Look, this is the new and improved djokoforum chat thread, you know?" - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 05:07 AM   #61
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The new (and improved) Djokoforum chat thread! Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Every time I think of flying somewhere, I choke on the prices. That’s a pretty good deal to Calgary all things considered.

Maybe we aren’t factoring in the greater distance. Is it about 1,000 miles to Calgary?

Nope, distance can’t be it.

1220 miles to Calgary. 914 miles between Paris and Portugal.
Distance have nothing to do with ticket price I was looking around for air tickets, In West Jet's site, on my return flight, if I fly from Calgary to Edmonton then to Phoenix, I will pay less. But, Edmonton is north of Calgary
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2011, 05:07 AM   #62
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
You need to fly a lot Last time I got on a plane was 2008 I think And I hate every minute but I have no choice since I flew back to Hong Kong
Do you hate the idea of flying or just being cooped up on the plane with the other people?

I don’t mind flying — the danger of it, that is. I just don’t like being in that tiny space with everybody else.

Probably more dangerous to be driving long distances than to fly really, but I can do 8 to 10 hours in a car easily, but 2 hours in a plane drives me nuts.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-02-2011, 05:10 AM   #63
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Distance have nothing to do with ticket price I was looking around for air tickets, In West Jet's site, on my return flight, if I fly from Calgary to Edmonton then to Phoenix, I will pay less. But, Edmonton is north of Calgary
I know some of it has to do with the popularity of the cities you fly between.

Now with the oil boom, there are direct flights between Houston and Grand Junction again. The direct flights are about $80 more than the 1 stop flights. (changing planes in Dallas)
Old 10-02-2011, 05:12 AM   #64
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
[

Do you hate the idea of flying or just being cooped up on the plane with the other people?

I don’t mind flying — the danger of it, that is. I just don’t like being in that tiny space with everybody else.

Probably more dangerous to be driving long distances than to fly really, but I can do 8 to 10 hours in a car easily, but 2 hours in a plane drives me nuts.
Airport security drives me nuts everytime. I hate crowding too but I can manage to stay inside my tiny bubble
Old 10-02-2011, 05:14 AM   #65
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Airport security drives me nuts everytime. I hate crowding too but I can manage to stay inside my tiny bubble
Oh, the security is so annoying. At least in a tiny airport like Grand Junction, it doesn’t take very long, but in Denver — it’s insane. The lines stretch forever. Houston is also crazy.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:22 AM   #66
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
I know some of it has to do with the popularity of the cities you fly between.

Now with the oil boom, there are direct flights between Houston and Grand Junction again. The direct flights are about $80 more than the 1 stop flights. (changing planes in Dallas)
Direct Flights are usually cost more and usually, it is cheaper if you stopover in the HUB of the airline. e.g. Before the cheapest for me to fly between Calgary and Phoenix is fly Delta with a stopover in SLC. Now, the cheapest is flying AA with a stopover in Dallas but this way, the 3 hours direct flight becomes 10 hours because Dallas is quit a detour

Anyway, in the West Jet case, neither Calgary nor Edmonton is the HUB for West Jet and the only explanation is hardly anyone fly between Edmonton and Phoenix while the demand is higher between Calgary and Phoenix.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:27 AM   #67
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Direct Flights are usually cost more and usually, it is cheaper if you stopover in the HUB of the airline. e.g. Before the cheapest for me to fly between Calgary and Phoenix is fly Delta with a stopover in SLC. Now, the cheapest is flying AA with a stopover in Dallas but this way, the 3 hours direct flight becomes 10 hours because Dallas is quit a detour

Anyway, in the West Jet case, neither Calgary nor Edmonton is the HUB for West Jet and the only explanation is hardly anyone fly between Edmonton and Phoenix while the demand is higher between Calgary and Phoenix.
It’s just so hard to figure out all the variables.

I hope your trip goes well.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:28 AM   #68
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Oh, the security is so annoying. At least in a tiny airport like Grand Junction, it doesn’t take very long, but in Denver — it’s insane. The lines stretch forever. Houston is also crazy.
Phoenix is one of the busiest airports in the country too. The madness starts at the curbside of the airport
Old 10-02-2011, 05:31 AM   #69
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
It’s just so hard to figure out all the variables.

I hope your trip goes well.
Thank You! But I am not betting on it especially I am flying US Airway I will arrive Calgary at midnight, then get a shuttle to the hotel and check in. I am so not looking for this.

At first, I looked for rental car from the airport. The extra fees for renting a car there are just ridiculous. It ended up the taxes and fees are higher than the cost of renting a car. Since the hotel has free shuttle service and there is car rental nearby, I instead rent a car there.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:27 AM   #70
country flag purpleyes

purpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond repute

If you want long security line, try las vegas....... I remember one time, after random pick, my borading pass got a "XXXX" sign, and got special treatment since. waited at special line, passed through strange machine ... took extra 30 mins. HATE IT !!!!
Old 10-02-2011, 08:20 AM   #71
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Jess, new car

The flight was expensive, but the tickets we too! Whole day tickets for tuesday and wedesnady was 37€ total. I am soo exceited!!
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-02-2011, 11:53 AM   #72
country flag SatineSalvatore

SatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond repute

I just came toy say.... Janko won...

And I'm so...

so...

fdhsjklhjkdsh

Now I DO want to get Tipsy e.e

Tyrion Lannister

Janko Tipsarevic / SRBIJA

TRUEbie. LOSTie. Oasis. Guns N' Roses. FC Barcelona. rest is optional

http://tuc-tuc-jankela.tumblr.com
SatineSalvatore is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-02-2011, 12:26 PM   #73
country flag purpleyes

purpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatineSalvatore View Post
I just came toy say.... Janko won...
I heard that he thanked Nole in his after match speech... I'm not sure though coz I have not seen it...
Old 10-02-2011, 04:35 PM   #74
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleyes View Post
If you want long security line, try las vegas....... I remember one time, after random pick, my borading pass got a "XXXX" sign, and got special treatment since. waited at special line, passed through strange machine ... took extra 30 mins. HATE IT !!!!
I won't fly to Las Vegas, that's for sure.

My worst nightmare was here in Phoenix. It was less than a year after 9/11 and I was going back to Calgary with my son who was 5 years old. I forgot to take the keychain out of my purse and was stopped to check for explosive They seperated me from my son and he did not understand what happened. He wandered away and I could not go after him other than shout. My hubby was on the other side of security (at that time, security check line was still wide open) and he did not know what happened and we both were worried to death.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:44 PM   #75
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
I won't fly to Las Vegas, that's for sure.

My worst nightmare was here in Phoenix. It was less than a year after 9/11 and I was going back to Calgary with my son who was 5 years old. I forgot to take the keychain out of my purse and was stopped to check for explosive They seperated me from my son and he did not understand what happened. He wandered away and I could not go after him other than shout. My hubby was on the other side of security (at that time, security check line was still wide open) and he did not know what happened and we both were worried to death.
Security isn’t really trained how to deal with children. Yet, children fly with their parents all the time. Also, woe betide the parent who wants to take juice and snacks on the flight to keep their child from screaming for the entire flight.
Closed Thread