Who is the most over loved historic person? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-27-2011, 08:30 PM   #46
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who is the most over loved historic person?

Mother Teresa

Horrible woman, felt that that suffering would bring people closer to Jesus, so she set up "clinics" for poor people and let them suffer rather than treat their illnesses so she could pray over them and "save their souls"

http://www.fitz-claridge.com/Articles/MotherTeresa.html
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2011, 08:34 PM   #47
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Columbus gets off by virtue of living in the fifteenth century.

Che Guevara and De Gaulle are good picks.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:35 PM   #48
country flag safin-rules-no.1

safin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
Mother Teresa

Horrible woman, felt that that suffering would bring people closer to Jesus, so she set up "clinics" for poor people and let them suffer rather than treat their illnesses so she could pray over them and "save their souls"
Now that's enterprise!
safin-rules-no.1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:37 PM   #49
country flag Roadmap

Roadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond repute

And Spindoctor thought I was joking with this Nadull>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mother Teresa
Roadmap is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:32 PM   #50
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mother Teresa

http://www.fitz-claridge.com/Articles/MotherTeresa.html
It doesnt appeal me when a link is so simple minded and has this kind of paragraph:

Quote:
Mother Teresa was a conservative Catholic who supported the evil Pope's hard line on abortion, contraception, divorce, women priests, and generally had very bad ideas about women. A woman's highest virtue was to do her duty to the church and her husband – to be a “good” wife and mother and to serve the Catholic church.
So is it bad to be a good wife and mother?

Also this:

Quote:
but the psychological reality was precisely that of slave labour. She chose India as her base and got many young girls for her convents. Those young girls/women were not there voluntarily in the psychological sense, they were there because their parents put enormous psychological pressure on them to become nuns. Mother T had a hideously austere set of rules for them, summed up by chastity, obedience and suchlike, and that meant obedience to the church, i.e., her. (One wonders what happened when chastity and obedience came into conflict. I'll bet it was chastity that got sacrificed.)
Off course she couldnt have done different, she was subordinated to the catholic church and all she could hope was to expect some discipline and rigorous laws. We are talking about a world pre-pills. This article was written by a feminist post-60 utopia woman. Give better links, next time.

But for me Mother Teresa was a problematic person.

Last edited by Ilovetheblues_86 : 10-27-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:34 PM   #51
country flag Roadmap

Roadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond repute

Queen Victoria An entire era was named after her
Roadmap is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:44 PM   #52
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mother Teresa

Yeah because that's all she did.

You might wanna collect some actual info on the subject before making such statements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa#Uno:-) View Post
nadal is done!? seems like that....he ends his career being the UE king....
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
I didn't see the match but I hope Nadal's injury isn't too serious. Get well soon Rafa!
Orka_n is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:30 PM   #53
country flag Seingeist

Seingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
sure thing, bud.

given that you can't recognize fake arguements when you read them, i can personally advise you to read 'open society and its enemies' by karl popper for a critical assesment of plato's political leanings and abudant usage of phalacies, and 'genealogy of morality' by friedrich nietzsche (he was a bit of a clown too but his critique of plato was spot on) for an assesment of plato's morals. they might help you out.

This is getting well off-topic, but fine.

First of all, I am not some kind of strict Platonist that wishes to defend any and all Platonic doctrines. He is a brilliant philosopher who has undeniably contributed much to Western thought. There is much to be gained from engaging with Plato, even if we thoroughly reject his overall ontological and/or ethical vision of things.

As for Nietzsche's Genealogy, I've read it and thoroughly enjoyed it, and I appreciate Nietzsche's candor and occasionally brilliant insights. However, needless to say, many of his criticisms fail to hit the mark. He tends to be far more interested in retelling the history of philosophy (and humanity) as a colorful narrative that he can then comment on and critique, rather than engage with the subjects of his critique on their own terms. By and large, his attacks are directed at his own "straw man" versions of Socrates, Christianity, etc.

(But why am I even bothering replying to your useless name-dropping of material that you haven't even read?)

Quote:
then again, i know you're a fundamentalist Christian so im not sure if those books aren't forbidden for you.
Awwwww snap, dawg, I just got BURNED!

P.S. I recognize that you are simply repeating the Magician's epithet "fundamentalist," and it certainly does have that lovely backwoods vibe to it, but I am not, in any strict sense, a "fundamentalist" or part of a "fundamentalist group." "Evangelical" would be a much more accurate term (not that his primary concern or yours was ever accuracy )

Last edited by Seingeist : 10-27-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Seingeist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:36 PM   #54
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
Columbus gets off by virtue of living in the fifteenth century.

Che Guevara and "place name here" are good pricks.
Corrected. And I agree with Che. Don't really think the others are quite up to his standard.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:14 PM   #55
country flag shiaben

shiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond repute

Mother Teresa, Ghandi, Bill Clinton, Marilyn Monroe, John Lennon, there should be lots.

My favorites probably Ghandi and John Lennon.
shiaben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:51 PM   #56
country flag @Sweet Cleopatra

@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you were asking about the most loved person and I was confused by the replies.
................♥
..........♥.......... .............................♥ .
...........♥......... ..... ...........♥..♥.....♥....♥
..............♥...... ..... ........♥..........♥.........♥
..♥... ..... .........♥......♥..........♥
..................... ♥.... ...........♥♥........... ♥
..................... ....♥ ........♥♥...♥.....♥
..................... ..... .....♥........... ♥Rafa Fan 4ever
@Sweet Cleopatra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:23 AM   #57
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Richard Plantagenet wasn't loved. He has a legendary status for his crusades but he was a prick of a man by all account.

Cromwell was a piece of shit, and a dictator who forced his ways down people's throats. The guy had his body dug up and his skull was removed and placed on a pole in London, that's how despised he was.

As for Churchill, the guy's leadership is partly a reason why I'm not talking Deutsch, and don't forget he was a Tory which should make me dislike him, but I can't.

As for the answer- Margaret Thatcher. We're probably having a fucking state funeral when the witch croaks it

BTW no surprise to see Mr. America buddyholly mention Assange, cause Assange exposed American government.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:31 AM   #58
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Freddy Mercury.... contracting HIV in order to die and cement a legacy is a big no no in my book...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:48 AM   #59
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
the soviets were the one who virtually won the war at the end. curiously enough, if not for communist russia there would be little of the western civilization as we now know it
Those are the important three words. They were not able to do anything until Hitler was sufficiently weakened. If Churchill had wobbled like the rest of Western Europe, then Hitler would have been across Russia to the Pacific in no time.

It would be more correct to say if not for Churchill there would have been no Soviet Union.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:53 AM   #60
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

None. Loving people who are long dead and who you never met is pointless and tedious. It's a pathetic emotion. Always, people seem to look towards the past and try to idolize someone because they need some hero to look up to - what is the point? Look towards the future and live for yourself.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote