Nalby will retire at the end of 2012 ? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-26-2012, 03:29 PM   #16
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nalby will retire at the end of 2012 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joolz View Post
Delpo isn't "skipping it all the way". He'll be part of the team against Croatia.
And on clay, Spain is in a league of its own.

As for the Olympics - first of all, David needs to qualify.
i expect del ponny will skip in the last moment again...
Stephan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2012, 10:59 PM   #17
country flag Joolz

Joolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond repute

I think he'll disappoint you. He has always played when he said he would.

Just because David cares more about DC than just about anybody else that doesn't mean the other players don't care about it, at all.
Joolz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:51 PM   #18
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute

will del ponny play or not - for me is not so interesting...,
i never follow his tennis career ...
what i want: David win something before his retirement...
and DC for him is just waste of time...
but ok, he is a patriot, and that's his own busines:

i remember Andre Agassi also had a wish - to win the American Open before retirement;
yes, he did not, he was alsmost 36...
but he was close (Final 2005), he did real fight for it...
Old 03-27-2012, 12:17 AM   #19
country flag Joolz

Joolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond repute

Your point was that other players don't give a damn about DC and that Delpo always skips it - but that's not true.

David has always wanted to win DC. For him, that would be the biggest dream come true.
So no, it's not a waste of time - as it's still possible for him to win it.
And even if you can't see the appeal of it, why not hope for his sake that he gets to fulfill his dream?
After all, he has fought and suffered more for it than for anything else...
Old 03-27-2012, 02:44 AM   #20
country flag david_is_not_fat

david_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond repute

Nalby <3
He will play single and double in Davis
Old 03-27-2012, 02:46 AM   #21
country flag david_is_not_fat

david_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Your point was that other players don't give a damn about DC and that Delpo always skips it - but that's not true.
You're right

DP only skips the other chances to play in Argentina (Copa Peugeot, Copa Claro, Copa Green Tennis...)
Old 03-27-2012, 09:32 AM   #22
country flag Joolz

Yeah, and that sucks for his Argentine fans... Though he's scheduled to play that exho against Federer in December.

Anyway, for me, the only thing that matters is that Delpo can help David win DC.

And he usually doesn't play in the first round. But after that - if he says he plays then he'll be there. Like in this case.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #23
country flag Stephan

Quote:

David has always wanted to win DC. For him, that would be the biggest dream come true.
So no, it's not a waste of time - as it's still possible for him to win it.
And even if you can't see the appeal of it, why not hope for his sake that he gets to fulfill his dream?
After all, he has fought and suffered more for it than for anything else...
Quote:
Yeah, and that sucks for his Argentine fans... Though he's scheduled to play that exho against Federer in December.

Anyway, for me, the only thing that matters is that Delpo can help David win DC.

And he usually doesn't play in the first round. But after that - if he says he plays then he'll be there. Like in this case.
You are a dreamer!
stronger than me at the moment...

may be because i dream already second time,
second time man is not so sure...?
Old 03-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #24
country flag Stephan

what i know, and i'm sure:
David retire - i retire from forum too...

unfortunately there will be no players like Andre and David, or even like Pete, and Scud, in common future whom i could support
Old 03-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #25
country flag Joolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
You are a dreamer!
stronger than me at the moment...

may be because i dream already second time,
second time man is not so sure...?
I don't think you have to be a dreamer to think that Argentina has a shot at winning DC.

Not quite sure what you mean by second time, though.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:04 PM   #26
country flag Stephan

Quote:
I don't think you have to be a dreamer to think that Argentina has a shot at winning DC.

Not quite sure what you mean by second time, though.
what is not clear?

Andre Agassi was first, - my first favorite player
all of his fans (incl. me) had a wish of his next Grand Slam win before retirement...
that was first time
now - second favorite player, David, wants to win something
sorry David, but for Andre's situation it was little bit easier to believe...
Code:
"Argentina has a shot at winning DC"
- pure dream, but

hope i'm wrong
Old 03-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #27
country flag Joolz

Quote:
what is not clear?

Andre Agassi was first, - my first favorite player
all of his fans (incl. me) had a wish of his next Grand Slam win before retirement...
that was first time
now - second favorite player, David, wants to win something
sorry David, but for Andre's situation it was little bit easier to believe...
I had other favourites before David, too. But I wouldn't compare the hopes I had for them with those I have for David.

Quote:
Code:
"Argentina has a shot at winning DC"
- pure dream, but

hope i'm wrong
Why "pure dream"? David has already reached three DC finals with Argentina. It really is more than just that.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #28
country flag Stephan

Quote:
I had other favourites before David, too. But I wouldn't compare the hopes I had for them with those I have for David.
really, what we can do now in the end of Dave's career - just "compare hopes"...

Quote:
Why "pure dream"? David has already reached three DC finals with Argentina. It really is more than just that.
OK, i also wish they could win ,
but there is one old-old joke, may be you know?:
" if one time - bad luck, second time - also bad luck,
third time - it's already bad tradition...
Old 03-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #29
country flag Stephan

no comments
Old 03-27-2012, 04:35 PM   #30
country flag Joolz

Quote:
really, what we can do now in the end of Dave's career - just "compare hopes"...
No, I simply said that what happened with my previous favourites - that's the past. David is the present.

Quote:
OK, i also wish they could win ,
but there is one old-old joke, may be you know?:
" if one time - bad luck, second time - also bad luck,
third time - it's already bad tradition...
I don't think that applies here. Those three finals were all different.
The point is - they came very close to winning it before. So it's not just an unrealistic dream.