Roger Federer: the Ego has Landed - Page 57 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-17-2008, 04:05 PM   #841
country flag sawan66278

sawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger Federer: the Ego has Landed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFedex View Post
recovering completely from mono takes a lot of time, ask Ancic and see
Roger is playing very solid, but one of the reasons why he skipped Stockholm (because I think he would have liked to get as many points as possible) is because he knew his body wouldn't take an additional strain well, he's not in a foot-on-grave stage, but he isn't 100% better either, besides this is a time when most players are feeling the strain, that's why Rafa also withdraw from the doubles at Madrid AMS

it's a combo of factors: Roger's age + mono recovery + end of year strain
Give me a break. Fine, we know he suffered from this...but AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN...he brings it up. How this man won the sportsmanship award is beyond me.

But perhaps the mono has affected his ability to think as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forehander View Post
MONONUCLEOSIS

Definition

Infectious mononucleosis, also called the "Roger-Nucleosis", is a contagious illness caused by the Epstein-Barr virus, which can affect the liver, lymph nodes, and oral cavity. While mononucleosis is not usually a serious disease, its primary symptoms of fatigue and lack of energy can linger for several months.

Description

Infectious mononucleosis, frequently called "mono"(particularly when used as an excuse for a loss of a tennis match) or the "kissing disease," is caused by the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) found in saliva and mucus. The virus affects a type of white blood cell called the B lymphocyte, producing characteristic atypical lymphocytes that may be useful in the diagnosis of the disease.

While anyone, such as Roger Federer, or even young children, can develop mononucleosis, it occurs most often in young adults between the ages of 15 and 35, and is especially common in teenagers. The mononucleosis infection rate among college students who have not previously been exposed to EBV has been estimated to be about 15%. In younger children, the illness may not be recognized.

The disease typically runs its course in four to six weeks in people with normally functioning immune systems. People with weakened or suppressed immune systems, such as AIDS patients and Roger Federer or those who have had organ transplants, are particularly vulnerable to the potentially serious complications of infectious mononucleosis.

Roland Garros 2010: THE RETURN OF THE KING

Quote:
"If going to the ledge so often, both mentally and physically, shaves a couple years off of Rafael Nadal's career, so be it. Because of him, and because of his performances in matches like this, we've gotten to see just how far the sport can push a man"

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/4...f95a57d421.gif
sawan66278 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2008, 04:06 PM   #842
country flag Bascule

Bascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond repute

That's not the point if he is or not feeling bad, but what is irritating? His repeating again and again as he wants to diminish the results of other players, what is not so honorable. If he chose to play, better not to be so pathetic repeating this all the time. Does Ancic complains all the time? And he was badly injured, not having only mono last year.
Bascule is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:12 PM   #843
country flag sawan66278

sawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bascule View Post
That's not the point if he is or not feeling bad, but what is irritating? His repeating again and again as he wants to diminish the results of other players, what is not so honorable. If he chose to play, better not to be so pathetic repeating this all the time. Does Ancic complains all the time? And he was badly injured, not having only mono last year.
If it were Novak, the media would be tearing him to pieces. The media must giving him a pass because the understand the serious effects to the body and mind that "Roger-nucleosis" poses.

Quote:
"If going to the ledge so often, both mentally and physically, shaves a couple years off of Rafael Nadal's career, so be it. Because of him, and because of his performances in matches like this, we've gotten to see just how far the sport can push a man"

Old 10-17-2008, 04:16 PM   #844
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The disease typically runs its course in four to six weeks in people with normally functioning immune systems. People with weakened or suppressed immune systems, such as AIDS patients and Roger Federer or those who have had organ transplants, are particularly vulnerable to the potentially serious complications of infectious mononucleosis.
Snoo Foo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:18 PM   #845
country flag Bascule

Bascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoo Foo View Post
Old 10-17-2008, 04:21 PM   #846
country flag Zolka

Zolka has a reputation beyond reputeZolka has a reputation beyond reputeZolka has a reputation beyond reputeZolka has a reputation beyond reputeZolka has a reputation beyond reputeZolka has a reputation beyond reputeZolka has a reputation beyond reputeZolka has a reputation beyond reputeZolka has a reputation beyond reputeZolka has a reputation beyond reputeZolka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawan66278 View Post
If it were Novak, the media would be tearing him to pieces. The media must giving him a pass because the understand the serious effects to the body and mind that "Roger-nucleosis" poses.
No they would not. What are you talking about? The media always loved Nole, and i don't think the U.S Open incident will change that in the long term. About the other thing. You didn't even believe he had mono in the first place, right?
Zolka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:22 PM   #847
country flag Bascule

Quote:
It's because Novak has a specific character: he has no cream over his head, right? Or we would say: "no hair on his tongue". It's easy to attack such type of guy who doesn't choose what he would say but talks only with his heart. It's not so clever all the time.

Last edited by Bascule : 10-17-2008 at 04:29 PM.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:26 PM   #848
country flag Bascule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolka View Post
No they would not. What are you talking about? The media always loved Nole, and i don't think the U.S Open incident will change that in the long term. About the other thing. You didn't even believe he had mono in the first place, right?
I think the same. While Sawan sees Novak lost all his fans and media positive reaction, I doubt it's the same anywhere else. I doubt it's even SO in USA.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:31 PM   #849
country flag sawan66278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolka View Post
Did he have mono? Not clear...even some of the physicians said that it may have been mono...or something that resembled it. He was sick, yes...HOWEVER...time and time again, whenever he loses, its the MONO...

Bascule is SO right...the man has NO real respect...because if you are being asked to contribute to a piece on Rafa's rise to #1...you don't bring up the mono...you just don't...this is Rafa's time to shine...and you cheapen (or at least try to minimize it) by bringing up your illness that REALLY had no role in your losing the top spot.

Pathetic.

Quote:

Old 10-17-2008, 04:35 PM   #850
country flag sawan66278

Quote:
It's because Novak has a specific character: he has no cream over his head, right? Or we would say: "no hair on his tongue". It's easy to attack such type of guy who doesn't choose what he would say but talks only with his heart. It's not so clever all the time.
Didn't you get the memo, Bascule? Roger, when he makes these cutting remarks, is being "clever"...Novak is simply a jerk

Quote:

Old 10-17-2008, 04:40 PM   #851
country flag Bascule

Quote:
Didn't you get the memo, Bascule? Roger, when he makes these cutting remarks, is being "clever"...Novak is simply a jerk
As I said already, for you I am Commander Bascule, understand?

I don't know if he is a "jerk" then...here not as much.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:40 PM   #852
country flag Rommella

Rommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond repute

You just know when people are scared about a Federer getting ready to be in full flight. Lots of worms coming out of the woodwork.
Rommella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:49 PM   #853
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Sawan
Old 10-17-2008, 04:51 PM   #854
country flag Bascule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommella View Post
You just know when people are scared about a Federer getting ready to be in full flight. Lots of worms coming out of the woodwork.
I'm not personally scared about Fed. I would probably never meet him in my life. Let other players to be "scared" for themselves.
I don't mind his being in "full flight". I wish him the best. What I mind is this pathetic repeating, so, please, don't push me to repeat this again and again...as Fed does.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:53 PM   #855
country flag sawan66278

Quote:
As I said already, for you I am Commander Bascule, understand?

I don't know if he is a "jerk" then...here not as much.
I'm not saying he's a jerk, I'm just "paraphrasing" what the media here has stated. And, of course, you ARE the Commander.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Antonius View Post
Sawan
This laughter coming from someone who has Palin as his avatar.

Quote: