Psychological Help and Self Help Thread. Come on in. - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-24-2012, 05:45 AM   #1
country flag Kowchi

Kowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Psychological Help and Self Help Thread. Come on in.

If you have any problems going on in your life and feel you want a little guidance come on in! .
I'm a very reasonable person who is willing to help others. I have a background in Psychology and am good with helping others.

So please if you want to share, you may, I will listen with all ears . Keep it anonymous as possible.

Those who don't give a *#*!@ and want to say "Mug Thread", or "Man Up" there is plenty of other threads for you to do that.
Kowchi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 06:14 AM   #2
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Psychological Help and Self Help Thread. Come on in.

Are you psychologically stable?

If so, how come you are in MTF? Or is this some early campaigning for the ACC next year?
I mean you already had a notorious 'Beard-thread' going...
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:13 AM   #3
country flag Kowchi

Kowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I am, I'm being genuine . Please anything. Getting annoyed with Family, Friends are acting weird, Noticing weird emotions. Feeling a little down. Willing to talk.

Also, to be honest I don't even know what ACC is, other then that it is causing unnecessary drama :P.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:06 AM   #4
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

good thread Kowchi! I've gotten annoyed with my family for most of my life, so I sympathize.

What kind of emotions are you feeling if you don't mind me asking? Are the irritations with your family a new occurrence? or does this happen more often?
And do you think your friends acting weird might be a reaction to you feeling a little down? or do you think it's the other way around?

feel free to pm me if you want
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:15 AM   #5
country flag Kowchi

Ohh I was referring to others, if they had this issue. Right now I'm pretty stable and can't complain. Though I appreciate you wanting to help.

Shows good character
Old 11-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #6
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

i hate my job, i rarely use the word hate but i really hate my job, im searching for a new one but It requires patience.
then i will have a new job i will be much more happy.
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #7
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Nice idea for a thread. Thank you.

I am more-or-less okay when it comes to temper, but I do 'lose it' occasionally and that is part of growing up.

My biggest problem is poor self-confidence, though.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #8
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

oh fair enough

Bulldog, that is my biggest problem as well.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #9
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post

My biggest problem is poor self-confidence, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jverweij View Post
oh fair enough

i think everyone deal with this problem, if someone say no i tend to believe he is lying..

The difference is the intensity and how we let it affect us

brave to say it
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

Old 11-24-2012, 01:21 PM   #10
country flag Jverweij

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
i think everyone deal with this problem, if someone say no i tend to believe he is lying..

brave to say it
Thank you, nice thing to say

I mostly agree with you. There's always things that you know you are good at, but when it comes to your personality, I think noone is 100% confident of him/herself. There's also a big difference in how people express low self-esteem.

For instance I will never say that I am really good at something, whereas my brother says he is good at everything he's ever done, while we are both equally insecure.

Last edited by Jverweij : 11-24-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #11
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Top notch thread. There's no shame in opening up.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #12
country flag Punky

Quote:
Thank you, nice thing to say
anytime

Old 11-24-2012, 01:26 PM   #13
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'm starting to develop OCD or show some of it's symptoms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
As a knowledgable tennis fan (unlike some people here), I can tell you exactly that. There are tennis players who have problems with playing indoor tennis because of the different lights, different sounds etc. compared to outdoors and Nadal is obvioulsy one of those players.
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #14
country flag Jverweij

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATsol View Post
I think I'm starting to develop OCD or show some of it's symptoms.
could you elaborate abit? what kind of OCD-related behaviour are you talking about? Do you think the OCD is related to certain events in your life?
Old 11-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #15
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
oh fair enough

If you don't mind me asking, what sort of problems do you yourself encounter with poor self-confidence? With me, it kind of leads to isolation from others, especially when things aren't going my way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post

brave to say it
Cheers Amber! I agree, but I think some people are more affected by poor self-esteem than others.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote