Novak News & Interviews Vol.2 - Page 74 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-17-2012, 02:13 AM   #1096
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News & Interviews Vol.2

[Cincinnati] August 16, 2012: R3 vs Davydenko 6-0, (ret.)

Q. You said that that's not a way that you want to advance. Can you just talk about that? Did you notice that his shoulder was giving him trouble during the time you played?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, the first time I noticed that something is wrong is during his second service game in the match, 3-Love for me. His first serves didn't go over 90 miles per hour, so something obviously was wrong with his shoulder. You know, it's unfortunate. It was a night session match and many people came to watch. Obviously I was also expecting a good and interesting and tough match. It's the way it is. Hopefully he recovers for the US Open.

Q. Can you talk about how it's going with Marián Vajda on vacation, is Dusan Vemic being promoted? Is it a different dynamic with you guys when the head coach isn't here?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, you know, I know Dusan for very long time, since I was five, six year old boy playing in Partizan Tennis Club back in Belgrade, back then he was, you know, one of our best players in Serbia. So we are friends for a while. You know, he stopped his career last year. We talked. You know, he joined the team. Marián is still the head coach, of course, but he can't travel as much full time as he did in last couple of years.
So when he's not able, Dusan comes in and he covers some of the tournaments. There are also tournaments where we're all together, where there are both of them working together. It's a great understanding between them and between us. I have pleasure working with both of them.

Q. There was an article that came out recently that shared you have been working with a doctor who was changing your diet, giving you books to recommend, whatnot. Can you elaborate on that a little bit?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, look, you know, I have worked with different people throughout my career, and he was one of them. He had his contribution to the success that we had, but not as much that everybody claims.
He was not the miracle person, you know. There was no secrets, even though everybody was trying to figure out what is the secret of the run that I had there, what am I using. But it's actually the work that I put into all these years and, you know, mentally it all came together for me. It was just one piece of the big puzzle.

Q. Can you take anything out of that match tonight, or do you just have to put it to one side because of the way it went?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, look, you know, for me, in a way it's good to stay as short as possible on the court because I have had a lot of tennis in the last couple of weeks. So, you know, obviously I don't want to win with injury of my opponent, but in this moment I try to gather as much energy as I can and save as much energy as I can and take one day actually at a time.
I'm not really trying to think, you know, in advance during this week, because I know that I'm not the freshest player in this tournament, you know, so that's why I'm trying to take it step by step.

Q. For the US Open, they play fifth set tiebreaks which is different from the rest of the slams. What do you think about that?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: For me it's fine, really, both ways. I have played once I think in my career in US Open fifth-set tiebreak. It was against Stepanek I think 2000 -- was it 7 or 8? I remember we went the distance, a long match. Then you have obviously the opposite of that in Wimbledon where you have no tiebreaks and Mahut and Isner played 11 hours.
So you can look at it from different perspectives and see. You obviously wouldn't have a history in making in last year if you had tiebreaker in last set in Wimbledon. So from that point of view, it's good to have no tiebreaks and maybe eventually get players to go the distance. But on the other hand, maybe it's good for the players and for bigger picture to have the tiebreak, because then after the match like that you can't recover and then most likely you're going to finish the tournament in next round.

Q. You have had a lot of success in New York and have enjoyed the tournament a fair amount. If you could change one thing about the US Open to make it into your dream US Open, what would that one thing be?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I don't know if I should say that, but the roof on center court. (Laughter.)
No, the US Open is already doing a great job. You know, it's one of the biggest tournaments in the world. Entertainment-wise, it's the best. You know, the night sessions there are very unique, you know, people are getting into it. It's very entertaining for players. You know, the US Open already has for previous years a tradition of Monday finals, and hopefully the weather is going to serve us this time.

Q. When you talked about everything came together for you mentally not too long ago, is that a result of match results or things off the court or a combination?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, you know, I think it was many things combined really, because I did go through the stage of my career where I was doubting if I can really reach my lifetime goals to be No. 1, to win Wimbledon and many Grand Slams. Obviously I had a very strong competition with Rafa and Roger. I was very consistent with my results, but I just wasn't managing to make that final step because they were so dominant.
You know, I figured some things out. I matured and got better on and off the court and realized what I need to do. That's how it all came together.

Q. Your countryman, Viktor, likes to go to King's Island roller coaster. What do you like to do in Cincinnati and what do you like to do in New York?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I know he's an adventure seeker. I have joined him once I think four or five years ago, and I think I'll let it be. That's the only time. It's exciting, it's adrenaline rush, but I'm not into roller coasters too much. I prefer staying on the ground.
Well, you know, it's tough because, you know, especially coming in from Canada late, you can't do really much. We're not really in Cincinnati. We are outside in Mason, so we're playing every day and there is not much time and energy to spend on the other things.

Q. Once things finish for you this tournament - and next week is a non-tournament week for you - what will you do? Obviously you're saying you're not fresh and that's true with the amount you've played, but with the first couple of days next week will you do absolutely nothing, and I mean really nothing, or will you pick up a racquet, do any sort of gym work?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, it all depends again how far I'm going in this tournament. We have different plans, different schedules, depending on this week with a team. The rest of the team is joining us in New
York. I'm looking forward to the week of practice and resting, to be honest. Yes, opening couple days of the week I will just try to recover as much as I can, gather my strength, and then work and get ready for US Open.

- Which article is the reporter talking about?
- You don't like riding a rollercoaster? But you seem to firmly believe we love it. How ironic is that?
- Who da thunk a press conference of a '30mins, 6-0 (Ret.)' match would be this long.
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #1097
country flag appleGirl

appleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond repute

There was a "deep" profile of Cetojevic's work with Nole somewhere in the American (I think) press, that's probably that article. But how silly is it to ask about it now?

TT Singles: 105 (Best: 80) 2011: Fürth CH W, Izmir CH W, Seoul CH W, Sao Jose Do Rio Preto CH W; 2012: Tiburon CH W
TT Doubles: 48 (Best: 42) 2011: Izmir CH W (w/ Mahqz); 2012: US Open SF (w/Mahqz), Tiburon CH W (w/Mahqz), Antalya Fut W (w/Mahqz); 2013: Winston Salem W (w/Mahqz), US Open SF (w/Mahqz)
No.1vak Djokovic!

"Is something unbelievable how he returns, no? His return probably is one of the best of the history. That's my opinion, no? I never played against a player who's able to return like this. Almost every time." - R. Nadal about N. Djokovic
appleGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:22 PM   #1098
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Nice interview,and no avoiding technique this time
Old 08-17-2012, 09:45 PM   #1099
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

[Cincinnati] August 17, 2012: QF vs Cilic 6-3, 6-2

Q. Pretty comfortable out there?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, it was best match so far here in this tournament. Came in the right moment, really. I had the biggest challenge today with Cilic who has been playing well the last couple of months. Played a really good match.

Q. Your next opponent has handed you I think maybe your two toughest losses emotionally speaking in the last year. Can you tell us a little bit about how you recover from a tough loss mentally and emotionally when the circumstances are bigger like Davis Cup and Olympics?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, look, you know, as a tennis player you kind of get used to losing and, you know, trying to bounce back and recover from that, because our schedule and our sport is that way that we have to be ready to lose every single week, you know, in some way.
But, you know, in all these losses it made me stronger. And, yes, they are difficult, especially when you're playing for a country and when you're in Olympic Games and we're fighting for bronze medal.
He won that match. It happens. It's a sport. You lose, you win, but the most important thing is to try to move on and become even better and even stronger from those experiences and try to win. So tomorrow will be my opportunity to win against him.

Q. Is the bronze medal match something you put to one side, or is it still very fresh in your mind?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No, I already put it aside. As a tennis player I have to do that.

Q. You're starting to get up in matches again as you were last year with the Olympics and the schedule and everything. How are you feeling physically at this point compared to last year?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, again, I have to say for I don't know which time, I'm not comparing last year to this year. I really don't like to compare it because every year is different. Every season brings new challenges, new experiences, and just new ambitions really. Right now in this present moment where I'm trying to be, I feel good. I have had a lot of matches in the last couple of weeks, so I'm trying to take it really step by step. Obviously I want to win every match that I play on. There is no doubt about that. And then try to get really fit and ready for US Open.

Q. You said a couple of days ago that you weren't feeling so fresh because of all the tennis. When you have a win like you did today against Marin, how much does that lift you and make you feel fresh?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, there is a lot concerning your physical situation, obviously, which can be affected by the amount of matches that you play, but also a lot comes from your head, you know, from the way, you know, you're mentally ready or not ready and if you're positive in your mindset or not. Definitely winning matches can bring you necessary confidence to feel good about yourself on and off the court. So right now, that is where I am.

Q. How much do you think about head-to-heads? Like after the match today, the emcee out there mentioned the head-to-head with Cilic and with Del Potro as I think 4-2 or something like that. Is that something you give a lot of thought to before the match?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, not too much, even though I try always to analyze my opponents and always prepare myself with my team tactically what is the best way to win the match. We usually, you know, watch videos from the matches that we played at the recent time, so that's all we focus on.

Q. Your friend Marat Safin is now in Russian Parliament. Have you ever thought long term of politics?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I haven't thought about that, to be honest. (Smiling.) I believe that I can, as an athlete and as somebody that has this privilege to represent his country, you know, still have the opportunity after my career is done to do something for my country aside politics, you know, because I believe there is always a way. So we'll see. Right now during my active career I just want to be focused as a tennis player.

Q. You played a lot of Davis Cup for Serbia over the years, and of course you're a champion. Given your schedule last year playing so many matches you didn't play so much; are you looking to play Davis Cup for Serbia going forward?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yes, you know, last two years haven't played much. Had a tough schedule, but I spoke to my national captain during the Olympic Games. He asked me if I will be available to play Davis Cup and I said yes. I'm really looking forward going back to the team and try to get it another title.

‏@crosscourt1: JUST IN: Boycott The Expendables 2. Novak Djokovic just told me they've cut his scene from the film. Poor guy. He was told 2 weeks ago only. Can't believe they left Novak Djokovic on the cutting room floor in The Expendables 2. What's that about being expendable? That's too bad.

Heard about this last night. So they wasted his time for nothing? Then again, the scene looked rather lame to be honest. No complaints from me.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:01 AM   #1100
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhrat View Post
[Cincinnati] August 17, 2012: QF vs Cilic 6-3, 6-2

Q. Pretty comfortable out there?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, it was best match so far here in this tournament. Came in the right moment, really. I had the biggest challenge today with Cilic who has been playing well the last couple of months. Played a really good match.

Q. Your next opponent has handed you I think maybe your two toughest losses emotionally speaking in the last year. Can you tell us a little bit about how you recover from a tough loss mentally and emotionally when the circumstances are bigger like Davis Cup and Olympics?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, look, you know, as a tennis player you kind of get used to losing and, you know, trying to bounce back and recover from that, because our schedule and our sport is that way that we have to be ready to lose every single week, you know, in some way.
But, you know, in all these losses it made me stronger. And, yes, they are difficult, especially when you're playing for a country and when you're in Olympic Games and we're fighting for bronze medal.
He won that match. It happens. It's a sport. You lose, you win, but the most important thing is to try to move on and become even better and even stronger from those experiences and try to win. So tomorrow will be my opportunity to win against him.

Q. Is the bronze medal match something you put to one side, or is it still very fresh in your mind?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No, I already put it aside. As a tennis player I have to do that.

Q. You're starting to get up in matches again as you were last year with the Olympics and the schedule and everything. How are you feeling physically at this point compared to last year?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, again, I have to say for I don't know which time, I'm not comparing last year to this year. I really don't like to compare it because every year is different. Every season brings new challenges, new experiences, and just new ambitions really. Right now in this present moment where I'm trying to be, I feel good. I have had a lot of matches in the last couple of weeks, so I'm trying to take it really step by step. Obviously I want to win every match that I play on. There is no doubt about that. And then try to get really fit and ready for US Open.

Q. You said a couple of days ago that you weren't feeling so fresh because of all the tennis. When you have a win like you did today against Marin, how much does that lift you and make you feel fresh?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, there is a lot concerning your physical situation, obviously, which can be affected by the amount of matches that you play, but also a lot comes from your head, you know, from the way, you know, you're mentally ready or not ready and if you're positive in your mindset or not. Definitely winning matches can bring you necessary confidence to feel good about yourself on and off the court. So right now, that is where I am.

Q. How much do you think about head-to-heads? Like after the match today, the emcee out there mentioned the head-to-head with Cilic and with Del Potro as I think 4-2 or something like that. Is that something you give a lot of thought to before the match?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, not too much, even though I try always to analyze my opponents and always prepare myself with my team tactically what is the best way to win the match. We usually, you know, watch videos from the matches that we played at the recent time, so that's all we focus on.

Q. Your friend Marat Safin is now in Russian Parliament. Have you ever thought long term of politics?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I haven't thought about that, to be honest. (Smiling.) I believe that I can, as an athlete and as somebody that has this privilege to represent his country, you know, still have the opportunity after my career is done to do something for my country aside politics, you know, because I believe there is always a way. So we'll see. Right now during my active career I just want to be focused as a tennis player.

Q. You played a lot of Davis Cup for Serbia over the years, and of course you're a champion. Given your schedule last year playing so many matches you didn't play so much; are you looking to play Davis Cup for Serbia going forward?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yes, you know, last two years haven't played much. Had a tough schedule, but I spoke to my national captain during the Olympic Games. He asked me if I will be available to play Davis Cup and I said yes. I'm really looking forward going back to the team and try to get it another title.

‏@crosscourt1: JUST IN: Boycott The Expendables 2. Novak Djokovic just told me they've cut his scene from the film. Poor guy. He was told 2 weeks ago only. Can't believe they left Novak Djokovic on the cutting room floor in The Expendables 2. What's that about being expendable? That's too bad.

Heard about this last night. So they wasted his time for nothing? Then again, the scene looked rather lame to be honest. No complaints from me.
How you know if you didn't watch the scene?
Anyway, it's an insult and lack of respect for someone as important as Novak Djokovic.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic provisional nş2

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:45 PM   #1101
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Awww i wonder why they did it,all this hype of him filming a scene,for nothing
Old 08-18-2012, 09:39 PM   #1102
country flag shuhrat

[Cincinnati] August 18, 2012: SF vs Del Potro 6-3, 6-2

Q. You've saved all the break points against Juan Martin today and have done a remarkable job all season long and last year. What goes through your head with respect to break points and trying save them?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Try to step into the court and take my chances, you know. It's what I have been trying to do in last couple of years. Obviously sometimes it works, sometimes not, but it's been working quite often for me actually in last two weeks. I'm happy for that. When you are in the situation of break point down, it makes you focus more and makes you be more aggressive. So that's something that I always look forward to.

Q. Juan Martin has been talking about his wrist problem the last couple days. He said earlier on that he did consider retiring from the match, but because you're a close friends, because of the sponsors, the crowd, he elected to continue playing. When you see the US Open as just around the corner, would you have taken such a risk?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, look, you know, right now I'm not in that position so I can't really speak in that matter. But, you know, it's really nice from him to be able to continue and finish the match. It was sportsman like. He's a great player and a great person.

Q. You were in a similar position last year obviously in Cincinnati. I thought it was interesting, because tough bind, right? What do you do if you're not in 100% shape, especially for the final? Do you withdraw before the final and people get no match?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: As I said, I'm not in that position; I was last year. I retired the match because it just was getting worse from that point on for my shoulder. Obviously US Open around the corner makes you worry if year going to recover or not. I think I actually in last two days just before the start of US Open I started serving. So it took me a while to really get my shoulder in a right condition in order to play. So turned out to be a good thing in the end.

Q. You had one of the best years in the history of tennis last year, and obviously pretty difficult to duplicate that this year. What are the biggest differences between this year and last year?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, every year is different. I learn a lot from 2011. I have experienced the best six months of my career by far losing only one match up to hard court season, and then, you know, winning US Open as well, Canada. So it was a great, great year. It's really difficult to expect that I can repeat anything like that. And I wasn't trying to aim for that. But just knowing that I can play that well on different surfaces gives me a lot confidence and obviously makes me even more motivated to work hard and to try to get myself in that position.

Q. How happy are you feeling at the moment with the way you're hitting the ball?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, very happy. I mean, last two matches have been really, really good, maybe the best two hard court matches I've played in last two weeks. So it's a great stage I am in in this moment playing another final of Cincinnati, too. So I'm very much looking forward to that, trying to get a title.

Q. You've been coming here since I think 2005. What do you think about the changes that the tournament's made in recent years? The most obvious one is becoming combined. What about the new locker rooms, dining, that kind of thing?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: As a player you always like to see changes, especially in the facilities for the players. So there has been significant changes in that. The reaction of the players is positive. It's a good thing.

Q. It's been mentioned changing continents, surfaces, even hard courts having different speeds, lots of inconsistencies with respect to the balls that are used on the tour in different events.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah.

Q. Which ones do you like the best and why?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, look, we've played with different balls in different tournaments. You have to try to adjust to those balls as best as you can. Obviously the change makes a risk, let's say, to the physical condition of the player. Usually gives a lot of trouble to the shoulders and elbows of the players. And obviously depending on which surface you play, it affects the rest of the body. But I think that we should always have the same ball for the swings, let's say, or the tournaments prior to US Open, clay court swings, grass court. I think the same balls should be used for particular swings of the tournaments prior to the majors. That wasn't really the case.
But, you know, I see that things are changing, and it's going in a good direction hopefully.

Q. We don't know the outcome yet of the match; it's in a first-set tiebreak. Talk about the potential matchups tomorrow.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, you know, I played Roger here and have lost in finals, I think, what, two, three years ago. So, you know, not to spend too much words about Roger. We all know how good he is, especially in later stages of events.
Here conditions are quite fast, so I think it's quite suitable to his style of the game. We played so many matches against each other. It's always a big challenge when you play a big rival of yours. On the other hand, Wawrinka is somebody that made big scalps throughout this week and won against great players, so he's in form. We'll see. It's finals. It's really unpredictable who's going to win.

Q. You've accomplished quite a bit in your career: three majors, Davis Cup championship, No. 1. Is Roland Garros the biggest goal of your career right now at this point?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, yes. Roland Garros is a tournament that I want to win, that's for sure. I'll just try to continue on and keeping my body fit and healthy, you know, because I know that if I manage to stay healthy and fit that I can deliver always the best game, best performance. I want to try to play for many years on top level.

Q. You've played against Del Potro a lot obviously back in '09 when he was winning a slam and since then at the French more recently. How would you sort of compare his game now? Seems like he may be a little bit faster now. Does that seem fair to say?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I think he's a better player than he was back then. You know, he had an exceptional tournament in US Open 2009 when he won a first major. But he always had potential to be one of the best tennis players in the world, and he still does. He has all the shots, he has big power, big serve, and he moves really well for somebody of his size. It's obviously now question of if he can stay healthy, because injuries were keeping him away for a while on the tour.

Q. Did you feel anything different from his backhand today? He said his left wrist was hurting him.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Not much, to be honest. Maybe he wasn't going for his backhand long lines as much, but generally everything else was normal.

Q. You've held serve throughout the tournament. How much of that is stroke, just placing your serve well, you're hitting it with power, and how much of it is you being able to defend your serve?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, it's a very important element in the game, and you always want to rely on that shot. Always want to try to get as many free points as possible. And when in difficult position break point down, you want to try to use that shot in your advantage. That's something that I've been working on, so serve and the first shot after that, and it's been work well.

Q. Talk a little bit about the development of your younger brothers and their tennis careers, please.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yes. Well, one is 21 years old, Marko, and Djordje is 17 years old. They are both based in Europe, half time in Serbia, half time in Spain and Czech Republic. They been trying to follow their own path.
Obviously on one side it's a disadvantage of having the brother in the top of men's tennis because they have a lot of weight on their shoulders they have to carry for their age. On the other hand, a lot of things are possible. You know, wherever they go they have open doors, and it's really good because then they can have best possible facilities and the team. But, again, in the end it's about them. It's about them figuring out what is best for them and obviously working hard.
So Marko is around 600 in the world now; Djordje just got recently his first ATP point and he's playing juniors. So slowly but surely they're coming up. Hopefully we can all play at a major one day.

Q. You talked about missing Roland Garros from your collection. You're also getting pretty close at this point to having every Masters title. This is one of few that's an empty space on your shelf. Is that something you think about going into a final?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, I haven't won this tournament and I played three times finals. It's going to be an extra motivation for me tomorrow.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #1103
country flag Noleta

Loving his positive atittude
Old 08-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #1104
country flag Noleta

Still no interview?
Old 08-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #1105
country flag NID

NID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond repute

you have it in GM, match thread
NID is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #1106
country flag cinny

cinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond repute

Hana is probably too mad at Nole to bother collecting his interview for us .

Quote:
Originally Posted by NID View Post
you have it in GM, match thread
Lots of us don't [want to] go to GM.
cinny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #1107
country flag shuhrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinny View Post
Hana is probably too mad at Nole to bother collecting his interview for us .

Lots of us don't [want to] go to GM.
No. It was because the tournament site got too lazy on the final day! I was waiting for it to be released, wondering what he said on his 1st set performance!!!

[Cincinnati] August 19, 2012: Final vs Federer 0-6, 6-7(7)

Q. One of the worst start of your career, I suppose.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, terrible set. You know, he started very solid from serve. I mean, he was using it very efficiently and putting a lot pressure on my serve. Made a lot of double faults and didn't find my rhythm. Set was over in 20 minutes.
I played better in the second. I thought it was very even, and then when I had the chances I didn't use them. I didn't step into the court, and he deserved to win.

Q. You made a big mistake at 4‑3 in the tiebreak. Was it the pressure?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, well, you know, it's just the timing was wrong obviously. Yeah, I had my chances. Even at set point I could have gone for the passing shot. I went for the lob. I had several chances in the second set on his serve on 15‑30, 30‑All, and I wasn't in the court.
That's it. You know, I didn't take my chances.

Q. How do you manage to keep your mind focused when games are running away from you like that but then be able to pick it up in the second set the way you did?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, you know, obviously I tried to be calm today. Even though I was losing two breaks, I tried to focus on each point and game individually. You know, it was better in the second, but I still wasn't happy with the way I was playing in the important moments.

Q. Zero for four in finals here. Is there a reason perhaps you haven't been able to play your best when you get to the final here, or coincidence?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No reason really.

Q. At what point today did you realize it was turning and you were playing better and more in form?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, the start of the second, yeah. When I won the game, I felt, Okay, now it's the time to try to do something differently. And I did; I managed to get into the rhythm. It wasn't enough.

Q. Was fatigue a factor?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I felt okay. You know, I have no excuses for bad performance. He was just the better player.

Q. He wasn't broken all week in 47 games according to Sharko, and only faced three break points which he extinguished today. Talk about his serve.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: It was exceptional today. Whenever he need first serve in, he delivered it. He was using the serve, as I said, very efficiently and precise and getting an easy second shot. Yeah, when you have that shot to rely on, it's a big advantage.

Q. Jim Courier said on TV that he thought you were mentally fatigued and he called some of your first serves, quote unquote, apathetic; would you agree with that?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I don't know. I mean, it was finals today, so I really wanted to win. There is no question about it. Maybe playing couple weeks in a row, four weeks in a row, got me maybe mentally. Physically it didn't. I felt okay on the court. We move on. There is New York in a week, and I really need to perform my best there.

Q. How do you rate the chances of the Serbian women's Fed Cup team against Czechoslovakia?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I hope they win. I hope they bring the Fed Cup trophy.

Q. No doubt obviously we know there is disappointment, but I'm thinking surely it wouldn't have dented your confidence going into the US Open with the results you've had over the last few weeks.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, I feel good. I feel good on the court. The conditions here are quite different from US Open. It's a bit slower there, which I think goes in my favor a little bit more. More suitable to my style of the game. I'm going to have a week that I think is very necessary for me right now mentally and physically.

Q. Is the plan now to just take a few days off the tennis court and not think about tennis and recharge?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yes. Yeah.

Q. Do you think of mental and emotional as the same thing? We were talking about mentally were you fatigued and this kind of thing. But I notice you didn't fist pump until halfway through the second set. You weren't showing a lot of emotion.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I couldn't fist pump because I was 6‑Love down, you know. How could I?

Q. Does this match make anything more urgent for you for the US Open, do you think?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Not really. As I said, I have made more than I expected after Olympic Games. I lost only one match in two weeks on two 1000 events, which is great success. So I'm actually feeling good about myself at this moment. I really look forward to New York.

Q. Do you consider yourself the favorite for New York?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I'll leave this to somebody else. I just try to pay attention on preparing well.

Q. In New York, away from the tennis where do you like to go and what do you liked to do?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: We stay in New Jersey at a friend's place, so not spending a lot of time in the city. At the majors you really try to save as much energy as possible in order to perform your best on the court. That's the goal. That's why we're there.
New York offers a lot. I mean, basically everything you can do throughout the day, night, whatever you want to do. I mean, I like Broadway. I went last year with my girlfriend.

Q. What did you see?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I went to see Mamma Mia!. This year I might use the opportunity of having couple days off and just try to see another show.

Q. So you have to commute every day from New Jersey to Flushing Meadows?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yes.

Q. No problem?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No, it's just maybe ten minutes more than from the city. It's quite convenient, because it's peace and quiet.That's what you need. There is a lot of things going on throughout US Open. It's a major, a lot people, and you want to have a place, a hideout where you can try to practice and be focused on tennis.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #1108
country flag shuhrat

UNIQLO Launches Latest Line of Tennis Apparel in the U.S.

Today UNIQLO announces plans to launch its latest line of tennis apparel modeled after performance wear created for Novak Djokovic, world top-ranked male professional tennis player and UNIQLO global brand ambassador. The line will launch in the United States on August 27 and in other markets around the world at a later date, details of which will be announced in due course. In the U.S. the new range will go on sale at the UNIQLO 5th Avenue Store, the 34th Street Store and the Soho Store in New York City.

UNIQLO, the proud sponsor of Mr. Djokovic since May, will launch a total of 10 items for adults, ranging from warm up jackets and pants, to shirts, shorts and accessories. The tennis line will closely resemble the look and feel of the actual performance wear that Mr. Djokovic will wear at the 2012 U.S. Open Tournament that starts at Flushing Meadows, New York, on August 27.

Commenting on today's announcement, Shin Odake, Fast Retailing Group Officer and UNIQLO U.S. Chief Executive Officer, said, "We are very excited about introducing the Novak Djokovic replica tennis line first in the U.S., and to coincide our launch with the start of the U.S. Open. We hope the new line will be popular with our customers and tennis fans alike."

Naoki Takizawa, UNIQLO Creative Director, has been personally involved in designing all tennis apparel for Mr. Djokovic, starting with the 2012 French Open. "My inspiration for the very first designs came from Novak Djokovic himself and his country of origin, Serbia. In fact, it was the national flag of Serbia that actually inspired me when I started to think about the color and the design of his match wear," said Naoki Takizawa. "I was inspired by the shapes of the wings of the eagles that are on the flag, and with this in mind I began to draw lines along the sides of his performance wear. In my mind, the design needed to be simple, so that it didn't interfere with his very precise playing style. At the same time the design needed to look strong."

"Regarding the fabric, I chose the newest product from Toray Industries, who is a close partner of UNIQLO and who specializes in creating innovative fabrics. When designing clothing such as performance wear what is important is that the fabric absorbs perspiration and dries quickly, while ensuring player comfort even in extreme match conditions. At UNIQLO we have a strong desire to help athletes give their best performance," Takizawa added.

"I am very impressed with the UNIQLO design philosophy," said Novak Djokovic. "Over a series of regular face to face meetings, which take place in-between tournaments, we discuss a number of details regarding overall design, types of fabrics and materials, and even colors." He added, "The UNIQLO creative team, led by Takizawa-san, understands the importance of achieving the right balance of these elements so that my performance wear can support my movement on the court and give me an extra boost of confidence when aiming for my points."

Performance Wear Shirts
Available in a zip-up polo design that includes asymmetric color lines down the left and right sides, as well as slightly raised seams on the inside of the garment. Both elements reflect Mr. Djokovic's personal preferences: the lines help illustrate the movement of his body and the inside seams' brushing against his skin give him increased awareness of his body's movements.

Performance Wear Shorts
Made with DRY-EX material that does not cling to the skin, the shorts are available in a slim-fitting design that Mr. Djokovic found would offer him the best freedom of movement on the court. Tighter than traditional tennis shorts, the hems do not bind up. The pockets are lined with pile fabric enabling one to easily wipe perspiration off their palms and securely hold second serve balls. A special feature of the design of the shorts is the side stripe that, when worn with the matching polo shirt, runs along the full length of the body for a dynamic effect.

[...]

Tennis Star Novak Djokovic Talks Fashion at the Launch of His New Uniqlo Collection By DHANI MAU

... Djokovic, who just so happens to be pretty attractive and speak four languages (we’re just really impressed), was wearing the newest collection, which he’ll sport on the court at the US Open. He looked great in it, as you can see above. They also had his uniforms from the French Open, Wimbeldon, and the London Olympics on display.

Also impressive: he was actually quite involved in the collaboration process and had a very close dialogue with Uniqlo’s creative director Naoki Takizawa, who made several trips to Monaco (where Djokovic lives) and other places around the world to meet with the tennis pro to discuss the collection.

“All the inspiration comes from him,” Takizawa, who started working on the collection in January, told us before the press conference. Their starting point was discussing what Djokovic wanted for his performance. “His balance, the movement is so good [on the court]; that’s why it was interesting [to work with him].” ...

Last edited by shuhrat : 08-22-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #1109
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Hannah! Loved all that stuff about Uniqlo, wow things like those never cease to amaze me. I wonder about the seams though, why does he wants to feel them?
Interesting stuff anyway. And we all agree with Mr/Miss Dhani Mau of course.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic provisional nş2

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:38 PM   #1110
country flag NID

NID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond repute

well, ST gear looked like garbage (especially towards the end), but seemed to work.
uniqlo looked good at the beginning, this new 'line' looks really mediocre.
NID is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote