Roger Federer: the Ego has Landed - Page 56 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-17-2008, 03:20 PM   #826
country flag sawan66278

sawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger Federer: the Ego has Landed Again

Check out the video about Rafa's ascension to the top spot at www.tennis.com.

Again, Federer mentions his "mono" when "giving credit" to Rafa on his becoming #1.

I've heard they're submitting a new word into Webster's: "Roger-nucleosis" - the method of excusing one's failings and defeats by continually reminding listener's of illnesses which have no bearing on the issues at hand".

Roland Garros 2010: THE RETURN OF THE KING

Quote:
"If going to the ledge so often, both mentally and physically, shaves a couple years off of Rafael Nadal's career, so be it. Because of him, and because of his performances in matches like this, we've gotten to see just how far the sport can push a man"

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/4...f95a57d421.gif
sawan66278 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2008, 03:33 PM   #827
country flag Bascule

Bascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond repute

And Ego Sawan opened his own thread again.

I've heard he said before Madrid that he still feels the fatigue because of mono.
Bascule is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:42 PM   #828
country flag sawan66278

sawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bascule View Post
And Ego Sawan opened his own thread again.

I've heard he said before Madrid that he still feels the fatigue because of mono.
"Roger-nucleosis" at its best.

Quote:
"If going to the ledge so often, both mentally and physically, shaves a couple years off of Rafael Nadal's career, so be it. Because of him, and because of his performances in matches like this, we've gotten to see just how far the sport can push a man"

Old 10-17-2008, 03:44 PM   #829
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As would be the case with about 99,9999999999% of all human beings.

- at Sawan. It hurts so much to see him play well again, doesn't it?

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:48 PM   #830
country flag Bascule

Bascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post

But, Karen, 9 months have passed since then, if it was as he said. And he felt very well at NY. Maybe he just asked for excuses in the case he doesn't win Madrid (after NY).
Old 10-17-2008, 03:50 PM   #831
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawan66278 View Post
Check out the video about Rafa's ascension to the top spot at www.tennis.com.

Again, Federer mentions his "mono" when "giving credit" to Rafa on his becoming #1.

I've heard they're submitting a new word into Webster's: "Roger-nucleosis" - the method of excusing one's failings and defeats by continually reminding listener's of illnesses which have no bearing on the issues at hand".

i wonder when he'll stop mentioning it
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:54 PM   #832
country flag sawan66278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post

Quote:
But, Karen, 9 months passed from then, if it was as he said. And he felt very well at NY. Maybe he just asked for excuses in the case he doesn't win Madrid (after NY).
Exactly, Bascule. Roger would be defeating everyone 6-0 if not for the mono

Quote:

Old 10-17-2008, 03:55 PM   #833
country flag sawan66278

As a matter of fact, if he can't perform sexually at age 70, he'll say that he's still feeling the effects of the mono.

Quote:

Old 10-17-2008, 03:55 PM   #834
country flag Bascule

Quote:
You've forgot who am I for you: Commander Bascule!

Quote:
As a matter of fact, if he can't perform sexually at age 70, he'll say that he's still feeling the effects of the mono.
Sawan!

Yes, doctor told me to stay away from sexual activities only for few weeks after mono.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:56 PM   #835
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

recovering completely from mono takes a lot of time, ask Ancic and see
Roger is playing very solid, but one of the reasons why he skipped Stockholm (because I think he would have liked to get as many points as possible) is because he knew his body wouldn't take an additional strain well, he's not in a foot-on-grave stage, but he isn't 100% better either, besides this is a time when most players are feeling the strain, that's why Rafa also withdraw from the doubles at Madrid AMS

it's a combo of factors: Roger's age + mono recovery + end of year strain

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:56 PM   #836
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But, Karen, 9 months have passed since then, if it was as he said. And he felt very well at NY. Maybe he just asked for excuses in the case he doesn't win Madrid (after NY).
Come on, there. I know you're just trolling, Sawan, but might I remember you that sudden bolts of fatigue are indeed the #1 aftereffects (note: AFTEReffects) of this infection?

As for asking for excuses in case he doesn't win - Rafa went to see the physio already, claiming some muscle trouble. Is that an 'excuse' as well, or might you be able to understand that players indeed can feel tired, injured, or whatever?

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:56 PM   #837
country flag Forehander

Forehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond repute

MONONUCLEOSIS

Definition

Infectious mononucleosis, also called the "Roger-Nucleosis", is a contagious illness caused by the Epstein-Barr virus, which can affect the liver, lymph nodes, and oral cavity. While mononucleosis is not usually a serious disease, its primary symptoms of fatigue and lack of energy can linger for several months.

Description

Infectious mononucleosis, frequently called "mono"(a term most used as an excuse for fatigue or loss of a tennis match by the greatest tennis player of all time) or the "kissing disease," is caused by the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) found in saliva and mucus. The virus affects a type of white blood cell called the B lymphocyte, producing characteristic atypical lymphocytes that may be useful in the diagnosis of the disease.

While anyone, or even young children, can develop mononucleosis, it occurs most often in young adults between the ages of 15 and 35, and is especially common in teenagers. The mononucleosis infection rate among college students who have not previously been exposed to EBV has been estimated to be about 15%. In younger children, the illness may not be recognized.

The disease typically runs its course in four to six weeks in people with normally functioning immune systems. People with weakened or suppressed immune systems, such as AIDS patients and Roger Federer or those who have had organ transplants, are particularly vulnerable to the potentially serious complications of infectious mononucleosis.

Last edited by Forehander : 10-17-2008 at 04:02 PM.
Forehander is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:59 PM   #838
country flag Zolka

Zolka has a reputation beyond reputeZolka has a reputation beyond reputeZolka has a reputation beyond reputeZolka has a reputation beyond reputeZolka has a reputation beyond reputeZolka has a reputation beyond reputeZolka has a reputation beyond reputeZolka has a reputation beyond reputeZolka has a reputation beyond reputeZolka has a reputation beyond reputeZolka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Of course not. There would be some 6-3, 6-4, even a couple of 7-5 and 7-6 scores. We're realistic, after all.
Zolka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:00 PM   #839
country flag Zolka

Zolka has a reputation beyond reputeZolka has a reputation beyond reputeZolka has a reputation beyond reputeZolka has a reputation beyond reputeZolka has a reputation beyond reputeZolka has a reputation beyond reputeZolka has a reputation beyond reputeZolka has a reputation beyond reputeZolka has a reputation beyond reputeZolka has a reputation beyond reputeZolka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sorry, double post.
Zolka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:03 PM   #840
country flag Byrd

Byrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond repute

I can picture Sawan phoning up Webster's trying to get them to include that word:

Webster's:Hello
Sawan:Hi, I think I might have a popular new word to add to your prestigious book...
Webster's: We are well aware of all the so called 'Fads' and don't require any outside input, but we appreciate...
Sawan: Do you know who I am?I'm the big shot round here, and know what I'm talking about, and when I say Roger Federer is a cheating scumbag, then he's a cheating... (Denzel impression)
*Phone cut*
Sawan:Call me....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arhaych View Post
Nadal is more conservative than Margaret Thatcher.
^^QFT

"I asked a bloke in the front row if he liked the serve-and-volley stuff," said Rafter. "He said he did but asked if he was going to get to see any rallies. 'Not today, mate,' I told him."-Pat Rafter silencing the Nadull fanboys
Byrd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote