ATP-ITF Calendar/Schedule Suggestions, Shorter Season - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which of these compulsory 1000 level events would you drop

05.03.2012 - Hard - BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells, USA 10 7.09%
23.03.2011 - Hard - Sony Ericsson Open, Miami, USA 16 11.35%
01.05.2011 - Clay - Mutua Madrid Open, Madrid, Spain 14 9.93%
08.05.2011 - Clay - Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome, Italy 10 7.09%
08.08.2011 - Hard - Rogers Cup, Montreal, Canada 6 4.26%
14.08.2011 - Hard - Western & Southern Open, Cincinnati, USA 20 14.18%
09.10.2011 - Hard - Shanghai Rolex Masters, Shanghai, China 48 34.04%
07.11.2011 - Hard - BNP Paribas Masters - Paris, France 17 12.06%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2005, 09:34 PM   #121
country flag wowfed

wowfed has a reputation beyond reputewowfed has a reputation beyond reputewowfed has a reputation beyond reputewowfed has a reputation beyond reputewowfed has a reputation beyond reputewowfed has a reputation beyond reputewowfed has a reputation beyond reputewowfed has a reputation beyond reputewowfed has a reputation beyond reputewowfed has a reputation beyond reputewowfed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This should be the ATP calendar

Having an tennis event at Miami in Aug is dangerous. Thats the hurricane,twister and storm season in Florida..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik
Aug AMS Miami - Hard
wowfed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2005, 09:35 PM   #122
country flag wowfed

wowfed has a reputation beyond reputewowfed has a reputation beyond reputewowfed has a reputation beyond reputewowfed has a reputation beyond reputewowfed has a reputation beyond reputewowfed has a reputation beyond reputewowfed has a reputation beyond reputewowfed has a reputation beyond reputewowfed has a reputation beyond reputewowfed has a reputation beyond reputewowfed has a reputation beyond repute

May be they should upgrade Halle to a masters event status and cancel Hamburg Clay masters. That way we can have an event in Germany and a Grass masters..
Quote:
Jun AMS Hamburg - Grass
Old 10-03-2005, 09:37 PM   #123
country flag Mechlan

Mechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know what sort of power the ATP has if it actually wants to go about instituting changes on a large scale like this?

And as someone mentioned earlier, the little events are important, too. You can't simply stick a Masters Series event in the schedule in Asia or South America if there aren't smaller supporting tournaments around that time. That'll essentially require players to make the trek there and back for one event. That's not going to happen. What would be ideal is several events close by geographically occurring around the same time of year. Players could then essentially move from continent to continent, playing the important events (and hopefully giving viewers around the world a glimpse of all the top players at some time). There is some of this happening already to some extent, with the clay, hardcourt, and indoor seasons being divided up. But this is still mostly Europe/North America, and if tennis hopes to expand to other continents, the schedule will need to be altered.
Mechlan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 09:39 PM   #124
country flag wowfed

How about sticking to the existing schedule and having 2-3 masters event as roll overs? Just like Cinci-Montreal and Masters cup, they can keep changing the location and surface every year.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:44 PM   #125
country flag ys

ys has a reputation beyond reputeys has a reputation beyond reputeys has a reputation beyond reputeys has a reputation beyond reputeys has a reputation beyond reputeys has a reputation beyond reputeys has a reputation beyond reputeys has a reputation beyond reputeys has a reputation beyond reputeys has a reputation beyond reputeys has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowfed
May be they should upgrade Halle to a masters event status and cancel Hamburg Clay masters. That way we can have an event in Germany and a Grass masters..
It's not that simple.. Grass tennis is not big in Germany, so grasscourts are not something that you can find everywhere.. For 32/16 type of tournament you can get away with probably having only 4 courts.. For 64/16 type of tournament you might need at least 7-8 of them.. You probably need a facility half a size of SW19 to hold that.. They might have that kind of facility in Birmingham, Notthingham or Rosmalen .. But probably not in Halle. If you really want grass Masters, move WTA tourney from Rosmalen to Halle, and have an ATP Masters in Rosmalen..
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 10:20 PM   #126
country flag Aphex
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Aphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond repute

Move Madrid TMS to Tokyo. Cancel Metz and shorten the season by the former Madrid week. Ideally you'd need to cut another week off the schedule for the top 7 and DC final players but I can't think of which one right now.
Don't mess with the claycourt tournies!
Aphex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 10:25 PM   #127
country flag revolution

revolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond repute

Do mess with the clay court events, as like almost half of them are not in the correct place in the calendar, which is April-June, and there's too much clay. There's also too much hard court events.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:29 PM   #128
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh come on! Try not to be sarcastic for a sec.
I'm sure that IW in July does not get much hotter than Melbourne in January. And anyway, America loves its night sessions so not all the action will be in the blistering heat.
Sorry, you need your geography lesson.

Indian Wells is in a desert. It's hot and dry in July. Temperature is constantly over 40°C with low humidity. No player will survive playing under the sun for an hour.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 10:33 PM   #129
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

They should play all year in an indoor court in my backyard.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 10:34 PM   #130
country flag Aphex
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Aphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyd2005
Do mess with the clay court events, as like almost half of them are not in the correct place in the calendar, which is April-June, and there's too much clay. There's also too much hard court events.
Hey, do you know the difference between optional and required events? And what exactly is the "correct place in the calendar"?
Old 10-03-2005, 10:39 PM   #131
country flag revolution

revolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond repute

calendar is easy:

Australian season- build up to AO
indoor and HC season build sup to IW/Miami
clay court season builds up to RG
grass court season builds up to Wimby
US hard season builds up to USO
indoor season

I think these are correct places in the calendar
Old 10-03-2005, 10:39 PM   #132
country flag Aphex
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

But sure I wouldn't mind if Wimbledon moved to a couple of weeks later, thus increasing your beloved grass season.
Like Wimbledon cares enough about tennis as a whole for that to happen.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:40 PM   #133
country flag revolution

Who told you grass was my fave?
Old 10-03-2005, 10:41 PM   #134
country flag Aphex
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
calendar is easy:

Australian season- build up to AO
indoor and HC season build sup to IW/Miami
clay court season builds up to RG
grass court season builds up to Wimby
US hard season builds up to USO
indoor season

I think these are correct places in the calendar
But that is how it is now. I don't see how some optional clay-court tournies are wrong. If you're top 40-50 you can only count your best five optional events anyway. It's only natural you play them on your fave surface.

Last edited by Aphex : 10-03-2005 at 10:46 PM.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:45 PM   #135
country flag Aphex
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
So it's indoors?!