ATP-ITF Calendar/Schedule Suggestions, Shorter Season - Page 44 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which of these compulsory 1000 level events would you drop

05.03.2012 - Hard - BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells, USA 10 7.09%
23.03.2011 - Hard - Sony Ericsson Open, Miami, USA 16 11.35%
01.05.2011 - Clay - Mutua Madrid Open, Madrid, Spain 14 9.93%
08.05.2011 - Clay - Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome, Italy 10 7.09%
08.08.2011 - Hard - Rogers Cup, Montreal, Canada 6 4.26%
14.08.2011 - Hard - Western & Southern Open, Cincinnati, USA 20 14.18%
09.10.2011 - Hard - Shanghai Rolex Masters, Shanghai, China 48 34.04%
07.11.2011 - Hard - BNP Paribas Masters - Paris, France 17 12.06%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 10-27-2010, 07:20 PM   #646
country flag CCBH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 434
CCBH has a reputation beyond reputeCCBH has a reputation beyond reputeCCBH has a reputation beyond reputeCCBH has a reputation beyond reputeCCBH has a reputation beyond reputeCCBH has a reputation beyond reputeCCBH has a reputation beyond reputeCCBH has a reputation beyond reputeCCBH has a reputation beyond reputeCCBH has a reputation beyond reputeCCBH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This should be the ATP calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
Just googled it - Rome, Canada and Cincy will be combined next year. That brings the total number of combined events to 20. With Canada the men will be in Montreal, women in Toronto same week.
OMG . Are they going with the whole 'finalists fly to the other city' concept?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by .-Federers_Mate-. View Post
Federer is a tennis god. Big john (Isner) was lucky to be a witness to what was on show today. Tough match vs Seppi next round
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seingeist View Post
The foaming-at-the-mouth blind fanboyism and double standards of these posts (F. mates) is so overwhelming that it strikes me as a self-parody.

"Tough match?" World #3 Federer's ("greatest player to have ever played the game," you just said before rushing off the bathroom to change your underwear) H2H against World #58 Seppi is 6-0.

If it wasn't tough, Federer's victory would not be as glorious and godlike! Naturally, if Seppi and Isner were in Nadal's side of the draw, any victory that he managed to scrape out against these Tough Titans of Tennis would be pure luck!
CCBH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-27-2010, 07:21 PM   #647
country flag Certinfy
Registered User
 
Certinfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 44,861
Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This should be the ATP calendar

All 4 Grand Slams should be on the same 2 weeks
__________________
Berdych | Murray | Tsonga | Monfils | Raonic | Soderling
On Djokovic vs Berdych:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:22 AM   #648
country flag Jimnik
Registered User
 
Jimnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Here
Posts: 20,785
Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This should be the ATP calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
Do you agree though, that some of the best tennis of the year is played at the AO so I don't see how a busy schedule or too short an off season has anything to do with players being burned out. They just need to manage it better and the better players do that *cough nadal*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
Fair enough, I just feel the AO consistently produces the best matches, particulary in the early rounds.
AO was better with Rebound Ace but they continue to have great matches. I agree it should be up to the players to manage their schedules better.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbriar View Post
Halle/London should be ATP 500
Indeed, the ATP is indefensible on this issue. No MS events on grass is one thing but no 500 events is completely retarded.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Timariot View Post
AO actually offers the best prize money these days, doesn't it? Their attendance has caught up with other Slams.
Even with the weak US Dollar, US Open continued to generate more prize money than the other slams. AO is catching up but still behind the other three, and probably always will be.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
Just googled it - Rome, Canada and Cincy will be combined next year. That brings the total number of combined events to 20. With Canada the men will be in Montreal, women in Toronto same week.
Just so that men can subsidize the women's game even more. No-one watches a WTA match unless it's sandwiched between ATP matches.

But with more chances to socialise with girls in the player lounges, who on the ATP is going to complain?
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:03 AM   #649
country flag HKz
Hakeem
 
HKz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mesa
Posts: 5,235
HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This should be the ATP calendar

I've posted this once before, I don't know where, maybe in this thread, but this has always been my idea for the ATP season.

Create 4 even seasons-

-Clay, grass, outdoor hardcourts, indoor hardcourts/carpet

-Each season has an even number of Master Series/500s/250s, preferably something like 2 Master Series/3 or 4 500s/4 or 5 250s. At the end of every "season" the Grand Slam of that particular season's surface would be played (obviously Roland Garros for the clay season, Wimbledon for grass, etc)

-Remove appearance fees. Use this money to create some kind of prize money for the player who did the best during a particular season prior to the Grand Slam event (similar to the US Open series bonus)

-The Tennis Masters Cup (YEC) would be played at the very end, after the last Grand Slam obviously. There wouldn't be any major events between the last GS and the TMC. Players should have 2-4 weeks to rest/prepare.

I think this would help bring more tennis fans, make the season less confusing (I mean seriously, clay prior to 2 big hardcourt Masters series and clay events after Wimbledon and prior to the hardcourt season? What a joke), make the season shorter for those who can't schedule right *cough* Nadal *cough* and among other things.
__________________
Federer / Haas / Safin / Gaudio / Kuerten / Youzhny / Nadal / Gonzalez / Ljubicic / Hewitt / Soderling / Wawrinka / Coria / Nalbandian / Kohlschreiber
HKz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:25 AM   #650
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,483
Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This should be the ATP calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
I think this would help bring more tennis fans, make the season less confusing (I mean seriously, clay prior to 2 big hardcourt Masters series and clay events after Wimbledon and prior to the hardcourt season? What a joke), make the season shorter for those who can't schedule right *cough* Nadal *cough* and among other things.
What about the joke events of Indian Wells and Miami?
__________________
On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:42 AM   #651
country flag HKz
Hakeem
 
HKz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mesa
Posts: 5,235
HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This should be the ATP calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
What about the joke events of Indian Wells and Miami?
What? I'm not sure we understand each other. I'm saying how it is very strange to place these small clay events in between the Australian Open and Indian Wells/Miami.
__________________
Federer / Haas / Safin / Gaudio / Kuerten / Youzhny / Nadal / Gonzalez / Ljubicic / Hewitt / Soderling / Wawrinka / Coria / Nalbandian / Kohlschreiber
HKz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:47 AM   #652
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,483
Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This should be the ATP calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
What? I'm not sure we understand each other. I'm saying how it is very strange to place these small clay events in between the Australian Open and Indian Wells/Miami.
I think you need a bit of a history lesson when it comes to the Sth American events. That is clearly the best time to play them, because when they were at the end of the year they struggled big time financially.

Indian Wells/Miami what the fuck are they? Events that lead nowhere. The clay TMS events lead to RG, Canada/Cinci lead to the US Open and the other ones lead to the TMC, so at least they have a point in existence.

Miami was just an event for Butch Buchholz to have a marketing thing saying they are the 5th Slam, when it's bullshit and only because they used to have 128 draws.

Tennis is a global sport and Latin America has contributed a lot of players to do it and they deserve to have their tournaments, what's the point of changing them to hardcourts. There isn't a point, there are already enough events on hardcourts.
__________________
On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:54 AM   #653
country flag HKz
Hakeem
 
HKz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mesa
Posts: 5,235
HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This should be the ATP calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
I think you need a bit of a history lesson when it comes to the Sth American events. That is clearly the best time to play them, because when they were at the end of the year they struggled big time financially.

Indian Wells/Miami what the fuck are they? Events that lead nowhere. The clay TMS events lead to RG, Canada/Cinci lead to the US Open and the other ones lead to the TMC, so at least they have a point in existence.

Miami was just an event for Butch Buchholz to have a marketing thing saying they are the 5th Slam, when it's bullshit and only because they used to have 128 draws.

Tennis is a global sport and Latin America has contributed a lot of players to do it and they deserve to have their tournaments, what's the point of changing them to hardcourts. There isn't a point, there are already enough events on hardcourts.
I never said I would change them or they should change to hardcourts, nor did I deny how South Americans contributed to tennis. I don't understand why you're being this defensive as if I specifically wrote somewhere that "tournaments in SA are a joke!!!!" You're seriously criticizing me for points I didn't even bring up?

It is just not damn understandable, from a general point of view, as to why stick them in between major hardcourt events. If the ATP wants to market the tour better, or bring in fans who aren't interested in tennis, it would clearly make sense to organize the season in some way. What you are trying to explain to me, as how Miami was created or why these SA events are placed where they are, has nothing to do with what the ATP should do.

Regardless, from what you're trying to argue, it only points to the fact how the season should probably be revamped/rescheduled or whatever.
__________________
Federer / Haas / Safin / Gaudio / Kuerten / Youzhny / Nadal / Gonzalez / Ljubicic / Hewitt / Soderling / Wawrinka / Coria / Nalbandian / Kohlschreiber
HKz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:04 AM   #654
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,483
Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This should be the ATP calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
I never said I would change them or they should change to hardcourts, nor did I deny how South Americans contributed to tennis. I don't understand why you're being this defensive as if I specifically wrote somewhere that "tournaments in SA are a joke!!!!" You're seriously criticizing me for points I didn't even bring up?

It is just not damn understandable, from a general point of view, as to why stick them in between major hardcourt events. If the ATP wants to market the tour better, or bring in fans who aren't interested in tennis, it would clearly make sense to organize the season in some way. What you are trying to explain to me, as how Miami was created or why these SA events are placed where they are, has nothing to do with what the ATP should do.

Regardless, from what you're trying to argue, it only points to the fact how the season should probably be revamped/rescheduled or whatever.
So when are the Sth American events going to be played? I have already put a proposal a few times in here and clear surface definition makes sense. Therefore they should be the first events on the clay calendar in a full clay season, but that won't happen at all.

The ATP don't give a fuck about the sport, well when IMG runs the show that is clearly obvious. It helps to understand the history to find a solution to respective problems, that is commonsense. The Aus Open is a clear enough example of this people say change it to March, that is not going to happen, then you have the gap between RG and Wimbledon will be lucky to get an extra week break. To extend the grass season, they need to take away hardcourt events, is that going to happen, not very likely as it's not in the interests of the powers at be.

Then there are the Asian events, which have a bunch of starfucker fans but they will provide a bulk of the wealth in the future, so that has to be catered for to an extent.
__________________
On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:09 AM   #655
Timariot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,207
Timariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This should be the ATP calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
Indeed, the ATP is indefensible on this issue. No MS events on grass is one thing but no 500 events is completely retarded.
It's not just the ATP, it also comes down to tournament organizers as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
Even with the weak US Dollar, US Open continued to generate more prize money than the other slams. AO is catching up but still behind the other three, and probably always will be.
You are incorrect. Australian Open offered slightly larger prize money purse this year than USO, and same appears to be true next year:

The Australian Open 2011 will offer a record prize money of about 24 million U.S. dollars, the organizers announced in Melbourne on Tuesday, making it the current biggest purse among the tennis grand slams.

According to the news released by the organizers, the prize pool of 25 million Australian dollars which on the current exchange rate would be the highest in the 105-year history of the event.

Both the men's and women's singles champions will take home 2.2 million Australian dollars, while each runner-up will be offered 1. 1 million.

The total prize money for this year's Wimbledon Open and French Open was 21.7 million and 22.1 million U.S. dollars respectively, at the current exchange rates, while the US Open was 22.6 million.
__________________
"If Kafelnikov said that, he is right. Kafelnikov is always right."
-Marat Safin
Timariot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:09 AM   #656
country flag .-Federers_Mate-.
Banned!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Planet Djokovic
Posts: 4,629
.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This should be the ATP calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
I think you need a bit of a history lesson when it comes to the Sth American events. That is clearly the best time to play them, because when they were at the end of the year they struggled big time financially.

Indian Wells/Miami what the fuck are they? Events that lead nowhere. The clay TMS events lead to RG, Canada/Cinci lead to the US Open and the other ones lead to the TMC, so at least they have a point in existence.

Miami was just an event for Butch Buchholz to have a marketing thing saying they are the 5th Slam, when it's bullshit and only because they used to have 128 draws.

Tennis is a global sport and Latin America has contributed a lot of players to do it and they deserve to have their tournaments, what's the point of changing them to hardcourts. There isn't a point, there are already enough events on hardcourts.

Miami and Indian wells are fantastic events and need to be kept. They are fine where they are, they give fans a look at top players form after the AO.


Indain wells in a fantastic event. The tourney is fan friendly, all the players practice in open spaces. The whole feel of the tourney is very relaxed and i like it it. Miami is very imporatnt. It has a big tourney feel, crowds are big, same feel as Indian wells, and Miami is a great city. It gives off that whole chill/beachvibe which i love. The tourney is very fan friendly aswel. Both these tourneys are fin the way the are. For these reasons and many others. The players love coming to Florida and California as well. They are for me the best masters series to watch along with these indoor ones.

i agree that the Sa tourneys need to stay as clay and where they are.
The one in argie land and in mexico are class, i like the whole vibe they give off. Cant be bothered explaining other reasons


Players get to chose between hard and clay. So all the clay guys go to Southamerica and all the hard courters go to the US or euorpe. Its a nice contrast and gives us the viewers a choice (same for players)


Season should kept the way it is, expect Auckland should be a 1000
.-Federers_Mate-. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:14 AM   #657
country flag HKz
Hakeem
 
HKz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mesa
Posts: 5,235
HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This should be the ATP calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
So when are the Sth American events going to be played? I have already put a proposal a few times in here and clear surface definition makes sense. Therefore they should be the first events on the clay calendar in a full clay season, but that won't happen at all.

The ATP don't give a fuck about the sport, well when IMG runs the show that is clearly obvious. It helps to understand the history to find a solution to respective problems, that is commonsense. The Aus Open is a clear enough example of this people say change it to March, that is not going to happen, then you have the gap between RG and Wimbledon will be lucky to get an extra week break. To extend the grass season, they need to take away hardcourt events, is that going to happen, not very likely as it's not in the interests of the powers at be.

Then there are the Asian events, which have a bunch of starfucker fans but they will provide a bulk of the wealth in the future, so that has to be catered for to an extent.
Well, there is no point in bitching and moaning in a thread that is clearly not read by the ATP. Thread shouldn't used to criticize our ideas, so I don't know why you got so moved by my idea that obviously will never be seen nor implemented in any way, shape or form.
__________________
Federer / Haas / Safin / Gaudio / Kuerten / Youzhny / Nadal / Gonzalez / Ljubicic / Hewitt / Soderling / Wawrinka / Coria / Nalbandian / Kohlschreiber
HKz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:16 AM   #658
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,483
Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This should be the ATP calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by .-Federers_Mate-. View Post
Miami and Indian wells are fantastic events and need to be kept. They are fine where they are, they give fans a look at top players form after the AO.
They aren't going anywhere but there is no purpose to these events, cause Nth America is still important as a market and they can't put 4 TMS events before the US Open.

In other words, they are only the best for you because Nadal doesn't win them all the time.
__________________
On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:18 AM   #659
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,483
Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This should be the ATP calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
Well, there is no point in bitching and moaning in a thread that is clearly not read by the ATP. Thread shouldn't used to criticize our ideas, so I don't know why you got so moved by about my idea that obviously will never be seen nor implemented in any way, shape or form.
The minions from the ATP probably have a look at what's going on in the tennis forums, of course they don't act on it .

Poor arguments are just that, you aren't Clay Death this is why.
__________________
On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:18 AM   #660
Timariot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,207
Timariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This should be the ATP calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
I've posted this once before, I don't know where, maybe in this thread, but this has always been my idea for the ATP season.

Create 4 even seasons-

-Clay, grass, outdoor hardcourts, indoor hardcourts/carpet

-Each season has an even number of Master Series/500s/250s, preferably something like 2 Master Series/3 or 4 500s/4 or 5 250s. At the end of every "season" the Grand Slam of that particular season's surface would be played (obviously Roland Garros for the clay season, Wimbledon for grass, etc)
So what is the Grand Slam for the indoors season and where it is played?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
-Remove appearance fees. Use this money to create some kind of prize money for the player who did the best during a particular season prior to the Grand Slam event (similar to the US Open series bonus)
Appearence fees were technically forbidden, but such rules can be circumvented laughably easily so it's pretty pointless. There is no realistic way to get rid of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
-The Tennis Masters Cup (YEC) would be played at the very end, after the last Grand Slam obviously. There wouldn't be any major events between the last GS and the TMC. Players should have 2-4 weeks to rest/prepare.
It's one thing to have offseason to reload your batteries, but players don't necessarily like such long pauses between events. It means that they have to keep training for "2 to 4 weeks" for just one event. It's pretty boring and tiresome. Nowadays there is one week rest pause before the YEC, and some have complained that it should be eliminated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
I think this would help bring more tennis fans, make the season less confusing (I mean seriously, clay prior to 2 big hardcourt Masters series and clay events after Wimbledon and prior to the hardcourt season? What a joke),
Whereas the spring HC season is pretty pointless in itself, IW and Miami are some of the best estabilished and most valued events on the Tour. You can't just wave a magic wand and make them disappear. IMO, IW and Miami should be changed to green clay. It is popular surface on US, it is traditional for springtime (though not many events are left) and better for the players physique.
__________________
"If Kafelnikov said that, he is right. Kafelnikov is always right."
-Marat Safin
Timariot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios