Look, this is the new and improved djokoforum chat thread, you know?" - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 11:25 PM   #121
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The new (and improved) Djokoforum chat thread! Part 2

Oh by the why every time I look at my kids now I feel old and that's old.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2011, 11:31 PM   #122
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
And now we need a Jew or Mormon maybe as president

Oh we would not expect the gal of Nate's choice to convert unless she wanted too. We are reform Jews so much more liberal about religion and our place in this world.
Let’s skip the Mormon president for awhile, k?

I have to live with all that stuff all the time. I try to ignore it because If I dwell on it, I’d get kind of nutty.

Like this wedding. I can’t go to the wedding because I’m not Mormon. Just to the reception.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-09-2011, 11:35 PM   #123
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

here it's just catholics, really. I never saw a mosque or a synagogue here! No wait, there's a synagogue in Tomar, I remember now.

I was one of many great thing about my year in Budapest, I made at lof of Jew friends (from Israel) and Muslims (from Saudi Arabia and Iran), because a lof of people from these countries go to Budapest t study medicine. And it was really cool, sometimes we would go out 2 catholics (well, that's what my background is anyway), 2 muslims and a few jews! And we would discuss religion, there is just so much you can learn and teach when all the parts are tolerant and willing to share.
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-09-2011, 11:39 PM   #124
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And now we need a Jew or Mormon maybe as president

Oh we would not expect the gal of Nate's choice to convert unless she wanted too. We are reform Jews so much more liberal about religion and our place in this world.
But how about marriage, would it be "legal" according to the rules? Because I know that with catholics, the husband or wife don't have to convert, they just have to let the future kids be raised accordind to catholic laws and all, and if that happens and the priest agrees, they can get married in a church and all. At least that's what I learned. But really if you kow the priest and he is cool, he will marry the couple and ask for nothing at all.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:40 PM   #125
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Let’s skip the Mormon president for awhile, k?

I have to live with all that stuff all the time. I try to ignore it because If I dwell on it, I’d get kind of nutty.

Like this wedding. I can’t go to the wedding because I’m not Mormon. Just to the reception.
Wow just wow. I forgot that.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:42 PM   #126
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
But how about marriage, would it be "legal" according to the rules? Because I know that with catholics, the husband or wife don't have to convert, they just have to let the future kids be raised accordind to catholic laws and all, and if that happens and the priest agrees, they can get married in a church and all. At least that's what I learned. But really if you kow the priest and he is cool, he will marry the couple and ask for nothing at all.
A bit of controversy in some reform synagogues. I know rabbi's who will marry an interfaith couple and others who won't. Our rabbi is gay so you can imagine his views on the subject. And in reform Judaism as long as one parent is Jewish that's fine.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:52 PM   #127
country flag arm

Quote:
A bit of controversy in some reform synagogues. I know rabbi's who will marry an interfaith couple and others who won't. Our rabbi is gay so you can imagine his views on the subject. And in reform Judaism as long as one parent is Jewish that's fine.
Ok, cool! A gay rabbi, now that's cool!

Church and the vatican needs a reform ASAP, but with this Pope I don't see it happening . Lats time I checked, the pope was aproving a sort of law that says some marriages can be annulled in case one of them eventually realizes he or she is gay but ONLY depending on the "level of homosexuality". level of homosexuality, when I read that I didn't know what to do: laugh or cry.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:55 PM   #128
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

“level of homosexuality”

Ok. That was good. Hit me with another one.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:01 AM   #129
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
“level of homosexuality”

Ok. That was good. Hit me with another one.
Yep, that was the idea. Like I told you, i was really confused when I read that: should I cry or just laugh? Obviosly they are not going to through with it. Just an idea they had and were dumb enough to share with the press.

Anyway, bed time forportuguese people! 1am here

Old 10-10-2011, 12:06 AM   #130
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Not bedtime for me but I have been on this machine way too long today- off to read or watch tv. Youngest is hanging with a friend so of course no moms allowed for the moment.

And Star could you get rid of the link if you haven't already? Thanks!
Old 10-10-2011, 12:10 AM   #131
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Not bedtime for me but I have been on this machine way too long today- off to read or watch tv. Youngest is hanging with a friend so of course no moms allowed for the moment.

And Star could you get rid of the link if you haven't already? Thanks!
No problem. It didn’t work for me anyway.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:25 AM   #132
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

It was unlikely he could play/win so many matches without needing an injury break at one stage . Surely he'll still make the WTFs .
Old 10-10-2011, 04:26 AM   #133
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

You girls chat up a storm while I was suffering in an airplane

There were three dogs, two toddlers and one baby in an almost full plane.
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-10-2011, 09:12 AM   #134
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post

Everytime I fly I look for babies in the plane, if I see one I think "this plane is not crashing, there's a baby here, it would be too mean".

you're home! Now REST!
Old 10-10-2011, 02:04 PM   #135
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post

Welcome home!

Did the dogs bark?

I don’t like little dogs for some reason. I mean, I would be nice to a little dog, but I would never ever want to have one. I think even a 50 lb dog is rather small, so these 10 lb dogs are just

You are probably very busy today unpacking and laundry and getting your family back to its routine.
Closed Thread