Novak News & Interviews Vol.2 - Page 59 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-23-2012, 06:13 AM   #871
country flag appleGirl

appleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News & Interviews Vol.2

I might be missing something, but why would the presidential change influence the tournament? Was the tournament financially supported by the government?

TT Singles: 229 (Best: 80) 2011: Fürth CH W, Izmir CH W, Seoul CH W, Sao Jose Do Rio Preto CH W; 2012: Tiburon CH W
TT Doubles: 95 (Best: 42) 2011: Izmir CH W (w/ Mahqz); 2012: US Open SF (w/Mahqz), Tiburon CH W (w/Mahqz), Antalya Fut W (w/Mahqz); 2013: Winston Salem W (w/Mahqz), US Open SF (w/Mahqz)
No.1vak Djokovic!

"Is something unbelievable how he returns, no? His return probably is one of the best of the history. That's my opinion, no? I never played against a player who's able to return like this. Almost every time." - R. Nadal about N. Djokovic
appleGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2012, 07:14 AM   #872
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleGirl View Post
I might be missing something, but why would the presidential change influence the tournament? Was the tournament financially supported by the government?
In some way I guess, the main sponsor was national (state-owned) telecommunications company, though how much they actually contributed, no idea.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #873
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

Tennis No. 1 Novak Djokovic Signs Five-Year Deal With Uniqlo
Quote:
... Djokovic will wear the company’s sports and casual wear and work with Uniqlo on design details such as color and fabric, according to the person, who asked not be identified because the terms hadn’t been made public.

The agreement with the 25-year-old Serb gives Uniqlo additional global brand exposure.

... There’s no buyout clause in Djokovic’s agreement with Uniqlo, the person said.

Edoardo Artaldi, a spokesman for Djokovic, didn’t respond to e-mails seeking comment. A Uniqlo spokesman declined to comment. ...
Quote:
@DRossingh: Right now, at a press conference in Paris, @DjokerNole is showing off a white shirt at the presentation of his new sponsor, Uniqlo (10mins ago)
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:19 PM   #874
country flag zlaja777

zlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond repute

white again

Last edited by zlaja777 : 05-23-2012 at 01:48 PM.
zlaja777 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:37 PM   #875
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Looks/fits great I must say
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Old 05-23-2012, 01:37 PM   #876
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

White and red are their logo (in fact, Japan flag) colors, so I will forgive them at this point. (Phew... at least no sign of blue yet. - edit: One of the lines around his right shoulder looks blue.)

Still the shorts are as tight as those of ST's. Good that he doesn't need to change his footwear. It could've been tricky. Also I bet he will get tons of off-court clothes from now on.

‏@carole_bouchard: "Djokovic and Uniqlo will set up children help actions and also actions for people in the need."

@carole_Bouchard: Oubli 2:le boss d'uniqlo à qui on demande pourquoi Djokovic : "vous avez vu son sourire?" LOL The boss of uniqlo who are asked why Djokovic: "Did you see his smile?"

Last edited by shuhrat : 05-23-2012 at 02:10 PM.
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:56 PM   #877
country flag Marion29520

Marion29520 has a reputation beyond reputeMarion29520 has a reputation beyond reputeMarion29520 has a reputation beyond reputeMarion29520 has a reputation beyond reputeMarion29520 has a reputation beyond reputeMarion29520 has a reputation beyond reputeMarion29520 has a reputation beyond reputeMarion29520 has a reputation beyond reputeMarion29520 has a reputation beyond reputeMarion29520 has a reputation beyond reputeMarion29520 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlaja777 View Post
white again

maybe it's just the one for wimbledon
Marion29520 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:56 PM   #878
country flag cinny

cinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond repute

It's right before RG and he's being quite distracted with so many things 8-}. I know this has been in planning for a while but still. And I think Uniqlo making this move now is quite shrewd - they are probably hoping for the Novak slam as much as we are, so that their brand will be featured in the limelight straight away.

By the way, is that the outfit he'll wear for RG or are we still in for another surprise?
cinny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #879
country flag cinny

cinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm... the double logo on his pants - looks like some branding to me .
Old 05-23-2012, 02:05 PM   #880
Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinny View Post
Hmmm... the double logo on his pants - looks like some branding to me .
It's the same logo, written in Katakana and in Latin
Old 05-23-2012, 02:08 PM   #881
country flag cinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
It's the same logo, written in Katakana and in Latin
Yup, I realized. I just don't like the look though. You know, like some cows being branded on . It's just the way the logo looks in general.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:11 PM   #882
country flag jeremda01

jeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond repute

i feel somewhat uneasy about this :S i hope this does distract him from achieving his main goal - the NOLE slam!

TOMIC SUPPORTER
est. since 2011 Wimbledon Round 4 vs Malisse

unconditional support for all Australian tennis players
jeremda01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:00 PM   #883
country flag Sleepwalker64

Sleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlaja777 View Post
white again
Wait, those legs in the background on the right..is that Jelena?? Good lord..

Speak softly and carry a big stick !

사샤
Sleepwalker64 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #884
country flag Alaify

Alaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond repute

Official Statement from Uniqlohttp://www.uniqlo.com/us/corp/pressr..._djokovic.html

Quote:
In launching the new partnership between UNIQLO and Novak Djokovic today, UNIQLO confirms that as its first corporate social responsibility activity it will manufacture a custom-designed charity UT (UNIQLO T-shirt) to sell at a select number of UNIQLO stores and online. Proceeds from the sale of this UT will be donated to the Novak Djokovic Foundation to support children’s programs. Details regarding the design of the UT, as well as timing and location of sale will be announced in due course.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #885
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't look that much different from ST....Yet,at least no flag colors

As for the Serbija open,i'm in 2 minds about it,he won't have to worry about it,but then he seemed proud about it

All this a week before RG