When was the last time a M1000 was this bad?? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-13-2011, 05:03 PM   #46
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When was the last time a M1000 was this bad??

This turned out to be one interesting tournament...refreshing to see this many upsets and new names.

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2011, 05:31 PM   #47
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
This is not that bad. Check out Shanghai 09 for a real joke of a tourney.
Nikolay's superb tennis in the SF and F saved that one.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:58 PM   #48
country flag v-money

v-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond repute

I think this tournament is great. Three of my favorites in Dolgopolov, Ferrer and Flo are still in it. I also don't mind Lopez and Nishikori even though I may not be a huge fan. Ebden making a run here is a great underdog story and a testament to some hard work.

The tournament will even improve if Pics takes out Roddick. Although I doubt anyone will stop Murray now, so the last few rounds may be a bit dull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
Just keep [t]rolling Bernard, just keep [t]rolling my man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchFederer View Post
Keep [t]rolling Bernard, keep [t]rolling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
tomic just keep on [t]rolling
v-money is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:10 PM   #49
country flag mooncreek

mooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond repute

Ferrer/Roddick is the only one of the Quarterfinals that make any sense... and Roddick is a faded case with a really kind draw. But if Roddick beats Ferrer, you have to think he's the favorite against two players who've never made a Masters final. People will actually think Roddick's got a chance in 2012.

Murray had better make the final because this is the softest draw he'll ever see in the Quarters and Semis of a Masters event. I'd like Kei to beat Dolgopolov because a Kei/Andy semi would be the craziest crowd we've seen for an male Asian player since the Paradorn days (yes, I know this is China, not Japan but point still stands). When Andy was playing in Bangkok two weeks ago, he specifically mentioned the crowd playing against Paradorn as the most lasting part of his 2005 run to the final.
mooncreek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:28 PM   #50
country flag romismak

romismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond repute

Overall terrible- no crowd, many top guys including Nole and Roger skipped this event, than all top guys besides Murray lost, actually if Murray didn´t win this event it will be disaster with nobody left in the draw. Ferrer is maybe 3rd highest seeded here, but besides Rafa, Berdych, Tsonga, Fish i think were most likely expected to win here- were bigger favorites than Ferrer so, 4 biggest competitors here for Murray are already out of the tournament, really Andy must win this. Only positive thing is that from those guys who take advantage of top guys being out are interresting players like Dolgo, Nishikori, Mayer.
romismak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:37 PM   #51
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by romismak View Post
Overall terrible- no crowd, many top guys including Nole and Roger skipped this event, than all top guys besides Murray lost, actually if Murray didn´t win this event it will be disaster with nobody left in the draw. Ferrer is maybe 3rd highest seeded here, but besides Rafa, Berdych, Tsonga, Fish i think were most likely expected to win here- were bigger favorites than Ferrer so, 4 biggest competitors here for Murray are already out of the tournament, really Andy must win this. Only positive thing is that from those guys who take advantage of top guys being out are interresting players like Dolgo, Nishikori, Mayer.
I agree with the comment regarding the crowd, but is it really so 'terrible' to see some fresh faces make it far in the tournament? Rather the contrary I'd say. Rafa, Berdych, Tsonga and Fish were all here, and got beaten by the better player that day. You sound as if an upset should never happen...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:50 PM   #52
country flag romismak

romismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
I agree with the comment regarding the crowd, but is it really so 'terrible' to see some fresh faces make it far in the tournament? Rather the contrary I'd say. Rafa, Berdych, Tsonga and Fish were all here, and got beaten by the better player that day. You sound as if an upset should never happen...
No i wrote there that positive things is that interresting players take advantage of this - Dolgo and others, but overall i mean this Shanghai is like WTA event- every top guy beaten and anybody in the draw could win - i know some people say good for th egame, but i think good for the game is when somebody from top guys is out- get beaten and somebody will make it far from unexpected guys, but not this case - that almost everyone from top guys is out- how i said besides Murray 4/5 biggest favorites here are out- i think that isn´t so great- maybe if 2/5 ok but not like this.
romismak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:37 AM   #53
country flag asmazif

asmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond repute

yeh this is now definitely an awesome tourny.
Henman / Edberg / Stich / Safin / Gambill / Grosjean / Malisse / Gonzo / Llodra / Santoro / Rafter / Agassi / Schalken / Nováček / Rosewall / Ashe / H-T Lee / Kuerten / Boetsch / Pavel / Sundström / Björkman / Scud / El Aynaoui / Arazi / Calleri / Sampras / Nalbandian / Mosquito / Srichaphan / Pioline
asmazif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:14 PM   #54
country flag henke007

henke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 10-15-2011, 04:17 AM   #55
country flag MIMIC

MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking at this year's Masters and this is the only one that only had 2 seeds in the semis.

The others had at least 3 (although del Potro had a protected ranking at Indian Wells).
MIMIC is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:18 AM   #56
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
This is nonsense. Here is the real fact: Masters are never very good.
Since byes were brought in and 5 set finals went they have not been good.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:21 AM   #57
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Shanghai was always a clown masters, hope the 2 bored chinese housewives watching in the stands will get their money's worth watching Pushray taking another title. Beijing WTA was better than this clownfest and that's saying a lot

Nadal - GOAT
Sergiy Stakhovsky - Great purger of evil and talented shotmaker
Berdych aka Twitter GOAT - Nose destroyer

2004-2007 = weakest tennis era
2011 = dark age of tennis

2008/2010/2013 = Greatest years of tennis.
Topspindoctor is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:23 AM   #58
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Shanghai was always a clown masters, hope the 2 bored chinese housewives watching in the stands will get their money's worth watching Pushray taking another title. Beijing WTA was better than this clownfest and that's saying a lot
tick tock....
Old 10-15-2011, 04:31 AM   #59
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Despite me not being able to see most of it (the damn Chinese keep scheduling the interesting matches and all the Murray matches at like 4 am), so far it has been an epic tourney. Nishikori's ascent, Murray's glide, Nadal's crashing and burning. Only Juanqui's injury/loss was sad for me, that and Berdych and Simon stumbling.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:47 AM   #60
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

has this been good or bad? i don't really know. in that regard i must confess that haven't watched a single match of the whole freaking tournament... still, that hasn't stopped me from trolling in the match results threads that weren't of my liking.