
“But even so, amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still for ever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.” - Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:01 PM   #44
country flag abraxas21

shambritfan is a much better poster than PD
Old 11-12-2011, 09:10 PM   #45
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I would give permabanned posters another chance after perhaps 2/3 years. The longest temporary ban is 1 year, so this seems reasonable to me. Some people do change, others do not, and we would soon see which is which.

I do not think this would involve weakening the sanctions at all.