Novak News & Interviews Vol.2 - Page 72 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #1066
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News & Interviews Vol.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Spyglass View Post
No,sorry guys, none of the Murray's said anything, I was just trying to give an example of how information can spread around and players get recorded as saying something they never said and sometimes later get "bashed" for it. Murray said Nadal sent him a message saying he won the hardest competition to win and I was just saying with that article being spread everywhere, it could look like Nole was all sour grapes, complaining of tiredness, when he didn't.

Thanks for that Sasha. Unfortunately this makes a lot of sense...
No no, it was me who jumped the gun without fact checking. Good to know it wasn't the case then.
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2012, 09:18 PM   #1067
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

When will Nole's family stop interfering with his career?

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:43 PM   #1068
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, he didn't deny there were personal issues. :/

[Toronto] August 8, 2012: R2 vs B. Tomic 6‑2, 6‑3

Q. It looked like a lot of fun out there today. Was it good getting back to I guess an early round match with maybe a little less pressure on you?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, for the first match it was a decent performance. Obviously at the start we played very long opening four games, and I was struggling to find the rhythm, obviously, as most of the players who came in late from London do and did. You had some surprising losses today. Del Potro and Tsonga out.
So it's really difficult. We're not even two days here, couple of practices, and it's totally different conditions, time zone, ball bounce, everything.
But I love playing on hard court. It's my favorite surface. Obviously when I needed to play well and be patient, I've done that really well today. Serve was working really good, so that's a positive.

Q. The big theme this week seems to be the physical health and fatigue. How are you feeling after that match?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I'm feeling good. I'm physically fit. It's just a matter of time that it takes to adjust and get used to the conditions. That's why, you know, especially in the opening rounds I'm trying to be out there every point and really commit to the whole match.

Q. Do you think that Bernie is a little bit too much in awe of you when he plays you?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Too much in?

Q. In awe.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I don't know. That's a question for him. I mean, we know each other really well. We do speak the same language in a way as well because comes from that region. He's Australian, but he comes from ex‑Yugoslavia.
We do get to practice a lot together. We know each other's game. He's very talented and has a lot of variety in his game and a lot of shots that are unorthodox in a way, so that gives him the possibility to play well on different surfaces.
But, you know, he played well in the opening five, six games, but then he dropped the level a little bit. I used my opportunity, you know. So it's really hard to say if he played bad or good. I was just trying to focus on my game.

Q. Because of the friendship that you'll have had for a few years now and the amount that he talks about you, have you ever sat down with him and given him any sort of advice or tips or suggestions?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, yes. We've spoken many times. Obviously I was at his position once and I'm aware what he's going through. He needs to obviously keep on working and stay dedicated to the sport.
As I said, he has a lot of potential. He played quarters of Wimbledon, he was around 30 in the world, so he definitely has the shots, has the game for it. He's a very strong, very tall tennis player. He can use the angles from the serve very well.
Again, it's very competitive sport nowadays. It's not only about playing well and being physically fit, it's about trusting in your skills and believing in your abilities to be out there and be one of the best.

Q. Given the swing at the top ‑ and it's very competitive, obviously. You were so dominant last year and Roger has found his way back to the top; Rafa had his run. When the shifts occur, what, in your opinion, is the most dominant aspect of it? Is it physical? Is it psychological? Is it tactical in terms of determining how those shifts occur?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I think it's a little bit of everything involved. I think those two guys, Federer, Nadal, and, you know, Murray, myself, and couple of other players improved the sport in a way. We make each other better players, and we need to work harder because we know that the competition is getting bigger and more intensive.
So, you know, maybe only 15 years ago you had the top players missing a lot of big tournaments, majors. They were not going to Australia and so forth, so forth.
Now, I mean, you have all the top players playing all the tournaments and then reaching the final stages of those events, which tells you enough about the competition in the sport.
But it's good. I think we are setting standards for a lot of new generations, and it's really good to be part of that era.

Q. When you're playing out there, are you playing point to point, game to game, or are you thinking of the larger match and maybe tiring this guy out and breaking his will?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I try to take one point at a time and really focus on the present moment. Obviously you do get to think about the bigger picture and what is the right tactics in order to beat your opponent.

Q. Your old coach, Jelena Gencic, after Wimbledon or the Olympics came out and said she felt like there were some personal problems that were affecting you. Could you speak about that?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No. I prefer not speaking about my personal problems. Everybody has one, so it's normal. You're going through ups and downs and through difficult stages in your life and something that is a challenge in life, and you need to overcome it and try to become even stronger after that.

Q. Del Potro and Tsonga lost today, and Andy looked pretty tired. You seemed fresh. I don't know if you are. Are you surprised how well you feel?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I had the shortest flight. (Smiling.)
Well, look, you know, I've tried my best after ending Olympic Games in those two, three days as much as I could to get ready for hard courts. Had a couple practices yesterday, one today this morning, and try to play as much as I can, but, again, on the other side, not force too much.
You know, turned out to be good for now.

Q. Conditions looked very slippery at times last week. How much better do you feel about your footing being back on hard courts, and what effect does that have on the rest of your game?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, footwork is essential in this sport, so obviously timing of the ball depends from the footwork as well and the way you adjust to the surface. Naturally it takes a couple days at least for you to really get into the right form.
So unfortunately this time we don't have those couple days more than we would like, but it's not the first time. We were aware of that fact, and we played for last month, month and a half on grass courts all the time.
So it's quite different, indeed. But it's the way it is. Hopefully I can find my right form tomorrow.

Q. You and Andy have known each other a very long time, so how impressed were you with the way he played at the Olympics and winning the gold medal?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I knew always that he's a great quality player, so he deserved it. I mean, he came up with the best game when he needed to. He had couple of close matches, but obviously felt that that is his moment and used it.
He deserves to be one of the best players in the world. I mean, his results are showing that.

Last edited by shuhrat : 08-09-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:13 PM   #1069
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like his family problem is the talk among the tennis community. Brett Haber mentioned it during a WTA match
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #1070
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Oh gosh,wonder what it is?Hope nothing too serious
Old 08-11-2012, 09:22 PM   #1071
country flag KatiKatija

KatiKatija has a reputation beyond reputeKatiKatija has a reputation beyond reputeKatiKatija has a reputation beyond reputeKatiKatija has a reputation beyond reputeKatiKatija has a reputation beyond reputeKatiKatija has a reputation beyond reputeKatiKatija has a reputation beyond reputeKatiKatija has a reputation beyond reputeKatiKatija has a reputation beyond reputeKatiKatija has a reputation beyond reputeKatiKatija has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noleta View Post
Oh gosh,wonder what it is?Hope nothing too serious
He did seem a bit, I dont know really the right word to say, anxious (?) when they asked, because I mean, you could see the body language change (hand towards face/neck protectively) so...

Whatever it is I hope it can go right for him.

Nole
KatiKatija is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:02 PM   #1072
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatiKatija View Post
He did seem a bit, I dont know really the right word to say, anxious (?) when they asked, because I mean, you could see the body language change (hand towards face/neck protectively) so...

Whatever it is I hope it can go right for him.
Yeah,probably anxious about the details to get known?

Ditto,he should be focusing on his career!
Old 08-13-2012, 06:24 PM   #1073
country flag shuhrat

[Toronto] August 10, 2012: R3 vs Querrey 6‑4, 6‑4 || QF vs Haas 6‑3, 3‑6, 6‑3

Q. You changed your T‑shirt after you lost the second set. Is that a superstition? You change from white to black.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No.

Q. How much of a challenge was it to play him tonight playing the second match of the day?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I mean, Tommy is a great player. After years of injuries and surgeries, he comes back very strong, very fit, plays really well on faster surfaces. He made a couple really good wins here and he was on the roll, so it was a really tough match.
For me, a long two days. Definitely not the best time of the day for me to play a match. I'm still very jet lagged. I don't know how I found a way. I think I was fighting very hard, and that's the positive of tonight's match. That's why I won, I think.

Q. Getting a chance to play your fellow countryman Tipsarevic, what's that like for you? He said you know each other really intimately as players and friends.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: It's never easy, you know, but we are professionals. We try to win the match whoever is across the net.
Yeah, we do know each other really well. We met first time probably 12, 15 years ago back in Serbia, and he was the best junior in the world and one of the players I was looking up to, you know.
I'm very glad that he managed to come to top 10. He's playing probably best tennis of his life in last 15 months.
So we'll see. You know, it all depends how fast I will recover from this day.

Q. Just to follow up, you said you looked up to him. Obviously he's a little bit older than you. Maybe the relationship's changed a little bit with all the success you've had. He said you set the mark for him. How do you think your relationship has changed since you initially met 15 years ago?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Look, we stay friends. Regardless what happens on the court, whoever wins the match, we stay friends. We know each other so well. He's one of my best friends definitely off the court. I spend a lot of time with him and with the rest of the Davis Cup team.
But as I said, when you step on the court, it's a semifinals of a Masters event, so we both want to win.

Q. Do you feel things are catching up with you at the moment after all the hype and emotion of London and traveling over here and the time changes?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I'm fighting it. I'm fighting it. It's not easy, but I'm fighting it.

Q. It must be a while since you played off this stadium. There was a lot of atmosphere tonight and interaction with the fans ‑ some good, some bad. What was it like?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: It was definitely interesting, you know, in whatever sense you want to take that.
But, yeah, you know, as I said, it's been a very long day. I don't want say it would maybe be different if I played on stadium, but I haven't played on that Grandstand for a long time. Took me time to get used to it, the atmosphere and everything.
Fortunately I played well when I needed to.

Q. What's the one thing Tipsarevic does that gives you trouble that you know about?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: He's very aggressive, you know. He started believing in himself, in his ability on the court, and that's why he became a top‑10 player. He always had qualities to be out there, but he was couple years struggling to find that mental strength on the court.
I believe with a couple big scalps in the last 15 months and big wins, he managed to get there. So, yeah, I'm sure he's going to go for his shots. I will have to be aware of that.

[Toronto] August 11, 2012: SF vs Tipsarevic 6‑4, 6‑1

THE MODERATOR: Tomorrow Novak will attempt to win his third ATP World Tour title of the season, and also his 12th ATP Masters 1000 title. Questions.

Q. The match seemed a lot closer than the score indicates. Just wondering what you feel you did better tonight?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I agree. Really could have gone either way, especially in the first set. You know, with the several interruptions because of rain delay, it was very important for both of us to start off well after those delays.
You could feel that there was a lot of tension going on and we both were trying to find the rhythm on the court and be more aggressive. He had some break balls on 4‑All, I think, or 3‑All in the first, and I managed to play a good return game on 5‑4.
When you're a set up, I felt that momentum is on my side and that I should use it; second set I played really good.

Q. Last night you said that you were physically tired. Another rain delay today; two matches yesterday. Are you starting to feel a mental fatigue at all at this point?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, for sure it is, you know. Not just for me, for everybody. It's a headache for tournament, for people waiting. But, you know, weather is something you can't effect, obviously.
We were very close of cancelling the match tonight and trying to play tomorrow because the weather was so unpredictable. The radar was indicating that we had a window of two, three hours without the rain, but then we had the interruptions.
Look, the only thing I can take out from this experience aside trying to be calm and save as much energy as I can, as any other player and then try to perform and focus on the court, is that I don't see any reason why hard court tournaments don't have covers on their courts.
I think this tournament, after this year's experiences, should strongly consider having covers for next year. I got an explanation that it's because the surface itself gets very humid if the covers are on the court, like on the grass.
But if they inflate the covers, like they do at Wimbledon, for example, it saves us time. Every time the rain was falling for five, ten, or fifteen minutes, we had to wait 45 minutes to get on the court. We lost a lot of time.
I think that would be a good solution to the these problems.

Q. Has the court been noticeably different with the conditions and after the rain delays?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Maybe a little bit slower, I think. Obviously taking in consideration that we played very late and during the day ball travels through the air faster, so conditions are a bit faster; during the night it's slower.
I think the rain also had its effect on the speed of the court.

Q. What would be the first one or two things that you do when you get back to the locker room to get your energy back?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, you know, the biggest problem for us players is what we are trying to explain to people in organization of this event and any other when we have so many rain delays, is that we need to know approximately how long they going to keep us waiting.
Because off the organizational part, off court, scheduling, the food, the warmups, the cool downs, the naps or whatever it is that the players do, you know, body suffers a lot and takes a lot stress if you warmup five times and cool down five times and don't know if you're going to go on court.
That's the priority when we go on court and we have rain delays, is to try to keep the body in good condition.

Q. When you get back to the locker room, what is the first thing you do to get some energy back after the match is over?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Just try to go back to the hotel as quick as I can and get on my recovery and get some sleep.

Q. You said that probably floor was a little bit wet. What I saw after rain your eyes more sharp, and even when you are asking for the balls to be checked. Do you think that visibility changes after rain also because light is artificial or something as that?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I don't think that visibility change much. I think only the speed of the court is affected by the rain, not so much the lights.
Yeah, I mean, you have to adjust to the conditions, whatever they are.

Q. During the match, are you having to keep reminding yourself to stay calm, stay focused, because of the frustrations and all that that's going on.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Exactly. That's the first thing on your mind when you have this specific situations with the weather, it's to try to hold your compusure on the court and stay mentally strong and play each point and not thinking about what's going to happen.
Any minute the rain can come, so something that you cannot effect. What you can effect is the way you're thinking on the court and try to be as positive as possible.

Q. Is that the bigger factor compared to the physical or the technical side of the game when you have these frustrations?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I don't want to talk in the name of all the other players, because every player obviously has a different physical condition. Obviously every player is affected more or less depending on how he feels.
You could be right. Mentally in these situations you need to stay strong in order to perform your best.

Q. Can you just look ahead to the final with Richard? 6‑1 record in your favor.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah. Well, Richard has been playing well this week. He hasn't played many finals of 1000 events. Maybe it's the first one. Not really sure.
But definitely considering that fact he wants to step into the court tomorrow and have nothing no lose and is motivated and wants to win. I expect a tough match, of course. It's finals.
Maybe the head‑to‑head record is on my side, but that doesn't really count now.

Q. Where is your team? Where are Marjan and Miljan? Where the other guys? Will they come back in Cincinnati our US Open?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, this is my team as well.

Q. I know.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Marjan and Miljan are taking some time off with their families, so they will rejoin the rest of the team in New York.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #1074
country flag shuhrat

[Toronto] August 12, 2012: Final vs Gasquet 6‑3, 6‑2

THE MODERATOR: Novak Djokovic, the 2012 Rogers Cup champion.

Q. First off, how did it feel to play a whole match without a rain delay?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Felt great. (Smiling.) The weather looked convincingly good this morning, so I was hoping that we can play a match without interruptions, which wasn't the case in last couple of days.
Yeah, it's been a great week for me. Quite special in a way because of the fact that I didn't have much time really to get used to hard court and time change because of London and Olympic Games.
I was never in doubt of coming here, and I love playing in Canada. Just very glad to be winning this trophy.

Q. You were only broken once this entire tournament. In your opinion, what is it in your game that makes it so hard for guys to break you?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I'm not one of the biggest servers in the game, that's for sure, but I always try to focus on obviously the second shot after the serve. As many free points from the first serve as I can get, I'm really happy and I'm glad.
I been working on the efficiency of my first and second serve, but also trying to be aggressive in the first ball. It's been working exceptionally well throughout the whole week.

Q. It would have been very easy to get discouraged or frustrated this week. Do you take a special pride in keep your focus and sitting here as the champion?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Of course. It's a big tournament, one of the biggest we have in tennis. I'm very happy to be in this position. Truly did not expect myself to win this tournament, you know, after the emotional losses in Olympic Games. I really took it hard.
I tried to bounce back and recover; I've done great, I have to say.

Q. Was it especially given the conditions, given the travel...
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No, it was. It was. The rain delays and interruptions weren't making my life easier, that's for sure, but I was really committed to do anything in my power that will make me more ready, let's say, and fitter and recovered for all the matches that I've played here.

Q. You just talking about the emotions and disappointments of Wimbledon and the Olympic Games, on a scale of one to ten ‑ with ten being the best ‑ coming in here where would you have rated yourself, and coming out of tournament where would you rate yourself?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I have to disappoint you. I don't like scales. I don't like to give any numbers there. But it was definitely disappointing. There is no doubt about that.
The losses on Olympic Games were more difficult for me emotionally than Wimbledon, but I still played some great matches, played really good tournaments both on grass courts.
If I could have done better, yes, maybe, but that's sport. But after I was finished with the Olympic Games, you know, I was sitting down with my team and trying to figure out what is the best solution and next step and if I should play the whole hard court season or not.
As I said at the start of the conference, I was never in doubt of coming here. I really wanted to come. The two losses that I had in three days in Olympic Games gave me even more desire to come here and perform my best and try to win a title.
So this is actually a huge confidence boost for me. Haven't won a title since Miami and played lots of finals. This is a great hard court season start.

Q. Also after winning last year was it important for to you protect the points by coming here, too?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: There is always pressure of defending your points if you win a tournament. That's something that's part of our points and ranking system, the way it works in our sport.
To be quite frank with you, I hope that we can make certain changes regarding that, because there is lots of lots of pressure on the players, you know, especially top players, of defending their points all the time and coming back over and over again.
So hopefully we can get rule change in the future that will release us from that expectation. But it's something that I got used to over the years. As I said before, hard court is my most preferred surface, and I love playing in Canada. This is great success for me.

Q. Over the summer you haven't received as much talk as maybe Roger and Andy and even Rafa to some extent. Now maybe with this title you'll get a little more focus going into New York. Do you prefer to sort of fly under the radar, or do you like having a little more pressure on you?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I can't really effect that. I really don't pay too much attention on the talks around. My job is to win every match that I play on and try to get as many titles as possible. Everything else falls up. Andy and Roger were the best two players in last month and a half, and so it's normal. It shifts; it changes.
As I said, I will try to keep my focus and dedication for every tournament and try to get as many titles as possible.

Q. Can you talk to us about the match tonight? Were you so strong? Was he that weak? What happened so that it was such a quick finale?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, the opening couple of games of the first set were quite close. I thought I served really well today. I wasn't trying to force my first serve speed‑wise too much. I tried to be precise and efficient with it and open up the court.
I was really aggressive coming to the net, so I've achieved what I planned to do tactics‑wise before the match. I made a crucial break at 4‑3.

Q. Can I ask you an annoying question? Was the fact that you were the only top four player here less pressure on you?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Less pressure? No, look, pressure is always present. Pressure is a privilege in a way. It's a challenge. When you have pressure, that means that you've done something in your life that matters.
Over the years you learn how to deal with it. It's normal. Everybody has pressure and expectation. It's just a matter of how you cope with it.

Q. Your comments last night about the roof, will you consider coming back to this event if they keep it in this facility without a roof?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, sure. I will be coming back definitely. It's one my favorite events. That was just a suggestion from a player's perspective and view, let's say, considering the last couple of days.
I've seen the people mention that I stated that I wanted a roof. I didn't want a roof. I wanted covers. I think all the other players will agree. Roof is a little bit too much, but just the covers, that would save players and the tournament and all the people who are volunteers and working to clean the courts, saving us time so we can get on the court faster.

Q. In the quarterfinals today and in the finals you were facing two of the best one‑handed backhands, which you didn't have for some years. Which one was more tough to handle?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Every match is different, so obviously finals is unpredictable and takes the best out of both players. Every opponent is different and has its weaknesses and advantages, so you try to focus on that.

Q. Something just totally away from here, from this, I know you can't do anything about this, but I would just like your opinion. Do you think Bob and Mike Bryan should be given membership to the All England?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I don't understand why you're...
Because they never won Wimbledon?

Q. No, because they have and they've never been given a membership. Singles winners get memberships obviously, but the only doubles team as of late that has received a membership are the Woodies. Mike and Bob have never been invited.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: They definitely deserve it. I'll vote for that. (Laughter.) Yeah, it's tremendous what they're doing. I know actually Nenad Zimonjic who won it twice in doubles, he doesn't have it.
So, look, I'm not getting into the politics of the All England Club. Obviously they know what they're doing and they're doing it really well.
So if you are asking me if they deserve, yes, they deserve after all they have done.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #1075
country flag cinny

cinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond repute

Only 3 "you know"s and 2 "look"s .
cinny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #1076
country flag shuhrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinny View Post
Only 3 "you know"s and 2 "look"s .
I've heard him saying "look" a few more times last week though. Maybe in Tennis.tv interviews.

Btw, you see how they make up stories that a player didn't even mention at all. He suggested getting court covers and the next day it became a roof talk and some took it as if he implied without any change he might not come back next year.

On a much more minor note, sometimes it makes me cringe a bit when he doesn't pay attention to the question, then gives an irrelevant answer or just put ready-made phrases. Even though I agree nobody could fault him for that, considering what kind of questions he faces on a daily basis, no less just after finishing a match, sometimes even after midnight.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:18 PM   #1077
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhrat View Post
@Amber, good question about his uncle's absence. I agree that we better be careful, when taking Gencic's words on Nole's private life. Before Nole himself tells us something, we will never know what's going on.

P.S Judy or Jamie, seriously I wish they stop caring about Nole. Thank God, I've quit Twitter.
What did they say??
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:18 PM   #1078
country flag cinny

cinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, this one, all he heard was the word 'pressure' and off he went...

Quote:
Q. Can I ask you an annoying question? Was the fact that you were the only top four player here less pressure on you?
cinny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #1079
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

We all do that guys. Imagine someone whose answers are read by thousands of people
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:26 PM   #1080
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Nole does that a lot, but so do the other players. It must be tedious to answer all these questions plus he uses the evasion tactic when he doesn't want to talk about something, like the pressure question.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote