What's your ethnicity? - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #61
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's your ethnicity?

south indian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
As a knowledgable tennis fan (unlike some people here), I can tell you exactly that. There are tennis players who have problems with playing indoor tennis because of the different lights, different sounds etc. compared to outdoors and Nadal is obvioulsy one of those players.
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #62
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Swedish on my father's side. My mother was adopted so not sure. She was raised by swedes, so normally I just say Swedish. She had fair akin, light eyes and light brown hair with red tints - so some sort of European stock given where she was born etc.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:02 PM   #63
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

A very proud Israeli Jewish, not a proud banker...

Bummer ur not uploading picture some of u must be very special
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #64
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chair Umpire View Post
I'm glad to find a true chilean who is not afraid of his ethnics background. The Mapuches and the Rapanui are two fascinating tribes, especially the Rapanui. I hope to visit Pascua Island some day and learn more about the moáis:
That is very true. Once I was confronted by an blonde American chick when I told her that I would be afraid to be discriminated by my ethnic backgrounds if I ever visited the southern states of the USA. "You're obviously perceived as white" she said bluntly as she rolled her eyes. Truth is I'm not and I don't feel white. I'm very proud of my native american roots.

Then again, most people here are ashamed of their amerindian backgrounds. I'm probably whiter than most people here and it's a shame to see how people deny their roots and criminalize the Mapuche over everything. I think that also holds true in Spain where I think many Spanish seem to deny or at least forget their Moorish and/or Sephardi backgrounds.

Go to Easter Island someday. I visited the place last year. Absolutely amazing and a great people.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #65
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

50% scandinavian and then some 25% north italian, 25% french. Overall I look very north european while my brother looks more southern european. I probably carry recessive genes to have children that look more southern european.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:22 PM   #66
country flag Chair Umpire

Chair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
I think that also holds true in Spain where I think many Spanish seem to deny or at least forget their Moorish and/or Sephardi backgrounds.
No, not really. That's what some people in Latin American love to believe, but unlike your societies we don't have any kind of "identity crisis" in Spain.

We don't change our surnames to hide our ethnic background, our government don't have hidden agendas in migration policy to encourage the immigration from white countries (unlike the chilean government), in general, people in Spain are well-educated about our history, about who we are and where we come from. Besides, there are plenty of genetic studies about it.

paternal DNA map of Europe.

maternal DNA map of Europe.

The only "identity problem" we have in Spain are the basque and the catalan issues but this has nothing to do with race. It's mainly about money and power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
Edberg must be spinning in his grave!
Quote:
Originally Posted by selyoink View Post
As usual Mjau! is right on the money. Her analysis is flawless. It is unfortunate not everyone is as brilliant as her.
Butthurtism in Tennis Thread (demonstration inside).
Chair Umpire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #67
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, not really. That's what some people in Latin American love to believe, but unlike your societies we don't have any kind of "identity crisis" in Spain.

We don't change our surnames to hide our ethnic background, our government don't have hidden agendas in migration policy to encourage the immigration from white countries (unlike the chilean government), in general, people in Spain are well-educated about our history, about who we are and where we come from. Besides, there are plenty of genetic studies about it.
Abraxias is trying hard to distance himself from the oppressive white ethnicity and hope thereby to instead be descendent of moors who invaded and oppressed the iberian locals a thousand years ago. Doesnt make much sense and is kind of wishful thinking, most spanish look as little as maroccans as they look like the visigoths who invaded from the north. Actually they are genetically closer to germanic people than north africans, much closer:

Old 04-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #68
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
not sure what you're getting at. i never even suggested spain has an "identity crisis"

Quote:
our government don't have hidden agendas in migration policy to encourage the immigration from white countries (unlike the chilean government)
again, not sure what you mean here. chile did encourage white immigration in the XIX century (mainly Germans) and there were also minor programs in the XX century but to my awareness there's no gvt policy which encourages white immigration anymore.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #69
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
Abraxias is trying hard to distance himself from the oppressive white ethnicity and hope thereby to instead be descendent of moors who invaded and oppressed the iberian locals a thousand years ago.
uhh? what are you talking about? none of what you said about what I think has been actually said by me.

I thought the message in the OP was clear enough but to the ones with a reading comprehension problem, here it is again:

Quote:
as far as im aware, i am a typical latin american mestizo. i.e. partly spanish and partly american indian.
for fuck's sake
Old 04-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #70
country flag Chair Umpire

Chair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond repute

During the Balkans War, the government of Chile came to Europe to abduce thousands of croats under the promise of giving them a good house, jobs and good social coverages. When they finally arrived to Chile most of those promises turned out to be mainly bullsh#t. There was even an amateur report in youtube about it, uploaded by a chilean journalist.

The Chilean government have never been so generous with people from let's say Rwanda or Liberia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
Edberg must be spinning in his grave!
Quote:
Originally Posted by selyoink View Post
As usual Mjau! is right on the money. Her analysis is flawless. It is unfortunate not everyone is as brilliant as her.
Butthurtism in Tennis Thread (demonstration inside).
Chair Umpire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:39 PM   #71
country flag sexybeast

Quote:
uhh? what are you talking about? none of what you said about what I think has been actually said by me.

I thought the message in the OP was clear enough but to the ones with a reading comprehension problem, here it is again:

for fuck's sake
I am talking about this:

Quote:
i like to think that on the spanish side i also have some moorish ancentry given that most spanish have moorish blood running thru their veins.
I wouldnt react on this at all if it wasnt you who said it, seems you always looking to provoke someone when you start a thread. Some spanish have some moorish blood, but to say that most spanish have a considerable amount of moorish blood in their veins is a lie.

You said yourself also "I like to think", thereby I said "wishful thinking".
Old 04-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #72
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
I am talking about this:

I wouldnt react on this at all if it wasnt you who said it, seems you always looking to provoke someone when you start a thread. Some spanish have some moorish blood, but to say that most spanish have a considerable amount of moorish blood in their veins is a lie.

i said "most spanish have moorish blood running thru their veins" which is factual as any reasonable DNA test shows. You're the one who is lying here.

Quote:
You said yourself also "I like to think", thereby I said "wishful thinking".
Wishful thinking when it comes to have a diverse background. But from there you went on to conclude that i am trying to "distance myself from the oppressive white ethnicity", which is of course a complete leap of logic that makes little sense of what i actually said.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #73
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my god people get over it. Blood Is blood. No body is better or worse for being black, yellow, white or brown. It only matters what kind of person you are. There are good and bad of all races and nationality.

Pretty much we all came from the same ancestors.

Can we please return to the topic?

Last edited by star : 04-08-2013 at 09:41 PM.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:35 PM   #74
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
During the Balkans War, the government of Chile came to Europe to abduce thousands of croats under the promise of giving them a good house, jobs and good social coverages. When they finally arrived to Chile most of those promises turned out to be mainly bullsh#t. There was even an amateur report in youtube about it, uploaded by a chilean journalist.

that's all you've got? minor croatian-refugees immigration which occurred 20 years ago? and to prove it all you mention an amateur youtube report? Colour me convinced of your line of argumentation.

Quote:
The Chilean government have never been so generous with people from let's say Rwanda or Liberia.
you don't know what you're talking about. Chile has recently received thousands of black Haitian immigrants due to the economic and institutional crisis of the sector. Adoption of Haitian kids is in the sky as well (something which has some negative issues of its own, though).
Old 04-08-2013, 09:40 PM   #75
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I visited the place last year. Absolutely amazing and a great people.
And no pictures? That should warrant an infraction until you share some
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote