TT Board Welcomes Marto - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-19-2011, 03:00 PM   #1
country flag Taz Warrior

Taz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond repute
Default TT Board Welcomes Marto

Jim (aka Goldenoldie) has decided to step down from the TT Board at meaning there is a vacancy for a Board Member. The application process will be the same method used previously.

There will be no Poll as this is not a popularity contest. Therefore every applicant will have an even chance to claim a position on the TT Board. All applications will be carefully considered and it doesn't matter if you are a veteran of the game or a newcomer, or whether you're high or low ranked. If you've got something to offer you will all stand a chance and will be listened to.

Applications should be sent to each board member (Labamba, Keqtqiadv, Boarder35m, Gavnich77, Goldenoldie) via pm. The application can take whatever format you like but below is a guide to what you should include:

1. Brief personal introduction
2. Reasons for wanting to join the TT Board
3. What you think you could offer to TT Board
4. Suggestions for improving and progressing TT going forwards
5. Anything else you consider relevant.

The board will then decide on the most suitable applicants.

Deadline for applications is 6PM CET Monday 31st October 2011.
Taz Warrior is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2011, 03:04 PM   #2
country flag Taz Warrior

Taz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TT Board Vacancy

I would like to take a moment here to personally thank Jim for his contribution to TT over the past 2 years, both as a player and a board member. You have been a valued member of the board and a great asset to the game, having managed a large number of tournaments in this time. You have made a valuable contribution to discussions and rules and have always been prepared to help other people within the game. I hope you will continue to do so
Old 10-20-2011, 03:26 PM   #3
country flag Direnan

Direnan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted to.

But, in this moment, I think Marto, is the name.
NALBA, Nadal, Yoshi, Farah, Elias, Sousa, Ferrer, De Bakker, Wawrinka, Gil, Alves, Mello, B. Baker, Gasquet

Bartoli, Matekkăo, Wozniack, Minella, Rezai, De Brito, Cirstea, Cornet, Bouchard, Robson
Duarte, Segnini, Hermenegildo, Nanda, Vaisemberg, Bia
Direnan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:37 PM   #4
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

I’d like to have a go as well – but my chances are an absolute zilch.

Surely though it’s a case of the more applicants the better, otherwise it’s an unelected dictatorship with just one probable winning candidate entering (not that I’m saying he/she’d be a dictator lol)
Old 10-31-2011, 01:00 PM   #5
country flag Belludal

Belludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to be a member of the Board however if Scoobs or Marto want I prefer to leave this place.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:31 PM   #6
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direnan View Post
I wanted to.

But, in this moment, I think Marto, is the name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belludal View Post
I'd like to be a member of the Board however if Scoobs or Marto want I prefer to leave this place.

I find it absolutely incredulous that that’s now two people who are just laying down dead and not applying themselves – it gives the impression of a shoe-horn in of favoured names. Wheres the ones for the passion for the vacancy?
Old 10-31-2011, 05:04 PM   #7
country flag Direnan

Direnan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
I find it absolutely incredulous that that’s now two people who are just laying down dead and not applying themselves – it gives the impression of a shoe-horn in of favoured names. Wheres the ones for the passion for the vacancy?
What?
Marto, in the moment, can more time and has more participation than me.

For me, is much just that he assume the vacancy.
NALBA, Nadal, Yoshi, Farah, Elias, Sousa, Ferrer, De Bakker, Wawrinka, Gil, Alves, Mello, B. Baker, Gasquet

Bartoli, Matekkăo, Wozniack, Minella, Rezai, De Brito, Cirstea, Cornet, Bouchard, Robson
Duarte, Segnini, Hermenegildo, Nanda, Vaisemberg, Bia
Direnan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:06 PM   #8
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

I need to take my name out of consideration for this as I'm unlikely to have the time in 2012, I need to reduce my commitments to TT management, not add to them. Thanks for the vote of confidence though.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:12 PM   #9
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direnan View Post
What?
Marto, in the moment, can more time and has more participation than me.

For me, is much just that he assume the vacancy.
As the first post says, its not supposed to be a popularity contest - so I don't see why anyone is mentioning about anyone else that is thought to be better than themselves.

If everyones supposedly got an equal chance, it doesn't seem right to me that the 'well known' names are being touted in here - granted not by themselves.

Theres others who arent so well known who would still like an equal chance of consideration - and I'd like to think that lots of them would apply.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:54 PM   #10
country flag Belludal

Belludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond repute

OMG.

I am mug.

I forgot to sent the PM.

Last edited by Belludal : 10-31-2011 at 07:12 PM. Reason: I sent the PM.
Belludal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:36 AM   #11
country flag Taz Warrior

The deadline for applications is now closed. Thanks to all who applied.

We will come back with a decision over the next few days
Old 11-05-2011, 11:33 PM   #12
country flag Taz Warrior

I am pleased to announce that the new TT Board Member is Marto. Many of you will probably know the effort that Marto has put into the TT over the past year and we are sure he can carry this on in his new role and bring some exciting new ideas and energy to the game.

Welcome Marto
Old 11-06-2011, 12:25 AM   #13
country flag erickmartins
Not exactly average.

erickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TT Board Welcomes Marto

Congrats Marto! I'm sure you'll be a worthy member of the Board

Titles: Astana 2 CH '11, Challenger Tour Finals '11, Kuala Lumpur '12 (w/Dudisela75), Bressuire Futures '13 (w/Marita)

Finals: Fürth CH '11, Orleans CH '11, Petange CH '12, TT Euro '12 (w/Vilnietč)

SF: Australian Open '12, Memphis '12
erickmartins is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:51 AM   #14
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Marto. I wish you every success.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:34 AM   #15
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Marto! Best of luck to you

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote