Entry List Maker website: tennistipping.zz.mu - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-09-2012, 07:22 AM   #166
country flag sfar

sfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Entry List Maker website: Draw maker fit to Evita's spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boarder35m View Post
Hi Sergio

I used the draw maker for the 1st time today and it worked fine.

I did have some problems with the entry list maker yesterday though, so I could not use the draw maker for quallies.

1. If there is a player in singles main draw who withdraws, there seems to be something wrong with the player behind him/her. In my case the player behind him would have been the last one to enter main draw. But he didn´t, instead there are only 27 players and 4 Qualifiers, so that the draw maker gives the 1st seeed a bye. If I delete the player who is out completely it works fine.

2. In doubles I had 5 teams for qualifying and one team that withdrew and I got this "Array index out of range: 6". So I invented 2 teams (I put randomly 2 letters together) and then it worked again. With only one invented team it said "Array index out of range: 7". Of course I couldn´t use that entry list for qually draw then
Yes, Alex, there are some known issues that I must correct, but I'm really thinking of modifying the algorythm because it is not easy to get it all together.

Hopefully, from next week I hope to have some time to start developing it.

BTW, I thought you already had used it before.

Tennis Tipping
Best rankings:
Singles: 132 (18/06/2012)
Doubles: 88 (06/08/2012)
sfar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2012, 09:28 PM   #167
country flag sfar

sfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond repute

9th July Entry Lists updated.

Sorry for the delay.

Tennis Tipping
Best rankings:
Old 07-17-2012, 06:22 PM   #168
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

I'm curious - as Sergio's program has always been up and running since I started doing managing so I've always used this - how did people do entry-lists and draws beforehand?
Old 07-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #169
country flag Direnan

Direnan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
I'm curious - as Sergio's program has always been up and running since I started doing managing so I've always used this - how did people do entry-lists and draws beforehand?
manually isn't hard. =)

But, with programa, or spreadsheet, is very more easy.
NALBA, Nadal, Yoshi, Farah, Elias, Sousa, Ferrer, De Bakker, Wawrinka, Gil, Alves, Mello, B. Baker, Gasquet

Bartoli, Matekkăo, Wozniack, Minella, Rezai, De Brito, Cirstea, Cornet, Bouchard, Robson
Duarte, Segnini, Hermenegildo, Nanda, Vaisemberg, Bia
Direnan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:50 AM   #170
country flag orangehat

orangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We used ctrl-f on Gav's lists

And before that, ctrl-f couldn't be used on the rankings coz it was an image, those were the hard times

Singles: (61/10) Finals: 1-5 ATP, 3-1 Challengers
W: Rotterdam '12 F: Monte Carlo '11, Dubai '11, Nice '11, Stockholm '11, Atlanta '12
Slams:1R,3R,3R,QF

Doubles: (9/5) Finals: 3-4 ATP, 8-7 Challengers
W: US Open '12 (w/Allez-Alejo), Bercy '11 (w/ZackBusner), Winston-Salem '12 (w/Betty) F: Atlanta '12 (w/Betty), Eastbourne '11 (w/*Jean*), Stockholm '11 (w/njnetswill), Casablanca '10 (w/Gavnich77)
Slams:2R,3R,QF,W
orangehat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:11 AM   #171
country flag sfar

Quote:
You know, this idea came because I saw in the Tennis Tipping manager thread that there were few new managers coming up and others, like GoldenOldie, were going to give up managing. As I can't manage myself because I don't know when I would be able to post diffs (I'm kid-dependent ), I thought on helping in another way.

I had some spare time at that time and some programming knoledge, so I thought about what was the 'worst' part of managing. As the diffs and results calculation was well covered by Evita's spreadsheet, it had to be the Entry Lists. So I said to myself, why not make some tool to make the worst part of managing easier so more managers come up. And that's when I started developing the tool.

I'm glad this is now a handy tool for any manager and I think it has made some new managers to give it a try. And I think it also helped you to be what you are now as a manager, besides the great help you've done testing it out.

Tennis Tipping
Best rankings:
Old 07-18-2012, 08:12 AM   #172
country flag sfar

16th July rankings are now up.

Tennis Tipping
Best rankings:
Old 07-18-2012, 08:25 AM   #173
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfar View Post

I'm glad this is now a handy tool for any manager and I think it has made some new managers to give it a try. And I think it also helped you to be what you are now as a manager, besides the great help you've done testing it out.
Yes it certainly did.

I remember doing test runs before I volunteered because I didn’t want to look a fool and get it all wrong – and I always remember you sending me a ‘thanks for volunteering to manage’ PM shortly after I first posted that I’d like to volunteer for the first time, which was really how we got to know each other.

And that older downloadable one in itself is still marvellous - I was still using it up until a few weeks ago to work out Entry Lists for WTF events to avoid having to play quallies – but now that I’ve made Top 40 there it will be rested for a bit .
Old 07-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #174
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

This is a great tool I haven't used it myself because I haven't managed tournaments recently but I often wished something like this existed. Thanks!

Now I guess the only major manual thing left to do is the calculation of rankings. I had planned to add it to my website but I still haven't gotten around to it.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #175
country flag sfar

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
This is a great tool I haven't used it myself because I haven't managed tournaments recently but I often wished something like this existed. Thanks!

Now I guess the only major manual thing left to do is the calculation of rankings. I had planned to add it to my website but I still haven't gotten around to it.
I'm now trying to fix some things from the tool but in the future, if I have time, I can try to develop this. Do you have something done? How is it done currently?

Tennis Tipping
Best rankings:
Old 07-18-2012, 09:37 AM   #176
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Currently Gavnich is maintaining all the ratings in a spreadsheet. My website theoretically has the infrastructure (database) to calculate ratings automatically from the entered match results, I just haven't programmed it yet. Besides, I have problems with the VPN server right now that's hosting the website. You wouldn't know anything about server administration by any chance, would you? If you do, please PM me, this thread is not the best place to discuss this.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:08 AM   #177
country flag sfar

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
Currently Gavnich is maintaining all the ratings in a spreadsheet. My website theoretically has the infrastructure (database) to calculate ratings automatically from the entered match results, I just haven't programmed it yet. Besides, I have problems with the VPN server right now that's hosting the website. You wouldn't know anything about server administration by any chance, would you? If you do, please PM me, this thread is not the best place to discuss this.
PM sent.

Tennis Tipping
Best rankings:
Old 07-19-2012, 09:09 PM   #178
country flag sfar

Hi all,

I've updated the Entry List Maker code so some errors could be fixed.

I'm sure new errors will appear and I count on you to help me searching for these errors. If you spot an error, please type entry names and give a description of what you do in the post.

Thanks.

Changes:

- Singles List column
Contains players commited to the tournament as Singles, one per line. Edit with your tournament's players.
For each player commited to a tournament, you can specify special features with the following tags next to the player name:
  1. #SE#: The player has requested for a Special Exempt.

Example:
Code:
player2 #SE#      --> This player has requested a SE. 
player3
player4 #SE#      --> This player has requested a SE. If he is higher ranked than player2 and is not qualified for main draw, he gets the spot ahead of player2
Usage:
  • Select the tournament type:
    1. Grand Slam (128)
    2. Masters (64)
    3. ATP (32)
    4. Challenger (32)
  • Select ranking date: The ranks will be updated as soon as Gavnich77 publishes them on the web, you only have to select the desired date.
  • Select how many Special Exempts you want to include in the Entry List.
  • The number of SEs selected will be reserved in the Singles Main Draw Entry list with the 'SE' name and all players will move down those places.
  • If there is a player with a SE, the 'SE' name will be replaced with the player.
  • Select the number of Qualifying players for the event.
  • Press the Entry List button to generate your entry list.
  • Press the Draw button to generate your main and qualifying draws.
  • You can reset all columns by pressing the Reset button.

Tennis Tipping
Best rankings:
Old 07-24-2012, 09:15 PM   #179
country flag sfar

Rankings from the 23th July updated.

Tennis Tipping
Best rankings:
Old 08-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #180
country flag sfar

Rankings from the 30th July updated.

Tennis Tipping
Best rankings: