Articles - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-20-2008, 09:18 AM   #61
country flag fralexom

fralexom has a reputation beyond reputefralexom has a reputation beyond reputefralexom has a reputation beyond reputefralexom has a reputation beyond reputefralexom has a reputation beyond reputefralexom has a reputation beyond reputefralexom has a reputation beyond reputefralexom has a reputation beyond reputefralexom has a reputation beyond reputefralexom has a reputation beyond reputefralexom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles

Albert Costa has been chosen by the players.
fralexom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2009, 01:57 PM   #62
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

There is a little portrait about Alex in the current German tennismagazine. I translated the article:

What's doing Alex Corretja?

At the end of the 90ies he has been ranked #2 and was one of the best claycourt players. Today Alex Corretja is a journalist and works part-time as a coach on the tour.

Mr. Corretja, you were called "Mr. Nice Guy" and have always been friendly. What is making you angry?

Not much, I'm a very relaxed person. Only when people are envious and make dumb comments I get angry.

Is that happening often?

No, only seldom. Mostly the people are happy to see me when I'm on tournaments.

What are you doing at the tournaments?

I'm working for the TV station TVE as a journalist, commentating several times a year from tennisevents and doing interviews with the players.

What are you doing in the time between?

I have an organisation which supports young tennis- and soccerplayers. I get them the equipment and practice with them. Mainly my brother Ivan is working for the firm. We are having a firm called "Double Match" and arrange sportevents and represent famous personalities.

You are working during the claycourt season just like last year with Andy Murray. He is called a hothead. Is that true?

Andy has his own charakter and that's just fine. I really enjoy working with him. He is a hothead indeed, but also very funny.

Can you imagine to work as a coach fulltime?

Maybe in a few years, but not now. It would have to be someone who I'm convinced of that he is able to win a GS tournament.

You were close to win a GS and have been two times in the final of Paris. Are you sad that you didn't got the title?

Of course I wish I had won a GS title, but I'm not looking bad and thinking what I could have done better. I tried my best and that's ok.

Your fellow countryman Rafael Nadal has won RG already 4 times. Many people say that he can't continue with the physical demanding game he is playing.

Nadal has nearly won everything in a short time. When his career would be over when he is 28 it wouldn't matter.

Will you ever return to the tour?

No, never- I wouldn't be fit enough. Beside this I don't want to travel that much because I have a family and two daughters.

Do you have contact to the other former players?

Not much. I don't write e-mails.

Never?

Right. I have never send an e-mail. I prefer to call the people.

Interview by Nina Hoffmann for German tennismagazin 5/2009
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:26 PM   #63
country flag fralexom

fralexom has a reputation beyond reputefralexom has a reputation beyond reputefralexom has a reputation beyond reputefralexom has a reputation beyond reputefralexom has a reputation beyond reputefralexom has a reputation beyond reputefralexom has a reputation beyond reputefralexom has a reputation beyond reputefralexom has a reputation beyond reputefralexom has a reputation beyond reputefralexom has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks !
Old 07-07-2010, 08:32 AM   #64
country flag fralexom

Oh my god ! I just heard that Alex and Marta are divorced ! Alex is now dating an Argentian model living in Madrid, Martina Klein !!!

Did you know about it ???

http://mujer.terra.es/muj/corazon/ar...etja-43211.htm

Last edited by fralexom : 07-07-2010 at 09:01 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:53 PM   #65
country flag Ariel

Ariel has a reputation beyond reputeAriel has a reputation beyond reputeAriel has a reputation beyond reputeAriel has a reputation beyond reputeAriel has a reputation beyond reputeAriel has a reputation beyond reputeAriel has a reputation beyond reputeAriel has a reputation beyond reputeAriel has a reputation beyond reputeAriel has a reputation beyond reputeAriel has a reputation beyond repute

Just happened to drop in seeing a new post here. That's just a shame. I don't know anything about his wife, Marta, but the news is a surprise. He seemed to be such a family-oriented guy. Oh well. Thanks for the update.
Ariel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:22 AM   #66
country flag NicolasKiefer44

NicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond repute

Alex is divorced? Wow that flew under the radar. Anyone have any more info? Wow. Also, there are some nice pics of Alex training with Murray on the ATP site. Anyone get them?

** TEAM KIWI - NicolasKiefer44, Kezzi, Clashcityrocker, Catchie, EnriqueIG8- TEAM KIWI **
NicolasKiefer44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:59 PM   #67
country flag fralexom

http://magazine.deellas.com/noticias...nes-en-menorca
Old 08-30-2010, 04:43 PM   #68
country flag fralexom

Alex and his girls with Martina and her son Pablo in Menorca : 19 pictures !

http://www.diezminutos.es/famosos_co...aciones_juntos
Old 12-28-2010, 02:23 PM   #69
country flag fralexom

On Judy Murray's twitter, last week (Judy is Andy Murray's mother) :

Just had to show Corretja how to use a washing machine. He's 37.

LOOOOOL !!!