Roger Federer: the Ego has Landed - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-18-2007, 10:05 PM   #151
country flag Allure
Fan of Mugs

Allure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger Federer: the Ego has Landed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmolinari2005 View Post
When did Ferrer look capable of beating Federer?! He looked capable of beating some players like Nadal and Roddick- but he couldnt do it to a in form Djoko or Nalbandian (even if he lost in three sets).
Exactly. Ferrer never looked like he was going to be Fed or that he can beat Fed. Beating Gasquet and Nadal are one thing, beating Roger is another.
Kudryavtseva def. Sharapova 6-2, 6-4
Tipsarevic def. Roddick 6-7, 7-5, 6-4, 7-6
Dancevic def. Nalbandian 6-4, 6-2, 6-4
Zheng def. Ivanovic 6-1, 6-4
Tanasugarn def. Jankovic 6-3, 6-2
Radwanska def. Kuznetsova 6-4, 1-6, 7-5
Allure is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2007, 10:07 PM   #152
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedFan_2007 View Post
So it's clown era because nobody beats Federer(exp Nadal on clay)? If it were truly clown era by this "logic", shouldn't Federer be undefeated?
Thats a great piece of logic.
I never said that this is a clown or mug era or anything similar. On contrary I think there are lots of good players out here.
HeretiC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:07 PM   #153
country flag NYCtennisfan
Fed Fo Mod

NYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeretiC View Post
In a Ferrer case: He was well capable for 3 months and suddenly one Sunday he is totally incapable? Don't think so.
Federer also looks unbeatable on clay until he plays Nadal. Nadal's strength on clay play against Federer's weaknesses.

In the case of Ferrer vs. Federer, Federer swings freely because he does not feel threatened by Ferrer, just as he doesn't feel threatened by Roddick off of the ground. Look at how he hit his BH today compared with against Davy or Nalbandian. He's not worried about the baseline exchanges against Ferrer or Roddick so he hits almost like it's practice. There's nothing much Ferrer can do especially since he can't serve well enough to generate a lot of free points.

Ferrer is a warrior and he fought all the way to the end of this match. There's not much you can do when you lose almost all of the rallies and can hardly hit a winner against a guy.
NYCtennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:13 PM   #154
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
The fact that his opponents are generally unable (or even unwilling) to step up and really take Federer on is hardly his fault. Surely your beef lies with them?
Who said that I have a beef with Fed??? I am pretty sure then when he stops being No.1 and stop dominating the tour, most of the Fedtards in here will became XXXtards, and I will be the one rooting for Federer then.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:13 PM   #155
country flag FedFan_2007

FedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeretiC View Post
Thats a great piece of logic.
I never said that this is a clown or mug era or anything similar. On contrary I think there are lots of good players out here.
Not according to RFK...
FedFan_2007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:17 PM   #156
country flag HeretiC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedFan_2007 View Post
Not according to RFK...

R=FK is in a league of his own. He just expresses some right thoughts in a wrong way. However he is fun to read
Old 11-18-2007, 10:35 PM   #157
country flag HeretiC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCtennisfan View Post
Federer also looks unbeatable on clay until he plays Nadal. Nadal's strength on clay play against Federer's weaknesses.

In the case of Ferrer vs. Federer, Federer swings freely because he does not feel threatened by Ferrer, just as he doesn't feel threatened by Roddick off of the ground. Look at how he hit his BH today compared with against Davy or Nalbandian. He's not worried about the baseline exchanges against Ferrer or Roddick so he hits almost like it's practice. There's nothing much Ferrer can do especially since he can't serve well enough to generate a lot of free points.

Ferrer is a warrior and he fought all the way to the end of this match. There's not much you can do when you lose almost all of the rallies and can hardly hit a winner against a guy.
All of you who played tennis competitively knows that tennis is mostly a mental thing. Thats getting inside others player head. if you don't think that you can beat your opponent you will surely lose even if you are better player then he is.All of the top 100 players have enough technical skills to beat each others on any given day. It is a mental part who make a distinction among them. Fed is the one who found a way to exploit that most. Ferrer today gave up on the match after 2:1 in first set. Fed won some rallies that usually Ferrer wins when playing with others. That was the moment he said to him self that he can't beat Fed. From that moment till end he was just returning the balls if he could have, without any game plan, without any strategy, without any change of tactics. He is usually a great fighter, but I totally disagree that Pics was fighting today.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:35 PM   #158
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcRD View Post
Okay, I admit Federer has a huge ego, specialy compared to humble great athletes like Muhammed Ali
A quote i remember
Quote:
I am the best! I am damn good! I am the fastest puncher around. I am so fast that i can switch off the light, go down stairs and get into my car before darkness reaches this room
Nuff said. Poor example.
Quote:
Pele was the black Rooney
Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
"We must always remember that all human beings begin life as a feces. A Feces is a living being in the eyes of God, who has endowed that feces with all of the rights and God-given blessings of any other human being."
Black Adam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:10 PM   #159
country flag marcRD
Banned!

marcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adam View Post
A quote i remember
Quote:
I am the best! I am damn good! I am the fastest puncher around. I am so fast that i can switch off the light, go down stairs and get into my car before darkness reaches this room
Quote:

Nuff said. Poor example.
I am shocked a humble soul like Ali ever said anything like that, thank you for enlightening me.
marcRD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:16 PM   #160
country flag RagingLamb
Motherhater

RagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think you can really compare tennis to boxing.

the differing dynamics require different approaches.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:30 AM   #161
country flag sawan66278

sawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hra87 View Post
How about this:

ROGER FEDERER: Well, you know, Andy is a great player, you have to play really great to beat him, and I managed to do that today. I wouldn't say he doesn't have the tools to beat me, or to beat anyone else for that matter, that's doing him a great disservice, he's won a slam, he's been #1 in the world, even last year at this tournament he had match point against me. And I think a big reason why I have been able to have such great results is that I am so consistent, but I am hardly invincible, and that's been shown several times throughout the year. Those weren't just off days for me, I was simply outplayed. So yeah, there are answers to my game, the question is simply whether players will be able to play well against me consistently. And I certainly think they can, I've lost matches to most of the young up-and-comers, they all have a lot of talent, a lot like me at their age. I had trouble with consistency early on in my career as well, so yeah, I always have to train hard, worry about each match, never take anything for granted. There isn't a single match I can win by just showing up. And of course with Rafa, there isn't much to say, he's certainly shown that he has the talent to beat me consistently, every match against him is so tough, I just managed to find my rhythm today and everything worked the way I wanted in the second set. So yes, I'm very happy with my results the past two days, hopefully I can keep it up tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hra87 View Post
Driving Around The Streets Of Calcutta In A Mercedes Screaming Out The Window "i Have More Money Than You" Is Not Just, "telling The Truth!"
Ah...common sense...: a rare commodity valued by those who idolize the Sultan of Smugness, the High Priest of Hubris...Mr. Federer. Don't call him Roger; only those individuals like El Tigre who travel in his rarefied airspace can call him by his first name . I get the impression that Mr. Vain (see this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX-de...eature=related spends many an evening watching and re-watching his top shots on youtube. Believe you me: if Mr. Federer is ever asked what a perfect evening for him would be for him, he would be "being home, watching my wonderful, amazing play at last year's [insert tourney except RG here], which I might add is a result of my hours of long work...long work that no one else in the history of tennis, or anything for that matter, has ever put in for the love of themselves...um...I mean their craft"
Quote:
sawan is going to be very impressed with this thread when he returns.

I have returned to find that, as Martin Luther King said, "Keep hope alive!" After I read the comments by you, RFK and others, I am pleased to find that when the "great and powerful Rog" speaks and acts like Mr. Nice Guy, there are proverbial Totos ready to reveal the fraud behind the curtain...a la the Wizard of Oz.

Quote:
I found this at vamosbrigade. A fine piece of photoshopping by MadAliceCudlip

Actually, that is not photoshop...but an artist's rendition of Nostradamus' predictions about the coming of the, translated in the ancient tongue, "Ego King".

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb_123 View Post
Rafa would be a sad man today if he knew he had ignorant fans like RFK and Sawan
You're right...our exposure of the hoax that Mr. Federer is the living embodiment of class needs to go the way of the Santa Claus myth. The Children who are follow the Pied Piper of Hauteur need to grow up...and recognize the rightful heir to the throne of tennis royalty: Rafael Nadal.

Forgot to mention. Mr. Federer, like Mr. Gore before him, now claims that not only is he a genius on the court, but off...and that it was HE who created the Internet.

Last edited by sawan66278 : 11-19-2007 at 01:19 AM.
sawan66278 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:48 AM   #162
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyBorg View Post
Roger has always been rich. And I'm not saying that he's necessarily spoiled because of his tennis. He's just spoiled in general, pampered, consumerist. I bet he has never finished a book in his life.
Well he comes from a comfortable background, but he is not a total rich kind unlike say Nicolas Lapentti for example.

Tell you the truth I'd rather him say this sort of shit, then fake humbleness like Sampras.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 01:13 AM   #163
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechlan
There's the sawan we all know and love. I was beginning to get worried.
This new Sawan is good.
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 01:27 AM   #164
country flag FedFan_2007

FedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond repute

I have to admit Federer as Narcissus is compelling stuff!
FedFan_2007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 01:31 AM   #165
country flag Whistleway

Whistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond repute

Federer sometimes just need to mellow out and say as little as possible.

But, then I would hate fake modesty too.

I'm torn.
Whistleway is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote