Does anyone like indoor tennis? - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Inddor tennis do you like?

Favoite part of year 48 21.33%
It's good stuff to watch to end the year 111 49.33%
It's tennis. Thus, I like 39 17.33%
No 4 1.78%
The worst part of season 15 6.67%
My favorite player gets points here. The only reason why I pretend its good tennis 8 3.56%
Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 04:10 PM   #121
country flag Everko

Everko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone like indoor tennis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Not in the case of Guga, JCF and Gaudio to name three RG champions. There was a lot of great point construction from those guys and also the likes of Mantilla, Corretja etc.

You should be thankful in a way the clay field is so shit now and lacks this type of player, as Murray wouldn't be seeing RG semi finals if there was.
you forgot Nadal. Forgive me I forget you wipe him from your memory because you are too scared to think about him too long.

about the Federer Will Fall thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raferminator
Best damn thread I've ever read on MTF. You should be awarded for being a visionary. Some of us out here noticed it and appreciated it.
Federer will fall
Murray will never win a slam
Federer will never beat Nadal again in a slam
Golubev will rise
Go Ouahab
Everko is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2011, 05:19 PM   #122
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

ATP did an article in light of the indoor season kicking off.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...r-Records.aspx

Some highlights:

Quote:
Ivan Lendl, No. 2 overall in the indoor list, who compiled a 344-71 (.829) indoor record including 41 titles, told ATPWorldTour.com, "Federer, Murray and Soderling all hit the ball pretty clean, which means they can be more aggressive. When I played, and even today, the faster the indoor court, the more aggressive you can and should be."
Quote:
Former World No. 4 Gene Mayer revealed to ATPWorldTour.com, "Federer uses the benefits of the controlled atmosphere to hurry his opponents. Murray returns well and gains some pace of shot by the livelier conditions and Soderling can overpower his opponents by harnessing the extra power on top of his already powerful game."
Quote:
For Mardy Fish, the list comes as no surprise. Playing indoors means one thing to the American. "Any time you have different variables -- cool and hot conditions, sun or wind -- it can sometimes be an equaliser," he admitted in Tokyo. "But a lot of the time, when the conditions are perfect, the better player wins more often than not."
Quote:
"Indoor tennis favours players with weapons," said Gimelstob. "The controlled environment, no variables like sun or wind, gives aggressive players with weapons a huge advantage. Indoor tennis favours players who can finish points, that's one of the reasons Soderling is a great indoor player. Huge weapons everywhere on the court, serve, return, forehand and backhand.

"First strike tennis indoors is easier to execute, hurting players off the serve and return. It favours shot-makers like James Blake, that can turn defence into offence with one swing of the racquet. It is easier to execute high-risk tennis indoors due to the lack of variables. Adjusting to indoor tennis isn't overly difficult, it is more an adjustment to lighting as it is artificial not natural."
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-24-2011, 05:21 PM   #123
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
ATP did an article in light of the indoor season kicking off.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...r-Records.aspx

Some highlights:
good article thanks
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-24-2011, 05:59 PM   #124
country flag LawrenceOfTennis
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Good article.
I simply cannot understand that some people don't like indoors.
LawrenceOfTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-24-2011, 08:31 PM   #125
country flag Mr.Michael

Mr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond repute

In the 80's and 90's it was simply amazing and exciting. Nowadays the season is pretty much over after The Open. The surface and the lack of quick courts are killing indoor tennis. The boring Asian circuit with empty stadiums is also crap. Only Bercy and Basel remain as some kind of classy tournaments. Vienna and Stockholm have been almost destroyed and then they have Valencia as a 500 event. Also the February season is pretty dull these days. Oh, just remembering the days of Stuttgart, Brussels, Philly and Memphis. Well, Memphis still hangs around, but it's useless.
Mr.Michael is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-24-2011, 09:33 PM   #126
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Gimelstob's words were spot on.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-24-2011, 09:38 PM   #127
country flag LawrenceOfTennis
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Gimelstob's words were spot on.
Exactly my thoughts.
LawrenceOfTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-26-2011, 04:53 PM   #128
country flag Everko

Everko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond repute

Shotmakers are the same thing as ballbashers. There are onyl a few shotmakers who are not. Like Golubev, Del Potro and Almagro.

about the Federer Will Fall thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raferminator
Best damn thread I've ever read on MTF. You should be awarded for being a visionary. Some of us out here noticed it and appreciated it.
Federer will fall
Murray will never win a slam
Federer will never beat Nadal again in a slam
Golubev will rise
Go Ouahab
Everko is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-26-2011, 04:56 PM   #129
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

its the best time of the season

real courts
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-26-2011, 04:56 PM   #130
country flag Egreen

Egreen has a reputation beyond reputeEgreen has a reputation beyond reputeEgreen has a reputation beyond reputeEgreen has a reputation beyond reputeEgreen has a reputation beyond reputeEgreen has a reputation beyond reputeEgreen has a reputation beyond reputeEgreen has a reputation beyond reputeEgreen has a reputation beyond reputeEgreen has a reputation beyond reputeEgreen has a reputation beyond repute

It's good stuff to watch to end the year.
Egreen is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-27-2011, 12:35 AM   #131
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everko View Post
Shotmakers are the same thing as ballbashers. There are onyl a few shotmakers who are not. Like Golubev, Del Potro and Almagro.
Del Potro and Golubev a shotmaker

Fuck me.

Federer, Nalbandian, Rios, Gaudio, Santoro, Grosjean, Henman, Malisse, Arazi, El Aynaoui, Blake, Davydenko, Safin, Gonzalez, Kuerten, Wawrinka, Agassi, Haas, Kiefer..

you asked for shotmakers, there you go
Old 10-27-2011, 01:06 AM   #132
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Golubev and Del Potro are pure definition of brainless ball bashers with no tactics. They both belong on WTA tour along with clowns like Korolev, Istomin and Gabashvili.

Nadal - GOAT
Sergiy Stakhovsky - Great purger of evil and talented shotmaker
Berdych aka Twitter GOAT - Nose destroyer

2004-2007 = weakest tennis era
2011 = dark age of tennis

2008/2010/2013 = Greatest years of tennis.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-27-2011, 01:23 AM   #133
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
sublime observation
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-27-2011, 01:45 AM   #134
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Golubev and Del Potro are pure definition of brainless ball bashers with no tactics. They both belong on WTA tour along with clowns like Korolev, Istomin and Gabashvili.
Haha one of Everko's idols owns him.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:31 AM   #135
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You're right, Golubev's sublime tactics and deft touch are what win him matches

Robredo, Matosevic, Estrella, Dolgopolov, Janowicz, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez, Thiem
emotion is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread