Richard in the 2011 Eurasian indoors season: from Metz to Paris! - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-28-2011, 07:43 PM   #46
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Richard in the 2011 Eurasian indoors season: from Metz to Paris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
Thanks for the info, frankly, I feared that. It was obvious to see in Metz that he wasn't fully fit and only played to fulfil his obligation. That fifth rubber in Spain was defintely worth it.

Too bad that the second half of the season was spoiled by the ellbow. Sad as this withdrawal is, still better to withdraw than to carry on half injured and getting beaten.
Also when Richard was out injured this year he normally makes a successful comeback. Retired in Zagreb, he makes the Dubai SF and Indian Wells QF. He withdrew from Queens, makes the Wimbledon 4th round.

Agree on that, it's better to withdraw then carry on playing with the injury. Hopefully he's back for Shanghai!

[M.Safin] [T.Henman] [G.Rusedski] [A.Roddick]

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!

Last edited by ImmzB : 09-28-2011 at 07:49 PM.
ImmzB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2011, 09:42 PM   #47
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
Thanks for the info, frankly, I feared that. It was obvious to see in Metz that he wasn't fully fit and only played to fulfil his obligation. That fifth rubber in Spain was defintely worth it.
And so was the first rubber Wish Richard would be more selfish and pay more attention to his needs instead of DC or even his friends in Metz. But that's just the kind of guy he is.

Everyone including Richard, downplayed the elbow but NOW we know it was worse than reported. Guess I have to take back SOME (not all) of my negative posts about RIchard's poor attitude on court the last few weeks.

TIme to figure out what's up with that elbow, it's been a nagging injury for several years. Hopefully it heals in time to play a few tournaments to close out the year - how frustrating for him .
Schu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:32 AM   #48
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

It was the elbow that stopped his momentum during his breakthrough year

Anyway, regarding DC, I think he needed to play to remain in the running for the Olympics?
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:56 AM   #49
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite View Post
regarding DC, I think he needed to play to remain in the running for the Olympics?
He played against Germany - how many times does he need to play? thought it was just once during the year

Bad timing for the elbow as a lot of the top guys are not playing the next few tournaments with injuries.
Schu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:21 AM   #50
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
He played against Germany - how many times does he need to play? thought it was just once during the year

Bad timing for the elbow as a lot of the top guys are not playing the next few tournaments with injuries.
I thought it was twice since 2008 or something like that
Old 09-30-2011, 11:43 AM   #51
country flag nalbyfan
Banned!

nalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Will he be able to play Shanghai ?
nalbyfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:48 AM   #52
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalbyfan View Post
Will he be able to play Shanghai ?
According to the entry list on the tournament's thread, he is already out, but I did not find confirmation elsewhere.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:12 PM   #53
country flag Gagsquet
Banned!

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond repute

Eh guys you remembered this match against Verdasco in DC.
Great match. Glad he played it...
Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:56 PM   #54
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute

The French sites have reported that Monfils will miss Shanghai but nothing on Richard! It's frustrating with the lack of information which is given when Richard is injured.

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 10-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #55
country flag ImmzB

http://www.eurosport.fr/tennis/shang...lashnews.shtml

Quote:
Gasquet également forfait

Déjŕ forfait ŕ Pékin, Richard Gasquet a renoncé ŕ participer au Masters 1000 de Shanghai en raison d'un coude douloureux depuis la fin de l'US Open. Son forfait s'ajoute ŕ ceux de Gaël Monfils et Roger Federer.

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 10-05-2011, 12:39 PM   #56
country flag silverwhite

Literally from Metz to Paris
Old 10-05-2011, 02:47 PM   #57
country flag case

case has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond repute

so are we thinking that there wont be much else before the new year? paris is a maybe? please before the australian. I am missing gasquet.
case is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:13 PM   #58
country flag ImmzB

Quote:
Originally Posted by case View Post
so are we thinking that there wont be much else before the new year? paris is a maybe? please before the australian. I am missing gasquet.
With the lack of information being received regarding Richard's elbow we don't know how serious it is therefore we don't know if he will play again this season.

Hopefully he can make Vienna which would of gave him 4 weeks of rest.

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!

Last edited by ImmzB : 10-05-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:43 PM   #59
country flag mukado

mukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond repute

Shanghai would have been a very very long trip. The decision could have been different if in Europe.
It's a good decision, the bad decision was to play DC and Metz
mukado is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #60
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukado View Post
It's a good decision, the bad decision was to play DC and Metz
You know very well that the French media would have killed him, had he withdrawn from DC.

Today the usual French sites, l'Equipe, RMC and WLT also had the news of Richard's withdrawal from Shanghai, but no word about the seriousness of the injiury or his plans for the rest of the year.

I think there are two possibilities. Either the ellbow is worse than he thought before, or he really wants to make an effort at the end of the year, notably in Bercy and saves himself the journey to China to be ready for that.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Last edited by Puschkin : 10-06-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Puschkin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote