ATP-ITF Calendar/Schedule Suggestions, Shorter Season - Page 88 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which of these compulsory 1000 level events would you drop

05.03.2012 - Hard - BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells, USA 10 7.09%
23.03.2011 - Hard - Sony Ericsson Open, Miami, USA 16 11.35%
01.05.2011 - Clay - Mutua Madrid Open, Madrid, Spain 14 9.93%
08.05.2011 - Clay - Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome, Italy 10 7.09%
08.08.2011 - Hard - Rogers Cup, Montreal, Canada 6 4.26%
14.08.2011 - Hard - Western & Southern Open, Cincinnati, USA 20 14.18%
09.10.2011 - Hard - Shanghai Rolex Masters, Shanghai, China 48 34.04%
07.11.2011 - Hard - BNP Paribas Masters - Paris, France 17 12.06%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2012, 07:36 AM   #1306
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ATP-ITF Calendar/Schedule Suggestions, Shorter Season/ Nadal resigns from ATP Cou

They want to knock down the Hamburg site.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2012, 07:38 AM   #1307
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ATP/ITF Calendar/Schedule Suggestions, shorter season and other issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Same with Buenos Aires unless they move the event to Parca Roca.
The Hurlingham Club would be better IMO, they have a shitload of courts there.

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:40 AM   #1308
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ATP-ITF Calendar/Schedule Suggestions, Shorter Season/ Nadal resigns from ATP Cou

Gstaad wouldn't work. Playing at altitude of 1000m before Wimbledon, these bitches already complain about Madrid which is only 550m before RG. The weather will be very dodgy and are they going to play on cow paddocks.

Prague, well there is a thing called sponsors and very humid at that time of the year.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 07-25-2012, 07:44 AM   #1309
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

To summarize my ideal changes:

1. Extend grass court season to 4 weeks with one Masters 1000 and two Open 500.
2. Replace San Jose and Memphis with 2 Indian grass tournaments in February in line with European hard and South American clay.
3. Downgrade Montreal from 1000 to 500 (due to Hamburg upgrade) and add Toronto 250.
4. Convert Gstaad and Stuttgart from July clay to June grass events.
5. Replace Marseille, Metz, Montpellier and Kitzbuhel with tournaments in Johannesburg, Brussels, Prague and Seoul.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:48 AM   #1310
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Canada is not getting downgraded, so why downgrade an old traditional event which is well supported in both cities to replace it with Hamburg.

Jimi, you don't think this clearly. Lack of money in Joburg hence the tournament lost the licence. Indian grass events not happening either.

Stuttgart got no interest or need to change surface.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 07-25-2012, 07:51 AM   #1311
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Gstaad wouldn't work. Playing at altitude of 1000m before Wimbledon, these bitches already complain about Madrid which is only 550m before RG. The weather will be very dodgy and are they going to play on cow paddocks.

Prague, well there is a thing called sponsors and very humid at that time of the year.
Would be nice to see Belgium and Czech Republic get ATP events. They're bigger and richer than the likes of Croatia and Romania. It shouldn't be a financial obstacle.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:53 AM   #1312
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
Would be nice to see Belgium and Czech Republic get ATP events. They're a lot bigger and richer than the likes of Croatia and Romania.
That's a stupid reason of the highest order. Umag is a very popular stop on the tour that event is going nowhere.

By that reason Norway, Luxembourg and Finland should have more events then.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 07-25-2012, 07:59 AM   #1313
country flag Jimnik

Quote:
That's a stupid reason of the highest order. Umag is a very popular stop on the tour that event is going nowhere.

By that reason Norway, Luxembourg and Finland should have more events then.
Wrong. Norway(4.6million) and Finland (5.2million) combined are smaller than either Belgium (11million) or Czech Republic (10million). Not to mention they've produced fewer top 100 players combined than each of the latter two. Mentioning Luxembourg is stupidity of the highest order.

Tradition is not enough to save tournaments. The world moves on and calendars have to evolve.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:04 AM   #1314
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
Wrong. Luxembourg is even tinier than Croatia. Norway(4.6million) and Finland (5.2million) combined are smaller than either Belgium (11million) or Czech Republic (10million). Not to mention they've produced fewer top 100 players combined than each of the latter two.

Tradition is not enough to save tournaments. The world moves on and calendars have to evolve.
No, you used richer as a reason Croatia and Romania shouldn't have events. Those 250s well they get enough crowd numbers, sponsors and pay their licence fees hence they are still there.

Same as Canada, the venues are up to TMS standard, they get the people to the venue along with the other revenue, unlike Shanghai which has no crowds.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 07-25-2012, 08:05 AM   #1315
country flag Jimnik

Quote:
No, you used richer as a reason Croatia and Romania shouldn't have events.
"Bigger and richer". Please read my posts before replying.

If it was about filling stadiums, Doha and Casablanca would be long gone.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:07 AM   #1316
country flag TennisMilan

TennisMilan has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMilan has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMilan has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMilan has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMilan has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMilan has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMilan has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMilan has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMilan has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMilan has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMilan has a reputation beyond repute

I'd take out Madrid, particurlaly after the Blue Clay.
TennisMilan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #1317
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Mughai is a joke, the true mourtary masters. No fans, No Fun, No Fucking decent surface!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #1318
country flag asmazif

asmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond repute

I appear to be in the massive minority who actually really enjoy Shanghai. Nice variety of results, players making runs, decently fast (last year)/ok looking surface.
Edberg / Rafter / Henman / Stich / Safin / Gambill / Grosjean / Malisse / Gonzo / Llodra / Santoro / Agassi / Schalken / Nováček / Rosewall / Ashe / H-T Lee / Kuerten / Boetsch / Pavel / Sundström / Björkman / Scud / El Aynaoui / Arazi / Calleri / Sampras / Nalbandian / Mosquito / Srichaphan / Pioline
asmazif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:50 PM   #1319
country flag hewitt2002

hewitt2002 has a reputation beyond reputehewitt2002 has a reputation beyond reputehewitt2002 has a reputation beyond reputehewitt2002 has a reputation beyond reputehewitt2002 has a reputation beyond reputehewitt2002 has a reputation beyond reputehewitt2002 has a reputation beyond reputehewitt2002 has a reputation beyond reputehewitt2002 has a reputation beyond reputehewitt2002 has a reputation beyond reputehewitt2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Post How to improve the ATP Masters Series

- Have 8 Masters events split over 2 years (4 a year)
- Each Masters event:
Is a 128 player draw
Best of 5 sets every round (for men only) (5th set tie break)
Lasts 2 weeks
Is men's and women's singles aswell as men's and women's doubles & Mixed
Has the same ranking points as the grand slams
Each Masters venue is fixed and cannot be moved
No End of year masters event
Top 30 players only include ranking points from the 4 slams and 4 masters events that year, Olympic Games and Davis Cup
Top 30 players only required to play slams and masters - dont have to enter any 250 point masters or 500 point masters events, unless they want to

2012 CALENDAR
16.01.2012 - 29.01.2012 - Australian Open
5 weeks off (Davis cup 1st & Q/Final)
05.03.2012 - 18.03.2012 - Indian Wells Masters - Hard
4 weeks off (Davis cup S/Final)
16.04.2012 - 29.04.2012 - Madrid Masters - Clay
4 weeks off
27.05.2012 - 10.06.2012 - French Open
3 weeks off
02.07.2012 - 15.07.2012 - Wimbledon (moved back a week as planned)
2 weeks off
28.07.2012 - 05.08.2012 - Olympic Games
3 weeks off (Davis cup Q/Final)
27.08.2012 - 09.09.2012 - US Open
3 weeks off
01.10.2012 - 14.10.2012 - Sao Paulo (Brazil) Masters - Clay
3 weeks off
05.11.2012 - 18.11.2012 - Shanghai Masters - Hard
8 weeks until start of Australian Open

2013 CALENDAR
14.01.2013 - 27.01.2013 - Australian Open
5 weeks off (Davis cup 1st round)
04.03.2013 - 17.03.2013 - Miami Masters- Hard
4 weeks off (Davis cup Q/Final)
15.04.2013 - 28.04.2013 - Rome or Hamburg Masters? - Clay
4 weeks off
26.05.2013 - 09.06.2013 - French Open
3 weeks off
01.06.2013 - 14.07.2013 - Wimbledon (moved back a week as planned)
6 weeks off (Davis Cup S/Final & Final)
26.08.2013 - 08.09.2013 - US Open
3 weeks off
30.10.2013 - 13.10.2013 - Johannesburg Masters - Grass
3 weeks off
04.11.2013 - 17.11.2013 - Dubai Masters - Hard
8 weeks until start of Australian Open

Any thoughts please??
hewitt2002 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:53 PM   #1320
country flag orangehat

orangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to improve the ATP Masters Series

Not practical financially I believe.

Singles: (61/10) Finals: 1-5 ATP, 3-1 Challengers
W: Rotterdam '12 F: Monte Carlo '11, Dubai '11, Nice '11, Stockholm '11, Atlanta '12
Slams:1R,3R,3R,QF

Doubles: (9/5) Finals: 3-4 ATP, 8-7 Challengers
W: US Open '12 (w/Allez-Alejo), Bercy '11 (w/ZackBusner), Winston-Salem '12 (w/Betty) F: Atlanta '12 (w/Betty), Eastbourne '11 (w/*Jean*), Stockholm '11 (w/njnetswill), Casablanca '10 (w/Gavnich77)
Slams:2R,3R,QF,W
orangehat is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote