FITD Eurasian Autumn Circuit - Valencia *FINAL UPDATE - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Your choice: What color scheme for this tournament? (You may pick multiple options)

Blue Background w/ Red shades for scores 4 33.33%
Blue Background w/ Green shades for scores 2 16.67%
Blue Background w/ Yellow shades for scores 3 25.00%
Blue Background w/ Rainbow colors for scores 5 41.67%
Cyan Background w/ Red shades for scores 2 16.67%
Cyan Background w/ Green shades for scores 1 8.33%
Cyan Background w/ Purple shades for scores 2 16.67%
Cyan Background w/ Rainbow colors for scores 2 16.67%
Turquoise Background w/ Red shades for scores 2 16.67%
Turquoise Background w/ Rainbow colors for scores 3 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2011, 11:54 PM   #1
country flag Thunderfish8

Thunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default FITD Eurasian Autumn Circuit - Valencia *FINAL UPDATE

Welcome to Fill-In-The-Draw 2011
Eurasian Autumn Circuit
Tournament 6/7 - Valencia

Here's what you need to know:

1) No commitments are necessary for the tournaments. Simply post your picks in the thread. You may play more than one event per week.

2) To play this game, you will post a full predicted draw for the tournament, including all winners in all matches of all rounds.

3) You must post your full prediction before the first ball of the first main draw match is struck.

4) Every player can replace his/her draw only once per tournament whatever the reason of replacement.
If you are changing picks, you must post your picks in a new post. No editing posts under any circumstances.

5) As far as qualifiers are concerned, you may post just "Q" in you predictions if you wish to make them before the qualifiers are placed, or you may wait until they are placed to predict, but remember that you must post before the first match begins. If two qualifiers play each other, and you are predicting before they are placed, you must predict based on their placement in the draw. For instance, you may say "Qualifier 1" which would indicate a prediction that the qualifier who is listed first in the draw would win, or you may say "Qualifier 2" which means that you predict the other qualifier to win.
If you didn't determine Qualifier 1 or 2, your pick will not be counted.

6) If a player receives a bye, you do not get points for predicting them into the second round.

7) Scoring goes as follows:
The points you receive will be based on the round points for the tournament. For each player you predict correctly into the second round, you receive the round points for a first round victory, and so on.

8) The tiebreak rule is to go by how many correct picks the players had in each round, (for example)
1. # of correct Final picks
2. # of correct SF picks
3. # of correct QF picks
4. # of correct R16 picks, etc.
and if the players are still tied after counting each round, they will remain tied.

9) PLEASE REMEMBER:
-When you post your picks, please list ONLY the winners of each round. DO NOT have 'Player A d. Player B' as it will make the manager's job much easier
-Also, please do not use smilies in your picks, there is really no need for it.

For more info, please feel free to visit the FITD forum in the games section

Berdych Monaco Granollers Troicki Roger-Vasselin Lu Paire

PAW Titles: Brisbane 2012 & 2014
FITD Titles: Marseille 2014
Tennis Tipping Titles
Singles: Orleans CH '11, Tampere CH '12, Medellin CH '12
Doubles: Noumea CH '13 w/ Chirag, Cherbourg CH '14 w/ BMT360

Last edited by Thunderfish8 : 11-05-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Thunderfish8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2011, 11:55 PM   #2

Thunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FITD 2011 Eurasian Autumn Circuit (6/7) - Valencia *SUNDAY START

The FITD Board and Thunderfish
Welcome You to the
EURASIAN AUTUMN SERIES

What Is It???

This is a series that will work similarly to the U.S. Open Olympus Bonus Series. The only difference is that it is at the end of the season. I am running one tournament every week from now until the World Tour Finals and each of those tournaments will be part of the series. Your scores for each of the seven tournaments will be added up for your final series score. There are seven tournaments so the top 7 players will get bonus ranking points at the end of the series.

What Tournaments are Included In the Series???

There are seven tournaments, one every week starting with Bangkok and ending with Paris. The Tournaments Are:
Bangkok
Tokyo
Shanghai
Moscow
Vienna
Valencia
and Paris

What are the rules???

This is a fairly simples plan. I (Thunderfish) will be the manager of all seven tournaments. If you ever forget which tournament of the week is part of the series, just look for the one that I am managing. There are only a couple of rules:
1. You all have busy lives. I get it. You will not be eliminated from the series if you miss one tournament. You will simply receive no points for that tournament.
2. I will release a series leaderboard update at the end of every tournament. Please do not constantly ask about the total standings. There is no spreadsheet for this kind of leaderboard so I will have to format it myself to work. Do not worry. I am not a lazy leader, but when you put pressure on me, I am more likely to make small mistakes.
3. Please for the love of god, read the post on how to make your picks.
4. The FITD board has approved these rules and the series as a whole, so no skepticism please. I have gotten permission to do this.

Prizes (Obviously the most important part)...

All prizes are in the form of ranking points. Prizes are as follows:
1st - 500 points
2nd - 300 points
3rd - 250 points
4th - 200 points
5th - 150 points
6th - 100 points
7th - 50 points

What is each tournament worth for the series??

Bangkok - 840
Tokyo - 1880
Shanghai - 4120
Moscow - 840
Vienna - 840
Valencia - 1880
Paris - 3760

Thanks d_s for helping make this happen!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Enjoy the series. Hopefully, if all goes well, we can do something like this again in the future.

Tennis Tipping Titles

Last edited by Thunderfish8 : 10-29-2011 at 01:40 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:56 PM   #3

Ranking Points

Code:
ATP World Tour 500 (32)
1 --- 500	9 --- 84	17 -- 42	25 -- 20
2 --- 300	10 -- 79	18 -- 40	26 -- 18
3 --- 240	11 -- 73	19 -- 37	27 -- 15
4 --- 180	12 -- 68	20 -- 34	28 -- 12
5 --- 158	13 -- 62	21 -- 31	29 -- 9
6 --- 135	14 -- 56	22 -- 29	30 -- 7
7 --- 113	15 -- 51	23 -- 26	31 -- 3
8 --- 90	16 -- 45	24 -- 23	32 -- 1
Scoring Points

Code:
ATP 500 / Draw 32
-----------------------
R1 - 45
R2 - 45
QF - 90
SF - 120
F - 200

Tennis Tipping Titles

Last edited by Thunderfish8 : 10-29-2011 at 01:45 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:56 PM   #4

The Draw

(1)David Ferrer (ESP) vs Fernando Verdasco (ESP)
Qualifier vs John Isner (USA)
Qualifier vs Guillermo Garcia-Lopez (ESP)
Nikolay Davydenko (RUS) vs (5)Gilles Simon (FRA)

(4)Nicolas Almagro (ESP) vs (WC)Juan Monaco (ARG)
(WC)Daniel Gimeno-Traver (ESP) vs Fabio Fognini (ITA)
Qualifier vs Juan Carlos Ferrero (ESP)
Alex Bogomolov Jr. (USA) vs (8)Feliciano Lopez (ESP)

(7)Alexandr Dolgopolov (UKR) vs Marcel Granollers (ESP)
Marin Cilic (CRO) vs Milos Raonic (CAN)
Juan Ignacio Chela (ARG) vs Pablo Andujar (ESP)
Albert Montanes (ESP) vs (3)Gael Monfils (FRA)

(6)Juan Martin Del Potro (ARG) vs Dmitry Tursunov (RUS)
Kevin Anderson (RSA) vs Qualifier
Sam Querrey (USA) vs Ernests Gulbis (LAT)
(WC)Javier Marti (ESP) vs (2)Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA)[/quote]

Tennis Tipping Titles

Last edited by Thunderfish8 : 10-29-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:57 PM   #5

leaderboard/statistics

Tennis Tipping Titles

Last edited by Thunderfish8 : 10-29-2011 at 01:49 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:58 PM   #6

How to Send Picks

I only have a couple of requests. It's not the end of the world if you don't follow them, but my life will be made a whole lot easier especially because I have to deal with the "surprise" as well. Updates will be quicker (especially the first few) if you follow these requests.

1. THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: Please make sure before submitting your picks that there are no spaces after each name.
Nadal
Federer
Djokovic
Tsonga
Looks the same as:
Nadal
Federer
Djokovic
Tsonga
except the second entry has spaces after every name. If you are careless and leave these spaces, I will have to manually delete them.

2. Other managers make a bigger deal over this than I will but please do not put spaces between rounds. I honestly don't give a crap if I have to cut and paste separately but, again, easier formatting means quicker updates. Your choice.

3. The one thing that I cannot stand is misspelling. Just refer to the posted draw in order to get correct spellings. These are the hardest mistakes for me to root out and if you do not recieve points because of misspelling, it is your job to notify me because this mistake is on you, not me.

Just to add on to the misspelling stuff, in the Bangkok thread, three picks mysteriously disappeared because of the most subtle misspellings. Basically, excel was being a little prick.
My point is that Haase looks almost identical to Hasse, Monfils looks the same as Momfils or Monfls. When I look at the statistics screen and see missing picks in three different rounds, I go and waste about 2 hours searching through your picks for the freakin error, and I just cannot find the really subtle ones. So please, just proofread your picks before submitting them.

Tennis Tipping Titles

Last edited by Thunderfish8 : 10-29-2011 at 01:49 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 01:44 PM   #7

Default Re: FITD 2011 Eurasian Autumn Circuit (6/7) - Valencia *DRAW POSTED **SUNDAY START

everyone should start picking soon, play starts tomorrow!!

Tennis Tipping Titles
Old 10-29-2011, 02:10 PM   #8
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FITD 2011 Eurasian Autumn Circuit (6/7) - Valencia *DRAW POSTED **SUNDAY START

Round 1
Ferrer
Isner
Qualifier
Simon
Almagro
Fognini
Ferrero
Lopez
Dolgopolov
Raonic
Chela
Monfils
Del Potro
Anderson
Gulbis
Tsonga
Round 2
Ferrer
Simon
Almagro
Lopez
Raonic
Monfils
Del Potro
Tsonga
QF
Ferrer
Lopez
Monfils
Tsonga
SF
Ferrer
Monfils
F
Monfils
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:14 PM   #9
country flag flynn25

flynn25 has a reputation beyond reputeflynn25 has a reputation beyond reputeflynn25 has a reputation beyond reputeflynn25 has a reputation beyond reputeflynn25 has a reputation beyond reputeflynn25 has a reputation beyond reputeflynn25 has a reputation beyond reputeflynn25 has a reputation beyond reputeflynn25 has a reputation beyond reputeflynn25 has a reputation beyond reputeflynn25 has a reputation beyond repute

R1
Ferrer
Isner
Garcia-Lopez
Simon
Almagro
Fognini
Ferrero
Lopez
Dolgopolov
Cilic
Chela
Monfils
Del Potro
Anderson
Gulbis
Tsonga
R2
Ferrer
Simon
Almagro
Ferrero
Cilic
Monfils
Anderson
Tsonga
QF
Ferrer
Ferrero
Cilic
Anderson
SF
Ferrer
Anderson
F
Ferrer
2 WIM
2 USO
1 OLY

693-135 CAREER RECORD
63 CAREER SINGLES TITLES
4 DAVIS CUPS
137 WEEKS AS NO.1
27 MASTERS TITLES
flynn25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:34 PM   #10
country flag Fickelgruber

Fickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond repute

R1
Ferrer
Isner
Garcia-Lopez
Simon
Almagro
Gimeno-Traver
Ferrero
Lopez
Dolgopolov
Raonic
Chela
Monfils
Del Potro
Anderson
Gulbis
Tsonga
R2
Ferrer
Simon
Almagro
Ferrero
Raonic
Monfils
Del Potro
Tsonga
QF
Ferrer
Almagro
Monfils
Tsonga
SF
Ferrer
Tsonga
F
Tsonga

Old 10-29-2011, 03:06 PM   #11
country flag Eddy DoubleD

Eddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond repute

R1
Ferrer
Isner
Garcia-Lopez
Simon
Monaco
Gimeno-Traver
Ferrero
Lopez
Granollers
Raonic
Chela
Monfils
Del Potro
Anderson
Gulbis
Tsonga
R2
Ferrer
Garcia-Lopez
Monaco
Lopez
Raonic
Monfils
Del Potro
Tsonga
Q
Ferrer
Lopez
Monfils
Del Potro
S
Ferrer
Del Potro
F
Del Potro

Grigor Dimitrov | Bernard Tomic | Kei Nishikori | Ernests Gulbis
Jiri Vesely | Nick Kirgyos | Thanasi Kokkinakis | Alexander Zverev

[TT]: Singles - Entry #79 Doubles - Entry #177 Partner: ?
[DTT]: Singles - Entry #24 Doubles - Entry #17 Partner: lucian_iasi
[FITD]: Entry #40 Race #39
[PAW]: Entry #32
[Suicide Tennis]: Entry #26 Race #37
[Challenger Challenge]: #10
Eddy DoubleD is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:30 PM   #12
country flag Boomer23

Boomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond repute

Round 1
Ferrer
Isner
Qualifier
Simon
Almagro
Fognini
Ferrero
Lopez
Dolgopolov
Raonic
Chela
Monfils
Del Potro
Anderson
Querrey
Tsonga
Round 2
Ferrer
Simon
Almagro
Lopez
Raonic
Monfils
Del Potro
Tsonga
QF
Ferrer
Lopez
Monfils
Tsonga
SF
Ferrer
Tsonga
F
Ferrer

Simon - Gasquet - Del Potro - Federer

Kuerten
Boomer23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:36 PM   #13
country flag kingroger

kingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond repute

1st Round
Verdasco
Isner
Garcia-Lopez
Davydenko
Almagro
Fognini
Ferrero
Lopez
Dolgopolov
Raonic
Chela
Monfils
Del Potro
Anderson
Querrey
Tsonga
2nd Round
Verdasco
Davydenko
Almagro
Lopez
Raonic
Monfils
Del Potro
Tsonga
QF
Verdasco
Lopez
Monfils
Del Potro
SF
Verdasco
Del Potro
Final
Del Potro
TTS:#122 (High: #121) W (2)2012: Alphen CH, Szezecin CH
TTD: #132 (High: #26)
W (5) 2012: Caloundra CH w/TankingTheSet, Memphis w/Hellcat, Arad CH w/Marto - 2011: Cherbourg CH w/Kirilenko-Fan, Miami w/Kirilenko-Fan
DTT Singles: High: #1 - W Australian Open 2011, Madrid 2011, Tokyo 2011
DTT Doubles: High: #3 - W Wimbledon 2011, US Open 2011
kingroger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:40 PM   #14
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

First round
Verdasco
Isner
Garcia-Lopez
Simon
Almagro
Fognini
Ferrero
Lopez
Dolgopolov
Raonic
Andujar
Monfils
Del Potro
Anderson
Gulbis
Tsonga
R2
Isner
Simon
Almagro
Lopez
Dolgopolov
Monfils
Del Potro
Tsonga
QF
Simon
Lopez
Monfils
Tsonga
SF
Simon
Tsonga
F
Tsonga

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 114 (Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 66 (Best 65) - Won Sao Paulo, SF Rome, SF Chennai, SF Buenos Aires, SF Queens (with stbanchile) RU : Sarasota CH (with Litotes), Mohammedia CH, Manta CH (with Daniel_amr)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 9:6 (ATP 1:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:13 PM   #15
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

Rd 1
Ferrer
Isner
Garcia-Lopez
Simon
Almagro
Gimeno-Traver
Ferrero
Lopez
Granollers
Cilic
Andujar
Monfils
Del Potro
Anderson
Gulbis
Tsonga
Rd 2
Ferrer
Simon
Almagro
Lopez
Cilic
Monfils
Del Potro
Tsonga
QF
Ferrer
Lopez
Monfils
Tsonga
SF
Ferrer
Monfils
W
Ferrer

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote