Roger Federer: the Ego has Landed - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-18-2007, 03:49 PM   #31
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger Federer: the Ego has Landed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyBorg View Post
I can bring up examples of his temper tantrums if you like, but it doesn't matter.

I'm not trying to stir up the emotions of Federer supporters. Federer is not a bad person because he's spoiled. And spoiled doesn't mean that he's a jerk. By spoiled I mean that he's rich, has a higher opinion of himself than normal and frankly is quite shallow, which is the result of not being particularly intelligent (as most tennis players aren't as well).
Roger's spoiled cause he's rich? Roger only been rich for a couple of years, worked his tail off for the money and fame. Spoiled is what I would call a guy who had things HANDED to him. Roger had nothing handed to him, nor did he peak early. He still remembers the painful defeats, that what makes him a champion.
Or Levy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2007, 03:56 PM   #32
country flag CyBorg

CyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Or Levy View Post
Roger's spoiled cause he's rich? Roger only been rich for a couple of years, worked his tail off for the money and fame. Spoiled is what I would call a guy who had things HANDED to him. Roger had nothing handed to him, nor did he peak early. He still remembers the painful defeats, that what makes him a champion.
Roger has always been rich. And I'm not saying that he's necessarily spoiled because of his tennis. He's just spoiled in general, pampered, consumerist. I bet he has never finished a book in his life.
CyBorg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:58 PM   #33
country flag G4.

G4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I bet he has never finished a book in his life.
what does that have to do with him being rich (or spoiled) ? i fail to understand your logic
G4. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:06 PM   #34
country flag CyBorg

CyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4. View Post
what does that have to do with him being rich (or spoiled) ? i fail to understand your logic
Everything. Roger is content on pretending to be sophisticated by wearing expensive clothes (based on an actual Roger quote). After all, no one will tell him that there's anything wrong with that. He'll be surrounded by butt-kissers for the rest of his life.

But he is still a nice guy. Don't get me wrong.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:07 PM   #35
country flag calvinhobbes

calvinhobbes has a reputation beyond reputecalvinhobbes has a reputation beyond reputecalvinhobbes has a reputation beyond reputecalvinhobbes has a reputation beyond reputecalvinhobbes has a reputation beyond reputecalvinhobbes has a reputation beyond reputecalvinhobbes has a reputation beyond reputecalvinhobbes has a reputation beyond reputecalvinhobbes has a reputation beyond reputecalvinhobbes has a reputation beyond reputecalvinhobbes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnWinner View Post
hist interview against Gonzalez was worse, this is nothing compared to that

Q. Since you became No. 1 you've never lost to so many different players. What's the meaning of that? The competition is getting harder?
ROGER FEDERER: Uhm, well, I mean, look, it's not that easy to keep up the pace I have the last few years. I mean, let's not forget how great they were. I had one season where I lost a lot to Rafa. Obviously that takes away. I didn't lose to many players, you know.
It's true maybe I went for more in a run. I won more titles than this year. But, I mean, defended my No. 1 title and won the Grand Slams. I don't need to sing a song, but it's been another fantastic season.
Some players or people might think now he's more vulnerable. I disagree obviously. I'm going to hopefully show them again this week and then obviously next year again.
It is not narcissism to recognize facts that have really happened. Roger says it is difficult to maintain the magnificent trend of 2006 in which, apart from Nadal, he lost so few matches. Nobody, not even him, can deny that 2006 was an ideal season. Compared to that this one could be dismissed by some, but hopefully he will show that 2007 was also a very good year. The bolded word separates facts from legitimate aspirations.
Where is the narcissism?
calvinhobbes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:11 PM   #36
country flag R.Federer

R.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
Federer, well humility is not his strong showing.

However, I can imagine it to be much more cringeworthy if there was false modesty.

Q. Watching last night's match against Andy, one was tempted to conclude he really lacks the tools and variety to challenge you, at least at the moment. If you compare tonight's match with yesterday's match, it's a similar pattern. When you're playing like this, are there any answers to your game you see on the horizon in the men's game? Is there any difference between the challenge you felt in the course of the match between tonight and last night?

ROGER FEDERER: I don't know what to say, I am shocked I won. I don't really have the tools to win against Andy, he is a vastly better players as everyone knows, but I just got so lucky this and the other 14 times. Of course I am always nervous because when I am about to get on a roll I am always worried that I won't be able to keep it up and choke in the end. I don't really think I have much talent, although people say that, they are mistaken you know, it just sometimes looks like that I am not sure why.
Today I was so lucky to beat Andy but most other players would have beaten me.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:12 PM   #37
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely dreadful, to say things that are true......... shoot the bastard.

i prefer those comments to false modesty comments from Nadiva.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yana
L_mac, why don't you like Djoko, BTW? He's just an irritating kid, that's all
irritating kid yeah.. just like you

moaning about Fed's comments even though we all know if Djokovic was a bar of chocolate he would have eaten himself by now.

if ppl dont like players you like, T.S.
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:12 PM   #38
country flag G4.

G4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Everything. Roger is content on pretending to be sophisticated by wearing expensive clothes (based on an actual Roger quote). After all, no one will tell him that there's anything wrong with that. He'll be surrounded by butt-kissers for the rest of his life.

But he is still a nice guy. Don't get me wrong.
Rappers or footballers who come from poor backgrounds do the same. And i think i would probably do the same if i were rich
G4. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:16 PM   #39
country flag ReturnWinner

ReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinhobbes View Post
It is not narcissism to recognize facts that have really happened. Roger says it is difficult to maintain the magnificent trend of 2006 in which, apart from Nadal, he lost so few matches. Nobody, not even him, can deny that 2006 was an ideal season. Compared to that this one could be dismissed by some, but hopefully he will show that 2007 was also a very good year. The bolded word separates facts from legitimate aspirations.
Where is the narcissism?
where did I say he is narcissus?
ReturnWinner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:17 PM   #40
country flag CyBorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4. View Post
Rappers or footballers who come from poor backgrounds do the same. And i think i would probably do the same if i were rich
Yes, Roger is no different from most people. He was born into a rich family and has always been exposed to certain pleasures in life.

Credit must be given where it's due: he moved out of the house early, travelled like crazy as a teen (probably was homesick a lot), and in general earned his way to where he is right now. This is for sure.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:19 PM   #41
country flag rwn

rwn has a reputation beyond reputerwn has a reputation beyond reputerwn has a reputation beyond reputerwn has a reputation beyond reputerwn has a reputation beyond reputerwn has a reputation beyond reputerwn has a reputation beyond reputerwn has a reputation beyond reputerwn has a reputation beyond reputerwn has a reputation beyond reputerwn has a reputation beyond repute

Federer is just honest. You won't see the false humility Sampras had.
rwn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:20 PM   #42
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Federer View Post
Federer, well humility is not his strong showing.

However, I can imagine it to be much more cringeworthy if there was false modesty.

Q. Watching last night's match against Andy, one was tempted to conclude he really lacks the tools and variety to challenge you, at least at the moment. If you compare tonight's match with yesterday's match, it's a similar pattern. When you're playing like this, are there any answers to your game you see on the horizon in the men's game? Is there any difference between the challenge you felt in the course of the match between tonight and last night?

ROGER FEDERER: I don't know what to say, I am shocked I won. I don't really have the tools to win against Andy, he is a vastly better players as everyone knows, but I just got so lucky this and the other 14 times. Of course I am always nervous because when I am about to get on a roll I am always worried that I won't be able to keep it up and choke in the end. I don't really think I have much talent, although people say that, they are mistaken you know, it just sometimes looks like that I am not sure why.
Today I was so lucky to beat Andy but most other players would have beaten me.
Good attempt at showing the other side. But I suppose there is a middle ground too(I personally don't mind his self praise. He could say " Well I am glad I have beaten him most times we have met. I suppose its hard for Roddick because its a bad matchup"

It is perfectly understandable if Nadal says in his presser that when Fed's playing like that, he's hard to beat. but it is definitely funny( only in a positive sense) if he says the same thing about himself
“But even so, amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still for ever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.” - Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:22 PM   #43
country flag radics

radics has a reputation beyond reputeradics has a reputation beyond reputeradics has a reputation beyond reputeradics has a reputation beyond reputeradics has a reputation beyond reputeradics has a reputation beyond reputeradics has a reputation beyond reputeradics has a reputation beyond reputeradics has a reputation beyond reputeradics has a reputation beyond reputeradics has a reputation beyond repute

Awwww.. you got to love this (kind of) thread(s). Keep it up, it's very amusing!
radics is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:23 PM   #44
country flag Rafa = Fed Killa
POWER...UNLIMITED...POWER

Rafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by radics View Post
Awwww.. you got to love this (kind of) thread(s). Keep it up, it's very amusing!
Another arrogant swiss who loves his god

RIP TENNIS JUNE 7, 2009

Do what must be done.
Do not hesitate.
Show no mercy.
Rafa = Fed Killa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:24 PM   #45
country flag yana

yana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escude View Post
Absolutely dreadful, to say things that are true......... shoot the bastard.

i prefer those comments to false modesty comments from Nadiva.

irritating kid yeah.. just like you

moaning about Fed's comments even though we all know if Djokovic was a bar of chocolate he would have eaten himself by now.

if ppl dont like players you like, T.S.

Thanks for reading me and thanks for all that goodrep aswell (even though the comments are kinda nasty)

But I still like you though...

BTW, I'm not moaning about Fed's comments, I about them

Rafael Feli Bandy
yana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote