Vintage British comedy - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-14-2011, 05:50 PM   #46
country flag Seingeist

Seingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vintage British comedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan856 View Post
3 pages and no mention of "keeping up appearances?" hyacinth bucket is a legend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seingeist View Post
Great stuff. Python, Fawlty Towers, Blackadder, Mr. Bean, all really terrific.

Guilty pleasure: even the cheesy shit like Keeping Up Appearances and As Time Goes By.

More modern: British Office was good, and right now I'm loving That Mitchell and Web Look (Peep Show is a bit too crass for the wife).
Seingeist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2011, 06:05 PM   #47
country flag Jaz

Jaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond repute

Currently on Season 5 of Allo Allo. Superb season.
Jaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:31 AM   #48
country flag Kolya

Kolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond repute

Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:44 AM   #49
country flag Mr.Michael

Mr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond repute

Not the biggest fan of Keeping Up Appearences. Every episode was pretty much the same. Richard wasn't funny at all and once again they missed the chance to score some good laughs about a closeted puff. This time their neighbour Emmet was the obvious choice.

Allo allo was ok when I was young. Haven't seen it for ages. Would be interesting to see it nowadays.
Mr.Michael is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:05 PM   #50
country flag gaitare

gaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond repute

gaitare is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:09 AM   #51
country flag dabeast

dabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond repute

^^ that one was hilarious, was just watching on youtube actually
"Sometimes you're just happy playing. Some people, some media unfortunately don't understand that it's okay just to play tennis and enjoy it. They always think you have to win everything, it always needs to be a success story, and if it's not obviously what is the point. Maybe you have to go back and think, Why have I started playing tennis? Because I just like it. It's actually sort of a dream hobby that became somewhat of a job. Some people just don't get that ever."
dabeast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:17 AM   #52
country flag dabeast

dabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Michael View Post
Rowan was simply brilliant in Blackadder and also his live shows were so funny. But I was never really into Mr. Bean and also these Johnny English films were very disappointing. A great comic like him must have realized while reading the scripts that it's really nothing special. I wonder how many times did he demand a re-write. The problem with Johnny English is that it's just not funny. Simple as that.
Rowan is comic genius. The only standup I can think of that makes me bust a gut when he's talking about "Jesus and his disciples". Sucks for the kids today that only know him from Bean. Yeah the Johnny English films are pretty terrible and this is coming from a big Rowan fan. The most recent one Johnny English: Reborn isn't half-bad tho.
"Sometimes you're just happy playing. Some people, some media unfortunately don't understand that it's okay just to play tennis and enjoy it. They always think you have to win everything, it always needs to be a success story, and if it's not obviously what is the point. Maybe you have to go back and think, Why have I started playing tennis? Because I just like it. It's actually sort of a dream hobby that became somewhat of a job. Some people just don't get that ever."
Old 11-17-2011, 10:22 AM   #53
country flag dabeast

Old 11-17-2011, 10:28 AM   #54
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Only fools and horses, with David Jason
Porridge, with Ronnie Barker
Open all hours, with Jason & Barker
Drop the dead donkey
Fawlty Towers
Blackadder
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:44 AM   #55
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

My favourite is 'Allo 'Allo! - I have the first 7 seasons on DVD but haven't watched them in AGES.

Others I love are Man About the House, Are You Being Served and although I haven't seen it in ages I also quite liked Dad's Army.

and omg Hilde! Drop the Dead Donkey... I LOVED that too but had totally forgotten about it! Must find a DVD
Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote