The "squash" forehand - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-25-2011, 11:59 PM   #1
country flag LawrenceOfTennis
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default The "squash" forehand

Many of you have described Tomic's forehand as a squash forehand and I have to agree tho it's a bit different. The wrist motion is weird but looks good. Seems like when he's hitting it, he really doesn't need a backswing to generate power and speed. The wrist makes the work of a huge backswing. It's something revolutional, although imo he's not the first to use it: Cilic also hits fh quite similar and Nalbandian used it at Washington last year.
Any opinions? Any other player who use it?
Asking because I started to copy it earlier this summer and works beautifully even on my pathetic amateur level.
LawrenceOfTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote