"Happy" Valley... Update: Paterno statue taken down - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-10-2011, 06:45 PM   #31
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Happy" Valley... Update: Paterno OUT after 46 years

First question asked at the press conference was who would coach Saturday's game

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2011, 06:58 PM   #32
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

The main person to blame was Spanier and Curley as the seniors in charge. Paterno's gone to them, but the chain ends with them.

Of course he could have done more.

BTW students rioting is normal, they did it here (but our riots were justified)
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:57 PM   #33
country flag Mr.Michael

Mr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Happy" Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajk822 View Post
I'll be at the game on Saturday, and I will be as loud and supportive of my school as I ever have been. I'll celebrate the life and career of a man who made Penn State what it is today, and I'll do it proudly.
I read your post again and it's just crap. I hope those idiots who are now protesting, will someday realize how dumb they are.
Mr.Michael is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:29 AM   #34
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

I saw the rioting on T.V. and I personally thought it was really a sick thing for them to do. I wonder how they would have felt if it had been them that was abused?
Old 11-11-2011, 12:48 AM   #35
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

The situation has gotten a HELL of a lot worse. Reportedly, Joe Sandusky PROSTITUTED dozens of young boys to wealthy donors, several of which potentially were Penn State donors:

http://www.nesn.com/2011/11/jerry-sa...rk-madden.html
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:54 AM   #36
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

The students rioting, they are misguided young kids with a lot of pain, a lot of anger, and a lot of confusion. They are seeing their school essentially be torn apart inside-out, their football team being destroyed, their schools' reputation ruined. So, this is their way of defending their school, and their football team. The problem is that this passion should be directed at JERRY SANDUSKY and THE PEOPLE WHO COVERED UP THIS TRAGIC STORY OF CHILD ABUSE. The riots should be directed at Jerry Sandusky and all culpable of what has happened here. Instead, their passion is directed at the football team, and Joe Paterno. They are stupid kids, I won't necessarily call them evil, but very stupid, have terrible priorities, and zero self-awareness and awareness of the world around them.

Really, the many people defending Joe Paterno, it again speaks to the fact football is basically held to a God-like status to many in America. And that's one of the worst aspects of this entire episode. Exposing just how flawed our society is.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:57 AM   #37
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post
This is what happens when athletes and coaches become gods. You see this all over the place. Athletes who have committed all sorts of crimes are still cheered because they are good at the sports.
Yes. It's disgusting, but it also shows that if you have fame, or that God-like status, just for being able to coach or play a game well, that you really don't have to follow the rules of society everyone else does, you don't have to be a good person. Just sad how so out of whack many people have their priorities.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:11 AM   #38
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Chris Benoit is still loved by many, so that's a very good point.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:10 AM   #39
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

It will be interesting to see the atmosphere in Happy Valley on Saturday as the Nittany Lions play Nebraska. How will the players who had nothing to do with this respond? How will the 107,000 in attendance respond?

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:39 AM   #40
country flag Ajk822

Ajk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Michael View Post
I read your post again and it's just crap. I hope those idiots who are now protesting, will someday realize how dumb they are.
You didn't grow up in Pennsylvania, and clearly have never gone to a large university where there are large amounts of pride. The rioting was dumb, agreed, but people who don't go here, or didn't go here, simply do not understand what Joe Paterno meant. He was everyone's father. The entire campus was in a daze today.

I reread your first post also, and clearly you've merely listened to mass media and didn't look for any facts in the case. The semantics of what McQuery said are very important. And yes, there was an investigation, of which the lead investigator in the case CLEARY HAS STATED that Paterno had no knowledge and no charges were filed against Sandusky. I don't mind people being of the opinion that Paterno should have been fired, but you better not decide that without facts.

The media has made this into a Joe Paterno story and a bash Penn State story, when that really should not have been the focus. There's been no mention of the thousands of students who peacefully sang our Alma Mater at Old Main in sorrow. There's been no mention of the candle light vigil in support of the victims of these terrible crimes where 8-10 thousand students will come together. There's been no mention of the football game being changed to a blue out, with thousands of students buying blue t-shirts to benefit a charity that helps **** and incest victims. None of that is newsworthy, because people like you don't have anyone to crucify then.

Go ahead and say my post is crap, I'll continue to stand by my university.

Still a proud Penn Stater.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:50 AM   #41
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You didn't grow up in Pennsylvania, and clearly have never gone to a large university where there are large amounts of pride. The rioting was dumb, agreed, but people who don't go here, or didn't go here, simply do not understand what Joe Paterno meant. He was everyone's father. The entire campus was in a daze today.

I reread your first post also, and clearly you've merely listened to mass media and didn't look for any facts in the case. The semantics of what McQuery said are very important. And yes, there was an investigation, of which the lead investigator in the case CLEARY HAS STATED that Paterno had no knowledge and no charges were filed against Sandusky. I don't mind people being of the opinion that Paterno should have been fired, but you better not decide that without facts.

The media has made this into a Joe Paterno story and a bash Penn State story, when that really should not have been the focus. There's been no mention of the thousands of students who peacefully sang our Alma Mater at Old Main in sorrow. There's been no mention of the candle light vigil in support of the victims of these terrible crimes where 8-10 thousand students will come together. There's been no mention of the football game being changed to a blue out, with thousands of students buying blue t-shirts to benefit a charity that helps **** and incest victims. None of that is newsworthy, because people like you don't have anyone to crucify then.

a machine doesn't have a soul... the media preys upon that which is darkest inside ourselves to draw attention away from shit that really matters... whether paterno was sacked or not, matters little... the machine still would have fed from the 'should he go or should he stay?' angle - preaching to worst inside us - and again, totally missing the point... if there is a need for crucification, i wouldn't blame the easily led...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:30 AM   #42
country flag Neumann

Neumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Well said. It really irks me how everyone keeps jumping to conclusions without having all the facts. How many times do we have to be reminded of the Duke lacrosse case?

This looks like Paterno and others tried to protect Sandusky and the reputation of Penn State football. But we don't know yet if that is the case. It could be that Paterno reported McQueary accusations to the AD, and then he was told that the accusations were false, or Sandusky denied them and he believed his word over the young assistant's or whatever.

It'll probably be what it looks like, but I don't understand why people jump the gun. The real villain of the story is Sandusky, and there might be accomplices, but let's wait until everything's proven.
Neumann is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:15 PM   #43
country flag Mr.Michael

Mr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You didn't grow up in Pennsylvania, and clearly have never gone to a large university where there are large amounts of pride.

You're studying to become a lawyer?

I didn't grow in Pennsylvania but I did attend a very good university here in Europe. But any of that doesn't matter.

People say "don't jump to conclusion"? I mean, please? Joe was the most influental man in Penn State and you claim he knew so little? You honestly believe he hadn't already heard things and rumours? And the McQuery thing was the dagger.

McQuery and semantics? How is that possible? You can't hide the fact that he told 2002 something quite disturbing to Paterno. Why are we even talking about this? They obviously took some limited actions against Sandusky, so they believed something serious was going on, right? Paterno himself has acknowledged that he should have done more.

Paterno was just covering and protecting his university. In principle that is understandable but in this case it is also unforgivable.
Mr.Michael is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #44
country flag Cat9

Cat9 has a reputation beyond reputeCat9 has a reputation beyond reputeCat9 has a reputation beyond reputeCat9 has a reputation beyond reputeCat9 has a reputation beyond reputeCat9 has a reputation beyond reputeCat9 has a reputation beyond reputeCat9 has a reputation beyond reputeCat9 has a reputation beyond reputeCat9 has a reputation beyond reputeCat9 has a reputation beyond repute

Why the FUCK does that disgusting red headed piece of shit McQueary still have a job? He saw a child being r**** and DID NOTHING. He didn't stop it. He didn't call the police. He called daddy. He was young, 28, tall, strapping, a former quarterback at Penn, he could have stopped the attack in two seconds. Instead, he left a child alone with a monster. This fucker is second only to Sandusky in guilt and if he still has a job come Monday, I'll fucking riot.
Cat9 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:59 PM   #45
country flag Cat9

Cat9 has a reputation beyond reputeCat9 has a reputation beyond reputeCat9 has a reputation beyond reputeCat9 has a reputation beyond reputeCat9 has a reputation beyond reputeCat9 has a reputation beyond reputeCat9 has a reputation beyond reputeCat9 has a reputation beyond reputeCat9 has a reputation beyond reputeCat9 has a reputation beyond reputeCat9 has a reputation beyond repute

Can people stop with the 'we don't know what Paterno knew' crap? He knew a 60 year old man was doing something with a 10 year old boy in a shower. Whether it was characterized as 'horseplay' or fondling...you know what, fuck that. A 60 year old in a shower with a 10 year old boy is enough to call the police. There are NO circumstances under which that scenario isn't wrong.
Cat9 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote