"Happy" Valley... Update: Paterno statue taken down - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-11-2011, 11:46 PM   #61
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Happy" Valley... Update: Paterno OUT after 46 years

Also, people need to stop whining about ~school pride~ when the bigger issue here is that at least eight and probably more children were raᴩed and/or molested by Sandusky.

The reputation of your school should not be the primary focus of this situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2011, 12:05 AM   #62
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Happy" Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post

My uncle coached OSU's basketball team. My aunt works in the athletic department and my cousin is a student there. I've been to a ton of football games, did the junior marching band and junior Script Ohio. I know all the words to the fight song and Hang on Sloopy. My family has Buckeye DNA, if you will, and we all have great pride in our school, even the ones that weren't student there.

So hearing Jim Tressel being involved in the NCAA scandal was devastating. Jim did a lot for our football team, including helping us thrash Michigan about 7 times in a row. He admitted covering up the fact that his players were selling athletic merchandise, jerseys and championship rings for tattoos () and lying about it to the NCAA. He resigned for it and lost his job, the team had to forfeit wins. Make note that Jim Tressel's crime was a whole lot less serious than this Penn State child **** scandal, and yet I can't remember anyone rioting in the streets when Jim resigned.

Penn State students can be proud of their school while at the same time denouncing Paterno et al. for their crimes. The two are NOT mutually exclusive.

http://cleveland.sbnation.com/ohio-s...te-jim-tressel

excellent post.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:40 AM   #63
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_Vercetti View Post
Where have the parents been? Why haven't they been screaming to the press for years? I haven't been following the details religiously, but if I'm not mistaken, then certain parents have known for years and now they suddenly all go public?
I saw one woman on CNN who said that her son was asking questions about ''sex wierdos'' and when she asked him why, he said that Sandusky was one and had done something to him. She immediately called the university and was told to come down immediately. She went and told them her story and they said they would take care of it. She waited and waited and nothing............ And I guess people do eventually give up when they think they are up against a force much bigger than themselves.

More and more this looks like the Catholic church and their efforts to keep people from going to the police. Then they move the priest on and hope the parents give up trying to fight the church.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:35 AM   #64
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post

More and more this looks like the Catholic church and their efforts to keep people from going to the police. Then they move the priest on and hope the parents give up trying to fight the church.
definitely
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:13 AM   #65
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Paterno shouldn't be prosecuted. Firing was fair.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:32 AM   #66
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Yep.

Quote:
Quote:
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #67
country flag smitty8

smitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...-document.html

That is just sick.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:39 AM   #68
country flag Mr.Michael

Mr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond repute

Sandusky has given an interview to Bob Costas. He's claiming he's innocent.

NBC also found an old interview from 1987 where Sandusky talks about Second Mile. They interviewed some old sports journalist who almost cries because "Sandusky has ruined Penn State". Oh yeah, that really is the biggest crime here. Some people apparently still don't get it.
Mr.Michael is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:21 AM   #69
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...Blm9RSdr9zeutK

NYPost so take it with a grain of salt, but wow if this is real.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-15-2011, 04:11 AM   #70
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

McQueary now saying that he infact did intervene in the 2002 incident.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:29 AM   #71
country flag smitty8

smitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...erry_sand.html

Wow. Just wow.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:37 AM   #72
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Quote:
"I am innocent of those charges," the 67-year-old Sandusky said. "... I could say that I have done some of those things. I have horsed around with kids. I have showered after workouts. I have hugged them, and I have touched their legs without intent of sexual contact."

Asked whether he was sexually attracted to underaged boys, he said "Sexually attracted, no. I enjoy young people, I love to be around them, but, no, I'm not sexually attracted to young boys. We were showering and horsing around, and he actually turned all the showers on and was actually sliding across the floor, and we were, as I recall, possibly like snapping a towel -- horseplay," he said.

[...]

Sandusky's remarks came the same night that Amendola, told CNN that his client was just behaving like "a jock."

"Jerry Sandusky is a big overgrown kid," Amendola said. "He's a jock, and for anybody who's ever played sports, you get showers after you work out."

Amendola accused the attorney general's office of having "thrown everything they can throw up against the wall." He said some of the allegations, such as putting a hand on a boy's knee, do not constitute criminal conduct and other cases include no direct complaint by the boy.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-nbc-interview

Sickening.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-16-2011, 03:49 AM   #73
country flag Mr.Michael

Mr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond repute

Sandusky obviously hasn't got the best lawyer. That interview was a huge mistake from him and some of those answers are really incredible. I wonder what's the mood over at Sandusky's house? Are they watching evening news with the wife?

In the future when someone talks about the great achievements that Penn State had in the 80's, I wonder if anyone will ever mention Sandusky's role in building that defence? Tilden still kinda gets some credit for his victories.
Mr.Michael is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:39 AM   #74
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Michael View Post
Sandusky obviously hasn't got the best lawyer. That interview was a huge mistake from him and some of those answers are really incredible. I wonder what's the mood over at Sandusky's house? Are they watching evening news with the wife?

In the future when someone talks about the great achievements that Penn State had in the 80's, I wonder if anyone will ever mention Sandusky's role in building that defence? Tilden still kinda gets some credit for his victories.
After reading the Grand Jury report, of all those boys sleeping in Sandusky's basement, and him going down there on each time... I kept wondering about his wife. What does she know about this?

That Austrian sicko who locked his daughter in the basement for 15 years or something... he told his wife she ran away with a cult. He was assaulting her down there, she had his kids... Supposedly the mom didn't know all those people were in her own basement all those years.

Who are these zombie women, these Stepford wives?
Old 11-16-2011, 07:17 AM   #75
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

The ex-wife of Sandusky's adopted son got a restraining order so that Sandusky cannot be anywhere near her kids without strict supervisor.

Quote:
Quote: