ATP-ITF Calendar/Schedule Suggestions, Shorter Season - Page 55 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which of these compulsory 1000 level events would you drop

05.03.2012 - Hard - BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells, USA 10 7.09%
23.03.2011 - Hard - Sony Ericsson Open, Miami, USA 16 11.35%
01.05.2011 - Clay - Mutua Madrid Open, Madrid, Spain 14 9.93%
08.05.2011 - Clay - Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome, Italy 10 7.09%
08.08.2011 - Hard - Rogers Cup, Montreal, Canada 6 4.26%
14.08.2011 - Hard - Western & Southern Open, Cincinnati, USA 20 14.18%
09.10.2011 - Hard - Shanghai Rolex Masters, Shanghai, China 48 34.04%
07.11.2011 - Hard - BNP Paribas Masters - Paris, France 17 12.06%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2011, 04:16 PM   #811
country flag clandis

clandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ITF rebukes Nadal's Davis Cup schedule complaints

If you want to play Davis cup, play and don't bitch about it. No one is forcing him to play.
clandis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2011, 04:22 PM   #812
country flag tennis fan474

tennis fan474 has a reputation beyond reputetennis fan474 has a reputation beyond reputetennis fan474 has a reputation beyond reputetennis fan474 has a reputation beyond reputetennis fan474 has a reputation beyond reputetennis fan474 has a reputation beyond reputetennis fan474 has a reputation beyond reputetennis fan474 has a reputation beyond reputetennis fan474 has a reputation beyond reputetennis fan474 has a reputation beyond reputetennis fan474 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clandis View Post
If you want to play Davis cup, play and don't bitch about it. No one is forcing him to play.
Actually the ITF force him to play (and also Federer). After all, Nadal wants another Gold Medal in London, and he has to compete in DC for that.
tennis fan474 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:25 PM   #813
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal needs to shut the fuck up.
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:30 PM   #814
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa is trying to keep the talk from last week alive, if it is forgotten about already then no changes will come. I don't see the problem. Everyone bitches and moans about the ITF/ATP every other fucking post. They bitch about Rafa and his PC answers to questions. The guy is speaking out for the good of the sport and against the ITF/ATP and people still moan.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:16 PM   #815
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Player union call as injuries mount

I dont understand a shit about rafa's bitching ...
Davydenko played 30+ tournaments for 4-5 years and is still playing nearly every week and he doesn't bitch at all...
TBkeeper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:17 PM   #816
Knotty Fort

Knotty Fort has a reputation beyond reputeKnotty Fort has a reputation beyond reputeKnotty Fort has a reputation beyond reputeKnotty Fort has a reputation beyond reputeKnotty Fort has a reputation beyond reputeKnotty Fort has a reputation beyond reputeKnotty Fort has a reputation beyond reputeKnotty Fort has a reputation beyond reputeKnotty Fort has a reputation beyond reputeKnotty Fort has a reputation beyond reputeKnotty Fort has a reputation beyond repute

Mods, why is my thread merged with this? My thread has to do with the Davis Cup schedule specifically, not anything to do with player unions. Please unmerge it.
Knotty Fort is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:28 PM   #817
country flag barbadosan

barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotty Fort View Post
Mods, why is my thread merged with this? My thread has to do with the Davis Cup schedule specifically, not anything to do with player unions. Please unmerge it.
Have to agree with you on this. The argument for a players' union is a distinct issue, which COULD arguably encompass every aspect of tennis, but are you really going to lump injuries, remuneration, davis cup, slams, masters and anything else that passes by under the catchall of "players' union"? The ITF's response to complaints about the Davis Cup is a separate issue
Old 09-17-2011, 05:44 PM   #818
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute
Default ITF president slams Nadal: "He can't fault Davis Cup for busy calendar"

Quote:
Rafael Nadal shouldn't blame the Davis Cup for the crowded tennis schedule after playing the event infrequently in recent years, the head of the International Tennis Federation said Saturday.

Nadal was again critical of the busy schedule Friday after winning the first match in Spain's 2-0 Davis Cup semifinal lead over France. It came four days after he lost the U.S. Open final in New York to Novak Djokovic. Asked if players could strike over the convoluted calendar, Nadal did not rule out "strong action."

But ITF president Francesco Ricci said Nadal's argument was "inconsistent."

"Nadal has all the right to feel tired after playing 70 matches this year, but that's not the fault of the Davis Cup, which he has played only three times in the past two years," Ricci said at Cordoba's bullring.

Nadal helped Spain lift the Davis Cup trophy in 2009.

"Nadal says we don't listen to the players but the date of the Davis Cup was changed against the wishes of the ITF and its president," Ricci said. "We still feel the dates, especially those in September, are not right."

Nadal was among a group of top players -- including Roger Federer -- which lobbied the ITF to move Davis Cup dates to the week after Wimbledon and the U.S. Open in 2009.

French player Michael Llodra backed Nadal's stance after pairing with Jo-Wilfried Tsonga to trim the deficit to 2-1 against Spain. Llodra also said the calendar should be reviewed.

"It makes us have to change and adapt to a new surface very quickly," Llodra said. "I know Rafa loves playing here and representing his country, but the ITF should probably think about it and change some things."

Nadal said organizers only cared about money and not the players' health in remarks Friday. Talk has emerged about making the Davis Cup a biannual tournament, but Ricci said was "nonnegotiable."

"Playing Davis Cup can't just be about money, you also have to give something back to the sport," Ricci said.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201....ap/index.html

Damn

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:50 PM   #819
Knotty Fort

Knotty Fort has a reputation beyond reputeKnotty Fort has a reputation beyond reputeKnotty Fort has a reputation beyond reputeKnotty Fort has a reputation beyond reputeKnotty Fort has a reputation beyond reputeKnotty Fort has a reputation beyond reputeKnotty Fort has a reputation beyond reputeKnotty Fort has a reputation beyond reputeKnotty Fort has a reputation beyond reputeKnotty Fort has a reputation beyond reputeKnotty Fort has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ITF president slams Nadal: "He can't fault Davis Cup for busy calendar"

I already started a thread on this, but it got merged into another thread. If this thread somehow stays here, I want my thread to be reinstated, and this post merged with MY thread. Yes, I'm gonna be a big stickler about this mods.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:59 PM   #820
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ITF president slams Nadal: "He can't fault Davis Cup for busy calendar"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotty Fort View Post
I already started a thread on this, but it got merged into another thread. If this thread somehow stays here, I want my thread to be reinstated, and this post merged with MY thread. Yes, I'm gonna be a big stickler about this mods.
I just saw your thread in the players union thread and I agree these need to be merged. This has nothing to do with the players union.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:01 PM   #821
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
Nadal is really on a tear isn't he? Uncle Toni scheduling too many matches? Worried about those knees? Maybe he should change his style of tennis.
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:04 PM   #822
country flag Adri89

Adri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond repute

French players agree with Nadal. They could put one little tournament just after a GS and the next week the davis would stand. It would give more rest for the best players in the world after Wimbledon and USO.
Adri89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:07 PM   #823
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Glad the ITF are sticking it up these whiny biatches. It's a shame the ATP and Bercy didn't do the same when Fedal whined about the carpet.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:13 PM   #824
country flag barbadosan

barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adri89 View Post
French players agree with Nadal. They could put one little tournament just after a GS and the next week the davis would stand. It would give more rest for the best players in the world after Wimbledon and USO.
Did you read the article? It was the PLAYERS who asked for Davis Cup to be moved from two weeks after the GS to the week after, not the ITF. It can't be that hard to say to the ITF, "we thought it would work, but it really isn't such a good idea after all - can we go back to where it was", but don't try to come across as if the ITF pushed you into the situation
Old 09-17-2011, 06:15 PM   #825
Knotty Fort

Mods, I'm still waiting.