Roger Federer: the Ego has Landed - Page 53 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-23-2008, 12:51 PM   #781
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger Federer: the Ego has Landed Again

All these top players have different characters. You can't compare them. Threads like these are nonsense anyway since most of us are only judging them from a distance and mostly through the media that's often manipulative.

Being in a similar position doesn't make them react in the same way.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2008, 12:55 PM   #782
country flag FNT

FNT has a reputation beyond reputeFNT has a reputation beyond reputeFNT has a reputation beyond reputeFNT has a reputation beyond reputeFNT has a reputation beyond reputeFNT has a reputation beyond reputeFNT has a reputation beyond reputeFNT has a reputation beyond reputeFNT has a reputation beyond reputeFNT has a reputation beyond reputeFNT has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but all these people are in the same climate of extreme pressure, so it's fair to compare them if we want to scan their personalities. You can't compare them with people living a regular life. Try living out of a suitcase 11 months a year for 10+ years under media scrutiny, then you can compare them with yourself and other "normal" people and judge them on the same basis.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:01 PM   #783
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metis View Post
How much do you charge for the lessons? And what does '& more' mean?
80$ private session, 20$ for group sessions

and you get a free CD of the new P. Antonius album
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 01:01 PM   #784
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNT View Post
Yes, but all these people are in the same climate of extreme pressure
But what is it going to accomplish?

Poster A: Federer is an arrogant bastard
Poster B: Oh yeah, what about Nadal then? That moonballer's so-called humility is fake
Poster C: Federer is not arrogant, Djokovic is a faker
Poster D: As long as he's not a match fixer like Davydenko

Because that's what threads like this come down to. Defend your player by attacking another. Tard wars.

Quote:
You can't compare them with people living a regular life. Try living out of a suitcase 11 months a year for 10+ years under media scrutiny,
Agreed.
but in here, we're still sitting behind our computers, most of us with a regular life, judging these players based on what exactly?
Old 09-23-2008, 01:06 PM   #785
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
All these top players have different characters. You can't compare them. Threads like these are nonsense anyway since most of us are only judging them from a distance and mostly through the media that's often manipulative.

Being in a similar position doesn't make them react in the same way.
I think you Rafa fangirls are world masters when it comes to take quotes out of context and make a big deal of them... Not that us Fedtards are better, but at least we don't need those kind of tricks to make your fave look bad
Old 09-23-2008, 01:08 PM   #786
country flag Castafiore

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Antonius View Post
I think you Rafa fangirls are world masters when it comes to take quotes out of context and make a big deal of them...
It has happened, yes. I agree with that.

Quote:
Not that us Fedtards are better
Agreed as well.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:10 PM   #787
country flag FNT

FNT has a reputation beyond reputeFNT has a reputation beyond reputeFNT has a reputation beyond reputeFNT has a reputation beyond reputeFNT has a reputation beyond reputeFNT has a reputation beyond reputeFNT has a reputation beyond reputeFNT has a reputation beyond reputeFNT has a reputation beyond reputeFNT has a reputation beyond reputeFNT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But what is it going to accomplish?

Poster A: Federer is an arrogant bastard
Poster B: Oh yeah, well Nadal's so-called humility is fake.
Poster C: Federer is not arrogant, Djokovic is a faker
Poster D: As long as he's not a match fixer like Davydenko
Well, like I said, if we compare them all, it's pretty clear that no player has found a good balance between being modest and arrogant with the media, so they must be all having trouble keeping their head straight/saying just the right thing/being objective. Therefore bashing one and keeping shut about another is a bit hypocritical if you ask me.
Example: I like both Fed and Nadal, but I like Fed a tad more cause I find his game much more entertaining. And sometimes when talking to people or posting in here, I do want to bash Rafa for that fake modesty (I'm reeeeeally disgusted by that), but then I stop to remember that some stuff Fed said is really laughable, so I don't. It's all a part of being objective I guess.

Quote:
Agreed.
but in here, we're still sitting behind our computers, most of us with a regular life, judging these players based on what exactly?
I dunno. I think it's moronic for people to come out and judge them, I can only say I really don't like Djokovic because of faking and general on-court antics. Roger and Rafa seem fine to me, falsely modest/arrogant/whatever, they're talking to the media for Christ's sake (and they both seem to know how to manipulate media), no one knows what they are as people. And if you had a gun to my head to make a guess about their personalities, I'd say they are pretty dull. They simply have too much work to stay luminous and sparkling.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:14 PM   #788
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Over, you say?

No!

Not over!

The shroud of the dark side has fallen.

Begun, the Tard Wars have!
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 01:16 PM   #789
country flag Castafiore

^ Good points, FNT.

I don't think that a lot of the top players who are under a lot of media scrutiny project their true personality in those press conferences (where most of those "quotes out of context" come from) and most certainly, most of them don't say out loud what they're really thinking so it's natural that some of the quotes seem fake/arrogant/weird/...

I can't remember who said it exactly but I remember reading an interview with a top athlete who said that the life of most top athletes would come across as pretty dull underneath the glamour and glitter just because you need routine, discipline and a good focus on a narrow goal. It's repetitive stuff and you don't have the luxury and time to be out there doing a lot of exciting stuff if you want to stay on top of your game.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:35 PM   #790
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Go take that whining stuff in the Fed forum where it belongs, oh bitter one. You know, that place where you can't mention other players unless it's to bitch about them.
Tee hee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
:
The reactions in here and in the Fed forum are hilarious. I can't believe some of you think this picture is so bad. It's funny. Who's the bitter ones now?

I have a few more "I love me" pictures in the works, just ready to pounce as soon as Roger drops one of his famous Federpropisms, so be prepared!
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:39 PM   #791
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
The reactions in here and in the Fed forum are hilarious. I can't believe some of you think this picture is so bad. It's funny. Who's the bitter ones now?
It would be "funny" if it was actually true The Duck surely loves himself much more than Roger actually loves himself
Old 09-23-2008, 02:45 PM   #792
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by luie View Post
[/b]
So are nadull-tards judging by your long response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChopin View Post
Another thing I don't understand here is how people enjoy thinking that Roger is arrogant, that these quotes are "great stuff." How does one gain pleasure from another being a worse person? It's kind of sick when you think about it.
"You're better than us, and you know it!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Antonius View Post
The more those fangirls hate on Roger the better they feel hopefully they'll get a life someday...
Maybe soon ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedFan View Post
Ah yes, I have forgotten that Rafa is the perfect human being, so modest, always honest without the slightest touch of arrogance.
SO true
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
80$ private session, 20$ for group sessions

and you get a free CD of the new P. Antonius album
I can't afford you

Oh well.
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:05 PM   #793
FedFan

FedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post

I can't afford you

Oh well.

Maybe you should do some work, instead of wasting your time with superfluous postings?

Just an idea, because I think you are in urgent need of a session.

It is somehow weird, that Rafatards seem to care more about Roger than about their idol.

But Roger is much more interesting, no?
FedFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:07 PM   #794
country flag elessar
Fly away little pigeon

elessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond repute

So much hate in this thread, why ? why ?

Looks like the ego had landed a long time ago
http://www.24heures.ch/vaud/actu/200...se-lausannoise
Quote:
En même temps, j’étais un jeune assez buté et je pensais être le meilleur joueur du moment, parce qu’on m’avait choisi, moi. En fait, j’étais très confiant comme gamin!
Quote:
At the same time, I was a pretty stubborn young guy and I thought I was the best player because I had been chosen, they had picked me. Actually, I was very confident as a kid!
Quote:
Je me souviens particulièrement d'un jour où Roger s’amusait à faire plein de signatures sur son carnet journalier. Il m’a alors demandé: «Laquelle tu préfères?» Je lui ai répondu: «Je m’en fiche, de toute façon elle ne te servira jamais!» Mais lui a rétorqué: «Conserve cette page! Le jour où je serai célèbre, tu pourras la vendre!»
Quote:
I particularly remember a day when Roger was having fun making up all kinds of signatures on his notebook. He then asked med :"Which one do you prefer ?" I answered : "I don't care it's not like you're ever going to use it anyway!" but he answered: Keep it ! Once I become famous you'll be able to sell it
elessar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:10 PM   #795
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedFan View Post
Maybe you should do some work, instead of wasting your time with superfluous postings?
It's a plan, certainly ...

Nah.

Quote:
Just an idea, because I think you are in urgent need of a session.
No poster bashing allowed Please see the GM forum rules.

Quote:
It is somehow weird, that Rafatards seem to care more about Roger than about their idol.

But Roger is much more interesting, no?

Don't tar all Rafatards with the same brush. Most wouldn't post in a Federer thread. And, tbh, I wouldn't bother either, but it's just so easy.
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote