Are there any vegetarians in here? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-02-2011, 11:29 PM   #31
country flag shiaben

shiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are there any vegetarians in here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
Don't you people at least eat eggs and soy beans and stuff??? Surely it cannot be healthy to not eat anything rich in protein?
There is a group called vegans which are pretty extreme about their beliefs.

They don't eat anything that involves destruction of animals and even insects.

So they don't eat dairy products, eggs, nor honey.

Those 3 are the main ones that come to mind, I'm sure there is more.

Their beliefs are more intertwined with animal rights than health, while vegetarians on the other hand choose to be vegetarians either for health purposes or animal rights, or both depending on the person.
shiaben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2011, 08:08 AM   #32
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiaben View Post
Can you guys live without soy? Or is soy a crucial part of a vegetarian's diet?
I am vegetarian from 11 years already and vegan since July 2010.
I don't eat soy at all, you don't need that!
If you are really interested into vegan/vegetarian diet there are plenty of books about.

Just FYI: WHO officially declaried that vegan diet is safe for all periods of life including pregnancy.
All that staff for incificient proteins and calcium are solved long time ago.
the only disccusion now about vegan/non vegan is concerning vitamin B12. Lots of teories here also, if you are intrested I can give you some links.

my iron levels for example signiccally increased when I become vegetarian and 10 years later I continue to maintain levels near the upper limits. and I haven't done anything specifically for that, just continie to eat what I eat.

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

most beautiful sports: volleyball and tennis
nadejda is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:17 AM   #33
country flag Nikki♥

Nikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond repute

I don't eat any meat apart from seafood (once a week).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Bičuj me mamita!
Nikki♥ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:27 AM   #34
country flag the biscuit

the biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

My sister and her bf are both vegetarians. Her blood was low in iron and she was advised to eat meat again bc she doesn't eat enough substitutes and imo, her bf always looks pale as fuck (not in a natural way). I think the vegetarian lifestyle is a really demanding one.
the biscuit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #35
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by the biscuit View Post
My sister and her bf are both vegetarians. Her blood was low in iron and she was advised to eat meat again bc she doesn't eat enough substitutes and imo, her bf always looks pale as fuck (not in a natural way). I think the vegetarian lifestyle is a really demanding one.
I don't think iron deficiency anemia is atributed to vegetarianism. I know some heavy meat eaters who suffer this also. Every person who is not into takeing care of what they eat may come to this. You can be a vegetarian eating anly junk food, chips and so on and having iron deficiancy. Also you can eat meat but also lots of vegetables and fruits, nut and still be more healthy than this vegetarian.

Speaking about that I read somewhere that huge consumption of dairy products, cheese, milk and staff may interfere with the iron absorbion in your body. Then if you for example switch from meat eating to vegetarianism, but increase significaly the amount of dairy products may very well have low levels of irons.

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

Old 11-03-2011, 02:56 PM   #36
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everko View Post
Is it religious? Or Culture?
It's hard to separate the two.
"Who ain't a slave? Tell me that. Well, then, however the old sea-captains may order me about—however they may thump and punch me about, I have the satisfaction of knowing that it is all right; that everybody else is one way or other served in much the same way— either in a physical or metaphysical point of view, that is; and so the universal thump is passed round, and all hands should rub each other's shoulder-blades, and be content." - Herman Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #37
country flag the biscuit

the biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadejda View Post
I don't think iron deficiency anemia is atributed to vegetarianism. I know some heavy meat eaters who suffer this also. Every person who is not into takeing care of what they eat may come to this. You can be a vegetarian eating anly junk food, chips and so on and having iron deficiancy. Also you can eat meat but also lots of vegetables and fruits, nut and still be more healthy than this vegetarian.

Speaking about that I read somewhere that huge consumption of dairy products, cheese, milk and staff may interfere with the iron absorbion in your body. Then if you for example switch from meat eating to vegetarianism, but increase significaly the amount of dairy products may very well have low levels of irons.
That's why I say it's demanding and that she didn't eat enough substitutes. It seems like a hassle. Just have a piece of fish or (red) meat and voilà, iron.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:57 PM   #38
country flag nadejda

Quote:
Originally Posted by the biscuit View Post
That's why I say it's demanding and that she didn't eat enough substitutes. It seems like a hassle. Just have a piece of fish or (red) meat and voilà, iron.
substitues?
what substitues? you mean vegetables?
so eating fruits and vegies is demanding? more that eating meat?

Grigor Dimitrov

Sampras & Safin

Old 11-03-2011, 09:02 PM   #39
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Red meat is pretty poisonous for human body. Livers cry in despair after a steak, that's a fact.
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:05 PM   #40
country flag shiaben

shiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the input Ndejda and Verd.

Yes you are right. The key is to just make sure to eat enough in order to maintain that iron level. Some people just eat based on the required amount on paper, but doctors and nutritionists usually say to usually eat above the required amount for the key nutrients like iron, B12, Omega3, etc. Since body to body, some people's digestive systems end up absorbing short.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:07 PM   #41
country flag shiaben

I think when there's hummus, peanut butter, sesame butter, meat tasting tofu, I think it can really cut down hunger since vegetarians don't strictly eat JUST fruits and vegetables, they need nuts, oils, dairy (if they are not vegan), grains, fat, etc.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #42
country flag Everko

Everko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone love peppers? That comes close to zucchini for my favorite vegetable

about the Federer Will Fall thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raferminator
Best damn thread I've ever read on MTF. You should be awarded for being a visionary. Some of us out here noticed it and appreciated it.
Federer will fall
Murray will never win a slam
Federer will never beat Nadal again in a slam
Golubev will rise
Go Ouahab
Everko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:13 PM   #43
country flag shiaben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everko View Post
Anyone love peppers? That comes close to zucchini for my favorite vegetable
I'm very intolerant of peppers lol. Too spicy for me, unless they are like bell peppers or something, which I love. I hate the taste of zucchini but I'm willing to eat it. It's probably much more healthier than a cucumber.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:23 PM   #44
country flag the biscuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadejda View Post
substitues?
what substitues? you mean vegetables?
so eating fruits and vegies is demanding? more that eating meat?
Yes, it's a lifestyle, you have to be very conscious about it. It's also so that the amount of veggies and fruit you have to eat to get to the equivalent of a piece of meat, is pretty high. For example, 100g of spinach and 100g of red meat both contain more or less 3,5g of iron. But 100g spinach is a lot more on your plate than a 100g steak. I don't even think you can fit 100g of spinach on a plate (when it's not cooked). That's why my sister was often snacking on chickpeas, because she had to get her protein and iron for the day. I think if you can do it and be healthy, good for you, but I don't think it's easy, it requires an effort.

JG, please, if you don't eat a portion of half a kilo, there is no issue. 100-150g, as is advised.

I like variety in my diet, I love veggies but all beans and no meat would make me a very sad girl. Still, it's personal, I guess.

BTW, I love peppers. Stuffed with lamb mince.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:30 AM   #45
country flag shiaben

Biscuit, that's why lots of vegetarians don't strictly eat them raw. They try to cook these things or turn them into stews and dishes which makes it easier to tackle.