ATP-ITF Calendar/Schedule Suggestions, Shorter Season - Page 91 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which of these compulsory 1000 level events would you drop

05.03.2012 - Hard - BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells, USA 10 7.09%
23.03.2011 - Hard - Sony Ericsson Open, Miami, USA 16 11.35%
01.05.2011 - Clay - Mutua Madrid Open, Madrid, Spain 14 9.93%
08.05.2011 - Clay - Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome, Italy 10 7.09%
08.08.2011 - Hard - Rogers Cup, Montreal, Canada 6 4.26%
14.08.2011 - Hard - Western & Southern Open, Cincinnati, USA 20 14.18%
09.10.2011 - Hard - Shanghai Rolex Masters, Shanghai, China 48 34.04%
07.11.2011 - Hard - BNP Paribas Masters - Paris, France 17 12.06%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #1351
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute
Default ATP Calender, 2014 onwards

Somebody posted this in the Calendar/Schedule Suggestions thread. I thought this deserved a new thread.

http://www.marca.com/2012/08/26/tenis/1345972504.html

From Google translate:
Quote:
The calendar is rearranged in 2014
JOAN SOLSONA • BARCELONA 26/08/12 - 11:15

Players learned yesterday that the South American tour can be moved to December. The ATP Masters would be after the Asian

On the eve of two Grand Slams, the Australia Open, which begins the season, and the U.S. Open, which practically closes, players meet annually with the leaders of the ATP to learn first and then approve plans future.

At the meeting held yesterday between players in New York, two days before the U.S. Open, Brad Drewett, the new head men's professional circuit visible, outlined the timetable to take effect in the absence of a final vote, from campaign 2014.

There are significant changes that tennis players including Rafael Nadal, former president of the Player Council, have been asking for some time and which refer to the possibility of more rest. After the Asian tour in October will host the Masters Cup. Then there will be about three weeks off before starting to land the South American tour, which will no-passing mandatory tournaments from February to the end of the year. Thus, Nadal, Djokovic and company have the option to be two months away from the tracks if you like, and prepare for the assault on Australia conditions.

The Spaniard, however, is called to be the main attraction of the new Open 500 in Rio de Janeiro, who was born just two years after the Games. The event, on land belonging to the multinational IMG, tennis representation business and also owns the rights of the Goth. The victim Masters 1000 Paris Bercy be relocated in February.
If this gets passed:
Paris Bercy in February.
WTF immediately after Asian swing.
Possibility of two months off for top players.
South American clay courts after WTF, non-mandatory.

I can't seem to find much other news on this, but this site seems legit.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2012, 03:03 PM   #1352
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ATP Calender, 2014 onwards

This looks like bad news for the South American tour but will be supported by the top guys. Having the WTF in October and 2 whole months off will be backed by them. The ATP 250s after the WTF will be there for those wanting to pick up points I guess...

Intrigued by the 500 in Rio. I thought that was meant to be hard? If so, I don't see why it would suit Nadal - going all the way to Brazil to play on hard, rather than as part of Asia etc. If it was clay I can see the attraction for him.

Bad news for Bercy. Post Aus-Open and pre-IW/Miami, I can see a lot of guys skipping it. Then again, Nadal etc. already skip it, so this just confirms it. Putting it near Rotterdam 500 makes sense.
Ash86 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #1353
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it will do any good to the tour, as it will completely scatter the tournaments. the calendar is already good just needs a few twitches. my view is that Citi Open should be moved before Farmers Classic and then St. Petersburg and Metz be in the same week as Farmers.

So i think it should be
Wimbledon
Newport, Stuttgart, Bastad, Umag
Hamburg, Atlanta, Gstaad
Washington, Metz, St. Petersburg
Los Angeles, Marseille (with kitzbuhel swtiching with Marseille)
Canada
Cincinnati
Winston Salem
US Open
Davis Cup
then the Asian Swing
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #1354
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ATP-ITF Calendar/Schedule Suggestions, Shorter Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just like heaven View Post
Starting from 2014 the Masters Cup will take place in October, after the Shanghai Masters.
The Paris Masters will be moved to February.
The South American clay tournaments will take place after the Masters Cup, but they won't be mandatory, so the top players can have 2 months of rest at the end of the year.

http://www.marca.com/2012/08/26/tenis/1345972504.html
I hope it's not true because it will make the season more compact and actually harder for the players. The south american swing attracts more viewers and crowd than the asian swing. I really hope monte carlo loses it's 1000 status as it's taking up a whole week whereas they could place other events on that week. And that schedule is more for top players than for the betterment of the whole tour.

So i think it should be
Wimbledon
Newport, Stuttgart, Bastad, Umag
Hamburg, Atlanta, Gstaad
Washington, Metz, St. Petersburg
Los Angeles, Marseille (with kitzbuhel swtiching with Marseille)
Canada
Cincinnati
Winston Salem
US Open
Davis Cup
then the Asian Swing

This will make the schedule go down by a week and if Monte Carlo becomes 500 they can put maybe Houston and Casablanca as the same week as it is. so that will be 2 less weeks now and the tour will end on October.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #1355
country flag redshift36188

redshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond repute

So, with this move the South American Tour is about to be officially recognised as the Vulture Swing?

Isn't February going to be awfully crowded though? Davis Cup, Rotterdam, Dubai, Bercy and a bunch of 250s? Maybe they should move some 250s to December as well.
redshift36188 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #1356
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds... interesting... I guess...

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On beating weak era players in finals of slams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #1357
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshift36188 View Post
So, with this move the South American Tour is about to be officially recognised as the Vulture Swing?

Isn't February going to be awfully crowded though? Davis Cup, Rotterdam, Dubai, Bercy and a bunch of 250s? Maybe they should move some 250s to December as well.
Might as well make if official, no?
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:40 PM   #1358
country flag FaceyFacem

FaceyFacem has a reputation beyond reputeFaceyFacem has a reputation beyond reputeFaceyFacem has a reputation beyond reputeFaceyFacem has a reputation beyond reputeFaceyFacem has a reputation beyond reputeFaceyFacem has a reputation beyond reputeFaceyFacem has a reputation beyond reputeFaceyFacem has a reputation beyond reputeFaceyFacem has a reputation beyond reputeFaceyFacem has a reputation beyond reputeFaceyFacem has a reputation beyond repute

i quite like this suggestion. The guys don't play the south american events very often anyway, so why not? better weather down there at that time anyway
novak djokovic - righful #1, 5 GS and counting, and as always, leaving bad tastes in tracy austin's mouth
italian guys - forza azzurri, especially seppi and bolelli

all time favorites: juan carlos ferrero, michael chang and patrick rafter

NEVER say "i don't care who wins, i just want good tennis" you BETTER pick a side
check out my blog! http://tennis-matchoftheday.blogspot.com/
FaceyFacem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:41 PM   #1359
country flag Michael Armando

Michael Armando has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Armando has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Armando has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Armando has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Armando has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Armando has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Armando has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Armando has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Armando has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Armando has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Armando has a reputation beyond repute

ATP / ITF should change the rule and not allow the profesional player on davis cup.
Let the juniors under 18 play davis cup
Michael Armando is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #1360
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ATP-ITF Calendar/Schedule Suggestions, Shorter Season

im afraid south american events would lose a lot of mainstream media attention... for these the season would be over if the top 4 ends it

ofc they'll still have almagro, monaco, maybe ferrer (but maybe not wawrinka anymore, who played there 2 years ago) but how will these points count? for the new season? if the WTF is played already...
or no points at all, only money?

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:07 PM   #1361
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

WTF right after the asian swing = death of indoor season.

Bad news.

Probably WTF is going to be played on outdoor clay I guess.

Maybe Paris in february won't be bad though, players might take it more seriously since it will be at the start of the season.

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:10 PM   #1362
country flag AnnaK_4ever

AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute

So they are getting rid of the proper indoor season on the ATP as well?
AnnaK_4ever is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #1363
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't feel right. WTF should be the culmination of every season..
Old 08-26-2012, 05:18 PM   #1364
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my ..... 2009 the death of Carpet 2014 after 5 years the death of Indoor tennis

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 482-329
TBkeeper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:18 PM   #1365
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute

South America needs a masters. Get rid of one of the useless masters, like Madrid, and put in SA masters at end of year. Would work.

BRAVO MARINE, SAMO NAPRED MAJSTORE !!

Marin Cilic ~The Greatest Ballstriker of All Time
hipolymer is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote