FITD - Eurasian Autumn Circuit (1/7) - Bangkok *FINAL UPDATE congrats chowdahead25!!! - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-27-2011, 06:08 PM   #91
country flag Thunderfish8

Thunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FITD - Eurasian Autumn Circuit (1/7) - Bangkok

Day 2 LeaderBoard

congrats to Fickelgruber for being the only player with 8/10 correct picks
on a more serious note, what the hell happened to blondie456???? don't worry, you can still comeback and there are six other tournaments in the series

Round 2 Statistics

Just a note that only three people can receive points for Dimitrov's section in the second round because everybody else picked either dodig or gulbis to make it through. Thought that was interesting.
In addition, Chowdahead25 was the only player to pick Udomchoke to make it to the quarterfinals. Good luck Chowdahead!

Hope this update was more convenient in terms of timing. Yesterday's was kind of late.

Berdych Monaco Granollers Troicki Roger-Vasselin Lu Paire

PAW Titles: Brisbane 2012 & 2014
FITD Titles: Marseille 2014
Tennis Tipping Titles
Singles: Orleans CH '11, Tampere CH '12, Medellin CH '12
Doubles: Noumea CH '13 w/ Chirag, Cherbourg CH '14 w/ BMT360
Thunderfish8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2011, 02:19 AM   #92

Thunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond repute

Just a friendly reminder...
Next Week...
Is The Second Tournament
Of The Eurasian Autumn Circuit
in TOKYO, JAPAN.
It will play a significant role
in the series because it is worth
500 POINTS!!!
HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!

Tennis Tipping Titles
Old 09-28-2011, 04:52 AM   #93
country flag Fickelgruber

Fickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for daily update, Thunderfish8

Old 09-28-2011, 04:07 PM   #94

Looks like we almost just had our first major upset of the tournament. That would have screwed up pretty much everybody's draw. Luckily Simon pulled through in three. I'll just have to wait a bit longer to facilitate the misfortune of an upset... although I might not have to wait too long seeing as Haase is struggling with Nieminen and is in a first set tiebreak.

Tennis Tipping Titles
Old 09-28-2011, 04:16 PM   #95

I also would like to congratulate Fickelgruber for being the only player to correctly pick 75% of the first round matches (9 of 12). However, several players are on his tail with 8/12 picks.

In other news, all of you that have faith in Robin Haase can start worrying because play was suspended due to darkness after he lost the first set to Jarkko Nieminen.

***EDIT: THEY HAVE BEGUN THE SECOND SET, PLAY WAS NOT SUSPENDED BUT THE OPTION WAS CONSIDERED AND DISCUSSED. I doubt that Haase will be able to win tonight, he will either lose or have to play a third set tomorrow.

Tennis Tipping Titles
Old 09-28-2011, 05:04 PM   #96

Turns out we DO have a major upset on our hands as Robin Haase goes out to Jarkko Nieminen in two very close tiebreaks. Congrats to the 8 of you who predicted the upset. This deals an almost equally harsh blow to everyone's brackets as would have occurred if Simon had lost.

Tennis Tipping Titles
Old 09-28-2011, 06:56 PM   #97

LeaderBoard - Wednesday Update

Things to Notice:
-Fickelgruber kicked ass in the first round, but is struggling in the second round. He is seventh overall.
-*Jean* leads the second round as the only player to correctly pick all three matches so far, *Jean* is the only player to pick Garcia-Lopez as the finalist.
-Special shout out to Esimp for picking Nieminen as the finalist who upset Robin Haase today.
-This is turning out to be a very close tournament. The top 17 people are within 50 points of each other.
-3 players' champions have been eliminated (2 for Haase, 1 for Gulbis)

Tennis Tipping Titles
Old 09-28-2011, 07:15 PM   #98

Default Re: FITD - Eurasian Autumn Circuit (1/7) - Bangkok *WEDNESDAY UPDATE

This is just a public service announcement. The FITD board and I are still working out one more thing about the series and I thought I should let you all know what we are thinking about. I encourage you all to voice your opinions as this will have a huge influence on the series.

The Issue: SCORING

Option A: We use the FITD rankings system to add up your points (ex. the winner of Bangkok gets 250 points towards their total, 500 for Tokyo, 1000 for Shanghai etc.)
The only real issue with this system is that it is an equalizer. It prevents people from getting too spread out. Players' totals will be based on their relative ranking for each tournament, not the points they accumulate. So this begs the question, do we want a ranking system by tournament??

Option B: We simply add up every last point you acquire in your picks (ex. a perfect Bangkok bracket is worth 840 points while a perfect bracket in Tokyo is 1880 points).
The only issue with this system is that by Paris, the players might be so dispersed that there is no chance for the top 7 to be cracked. However, I like this option more because it rewards you for every last pick you make. I also like how the points would not only be affected by the type of tournament, but by the draw size. So this begs the question do we want a ranking system by picks??

Please voice your opinion. Do you want a series that is ranked by tournament or by individual picks???
The final decision is up to the FITD board, but your opinions will be considered.

Tennis Tipping Titles
Old 09-29-2011, 04:01 AM   #99
country flag jervisjames

jervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond repute

I like option B, as you may come 6th or 7th in a tournament but only miss out by say 30 points, with Option A, you would be a lot further away from the leader.

I'll throw in another 2 ways to consider.

C: The margin you have in points from the lowest point scorer (eg. you win with 840 and the lowest is 520: therefore you gain 320 points, last place gets 0 points.) This rewards high scoring but is reflective of the fields performance.

or

D: (we use this in a running series I used to belong to). First place gets 100 points, everyone else gets the % of the top scorer in points (rounded to nearest whole percent)... (eg. Top scorer is 840pts and gets 100 series points, bottom is 520pts and gets 520/840 x100% = 62 series points. 830pts gets 830/840 x100% = 99 series points) This I would prefer as it standardises all tournaments to be of equal value and is solely based on your performance in each tournament and not necessarily picking the winner in a 1000 point tournament which will give you a huge advantage. (also it might make for a very exciting ending with many players having a chance at the top 7 going into Paris!) (I really like this scoring format )

Last edited by jervisjames : 09-29-2011 at 04:08 AM.
jervisjames is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:35 AM   #100
country flag guyha4

guyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond repute

I like option A because it's like the ATP tour
you can do a nice result in 250 and it gives you less points than 3rd in grand slam..
it should be based on the tournament size

TT Doubles :
winner: Fergana CH 2011(w/ KittyTennis) , Marbella CH(w/Tal20)
guyha4 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:16 AM   #101
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

A.

DTT(D) : 2012 Nice & Eastbourne, Olympics Bronze, 2013 Indian Wells w/supertec
PAW    : 2012 Atlanta
Suicide: 2011 Barcelona*, 2012 U.S. Open*, WTF*, 2013 Gstaad, Winston-Salem*
TT(S)  : 2011 Szczecin CH, 2013 Miami & Stuttgart
TT(D)  : 2011 Eastbourne w/Blarghman, Pozoblanco CH w/MuriloBrasil, Genova CH w/ESimp, Szczecin CH w/Dexter,
         2012 Newport w/chowdaheads25, 2013 Memphis & Stuttgart w/Blarghman
FITD   : 2011 Kuala Lumpur, 2012 Kitzbühel, 2013/14 Monte Carlo
coolfish1103 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:30 PM   #102

just a note that scoring option B would actually be the equalizer at the moment because of how close everybody is to each other

option A would pull *Jean* who's only a couple points ahead in picks at the moment, 100 points ahead in the series

Tennis Tipping Titles
Old 09-29-2011, 02:59 PM   #103
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

I was about to say "A", it should mirror the ATP system. However, the ATP players are playing purely for themselves - results of other matches in a tournament are of no interest to the player who wins.

But here we are not just picking the tournament winner, we are picking for every match, so I guess I'll go with B.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:26 PM   #104

i just realized something very interesting.

let's say i picked murray to win the tournament and he did, but i got every other pick incorrect. that would give me one correct pick overall
20+25+45+60+100=250

Tennis Tipping Titles
Old 09-29-2011, 04:24 PM   #105
country flag Keech

Keech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond repute

I definitely think tournament size should be a factor as it's more difficult to predict larger tournaments (more matches, more margin for error), so I would not be in favour of jervisjames's option D.

My vote goes to option B.
Keech is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote