My epic battle - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-30-2011, 08:35 PM   #1
country flag EddceLLent

EddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond repute
Default My epic battle

In the absence of anyone in my life who would be proud of me for having finally achieved something difficult on a completely meaningless internet tennis game, i've come here to tell you all of my achievement.

For years i've played this game called 'stick cricket' (Google it, it'll be the first result) and a few months ago I saw a link to 'stick tennis'...obviously what with me being into tennis I thought i'd try it out so I decided to have a go on the 'world domination' game. Basically there's 16 matches you need to win, becoming more difficult as you go on.

Let me just say to the game's credit - it's incredibly simple to learn, it's really addictive and it represents the differences between the surfaces in a reasonably accurate way.

Anyway, back to the point... It was a very proud day when I finally beat Lendl, saving two match points in the final set:

The guy was so owner... you have to be totally on top of your game for every shot to beat him, if you're not in the right position he hits a winner every time.

The final match is against Sampras, and as you can see I had a couple of heartbreaking losses:

...before I finally got the better of him, engaging in a cheeky Andy Murray style fist pump at the moment I sealed the victory:

A very proud day indeed

I recommend the game to anyone btw: Stick Tennis world domination (the first few are easy, but it does get insanely difficult towards the end...)
EddceLLent is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2011, 08:42 PM   #2
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My epic battle

Congratulations Great achievement!

Gotta admit it is a hard game, completed all the levels a while back but I remember a few players such as the ones you mentioned being a real pain in the ass!
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:47 PM   #3
country flag EddceLLent

EddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Congratulations Great achievement!

Gotta admit it is a hard game, completed all the levels a while back but I remember a few players such as the ones you mentioned being a real pain in the ass!
Thanks

Lendl was such a bitch to beat. I used to get so angry with myself for not concentrating, i'd bang my fist on the table and my mum would walk in and ask what was going on - she just got a pained sigh. I'm sure it brought me closer to Andy Murray haha, not just because of the anger but because my mum was there to witness it
Old 10-30-2011, 08:50 PM   #4
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute

In MTF terms though you are a mug choker judging by your failure to win the close matches and that poor BP conversion rate.
Baker (USA) - Bedene (SLO) - Bellucci (BRA) - Berta (SWE) - Cuevas (URU) - Domijan (USA) - Ebden (AUS) - Estrella (DOM) - Grigelis (LTU) - Guccione (AUS) - Heliovaara (FIN) - Kavcic (SLO) - King (BAH) - Kontinen (FIN) - Kubler (AUS) - Lajovic (SRB) - Matosevic (AUS) - McGee (IRE) - Millman (AUS) - Mitchell (AUS) - Nielsen (DEN) - Nieminen (FIN) - Paire (FRA) - Udomchoke (THA)
jmf07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:58 PM   #5
country flag EddceLLent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmf07 View Post
In MTF terms though you are a mug choker judging by your failure to win the close matches and that poor BP conversion rate.
That last match though - saved 13/14 BP....and the time I saved 2 MP against Lendl - tell me that's not mental toughness
Old 10-30-2011, 09:11 PM   #6
country flag jmjhb

jmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond repute

100% first serve and over 100 aces and you still lost?!?

Singles rank: #110
Doubles rank: #31

Singles: W: Houston 2013, Montpellier 2014 F: Bucharest 2013, Kitzbühel 2012 SF: US Open 2011

Doubles (w/Goldenoldie): W: Le Gosier CH 2013 F AO 2014 SF: (w/Goldenoldie)

Other: W: WTC Dusseldorf 2012
jmjhb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:20 PM   #7
country flag EddceLLent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjhb View Post
100% first serve and over 100 aces and you still lost?!?
It was a pretty long match. Didn't Mahut get over 100 aces in the match where he eventually lost 70-68 in the final set to Isner?

It'd be fair to say that Pete was dominating the rallies
Old 10-30-2011, 10:25 PM   #8
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Great stuff, didn't know this game existed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
I didn't see the match but I hope Nadal's injury isn't too serious. Get well soon Rafa!
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:48 PM   #9
country flag @Sweet Cleopatra

@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute

................♥
..........♥.......... .............................♥ .
...........♥......... ..... ...........♥..♥.....♥....♥
..............♥...... ..... ........♥..........♥.........♥
..♥... ..... .........♥......♥..........♥
..................... ♥.... ...........♥♥........... ♥
..................... ....♥ ........♥♥...♥.....♥
..................... ..... .....♥........... ♥Rafa Fan 4ever
@Sweet Cleopatra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:00 PM   #10
country flag EddceLLent

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post

This is EXACTLY the reaction I wanted, positive rep for you
Old 10-30-2011, 11:07 PM   #11
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have the passwords? I forgot to copy.
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:39 PM   #12
country flag EddceLLent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post

Do you have the passwords? I forgot to copy.
15#Horde
14#Pizza
13#Smash
12#Towel
11#Amber
10#Scrub
9#Puppy
8#Manly
7#Haiku
6#Giant
5#Exile
4#Chill
3#Devil
2#Blitz
1#Whale
Old 10-31-2011, 12:10 AM   #13
country flag selyoink

selyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond repute

Well done. I just played for the first time and had my own epic battle to defeat Pat Cash 17-15 in the fifth. I got a triple bagel the first time I played but was a fast enough learner to dominate on serve the second time. Thanks for introducing me to the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death
i add value to mtf. mtf needs me far more than i need mtf. i have even been offered money (a small monthy salary) to hang out and chill at a couple of other forums.
selyoink is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:56 PM   #14
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

I can't beat Lendl

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:06 PM   #15
country flag Vida

Vida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
I can't beat Lendl
go to the net on every point