Look, this is the new and improved djokoforum chat thread, you know?" - Page 52 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 06:00 PM   #766
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The new (and improved) Djokoforum chat thread! Part 2

How come it snowed in Phoenix? Is it common in winter or like a once in a century thing? There is no snow in Portugal so far
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2011, 06:04 PM   #767
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

how come snow is a regular verb but show, sow or know are irregular verbs?

These brits

Portuguese verbs conjugations is 12753265436724523542364 times worse.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:06 PM   #768
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
How come it snowed in Phoenix? Is it common in winter or like a once in a century thing? There is no snow in Portugal so far
It is really not that rare Every 2 to 3 years, there was snow. Every year we have days with below freezing temperature. Last year was the worst for my last 9 winters here. The hard freeze killed many citrus trees in the area. One of the large orchard had to rent many propane heaters and kept watering the trees (peach, orange, lemon, etc) to try to them. Hubby was to lazy and did not think it was needed and my poor lemon tree was half death and only produced 4 lemons this year.
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-09-2011, 06:08 PM   #769
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
how come snow is a regular verb but show, sow or know are irregular verbs?

These brits

Portuguese verbs conjugations is 12753265436724523542364 times worse.
worse than Spanish?

I still think English has too many exceptions to the rule which makes me want to murder somebody sometimes.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:08 PM   #770
country flag arm

So you do know what COLD meand. Me too, but just from Budapest and -14ºC there. Here in Coimbra if it's 8ºC everyone is freezing. People don't really know what cold is.

And how come you have a swimming pool but never invited me for a pool party?
Old 12-09-2011, 06:10 PM   #771
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
worse than Spanish?

I still think English has too many exceptions to the rule which makes me want to murder somebody sometimes.
Is that a serious question? Portuguese is one of the most difficult languages to learn, probably the 2nd most difficult in Europe only after hungarian. But hungarian is a whole other level, for some reason they say it's the only language that the devil respects.

As for spanish, a lot of people who speak both languages but neither is theier mother tongue often say that spanish is the easy and more spoken version of portuguese.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:14 PM   #772
country flag arm

Sounds logical.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:16 PM   #773
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
So you do know what COLD meand. Me too, but just from Budapest and -14ºC there. Here in Coimbra if it's 8ºC everyone is freezing. People don't really know what cold is.
-14°C is not COLD. When Jr. was born, the daily high was a bit above -30°C and overnight low was around -40. Now that's COLD After a cold spell like that in Calgary, -14 was supposed to be balmy Calgarians

Quote:
And how come you have a swimming pool but never invited me for a pool party?
Because we hardly use the pool You are welcome to burn yourself during summer here in that pool.

edit: That chart is a good one
Old 12-09-2011, 06:20 PM   #774
country flag arm

Quote:
-14°C is not COLD. When Jr. was born, the daily high was a bit above -30°C and overnight low was around -40. Now that's COLD After a cold spell like that in Calgary, -14 was supposed to be balmy Calgarians

Because we hardly use the pool You are welcome to burn yourself during summer here in that pool.

edit: That chart is a good one
So I don't know what cold is.

OK, if I am ever in Phoenix or near, I'll show up. And I will bring the ingredients to prepare caipirinhas. Nothing better during summer than spending a day by the pool drinking caipirinhas.

EDIT: wait I can think of something better. NOLE preparing the caipirinhas for me.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:20 PM   #775
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Really F*** up news here. A high school student had a nude pic of herself on her cellphone, in order to punish her and "teach her a lesson", the bf of her mother "tried to embarras" her by sending the pic to every contacts on her cellphone.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:23 PM   #776
country flag arm

Yesterday I was going crazy, like really crazy, so I was about to open a thread in NT for medical students. Luckly, I found something else to do and didn't go through with it.

These days NT is even worse than GM. I thought that wasn't possible.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:24 PM   #777
country flag arm

Quote:
Really F*** up news here. A high school student had a nude pic of herself on her cellphone, in order to punish her and "teach her a lesson", the bf of her mother "tried to embarras" her by sending the pic to every contacts on her cellphone.
The world is going crazy. I mean what's wrong with that guy? Is he 15 or something?
Old 12-09-2011, 06:33 PM   #778
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Yesterday I was going crazy, like really crazy, so I was about to open a thread in NT for medical students. Luckly, I found something else to do and didn't go through with it.
You can go crazy here

Quote:

These days NT is even worse than GM. I thought that wasn't possible.
Probably because it's off season now.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #779
country flag arm

I know.

I miss tennis. Where do you think Nole went for his vacation? I really want to know.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:48 PM   #780
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
I know.

I miss tennis. Where do you think Nole went for his vacation? I really want to know.
The paparazzi will find him and there will be pics soon
Closed Thread