FITD - Eurasian Autumn Circuit (1/7) - Bangkok *FINAL UPDATE congrats chowdahead25!!! - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-26-2011, 02:44 PM   #76
country flag Thunderfish8

Thunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FITD - Eurasian Autumn Circuit (1/7) - Bangkok

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleGirl View Post
I'm surprised it's only 14, Sela can't win a match to save his life lately...

Thunderfish, the counts in the table don't always sum up to the same number...
i am still going through each person's picks one by one to root out spelling errors and spaces that people put after names because Tsonga with a space after it is not recognized as the same as Tsonga with no space

for example, i found two people that listed Garcia-Lopez as Garcia Lopez

i just wanted to get some statistics up to let you all know that im still here, i hate being thought of as that lazy manager who updates 12 hours late

i am currently at school, and trying to scan these picks without my teacher knowing so it might take a little while, but when i am done, i will repost the first round statistics as well as the day 1 leaderboard

at the same time, i'm also setting up a spreadsheet for the Eurasian Autumn Circuit leaderboard which will be posted regularly with daily leaderboards (obviously not for this tournament because they'll look pretty much identical)

thanks for your patience guys

Berdych Monaco Granollers Troicki Roger-Vasselin Lu Paire

PAW Titles: Brisbane 2012 & 2014
FITD Titles: Marseille 2014
Tennis Tipping Titles
Singles: Orleans CH '11, Tampere CH '12, Medellin CH '12
Doubles: Noumea CH '13 w/ Chirag, Cherbourg CH '14 w/ BMT360
Thunderfish8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2011, 02:46 PM   #77

Thunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond repute

Qualifiers Placed

Berrer plays Chiudinelli
Gulbis plays Bolelli
Bachinger plays Jones
Beck plays Soeda

Tennis Tipping Titles
Old 09-26-2011, 07:12 PM   #78

So something very peculiar has happened. I have searched through everybody's picks now and the statistics are fixed.
However, in Haase's 8th of the draw, one second round pick is not accounted for. This carries through the next rounds. Only 54 picks counted in Haase's 8th for the second round, 54 in Haase's quarter for the quarterfinals, 54 in Haase's half for the semifinals.
The really weird thing is that both Haase's and Nieminen's first round matches add up to 55 picks each and the final column adds up to 55 picks.

I've spent about 25 minutes looking through every single person's pick for that match for the problem but there does not seem to be any.

If anybody thinks they can figure out what the hell happened, I'd love to know.

In other news, I am currently working on the day 1 leaderboard and it will be up within the half hour.

Tennis Tipping Titles
Old 09-26-2011, 08:00 PM   #79

Day 1 LeaderBoard

good job FickelGruber and nickelS for being the only players to get three of four picks correct

Tennis Tipping Titles

Last edited by Thunderfish8 : 09-27-2011 at 12:53 AM.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:04 PM   #80

There. These should be correct... except for that bizarre mishap with the mysterious missing pick.

Tennis Tipping Titles

Last edited by Thunderfish8 : 09-27-2011 at 12:53 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:20 AM   #81
country flag Fickelgruber

Fickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for quick update

I don't understand your problem too

Old 09-27-2011, 02:39 AM   #82
country flag ESimp

ESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond repute

Possible problems:

Space at end of name
Misspelling of a name
Wrong name in the column
Excel doesn't like you and wants to make things difficult

Those are all I can think of, hope it isn't the last.
ESimp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:46 AM   #83
country flag Fickelgruber

Fickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond reputeFickelgruber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESimp View Post
Possible problems:

Space at end of name
Misspelling of a name
Wrong name in the column

This

Old 09-27-2011, 03:05 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESimp View Post
Possible problems:

Space at end of name
Misspelling of a name
Wrong name in the column

I'm gonna go with option D

Tennis Tipping Titles
Old 09-27-2011, 08:57 AM   #85
country flag jervisjames

jervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond repute

Thunder,
It's probably easier to highlight all rows from the beginning of round 1 to the end of the final (rows 109 to 144). Do a ctrl-F (or ctrl-R in Excel for Replace?) and in the "Search for" section put a single space, and in the "Replace with" section leave it blank. Then hit the "Replace All" button. This removes every space in the picks. So the only thing to then remember is not put spaces for the winners in Column A. (Ie. debakker not de bakker)
This saves LOTS of time, you don't have to search through every pick for every person.
I made sure that all formulae in the spreadsheet have no spaces, so you won't upset the scoring calculations at all.

For your Haase problem. Perhaps try a "Find" with Haase and include a space at the end of Haase, see if it can be found that way. Perhaps there is a Hasse that looks almost identical and is easy to miss. I sometimes will add a players name to the dictionary (right click the name), that way if there is an abnormality, the offending text will have a squiggly red line underneath.
jervisjames is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:12 AM   #86
country flag jervisjames

jervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond repute

Check Dudisela75's round 2 pick - Hasse
jervisjames is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:40 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by jervisjames View Post
Thunder,
It's probably easier to highlight all rows from the beginning of round 1 to the end of the final (rows 109 to 144). Do a ctrl-F (or ctrl-R in Excel for Replace?) and in the "Search for" section put a single space, and in the "Replace with" section leave it blank. Then hit the "Replace All" button. This removes every space in the picks. So the only thing to then remember is not put spaces for the winners in Column A. (Ie. debakker not de bakker)
This saves LOTS of time, you don't have to search through every pick for every person.
I made sure that all formulae in the spreadsheet have no spaces, so you won't upset the scoring calculations at all.

For your Haase problem. Perhaps try a "Find" with Haase and include a space at the end of Haase, see if it can be found that way. Perhaps there is a Hasse that looks almost identical and is easy to miss. I sometimes will add a players name to the dictionary (right click the name), that way if there is an abnormality, the offending text will have a squiggly red line underneath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jervisjames View Post
Check Dudisela75's round 2 pick - Hasse
I tried the whole find process, and afterwards I went through each pick individually. I guess after scanning the same picks a dozen times, Hasse blends in with the other 10 Haases surrounding it

Tennis Tipping Titles
Old 09-27-2011, 10:45 AM   #88

allright, i fixed the 2nd round stat issue as well as the semifinal missing picks (somebody, i think flynn25, spelled wrote Monfls as their semifinal pick), however, the quarterfinal missing pick (in Monfils' quarter) is still hiding from me. I am going to school in 10 minutes and will spend as much time possible searching for the mistake. If I don't find it then, I will try to root it out after school.

We should create a game just about finding the misspelled pick. Its actually really funny how it hides in there, but the difference between the wrong spelling and the right one is so subtle that they all look the same

Tennis Tipping Titles
Old 09-27-2011, 03:05 PM   #89
country flag Keech

Keech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderfish8 View Post
allright, i fixed the 2nd round stat issue as well as the semifinal missing picks (somebody, i think flynn25, spelled wrote Monfls as their semifinal pick), however, the quarterfinal missing pick (in Monfils' quarter) is still hiding from me. I am going to school in 10 minutes and will spend as much time possible searching for the mistake. If I don't find it then, I will try to root it out after school.

We should create a game just about finding the misspelled pick. Its actually really funny how it hides in there, but the difference between the wrong spelling and the right one is so subtle that they all look the same
Don't know if you caught this already or not Thunderfish, but chowdahead25 misspelled Monfils as Momfils. Would that be the missing QF pick?
Keech is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:57 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keech View Post
Don't know if you caught this already or not Thunderfish, but chowdahead25 misspelled Monfils as Momfils. Would that be the missing QF pick?
Yes keech. Thank you very much. Excel definitely hates me to make the error have the two letters that look the most alike.

I am about to post today's update. All statistics are now fixed.

Tennis Tipping Titles