Novak News & Interviews Vol.2 - Page 73 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #1081
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News & Interviews Vol.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinny View Post
Yup, this one, all he heard was the word 'pressure' and off he went...
Exactly.

A good example of giving wrong answers,
Quote:
Q. What would be the first one or two things that you do when you get back to the locker room to get your energy back?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, you know, the biggest problem for us players is what we are trying to explain to people in organization of this event and any other when we have so many rain delays, is that we need to know approximately how long they going to keep us waiting.
Because off the organizational part, off court, scheduling, the food, the warmups, the cool downs, the naps or whatever it is that the players do, you know, body suffers a lot and takes a lot stress if you warmup five times and cool down five times and don't know if you're going to go on court.
That's the priority when we go on court and we have rain delays, is to try to keep the body in good condition.

Q. When you get back to the locker room, what is the first thing you do to get some energy back after the match is over?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Just try to go back to the hotel as quick as I can and get on my recovery and get some sleep.
Definitely the question was a bit confusing though he was too much into rain delay/break talks at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
What did they say??
Nothing. http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...postcount=1065
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #1082
country flag KatiKatija

KatiKatija has a reputation beyond reputeKatiKatija has a reputation beyond reputeKatiKatija has a reputation beyond reputeKatiKatija has a reputation beyond reputeKatiKatija has a reputation beyond reputeKatiKatija has a reputation beyond reputeKatiKatija has a reputation beyond reputeKatiKatija has a reputation beyond reputeKatiKatija has a reputation beyond reputeKatiKatija has a reputation beyond reputeKatiKatija has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhrat View Post
On a much more minor note, sometimes it makes me cringe a bit when he doesn't pay attention to the question, then gives an irrelevant answer or just put ready-made phrases. Even though I agree nobody could fault him for that, considering what kind of questions he faces on a daily basis, no less just after finishing a match, sometimes even after midnight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Yeah, Nole does that a lot, but so do the other players. It must be tedious to answer all these questions plus he uses the evasion tactic when he doesn't want to talk about something, like the pressure question.
He could be a politician with these evasion tactics

Nole
KatiKatija is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #1083
country flag Amber Spyglass

Location: "I think we are in rats alley,where the dead men lost their bones"
Amber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond repute

Well I don't know how many times he has said he won't reveal the specifics of what his team does so I'm not surprised he didn't answer the locker room question directly Still though, his answer was interesting enough even if a bit off topic, I've definitely read ones that have been more

I agree, that question about basically boycotting the tournament if it doesn't get a roof was unbelievable They will try anything...
Amber Spyglass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:06 PM   #1084
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

From the way he talked about ranking points and defending them..... I really hope he did not go there, at least openly.

And hana, I really think those are evasion technique
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:15 AM   #1085
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

[Cincinnati] August 14, 2012: Pre-Tournament

Q. Congratulations on your title.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Thank you.

Q. When did you have your first hit on the courts here?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Still didn't have.

Q. Still haven't?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No. It's going to be after press conference.

Q. Are you one of the types that likes to get on the courts a lot?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, you know, I like to focus on the quality of practice rather than quantity, to be honest.
Yes, there is certain difference between conditions in Toronto and Cincinnati. The courts are a little bit faster here. But I still think it's enough for me. I've had this situation before. Last year, for example, was very similar when I came in late. But I have tried to focus on the recovery more than practice, because that's something that I need more.

Q. Turn back the calendar a little bit. Last year you obviously had great success against Nadal. This year you played him in Monte-Carlo; you had a death in the family and weren't sure if you were going to play again; you did and he beat you. Did that change anything with respect to your play against him?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, look, you know, as I was saying before, even though I won that many matches against him in 2011, mostly in the finals of major events, very few points actually decide the winner on that level.
He was better player in those matches, and we were playing on his favorite surface, on clay courts. You know, I think the closest I was to winning against him was in French Open, the most important one for me. Yeah, it was a disappointing loss for me. In the end I played finals of French Open which meant for me a lot.
You know, it's normal. I didn't expect myself to continue on winning against Nadal every single match we play against each other. I'm confident that we are going to have many more great matches. It's normal that I win, I lose, and I move on.

Q. How important do you think Toronto is gonna be for you for the rest of the year considering that it's been a few months since you won a previous title?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, it's going to mean a lot to me. It means already a lot to me now because of the circumstances that I've had in last month and a half playing a lot matches, a lot tennis on grass courts, and then having the very emotional Olympic Games and coming in late to Toronto and trying to get used to the surface that I haven't played on for four, five months. Then the time zone and all those things, which take time. Obviously that's something that I didn't have. I had to get used to it in two days and play my first match. It turned out to be a great tournament for me, a tournament that's going to give me a lot of confidence now.
You know, I love playing on hard courts. It's my most preferred surface. Hopefully I can try to continue that run.

Q. You really enjoyed yourself carrying the Serbian flag in the opening ceremonies. Talk about what that meant to you.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Oh, it was a very ecstatic experience full of joy and pleasure. It was an extreme privilege and honor for me to be selected as flag bearer for my country. It was a responsibility in a way as well to represent the country in the best possible way.
Unfortunately I could not bring the medal to Serbia, which is something I really deeply wanted to do and dreamed of doing, obviously, as all the other athletes being part of Olympic Games. That's what happens. It's sport.
But I enjoy the whole experience. It was very interesting to play on Wimbledon courts with your national colors.

Q. With the Olympics making the schedule crazier than usual, do you sometimes forget where you are?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, it happens. If you don't keep track of time and places where you are, it happens. Sometimes you wake up and say, Okay, which time zone I am right now? It's the way it is for everybody, mostly for top players. We are aware of the fact that Olympic Games are going to make our schedule more difficult and busier than previous years. That's what happens always in the tennis schedule when you have Olympic year coming up. You know, so we tried all to work our schedule around that. For now, I'm feeling good.

Q. Aside from obvious talent, is the ability to adjust to travel and changes one of the keys to being a top player, do you think?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Certainly is. You know, there are so many things you have to take care about and be careful, starting from obviously physical, mental preparation, practice on the court, and then everything you do off the court. You try to be as committed as possible to this sport, because it's probably one of the most demanding sports we have. We have to travel what, 10, 11 months out of 12 months and play in different surfaces, continents. So all these facts and circumstances take an important role in your success in what you do, the way you handle them.

Q. Going back to the Olympics for a second, the captain of the Serbian water polo team was quite outspoken. I think it was right after the quarterfinals. He said to the Serbian media, Leave us in peace. He was talking a little bit about the pressure he felt coming from Serbian fans and media. So I was wondering, do you read the Serbian press while you're a broad? If you don't, how do you manage the extremely high expectations coming from home?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I do read it sometimes, not all the time. But I do keep track on what's going on. I do see a lot of the things written about me in both ways, but it's the way it is really.
I've I think over the years learned how to deal with the different kinds of pressure and expectations that are there as expected because you are one of the top tennis players in the world and people want to see you lifting all the trophies wherever play.
But pressure in a way is a challenge for all of us. You know, just knowing that I'm doing something that I really love and that I've done all my life, that's enough for me. You know, I know that there is so many people in Serbia that appreciate what I'm doing. For me, that's already enough.

Q. People talk about this being a special time in men's tennis. Why do you think it's special?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, because of the fact that you have four players who are I think winning 90% of all the major tournaments that you have on the tour. I mean, so many titles and so much competition going on and so many great rivalries, great matches, history and all these things that are I think making this era a golden era.

Q. You mentioned about the pressure of the Olympics and so on. Andy has had an incredible summer of intense pressure with Wimbledon and then the Olympics and so on. How do you think he handled that and winning that gold medal? Do you think that will ease things a little bit for him?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: That's something we're about to see. I guess it's a question for him more than for me. But it was definitely impressive performance from him on Wimbledon, and Olympic Games even more.
As you said, you know, he always has pressure when he plays in London, in Britain. It's huge pressure on him. But I guess he's going to agree on what I said just now: that over the years you get that necessary experience to know how to cope with that certain pressure.
It's part of your life; it's part of your sport; it's something that drives you as well; it's something that gets you to the certain level of intensity that is I think necessary for you to have in order to perform your best on the major tournaments.

Q. You just mentioned the four players. There used to be the discussion about the big three or four. Is that discussion finished now, do you think?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, you know, there was different kinds of talks with the rivalries between Roger and Rafa, between me and Rafa, me and Roger, and then Andy. So there is really no story that I can say, Okay, that's the right one.
Andy was always part of that group of the top players. He's, what, for last four, five years in top 4 of the world. Now he has won Olympic Games. He's played couple of Grand Slam finals, so he deserves to be out there.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:25 AM   #1086
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Actually three, Nole.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:31 AM   #1087
country flag shuhrat

Quote:
Actually three, Nole.
Actually four

Quote:
Yeah, Nole does that a lot, but so do the other players. It must be tedious to answer all these questions plus he uses the evasion tactic when he doesn't want to talk about something, like the pressure question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
And hana, I really think those are evasion technique
Good point! To be honest I have no idea how other players cope with sensitive topics, as I hardly look up any of theirs.
Come to think of it, it shouldn't be a big deal after all. Not many are following his interview scripts day in day out. / Most of reporters in the room are more or less local reporters that don't give a damn about tennis in the rest of season. / Those not so sexy answers won't be quoted in newspapers anyway. So it could well be a problem only for a few of his fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
From the way he talked about ranking points and defending them..... I really hope he did not go there, at least openly.
+1 He's done it before though, at the perfect moment to be seen as a sore loser.

Last edited by shuhrat : 08-15-2012 at 02:14 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #1088
country flag Nole fan

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhrat View Post
Actually four

LOL it's true!

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Old 08-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #1089
country flag Amber Spyglass

Location: "I think we are in rats alley,where the dead men lost their bones"
Amber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually three, Nole.
Nole has said "a couple" before for things that were more than two, even things to do with himself. He might just mean "a few". Technically it's only two but it sometimes gets thrown around casually even by native English speakers, as an expression for something that is more than one. I wouldn't take it too literally
Amber Spyglass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #1090
country flag cinny

cinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, he uses "(a) couple of" a lot!

Give him some slack guys. He's not a native speaker and there are a few words he just likes to use often .

Last edited by cinny : 08-15-2012 at 10:12 PM.
cinny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #1091
country flag shuhrat

[Cincinnati] August 15, 2012: R2 vs Seppi 7-6, 6-2

Q. A lot easier than Roland Garros, no?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: But still, you know, first match here, you know, I don't think I have done anything special. You know, really just trying to put another ball more in the court than my opponent today was enough to win.
Yeah, obviously not very satisfied with the performance. I will have to play much better than I did today in order to go far.

Q. I know the top 8 get byes, but what's your opinion of having a back-to-back week of 1000s at this point in the year?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, look, you know, the schedule is as it is, and we're trying all to adjust to it. Obviously there are many things that we would like to change, that we would like to see differently, you know. But unfortunately it's not always about players' wishes. It's about tournaments, sponsors, TV rights. All these different things matter when you're trying to organize the schedule, which is very long.
So this year we're going to have it two weeks shorter, which is a good thing, but the intensity is even bigger because if it's two weeks shorter but commitment events stay the same.
Sometimes it's really hard to try to stay, you know, fit for every single tournament and try to perform your best, you know. I mean, in last three, four weeks, I have changed three different, you know, cities, places, surfaces, conditions. Still trying to figure out where I am.

Q. Seppi said that he felt that your confidence grew there in the second set, especially after that break. Can you talk about kind of what's going on from you from the first
set to the second?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, look, you know, a lot of unforced errors from both of us. It wasn't really pretty match. I mean, I had many opportunities in the first set, break balls, I should have stepped in and used those. I didn't. I have managed to play good in tiebreak.
Second set was much better, much better rhythm and, you know, going through the balls. So hopefully that rhythm will continue on tomorrow.

Q. Did you ask to play on night session?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I asked to play a bit later, yeah. But, you know, I'm not angry with the tournament, you know. Of course there is many matches; it's a combined event. You know, I had to accept it the way it is.

Q. You probably heard that Rafa pulled out of the US Open.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, I heard.

Q. I'm just wondering what your thoughts are about that and his long term processes, if it seems like he has this chronic tendonitis.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I really don't know what the injury is and how serious it is. Obviously it's that serious that takes him, you know, out from the tour for last couple of months. You know, he's a great competitor. He's somebody I know really well on and off the court. I'm sure that if he was able to perform in US Open he would come. So I wish him a quick recovery, obviously.

Q. A lot more players are starting to wear clothing from Asian companies; you most recently made a switch. Can you take us through how that was decided?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, Asian market is a growing market, and then UniQlo is a company that is very successful, specially in that part of the world, and they are spreading all over the world. They have a big flagship stores in New York and London.
They have a great strategy and philosophy of the company that kind of matches my own, and that is to try to be innovative and creative and, you know, young company. So I decided to go with them, and so far so good.

Q. You played Rafa four out of the last five Grand Slams. Obviously great rivalry. Going into the US Open I realize there are a lot of other great players, but does it take away a little bit of the excitement for you knowing he's not going to be there, one of your great rivals?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, my excitement is always the same when I am approaching any Grand Slam. Obviously it's the biggest tournaments we have in sport. Yes, the fact is that tennis is going to lose a little bit because of Rafa not being there and playing, because he's somebody that has made a history of this sport. We all know how good he is and how popular he is.
Again, there is everybody else except him who is going to play there, so I am sure we will have a good tournament.

Q. As a top returner, I'm wondering, do you pay any attention to the speed gun?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yes.

Q. I mean, do you believe it? How does it affect how you...
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, if somebody aces me and I don't even see the ball, then I have a look at the speed gun just to know if it's over 140 miles.

Q. How significant do you think it is for sports in Serbia that at this year's Olympics you guys got a gold medal in women's Taekwondo on top of the traditional sports you do well in, like water polo?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, it was a great surprise, and obviously they made me and all the people from Serbia very proud. Of course we were hoping for as many medals as possible. We took four medals in total, which is one more than Beijing.
We may have expected a little bit more, but look, you know, it's the highest, the most difficult, and most well-known sport competition in the world. Everybody wants to be there. Everybody fights for a medal. So it was a great success from Milica for Taekwondo? Ivana was the other one in shooting, and then we had the water polo team and another medal in shooting.
It's great. You know, usually we are the nation of team sports. Water polo is a sport that always brings success. Unfortunately tennis this time didn't bring any medals, so we hope for more in Brazil.

Q. Do you think that hope for more and maybe acknowledgement a little bit of disappoint is what Divac meant when he said, Serbia remains a sporting nation?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Oh, of course. Look, I mean, there is different kinds of expectations, but people have to be aware of the fact that there is such a big competition in each sport. Sometimes you perform your best on a given day; sometimes not. You fall under pressure. It's normal, you know, ups and downs of professional sports.
So, you know, we always try. Hope is always there and we never give up. You know, I think every medal that we won in London is going to give more motivation to all of us to try to prepare better for next one.

Q. You talked about the crowded schedule, how physically demanding it is. After the Olympics, which is as important and a pretty successful best-of-three tournament, there was talk about possibly making Grand Slams best-of-three as well some day for the men. You played a six-hour final in the
Australia. How would you feel about that happening some day?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I wouldn't deny it, definitely. You know, it just depends. You know, from one side it would be maybe better for us because then we could get more rest and not get into those long couple of hours' matches.
On the other hand, it's been a tradition of this sport for many years, and we all try to respect the tradition. I think that is why tennis is so global and respected throughout the world, because we keep our tradition, keep our tournaments.
So it's a very fine line. It's very hard to say. But at least we have a day between the matches of best-of-five where you can rest.

Q. You've got Davydenko next. Can you talk about how you match up with him?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I haven't played him for a while now, but he's been around for a long time. Great competitor and one of the quickest guys on tour. Very good from the baseline. I think these conditions here suit his game. It's going to be a tough one.

Q. Three weeks in a row for you. I think you're the only guy in the top five to have played the Olympics, Canada, and here. Do you consider that a physical risk at all?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: For now I'm feeling really good, so hopefully it says that way. I'm doing everything in my power with my team to stay fit and, you know, try to get as far as I can in this tournament.

Q. But did you consider, before the Olympics, taking one of the events off?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I did consider the option, but right now I feel good, so after Toronto I felt also physically well. And even though I had a lot of interruptions with rain and a lot of days where I, you know, struggled physically, I am here now and feeling good.

Apparently a Serb journo who was in London two weeks ago is in Cincy? I wish he/she stop ask Olympic related questions now though. I don't think it's that pleasant memories for him to dwell on and he'd like to move on.
Btw, I liked the fact that the gold medal was from Taekwondo.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:41 PM   #1092
country flag shuhrat

A couple of interesting parts from Tebbutt's Blog on Tennis Canada website,

Quote:
Faced with making the best of a bad situation, which included Roger Federer pulling out to get additional rest before Cincinnati and Rafael Nadal still on the sidelines with an increasingly worrisome knee problem, Novak Djokovic proved to be the tournament’s saviour.

I had heard in the weeks before the tournament that he had assured Toronto officials that he would show up even if he did not know what condition he would be in playing so soon after the Olympics.

He deserves a lot of credit for just posting. But then to actually win the tournament, especially after a grueling test in the second of two matches on Friday against Tommy Haas, was a stellar effort. And by him successfully defending his title from Montreal in 2011, it meant another prestigious name was added to the honour roll of champions.
Quote:

I was part of the panel for the CBC Sports coverage of the Rogers Cup final weekend in Toronto.

[snip]

Maybe the most interesting moments of the weekend were when this year’s champion, Novak Djokovic, visited our set for an appearance after the final.

He was positioned beside me, as you can see in the picture above. Although I’m a fairly experienced journalist and have seen all the top players many times, to have him right next to me was unusual. I tried to look interested in the questions and answers during our interview with him, but a little voice inside me was saying, “when are you ever going to be this close for so long, so take a really close look at the No. 2 player in the world and see if you see something interesting.” I peered over a few times and at one point decided to have a close look at his hands. From what I could tell, they weren’t calloused in the way I would expect a tennis player’s to be. I could smell that he had put on some cologne, and I assume that was done after the match was completed. But maybe he actually does go on the court sporting his favourite fragrance!

Finally, as I was leaving that night about 10:30 p.m., I was in the transportation area and there was Djokovic with his trainer, but not the usual one, Miljan Amanovic, who was taking a break during this event along with his coach Marian Vajda.

While Djokovic was just standing around waiting for a car to head to his hotel, his trainer was stretching his arms and shoulders – first pulling the right arm out parallel to the ground and then moving over and doing the same thing to the left one.

I couldn’t help thinking that even in a down moment such as waiting for a transport vehicle, there is always something that can be done to keep a superstar athlete like Djokovic in peak condition.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:45 PM   #1093
country flag appleGirl

appleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond repute

That speed gun question is the first interesting question I've read in his interview for a while now...

TT Singles: 105 (Best: 80) 2011: Fürth CH W, Izmir CH W, Seoul CH W, Sao Jose Do Rio Preto CH W; 2012: Tiburon CH W
TT Doubles: 48 (Best: 42) 2011: Izmir CH W (w/ Mahqz); 2012: US Open SF (w/Mahqz), Tiburon CH W (w/Mahqz), Antalya Fut W (w/Mahqz); 2013: Winston Salem W (w/Mahqz), US Open SF (w/Mahqz)
No.1vak Djokovic!

"Is something unbelievable how he returns, no? His return probably is one of the best of the history. That's my opinion, no? I never played against a player who's able to return like this. Almost every time." - R. Nadal about N. Djokovic
appleGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #1094
country flag Nole fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleGirl View Post
That speed gun question is the first interesting question I've read in his interview for a while now...
Me too! I didn't even know what a speed gun was! lol

And thank you so much hannah for that snippet, it made my day. I also realized Nole has his hands perfectly manicured. Maybe a metrosexual?
Either way, he's a gorgeous man.

What would you do if you could be face to face with a person you admire so much? I had my chance when I interviewed Dave Gahan from Depeche Mode in Paris. I had had a crush on him for years and DM is my absolute favorite band. Even though I was nervous, he looked me straight in the eye and shaked my hands. When you look someone straight in the eyes, I believe you really can see their soul. I saw only kindness and a great spirit, plus he was cool as fuck and gorgeous. He had this charisma that he irradiated. He was just one of the good guys. I even admired him more after that. I suspect Nole is the same.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

Old 08-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #1095
country flag KatiKatija

KatiKatija has a reputation beyond reputeKatiKatija has a reputation beyond reputeKatiKatija has a reputation beyond reputeKatiKatija has a reputation beyond reputeKatiKatija has a reputation beyond reputeKatiKatija has a reputation beyond reputeKatiKatija has a reputation beyond reputeKatiKatija has a reputation beyond reputeKatiKatija has a reputation beyond reputeKatiKatija has a reputation beyond reputeKatiKatija has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinny View Post
Yup, he uses "(a) couple of" a lot!

Give him some slack guys. He's not a native speaker and there are a few words he just likes to use often .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Spyglass View Post
Nole has said "a couple" before for things that were more than two, even things to do with himself. He might just mean "a few". Technically it's only two but it sometimes gets thrown around casually even by native English speakers, as an expression for something that is more than one. I wouldn't take it too literally

I always get this 'couple of' mixed up! Maybe it's a Serbian thing

Nole
KatiKatija is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote