FITD - Eurasian Autumn Circuit (1/7) - Bangkok *FINAL UPDATE congrats chowdahead25!!! - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-29-2011, 05:27 PM   #106
country flag Thunderfish8

Thunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FITD - Eurasian Autumn Circuit (1/7) - Bangkok *WEDNESDAY UPDATE

Round 2 LeaderBoard

Things to Notice:
-Our round 1 champ Fickelgruber has dropped some weight in the second round and sits at 12th currently
-Incredibly, d_s and blondie456 have managed to stay alive since all three of their correct first round picks were also correct in the second round. In fact, d_s has not lost either his finalist or champion yet
-Congrats to RNW and bandtree for being the highest second round scorers reeling in 75% (6 of 8) correct picks
-Yesterday's overall leader, *Jean*, has lost her finalist and as a result has dropped to 3rd today
-Today, the top players are even closer. The top 9 players are within 5 points of each other.

Quarterfinal Statistics

Things to Notice:
blondie456 can still get back into this game, being the only player to pick Go Soeda to reach the semifinals. If Soeda beats Young tomorrow, blondie456 might be saying goodbye to the bottom of the leaderboard.
jervisjames is the only player to pick Dodig and Andujar as semifinalists, and will suffer from their losses earlier this week.

Also, please take notice that if we decided to use scoring system A with this leaderboard, RNW and bandtree would be 100 points ahead of the next 7 players rather than 5 points ahead.

I was actually not expecting this to be so close, but since it is I am really starting to lean towards Option B, however i think jervisjames' Option D is also a valid option and have submitted it to the FITD board in addition to the first two options. The board has yet to get back to me on the final decision.

Berdych Monaco Granollers Troicki Roger-Vasselin Lu Paire

PAW Titles: Brisbane 2012 & 2014
FITD Titles: Marseille 2014
Tennis Tipping Titles
Singles: Orleans CH '11, Tampere CH '12, Medellin CH '12
Doubles: Noumea CH '13 w/ Chirag, Cherbourg CH '14 w/ BMT360
Thunderfish8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2011, 10:58 PM   #107
country flag ThierryH

ThierryH has a reputation beyond reputeThierryH has a reputation beyond reputeThierryH has a reputation beyond reputeThierryH has a reputation beyond reputeThierryH has a reputation beyond reputeThierryH has a reputation beyond reputeThierryH has a reputation beyond reputeThierryH has a reputation beyond reputeThierryH has a reputation beyond reputeThierryH has a reputation beyond reputeThierryH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FITD - Eurasian Autumn Circuit (1/7) - Bangkok *THURSDAY UPDATE W/ QF STATISTICS

I actually find the whole idea of this series unfair, why should the tournaments which you manage be more important for the ranking than the others at the same time or all the tournaments the rest of the year? Those who predict these couple of tournaments well will already get their reward with ranking points for these tournaments anyway.
ThierryH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:26 AM   #108

Thunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FITD - Eurasian Autumn Circuit (1/7) - Bangkok *THURSDAY UPDATE W/ QF STATISTICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThierryH View Post
I actually find the whole idea of this series unfair, why should the tournaments which you manage be more important for the ranking than the others at the same time or all the tournaments the rest of the year? Those who predict these couple of tournaments well will already get their reward with ranking points for these tournaments anyway.
I understand why you would feel that way. That's one of the things that I will be discussing with the FITD board over the next few weeks. We just want to try something new to help keep the game alive. If we decide to keep doing these throughout the next year then players will have to be consistent over the whole year.

We have also encountered the idea that ranking points are a lame reward. Please let me know if u have a better idea.

Tennis Tipping Titles
Old 09-30-2011, 08:04 PM   #109

Quarterfinals LeaderBoard

Congrats to the players who correctly picked all four semifinalists. There are so many of you that I am not going to name you all. Having that many people nail the four semifinalists is actually really impressive.

Semifinals Statistics

Tennis Tipping Titles
Old 09-30-2011, 08:53 PM   #110
country flag Eddy DoubleD

Eddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond repute

Allez Simon

Grigor Dimitrov | Bernard Tomic | Kei Nishikori | Ernests Gulbis
Jiri Vesely | Nick Kirgyos | Thanasi Kokkinakis | Alexander Zverev

[TT]: Singles - Entry #68 Doubles - Entry #159
[DTT]: Singles - Entry #30 Doubles - Entry #31
[FITD]: Entry #41 Race #37
[PAW]: Entry #21
[Suicide Tennis]: Entry #50 Race #48
[Challenger Challenge]: #8
Eddy DoubleD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:22 PM   #111
country flag Cava

Cava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond repute

I believe mine should be W-Monfils not W-Murray.
Thought I had done something crazy for a minute there.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:51 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cava View Post
I believe mine should be W-Monfils not W-Murray.
Thought I had done something crazy for a minute there.
hmm, yes that is a problem

simon and murray cannot both be in the final...

ur right, you did pick Monfils, i will fix in the next update, and i have already corrected the error on the spreadsheet,

Tennis Tipping Titles
Old 10-01-2011, 02:28 PM   #113

Semifinal LeaderBoard

bantree still leads, but if Murray wins, many will surpass him

Final Statistics

Tennis Tipping Titles
Old 10-01-2011, 02:44 PM   #114
country flag hyperren

hyperren has a reputation beyond reputehyperren has a reputation beyond reputehyperren has a reputation beyond reputehyperren has a reputation beyond reputehyperren has a reputation beyond reputehyperren has a reputation beyond reputehyperren has a reputation beyond reputehyperren has a reputation beyond reputehyperren has a reputation beyond reputehyperren has a reputation beyond reputehyperren has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FITD - Eurasian Autumn Circuit (1/7) - Bangkok *SEMIFINAL UPDATE

My draw imploded. LOL.

HUEY/INGLOT FTW!
TEAM PHILIPPINES: ARCILLA. ALCANTARA. GONZALES. HUEY. PATROMBON.
DJOKOVIC. NADAL. DEL POTRO.
Garcia-Lopez. Monaco. Nieminen.

Berta. Dzumhur. Baluda. Fernandes.

FITD: Current: 42/178 (18.02.13). Peak: 23/178 (08.10.12).
Suicide Tennis: Current: 67/190 (17.03.13). Peak: 53/186 (08.10.12).
hyperren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:29 PM   #115

Final LeaderBoard

congrats to chowdahead25

Tennis Tipping Titles
Old 10-02-2011, 03:36 PM   #116

Circuit LeaderBoard - After Bangkok

As you can all see, we decided to use Scoring Option B, which rewards you for every pick you make. With the exception of chowdahead25 who had an exceptionally good draw, the top 30 players are all within 100 points of each other. We did not want to ruin the fact that it is so close by using Option A. You will all receive ranking points for this individual tournament as listed in the tournament leaderboard, and this leaderboard starts the race to see who can accumulate the most points by November. Good Luck Everybody and thanks for your patience with the updates and for your support throughout this whole process

Congrats again to chowdahead25 and I hope to see you all next week in Tokyo for the second tournament of the EURASIAN AUTUMN CIRCUIT!!!

Tennis Tipping Titles
Old 10-03-2011, 04:03 AM   #117
country flag hyperren

hyperren has a reputation beyond reputehyperren has a reputation beyond reputehyperren has a reputation beyond reputehyperren has a reputation beyond reputehyperren has a reputation beyond reputehyperren has a reputation beyond reputehyperren has a reputation beyond reputehyperren has a reputation beyond reputehyperren has a reputation beyond reputehyperren has a reputation beyond reputehyperren has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FITD - Eurasian Autumn Circuit (1/7) - Bangkok *FINAL UPDATE congrats chowdahead2

I'm confused. Does this mean my results in KL don't count at all, or...?

HUEY/INGLOT FTW!

Old 10-03-2011, 04:19 AM   #118
country flag ESimp

ESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FITD - Eurasian Autumn Circuit (1/7) - Bangkok *FINAL UPDATE congrats chowdahead2

The Eurasian Autumn Circuit is only for the tournaments run over 7 weeks by Thunderfish.

The others tournaments will still be factored in for FITD points.
ESimp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:30 PM   #119
country flag hyperren

Ok. And... what do we get out of it? LOL. Or is this just a fun side-game?

HUEY/INGLOT FTW!

Old 10-03-2011, 06:31 PM   #120
country flag ESimp

ESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond repute

Fun side game with bonus points towards your ranking score at the end of the 7 weeks if you finish in the top 7
ESimp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote