Do you Serbs regret ideas of Milosovic? - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #106
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you Serbs regret ideas of Milosovic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick the greek View Post
Obviously, you either can't read, you're blind or not very smart.
He did expressed views(in bold) and he heard them from anti Serb western media.Why didn't he ask himself do young Bosnian/Croat poster think genocide/ethnic cleansing is no big deal?Does he know about Naser Orlic and what he did to Serbs before Srebrenica or has he heard about Oluja(classic case of ethnic cleansing done by Croats)?Does he know about death camp for Serbs,Jews and Gipsies called Jasenovac from WWII held by NDH(Independent State of Croatia) a fascist state who was Hitler's alllies?
Like I said, be informed(from the right sources)educate yourself and than express views.
I did not hear them from Western media. A Serbian poster in General Messages said Srebrenica was no big deal, and that the UN/US were lying when they reported that Serbs were responsible for 90% of atrocities during the war. I came here to see if that was a common view held by Serbs.

Time Violation and ssin have been very helpful and provided me with some frank, educational answers. They corrected a couple of perceptions I had, gave me their own personal perspectives on the matter without insulting me for my ignorance, and actually interested me in finding out a bit more about the topic.

I wish I could say the same about you and Mr Oracle, who assumed I am too biased or too ignorant to understand.
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #107
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar1844 View Post
I did not hear them from Western media. A Serbian poster in General Messages said Srebrenica was no big deal, and that the UN/US were lying when they reported that Serbs were responsible for 90% of atrocities during the war. I came here to see if that was a common view held by Serbs.

Time Violation and ssin have been very helpful and provided me with some frank, educational answers. They corrected a couple of perceptions I had, gave me their own personal perspectives on the matter without insulting me for my ignorance, and actually interested me in finding out a bit more about the topic.

I wish I could say the same about you and Mr Oracle, who assumed I am too biased or too ignorant to understand.
They were lying.
I did the same but, but you didn't like what I said(the truth).
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #108
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mr Oracle is an expat if I am not mistaken, and one usually takes expats' opinion with a grain of salt. In case of expats who left Serbia 20+ years ago, the grain may be the size of a small car
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:03 PM   #109
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

^ Expats and diaspora folk indeed tend to have more extreme opinions on this issue. As a diaspora kid myself, I agree with what ssin and Time Violation said.
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #110
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Like I said, be informed(from the right sources)educate yourself and than express views.
Anyone who can write a sentence like that is not worth my time.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #111
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Anyone who can write a sentence like that is not worth my time.
Get off your high horse clown.You're just a hateful mug.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:12 PM   #112
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

lol, BH banned. what did he do this time?
Old 01-23-2013, 07:34 PM   #113
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
lol, BH banned. what did he do this time?
He did a bit of trolling here, somebody probably took it the wrong way and reported. It was totally uncalled for/didn't contribute anything to the thread, but probably didn't need to be banned either, simply cleaning up the thread of spam would suffice.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Old 01-23-2013, 08:31 PM   #114
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
He did a bit of trolling here, somebody probably took it the wrong way and reported. It was totally uncalled for/didn't contribute anything to the thread, but probably didn't need to be banned either, simply cleaning up the thread of spam would suffice.
That's too reasonable for MTF moderators.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:05 PM   #115
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They were lying.
I did the same but, but you didn't like what I said(the truth).
You threw a bunch of catchphrases at me and didn't really explain any of them, then told me I was too ignorant to understand the explanations. So, educate me. Why do you think the UN figures are lies? What is your opinion on Srebrenica and people like Mladic, and why do you hold those opinions?

You've told me to educate myself on the issue. Well, I have in fact done a bit of reading. I realise that there were atrocities on both sides and Naser Oric was a pretty unpleasant dude, but it's really confusing to me how you can equate his crimes to to the Srebrenica massacre. I mean, torturing and killing 11 captured soldiers is pretty evil but it sort of pales in comparison to the massacre of over 8,000 men and children.

I'm not trying to paint Serbs as bad people because it would be hard to find too many countries (including my own) that haven't done some horrible things during wartime. But I am struggling to understand why people like yourself try to justify it. If I'm uninformed on the matter, then please enlighten me.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:50 PM   #116
Banned!

Quote:
You threw a bunch of catchphrases at me and didn't really explain any of them, then told me I was too ignorant to understand the explanations. So, educate me. Why do you think the UN figures are lies? What is your opinion on Srebrenica and people like Mladic, and why do you hold those opinions?

You've told me to educate myself on the issue. Well, I have in fact done a bit of reading. I realise that there were atrocities on both sides and Naser Oric was a pretty unpleasant dude, but it's really confusing to me how you can equate his crimes to to the Srebrenica massacre. I mean, torturing and killing 11 captured soldiers is pretty evil but it sort of pales in comparison to the massacre of over 8,000 men and children.

I'm not trying to paint Serbs as bad people because it would be hard to find too many countries (including my own) that haven't done some horrible things during wartime. But I am struggling to understand why people like yourself try to justify it. If I'm uninformed on the matter, then please enlighten me.
Bold parts just show how little you know and your tendency to simplify things.It'd take me long time to "enlighten" you and this is a tennis forum, not a political one.So, if you really wanna know more send me your e-mail in a PM and I'll "educate" you.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:58 PM   #117
country flag Caesar1844

Dude, it's a discussion forum. Discuss. I've asked a bunch of pretty simple questions, why don't you have a crack at answering them?

Personally I think it is pretty piss weak of you to come in here and tell people they're wrong/ignorant, and then refuse to actually put forward your own arguments. Seems to indicate to me that you're all hot air and no substance.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:01 PM   #118
Slacker

Quote:
The "why" usually generates infinite number of pages whether in books, press, magazines, forums etc. The shortest and most basic explanation (in my opinion of course) is vicious circle. Both official and unofficial history was teaching a lot of generations that the Serbs suffered 500+ years under Turks, i.e. Muslims, and also that hundreds of thousands died in Croatian Nazi death camps; the WW2 wasn't that long ago and still many people had their relatives/parents/friends lost there, so when the civil war happened, a number of people thought it was finally "payback time" and "an eye for an eye".

Of course, violence generates more violence which generates more violence and so on. When it all ended, then on all sides it was mostly all about who started it first, who was more guilty, whose losses were higher, who were the good guys and who are the bad guys, everybody pointing fingers to the other side and more-less that still goes on. The all-present myopia and failure to see the bigger picture, is unfortunately not something easily curable.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:13 PM   #119
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Added to that is that anyone who tries to nuance what went on there gets branded a traitor by his/her compatriots, for their own party is exclusively the victim and never the perpetrator of anything that went on during the war. Anything that can be ascribed to a side as an act of agression is either far less worse than public opinion makes of it (see what has been said about Srebrenica in this thread) or ´merely´ a just act of self-defence.
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:21 PM   #120
Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
Added to that is that anyone who tries to nuance what went on there gets branded a traitor by his/her compatriots, for their own party is exclusively the victim and never the perpetrator of anything that went on during the war. Anything that can be ascribed to a side as an act of agression is either far less worse than public opinion makes of it (see what has been said about Srebrenica in this thread) or ´merely´ a just act of self-defence.
Yea, it's the usual "if you are not with us, then you're against us". To make things more grotesque, each side will sooner or later claim God and justice is/was on their side, never mind that the same God teaches compassion and peace.

Again, it's all oh-so simplified. There were also people in there for the money, for the political points, for other more or less bizarre reasons, different sides had support from different foreign countries who in turn had their own disparate interests, yada-yada. Some people sooner or later realized how utterly pointless and futile it all was, some probably never will.