ATP-ITF Calendar/Schedule Suggestions, Shorter Season - Page 45 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which of these compulsory 1000 level events would you drop

05.03.2012 - Hard - BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells, USA 10 7.09%
23.03.2011 - Hard - Sony Ericsson Open, Miami, USA 16 11.35%
01.05.2011 - Clay - Mutua Madrid Open, Madrid, Spain 14 9.93%
08.05.2011 - Clay - Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome, Italy 10 7.09%
08.08.2011 - Hard - Rogers Cup, Montreal, Canada 6 4.26%
14.08.2011 - Hard - Western & Southern Open, Cincinnati, USA 20 14.18%
09.10.2011 - Hard - Shanghai Rolex Masters, Shanghai, China 48 34.04%
07.11.2011 - Hard - BNP Paribas Masters - Paris, France 17 12.06%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2010, 09:19 AM   #661
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This should be the ATP calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
They aren't going anywhere but there is no purpose to these events, cause Nth America is still important as a market and they can't put 4 TMS events before the US Open.

In other words, they are only the best for you because Nadal doesn't win them all the time.
What is the purpose of any tennis tournament then? I'm not agreeing/disagreeing with you, but what constitutes as purpose for a tennis tournament?
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2010, 09:23 AM   #662
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timariot View Post
Whereas the spring HC season is pretty pointless in itself, IW and Miami are some of the best estabilished and most valued events on the Tour. You can't just wave a magic wand and make them disappear. IMO, IW and Miami should be changed to green clay. It is popular surface on US, it is traditional for springtime (though not many events are left) and better for the players physique.
Green clay that won't be coming back any time soon, though for a change it wouldn't be a bad thing. Then again wood as a surface would be funny these days. You know this, but most don't realise these hardcourts events in the US used to be on green clay, but of course the financial cost is saved by playing on hardcourts to the detriment of other areas.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:23 AM   #663
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timariot View Post
So what is the Grand Slam for the indoors season and where it is played?

Appearence fees were technically forbidden, but such rules can be circumvented laughably easily so it's pretty pointless. There is no realistic way to get rid of them.

It's one thing to have offseason to reload your batteries, but players don't necessarily like such long pauses between events. It means that they have to keep training for "2 to 4 weeks" for just one event. It's pretty boring and tiresome. Nowadays there is one week rest pause before the YEC, and some have complained that it should be eliminated.

Whereas the spring HC season is pretty pointless in itself, IW and Miami are some of the best estabilished and most valued events on the Tour. You can't just wave a magic wand and make them disappear. IMO, IW and Miami should be changed to green clay. It is popular surface on US, it is traditional for springtime (though not many events are left) and better for the players physique.
As if there is no pause from Paris to the TMC to begin with. If I remember correctly, there is a 2 week break between the end of Paris to the TMC in London.

Edit- You were right, it is a one week pause. My mistake and point taken.

As for the indoor GS, could be Australia. Would certainly remove the "heat" issue over there.

Quote:
The minions from the ATP probably have a look at what's going on in the tennis forums, of course they don't act on it .

Poor arguments are just that, you aren't Clay Death this is why.
Which is supposed to mean?
Old 10-28-2010, 09:27 AM   #664
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
[b]

What is the purpose of any tennis tournament then? I'm not agreeing/disagreeing with you, but what constitutes as purpose for a tennis tournament?
Futures, Challengers, IS, ISG, TMS and Slams, all fairly clear and decisive stages on the tennis circus. Move through the stages, do the best they can to make a living on the tour for some, others to win Slams, all depends on the player. The lucky few that make a good living, then all the better for them.

About the Clay Death thing, use your brains and don't be lazy.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 10-28-2010, 09:28 AM   #665
country flag .-Federers_Mate-.
Banned!

.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They aren't going anywhere but there is no purpose to these events, cause Nth America is still important as a market and they can't put 4 TMS events before the US Open.

In other words, they are only the best for you because Nadal doesn't win them all the time.
i dont give shit whether Nadal is playing in them or not. I like them because as i stated, the coverage is good, the tennis is normally good,the atmosphere is good (Miami's is better) and i like the grounds and the area. I like the way the players are close to the fans, i like the fact that new gear is out,timezone is good for me,good match ups etc.
.-Federers_Mate-. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:29 AM   #666
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by .-Federers_Mate-. View Post
i dont give shit whether Nadal is playing in them or not. I like them because as i stated, the coverage is good, the tennis is normally good,the atmosphere is good (Miami's is better) and i like the grounds and the area. I like the way the players are close to the fans, i like the fact that new gear is out,timezone is good for me,good match ups etc.
I said Nadal winning them, clear difference. The coverage is just as good for Rome, Madrid, Monte Carlo, Canada, Cincy, Shanghai and Bercy. You like hardcourt tennis more, therefore it has to be better.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 10-28-2010, 09:30 AM   #667
country flag HKz
Hakeem

Quote:
Futures, Challengers, IS, ISG, TMS and Slams, all fairly clear and decisive stages on the tennis circus. Move through the stages, do the best they can to make a living on the tour for some, others to win Slams, all depends on the player. The lucky few that make a good living, then all the better for them.

About the Clay Death thing, use your brains and don't be lazy.
And you claim Clay Death uses his brains, right?
"Hey guys, who was better on grass??? Federer or Sampras???"
"Hey guys, is Federer over???"
"Hey guys, Djokovic will be number one!!! This is clearly a groundbreaking idea!!! If Nadal or Federer aren't number 1, it is logical that Djokovic is!!!"

I would think someone with a brain would realize how pointless his threads are, and how they have been said and done half a million times.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:31 AM   #668
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
And you claim Clay Death uses his brains, right?
"Hey guys, who was better on grass??? Federer or Sampras???"
"Hey guys, is Federer over???"
"Hey guys, Djokovic will be number one!!! This is clearly a ground breaking idea!!! If Nadal or Federer isn't number 1, it is logical that Djokovic is!!!"
You failed to get it. I said don't be like Clay Death and the above shows why.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 10-28-2010, 09:33 AM   #669
Banned!

.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I said Nadal winning them, clear difference. The coverage is just as good for Rome, Madrid, Monte Carlo, Canada, Cincy, Shanghai and Bercy. You like hardcourt tennis more, therefore it has to be better.
Nadal playing,winning..its the same thing. Ofcourse i would prefer Fed,Jwt and blake winning. Coverage for the clay events is poor imo, can barely see the ball. Anyway i have already stated why i prefer hard over clay.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:34 AM   #670
country flag HKz
Hakeem

Quote:
You failed to get it. I said don't be like Clay Death and the above shows why.
Well my bad for not understand your statement. My mistake, English is my third language

Whatever, I don't see why we are arguing. I need to sleep, I have a midterm in 7 hours.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:35 AM   #671
Banned!

Quote:

As for the indoor GS, could be Australia. Would certainly remove the "heat" issue over there.
no way. That would ruin the AO and everything it stands for.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:36 AM   #672
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Tennis is meant to be outdoors and the TMC usually caters for indoors, who the fuck is going to built 30 something indoor courts.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 10-28-2010, 09:36 AM   #673
country flag HKz
Hakeem

Quote:
Originally Posted by .-Federers_Mate-. View Post
no way. That would ruin the AO and everything it stands for.
Because in its rich tradition, it was always played on outdoor hardcourts right?
Old 10-28-2010, 09:38 AM   #674
country flag HKz
Hakeem

Quote:
Tennis is meant to be outdoors and the TMC usually caters for indoors, who the fuck is going to built 30 something indoor courts.
According to...? Real tennis was after all an indoor sport to begin with. Without indoor carpet, McEnroe wouldn't have his 71 match winning streak or whatever on that surface.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:39 AM   #675
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
According to...? Real tennis was after all an indoor sport to begin with.
Real tennis and tennis aren't the same sport.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1