Marat Safin elected to Russian parliament - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-08-2011, 07:18 AM   #46
country flag thegreendestiny

thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Former ATP No.1 Safin elected to Russian parliament

I don't understand how people necessitate high level of education to a successful political career. Yes he did not have a college degree, but he did not run to become a lawyer of a mere civil servant. He was voted as a representative, to represent a certain region and a certain population. Anyone who can recognize the needs and struggles of the people can run in the parliament.

Nishikori, Berankis, Raonic, Kuznetsov, Dimitrov

thegreendestiny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2011, 07:22 AM   #47
country flag PiggyGotRoasted

PiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiaben View Post
2nd? I had no idea. Strange statistic.
He isnt - im just quoting the video lol.
PiggyGotRoasted is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:31 AM   #48
country flag Gabe32

Gabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond repute

President Obama went to Columbia University, then Harvard Law (where he was the editor of the law journal there), then he was a civil rights attorney, then a state senator for Illinois, and then the president of the United States.

President George W. Bush went to Yale, and then Harvard Business School, then served in the Texas Air National Guard, became an owner of a MLB team, then the Governor of Texas and then the president of the United States.

It is easy to post goofy looking cartoons over an internet message board.

The truth is, Marat has very little education or experience and is very hot-tempered. He was one of my favorite tennis players, but he probably should not be elected to public office.
Gabe32 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:36 AM   #49
country flag thegreendestiny

thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe32 View Post
President Obama went to Columbia University, then Harvard Law (where he was the editor of the law journal there), then he was a civil rights attorney, then a state senator for Illinois, and then the president of the United States.

President George W. Bush went to Yale, and then Harvard Business School, then served in the Texas Air National Guard, became an owner of a MLB team, then the Governor of Texas and then the president of the United States.

The truth is, Marat has very little education or experience and is very hot-tempered. He was one of my favorite tennis players, but he probably should not be elected to public office.
George Bush, "highly educated" as he is dragged USA to two wars and caused trillions of debt to the US.

Obama, another "highly educated" politician can not even fulfill half his promises.

Nishikori, Berankis, Raonic, Kuznetsov, Dimitrov

thegreendestiny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:37 AM   #50
country flag Sri

Sri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

This is a tennis forum, I refuse to indulge in a political discussion if I am not allowed to make jokes and post funny images.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:39 AM   #51
country flag Gabe32

Gabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond repute

Ha sure, I am just saying Presidents Bush and Obama are a little more qualified than Marat Safin at pretty much anything other than hitting a tennis ball/breaking a racket.

I wish him good luck though!
Gabe32 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:53 AM   #52
country flag Cat9

Cat9 has a reputation beyond reputeCat9 has a reputation beyond reputeCat9 has a reputation beyond reputeCat9 has a reputation beyond reputeCat9 has a reputation beyond reputeCat9 has a reputation beyond reputeCat9 has a reputation beyond reputeCat9 has a reputation beyond reputeCat9 has a reputation beyond reputeCat9 has a reputation beyond reputeCat9 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marat Safin elected to Russian parliament

Awesome. Safin can bring the same complete and utter lack of interest to politics that he brought to tennis. God help Russia.
Cat9 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:09 AM   #53
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SetSampras View Post
Whats his qualifications? Underachievement and Bar Hopping?
Quote:
“Trust me, Marat is going to go a long way. He is very intelligent and articulate and he’s good with people, and that’s half the battle with being a politician.”
That's the quote from your idol. That USO final in 2000 must still hurt or what? And to all you hatas here, you have no idea how intelligent Marat Safin really is or isn't.
And you have no idea about what kind of charity work, work in the Russian Tennis Federation and other stuff he has done. OK I better stop now.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:19 AM   #54
country flag asmazif

asmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond repute

safin for god
Nole / Tsonga / The Fog / Haas / Brown / Gojowczyk / Colonel / Mahut / Sijsling / Dolgo / Funky Flo / Cuevas / Fed / Stan / Baker / Alund / Kei / Tursunov / Copil / Brands / Benneteau / Steps / Stakh / PHM
Rafter / Edberg / Henman / Stich / Safin / Gambill / Grosjean / Malisse / Gonzo / Llodra / Santoro / Agassi / Schalken / Nováček / Rosewall / H-T Lee / Kuerten / Boetsch / Pavel / Sundström / Björkman / Scud / El Aynaoui / Arazi / Calleri / Sampras / Nalbandian / Mosquito / Srichaphan / Pioline
asmazif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:25 AM   #55
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

• Speaks 4 languages fluently
  • Well traveled, been to many countries, experienced various cultures
  • Experience talking to sponsors, companies, investors
  • Experience talking to the media
  • Experience talking to public, crowds, being on big stage
  • Influential/well known - public will actually listen to him
  • Already rich so there's less danger of corruption

Doesn't seem like a bad candidate to me.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:27 AM   #56
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
  • Well traveled, been to many countries, experienced many cultures
  • Experience talking to public, crowds, big stage
  • Liked and respected so public will actually listen to him

Doesn't seem like a bad candidate.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #57
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
  • Well traveled, been to many countries, experienced various cultures
  • Experience talking to sponsors
  • Experience talking to public, crowds, being on big stage
  • Influential/well known - public will actually listen to him
Doesn't seem like a bad candidate.
Exactly.

He is worldwide recognized and on the top of all he knows sports so well from every side, which is desired before approaching Sochi winter Olympic Games.

Besides in every parliament in democratic or almost democratic world I believe people are elected from different society backgrounds, so most groups have their representant. Not sure what is wrong with this.

It's Safin debut, he is 31 y.o., and people already judge this Safin what president he would be in 20 years. Even George Weah can't become a president in Liberia without experience, trust and appropriate preparation.

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #58
country flag fran70

fran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond repute

[b]My hall of fame: Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal-Jo Wilfried Tsonga-David Ferrer-Juan Carlos Ferrero-Tommy Haas- Radek Stepanek-Lleyton Hewitt-David Nalbandian-Guillermo Cañas-Carlos Moya-Pete Sampras-Petr Korda- Kent Carlsson-Richard Krajicek-Karol Kucera-Tim Henman-Alex Corretja-Thomas Muster-Michael Stich-Pat Cash-Patrick Rafter-Darren Cahill-Ivan Lendl-Mats Wilander-Miloslav Mecir-Karel Novacek-Joakim Nystrom-Henrik Sundstrom-Hans Simonsson-Anders Jarryd-Jimmy Connors-Bjorn Borg-Guillermo Vilas.
fran70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:29 PM   #59
country flag anutam

anutam has a reputation beyond reputeanutam has a reputation beyond reputeanutam has a reputation beyond reputeanutam has a reputation beyond reputeanutam has a reputation beyond reputeanutam has a reputation beyond reputeanutam has a reputation beyond reputeanutam has a reputation beyond reputeanutam has a reputation beyond reputeanutam has a reputation beyond reputeanutam has a reputation beyond repute

I am for Marat and i am russian.

AR:"You'd better be very good at your job if you're going to criticize Federer for the way he's doing his."
anutam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:11 PM   #60
country flag alter ego

alter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

1.Being a MP is not the same thing as being president or prime minister.
2.The fact that Bush has such school credential should put Yale and Harvard to shame.