Marat Safin elected to Russian parliament - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-09-2011, 05:57 AM   #61
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marat Safin elected to Russian parliament

I wouldn't mind having Marat as my MP.

But really, Putin's party??
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2011, 11:16 AM   #62
country flag alter ego

alter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verd View Post

The fact that he stood for election in Putin's party and that Gorbachev is openly calling for a rerun of the election after widespread allegations of voter fraud should give anyone pause as to his political wisdom.
How's Gorbachev? oh yes the guy that ruined the Soviet Union and how's now making commercials for Pizza hut.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:37 AM   #63
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
I wouldn't mind having Marat as my MP.

But really, Putin's party??
He probably saw Putin's party as the best channel to make an impact. To get investments into sports facilities and so.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:53 PM   #64
country flag shiaben

shiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond repute

Putin>>>>>>>>>>>Gorbachev and Yeltsin. Shouldn't be compared at all.

At least the guy did not run off with billions of the people's money and abandon the economy to a shithole.

Instead during his presidency, the economy bounced back for awhile, the GDP expanded, poverty decreased by close to 50% and the amount of monthly income increased. Of course that was for about close to a decade until things are starting to slowly drop again, unfortunately.

But yeah Safin will probably use that MP power/status to use his influence on sports facilities and opportunities for athletic youngsters and whatnot lol.
shiaben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:12 AM   #65
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Marat is part of Putin's party? The one that engage in widespread electoral fraud and is breaking up protests? This doesn't seem so funny anymore.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:36 AM   #66
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiaben View Post
Putin>>>>>>>>>>>Gorbachev and Yeltsin. Shouldn't be compared at all.

At least the guy did not run off with billions of the people's money and abandon the economy to a shithole.

Instead during his presidency, the economy bounced back for awhile, the GDP expanded, poverty decreased by close to 50% and the amount of monthly income increased. Of course that was for about close to a decade until things are starting to slowly drop again, unfortunately.

But yeah Safin will probably use that MP power/status to use his influence on sports facilities and opportunities for athletic youngsters and whatnot lol.
this. a million times this.

but you're mostly dealing with a bunch of deluded ignorant westerners here
Old 12-10-2011, 01:54 AM   #67
country flag fmolinari2005

fmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Former ATP No.1 Safin elected to Russian parliament

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
Russia
I would add:

BRIC

At Brazil the same shit happens. Not a thing against Marat, the guy seems like a clever person. Who knows what the future holds for him and he might even become a fine politician. But that was definitely NOT the reason he got elected. He got elected because he is Marat Safin: sports celebrity. No chance in hell that people voted for Safin because they looked into his portfolio of ideas, curriculum and prospects.

COME ON MURRAY!
Andy Murray: USO champion! Roger Federer: LEGEND!

2012: A reminder to all of those who said Murray would never win a GS and that Federer was done winning GS titles!
fmolinari2005 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:52 PM   #68
country flag Tommy_Vercetti

Tommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't he live abroad for almost his entire career to avoid taxes?

He must represent the "Minnesota" district of Russia where they will elect any clown that gets a lot of press coverage.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:03 PM   #69
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

I will just say Congrats to Marat Many times sports and Hollywood celebs get into politics just due to their "name" in the U.S. In fact a lot of them win also so I guess it is just the way of the World!
Old 12-10-2011, 03:26 PM   #70
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

I'd take Marat's standout CV/resume over the hundreds of thousands of 'I went to college' CV/resume's.

Wouldn't even have to ask the guy what his unique selling point is.

Beautiful girls are like complex puzzles. The closer you look the harder it gets.

-Drunk guy at Mcdonalds
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:15 PM   #71

Tommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond repute

And you wouldn't care that he left the country to evade taxes?

Because for all the bloody murder cried about corporations doing the same thing, people seem awfully understanding about individuals doing it.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:40 PM   #72
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty sure if you invade any politicians mind you'd find that their thoughts contradict their actions. Their goal is to gain public support with their actions while in office, not to be our unrealistically perfect perceptions of how those who influence our futures should be.

At least with Safin it's pretty much out in the open. He knows it, we know it. That probably can't be said with most of the rest of the politicians around the world.

Beautiful girls are like complex puzzles. The closer you look the harder it gets.

-Drunk guy at Mcdonalds
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #73
country flag randajad86

randajad86 has a reputation beyond reputerandajad86 has a reputation beyond reputerandajad86 has a reputation beyond reputerandajad86 has a reputation beyond reputerandajad86 has a reputation beyond reputerandajad86 has a reputation beyond reputerandajad86 has a reputation beyond reputerandajad86 has a reputation beyond reputerandajad86 has a reputation beyond reputerandajad86 has a reputation beyond reputerandajad86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiaben View Post
Putin>>>>>>>>>>>At least the guy did not run off with billions of the people's money
He will Putin is the richest person of Europe who sold our country.
http://www.putin-itogi.ru/putin-what...-have-brought/
randajad86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:30 PM   #74

I wouldn't necessarily believe it came from the people. More like all the billions they bilked off Clinton's idiocy back in the 90's and the international aid organizations. That's what has disappeared.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:45 AM   #75
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Former ATP No.1 Safin elected to Russian parliament

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmolinari2005 View Post
I would add:

BRIC

At Brazil the same shit happens. Not a thing against Marat, the guy seems like a clever person. Who knows what the future holds for him and he might even become a fine politician. But that was definitely NOT the reason he got elected. He got elected because he is Marat Safin: sports celebrity. No chance in hell that people voted for Safin because they looked into his portfolio of ideas, curriculum and prospects.
Seriously? You really think that's how regular politicians get elected?
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote