Novak News & Interviews Vol.2 - Page 82 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #1216
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News & Interviews Vol.2

Djokovic:"The plan is to play Davis Cup for Serbia"

team captain just has to pray there is no 5 1/2 hours SF followed by 6 hours F in Australian Open
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 05:21 AM   #1217
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

So it's not 100% he'll be available for DC?

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
Old 01-16-2013, 04:13 PM   #1218
country flag appleGirl

appleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond repute

I assume they'll nominate him anyway, but he might not play if Australia is too taxing.

TT Singles: 105 (Best: 80) 2011: Fürth CH W, Izmir CH W, Seoul CH W, Sao Jose Do Rio Preto CH W; 2012: Tiburon CH W
TT Doubles: 48 (Best: 42) 2011: Izmir CH W (w/ Mahqz); 2012: US Open SF (w/Mahqz), Tiburon CH W (w/Mahqz), Antalya Fut W (w/Mahqz); 2013: Winston Salem W (w/Mahqz), US Open SF (w/Mahqz)
No.1vak Djokovic!

"Is something unbelievable how he returns, no? His return probably is one of the best of the history. That's my opinion, no? I never played against a player who's able to return like this. Almost every time." - R. Nadal about N. Djokovic
appleGirl is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:24 AM   #1219
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic, Sampras to pair up

Novak Djokovic will team with his idol Pete Sampras to play Bob and Mike Bryan in a doubles exhibition on March 4 at UCLA's Pauley Pavilion.

Djokovic, the world's top-ranked player, also will play Mardy Fish in a singles match, and an opening singles match between two other players will be announced later for the event billed as the Los Angeles Tennis Challenge.

The three pro-set matches will be played days before the start of the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells, Calif. Fish and retired player and current broadcaster Justin Gimelstob are co-hosts.

Proceeds from the event will benefit charities of Gimelstob, Fish and Djokovic, along with Call of Cure and the Southern California Tennis Association's community initiatives.
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:51 AM   #1220
country flag Amber Spyglass

Location: "I think we are in rats alley,where the dead men lost their bones"
Amber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond repute

Interview with a couple of guests who were at the Necker Island event: http://lifetimefitness.mylt.com/comm...012-necker-cup

Quote:
Trista Fredell and Amy McCarthy Have Experience of a Lifetime at 2012 Necker Cup

Trista Fredell and Amy McCarthy enjoyed beautiful scenery, fabulous activities and priceless court time with the pros during the 2012 Necker Cup from Dec. 9-13 on Necker Island, Sir Richard Branson’s private island in the British Virgin Islands. The duo earned a spot in the Pro-Am tournament by beating out seven other teams from across the country in the Life Time Necker Cup Challenge at Life Time Fitness Colorado Springs in November.

Amy and Trista were partnered with Mark Philippoussis in the tournament, and they met the Bryan brothers, Novak Djokovic, Tommy Haas, Mark Knowles, Mike Russell, John McEnroe, Cedric Pioline and Sir Richard Branson. Additional perks of the trip included the Virgin Unite Leadership Retreat, private breakfast with the president of Costa Rica, an end-of-the-world party featuring the Bryan brothers rocking out with Counting Crows drummer Jim Bogios and a four-night stay at the all-inclusive Rosewood Little Dix Bay, where Amy and Trista’s husbands played in the Rosewood Little Dix Bay Legends Tennis Camp.

The ladies also walked away with Life Time and Necker swag, customized tennis racquets, tennis accessories, an autographed Branson book and art by Stephen Gamson. Read the interview below to learn about their Necker Cup experience and view the 2012 Necker Cup album to see photos from their trip.

What are some of the activities you participated in while on Necker Island?
Amy: We did a Hobie Cat race with Sir Richard Branson captaining and Novak Djokovic, Jelena Ristic, Gordon Uehling and Rehana Uehling in the boat with us. It was crazy because a lot of big waves crashed over us. Once we got around Necker and were close to the shore, Richard playfully pushed Jelena overboard. Once Novak realized what happened he jumped in to rescue her. It was very sweet.

Trista: We also swam, hiked, played tennis, fed lemurs and danced.

What was your favorite activity and why?
Amy: I loved playing with the pros. They were very sweet and kept the ball in play, leaving it up to the amateurs on the court to win the point. I actually won four out of five matches and even beat Novak Djokovic. It was the thrill of my life.

Trista: Getting to know all the pros and amateurs. So many amazing, nice people!

What was it like to play in the Necker Cup?
Amy: The entire experience from winning the tournament in the U.S. to the final party on the beach was perfect.

Trista: Fantastic. The pros were often kinder to us on the court than the amateurs, who would try to kill it and end the point! Mark Philippoussis was super sweet, and we couldn't have asked for a better partner in the event. My best match was against Tommy Haas; I aced him to win the game. Really, can it get better than that?

What advice did the pros give you?
Amy: Mark told both Trista and me that we needed to stop the slice on our forehand and work on our top spin.

Trista: Top spin, top spin, top spin. Mark was very happy with my serve though and he loved when I aced Tommy.

How has this experience helped you improve your tennis game?
Amy: By giving us confidence that we can win.

Trista: I am inspired to actually get really, really good. Gordon and Mark are going to help me. Watch out Serena!

What are some of your tennis goals for 2013?
Amy: We both just moved up to 4.0, so I would love to continue to win at that level.

Trista: Get back to Necker Island in 2013!

Is there anything else you’d like to add about the trip or the overall Necker experience?
Amy: I also got to learn how to kite surf, which is something I have always wanted to try. It was so fun, and they had a lot of great instructors on Necker Island.

Trista: Watch out for Richard Branson — he's a great tennis player, dancer and host. Everyone should enter this event for the chance to win an experience of a lifetime.

In addition to providing an unforgettable adventure for Amy and Trista, the Necker Cup raised more than $500,000 in a silent auction that included an Australian Open VIP experience, one-hour hitting sessions with tennis legends like Andre Agassi, merchandise signed by the pros and much more. All auction proceeds support Virgin Unite, the National Tennis Foundation and other leading ATP player charities.

Life Time Tennis works with the National Tennis Foundation, a charitable organization that funds tuition for athletically gifted children who would not otherwise have access to Life Time Athletic at Peachtree Corners, a full-time tennis academy. Children receive proper training, schooling, nutritional education, fitness and more to help them achieve their tennis goals. NTF received 10 percent of the Necker Cup profits on top of the auction proceeds.
Amber Spyglass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:01 AM   #1221
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the article, Amber

Quote:
Once we got around Necker and were close to the shore, Richard playfully pushed Jelena overboard. Once Novak realized what happened he jumped in to rescue her. It was very sweet.
Jelena is not so fond of the sea from what I remembered the pictures I saw of her.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #1222
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.b92.net/sport/tenis/maste...&nav_id=679648

Translation on the fly:

The best tennis player in the world, Novak Djokovic, said after beating Tomas Berdych and reaching the semi finals that he needed such a triumph.

Djokovic beat Berdych 6:1, 4:6, 6:1 and 6:4, after 151 minutes of play. His only bad period in the match was during the second set.

I needed a victory like this, especially after such a difficult game against Wawrinka. The atmosphere was excellent, and although I finished this match in less time than the previous one, I knew it was going to be difficult against Tomas. He has been among the best ten tennis players in the world for years, he has a great serve, I was aware of his strengths, but I played my best tennis and I am satisfied.

Novak pointed out he was satisfied with with his recovery after his five hour match with Stanislas Wawrinka in round four:

You need a lot of time to recuperate after such a match, which was taxing both physically and mentally. I did everything I could do, but I didn't go to sleep until five o'clock in the morning and I didn't wake up until two in the afternoon. I did not go on my usual morning walk, I tried to rest up. That's why I felt great before the beginning of this match and why I was completely ready, Djokovic said.

Djokovic will play in the semi finals against David Ferrer.
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #1223
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

From AO site

Djoke's on Berd

Written By Alexandra Willis
Tuesday, 22 January, 2013

It was the battle of the high street fashion brands. Novak Djokovic in Uniqlo taking on Tomas Berdych in H&M.

But the shared ethos behind the top seed and fifth seed’s clothing was about all there was in common between Djokovic and Berdych on Tuesday night, with the defending champion progressing to his 11th consecutive Grand Slam semifinal with a 6-1 4-6 6-1 6-4 victory.

Djokovic, who had less than 48 hours to recover from his five hour and two minute survival against Stanislas Wawrinka, practically sprinted through the early exchanges on Rod Laver Arena, breaking the big Berdych serve three times to win the first set in just 28 minutes.

“In the situations where you play a Grand Slam where you have to be ready for five-hour matches, and then of course if you go through those matches you have to be ready to recover in just a day and a half time,” Djokovic said.

“I have a great team of people around me that are doing the best they can in their expertise to make me feel ready physically, mentally, emotionally, every match, every challenge.”

With Berdych looking as blank as his new white shirt, there seemed to be no danger that Djokovic would be on the court for even a fraction as long as he was on Sunday night.

“I tried to get the work done as fast and efficient as possible,” Djokovic said.

“I was very happy with the way I started the match.”

But Berdych, a 2012 Davis Cup champion, did not upset Roger Federer at Wimbledon in 2010 by fluke.

Taking advantage of a lull in Djokovic’s energy, the Czech fashioned a break of his own, and even had two points for a double break and a 4-1 lead in the second set. The Serb staved them off, and, as Berdych served for the set at 5-3, Djokovic threatened to do just what he had done against Wawrinka and snatch it from under the Czech’s white cap.

Turning defence into attack in the manner for which he has become so revered, Djokovic made life distinctly uncomfortable for the fifth seed, but Berdych clung on.

Losing the second set was like putting a booster in Djokovic’s engine. The No.1 seed, in no mood to hang about, roared into a 5-0 lead in the third set, and, despite one of the rallies of the match, served it out by the same scoreline as the first.

“One set was not enough,” said Berdych despondently. “I didn’t quite come up with my best game and that’s what was deciding today. I was not able to be aggressive enough.”

With his eye firmly on bedtime by midnight, Djokovic forced the Berdych errors on forehand and backhand to break in the third game of the fourth set, and didn’t let go.

The Czech saved three match points, Djokovic missing two backhands and Berdych finding a forehand winner, but it was immaterial in the end. Sending his 10th ace down the T, the three-time champion raised his arms to the Melbourne sky in a less emphatic display of celebration than his shirt-ripping on Sunday.

With the win, not only does Djokovic keep alive his dream of becoming the first man to win three successive titles at Melbourne Park, he also ensures that whether he wins or loses to David Ferrer in Thursday’s semifinal, he will remain as the world No.1 when this tournament concludes.

He certainly played like the top dog tonight.

Last edited by Lee : 01-22-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:34 PM   #1224
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post

Djoke's on Berd
[/size]

It was the battle of the high street fashion brands. Novak Djokovic in Uniqlo taking on Tomas Berdych in H&M.

With Berdych looking as blank as his new white shirt.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old 01-22-2013, 06:32 PM   #1225
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Someone pointed out in GM that Berdych said Nole is a hero. Can anyone please post that interview?

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic provisional nº2

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:35 PM   #1226
country flag Noleta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Someone pointed out in GM that Berdych said Nole is a hero. Can anyone please post that interview?
Think it was a tweet or something

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old 01-22-2013, 06:39 PM   #1227
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
There you go.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:03 PM   #1228
country flag NID

NID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond repute

wtf was that about?
NID is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #1229
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say I thought nothing would be more silly than choosing Uniqlo... but then today I found out Berdych is H&M now...
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:04 PM   #1230
country flag NID

NID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond repute

he looks like he was dressed by the salvation army...
NID is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote