Novak News & Interviews Vol.2 - Page 52 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #766
country flag NID

NID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News & Interviews Vol.2

he should definitely skip either madrid or serbian open, maybe even both. he has already played more matches this year than the last, and there are many more to come.
NID is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #767
country flag appleGirl

appleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepwalker64 View Post
The only reason he might play the SO is that he is probably the only magnet that will bring people to the tournament..if we take this strictly as a business...him not playing the tournament would probably be very bad for their business. Who know in what kind of state of mind is Goran, his uncle?
I think that Vladimir was ill longer that we know...It's not unusual that he dedicated his win in Miami to him..but that might be a sign, that Vladimir was not good...was he in hospital or not..I don't know. If his death was sudden, that it might be harder for the whole family, if it came..after long and hard battle...it may even come as a blessing, and family might fight with the grief easier..or accept that as...circle of life, which it is..afterall.
If we look this just from the players perspective, I think he should pass Belgrade and Madrid, but it's not a guarantee that he will feel any better in Rome. Rome is something he cannot miss..from my point of view...definitely.
Yeah, I think the Miami dedication wasn't random, he probably knew that he's unwell...

TT Singles: 105 (Best: 80) 2011: Fürth CH W, Izmir CH W, Seoul CH W, Sao Jose Do Rio Preto CH W; 2012: Tiburon CH W
TT Doubles: 48 (Best: 42) 2011: Izmir CH W (w/ Mahqz); 2012: US Open SF (w/Mahqz), Tiburon CH W (w/Mahqz), Antalya Fut W (w/Mahqz); 2013: Winston Salem W (w/Mahqz), US Open SF (w/Mahqz)
No.1vak Djokovic!

"Is something unbelievable how he returns, no? His return probably is one of the best of the history. That's my opinion, no? I never played against a player who's able to return like this. Almost every time." - R. Nadal about N. Djokovic
appleGirl is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:23 PM   #768
country flag Gi.Kodaly

Gi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond reputeGi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond reputeGi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond reputeGi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond reputeGi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond reputeGi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond reputeGi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond reputeGi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond reputeGi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond reputeGi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond reputeGi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond repute

I read on Twitter that Nole and Marko went to visit their grandfather in the hospital after Nole's loss in Dubai, so yeah, he's been ill for some time. Also on Twitter someone posted that Vladimir's last words were from his hospital bed and were about Nole's match against Seppi.
Gi.Kodaly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:38 PM   #769
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gi.Kodaly View Post
I read on Twitter that Nole and Marko went to visit their grandfather in the hospital after Nole's loss in Dubai, so yeah, he's been ill for some time. Also on Twitter someone posted that Vladimir's last words were from his hospital bed and were about Nole's match against Seppi.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nş1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:51 PM   #770
country flag Amber Spyglass

Location: "I think we are in rats alley,where the dead men lost their bones"
Amber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah I heard that too at the time. He came home since then but had to go in again last week. I think most of the details of what happened are here, some problem with his pancreas it says.

http://www.alo.rs/sport/48459/Novak_...g_dedine_smrti
Amber Spyglass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #771
country flag Gi.Kodaly

Gi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond reputeGi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond reputeGi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond reputeGi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond reputeGi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond reputeGi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond reputeGi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond reputeGi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond reputeGi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond reputeGi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond reputeGi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Spyglass View Post
Yeah I heard that too at the time. He came home since then but had to go in again last week. I think most of the details of what happened are here, some problem with his pancreas it says.

http://www.alo.rs/sport/48459/Novak_...g_dedine_smrti
Thank you so much for the article! You always have the best information!
Gi.Kodaly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:25 PM   #772
country flag Amber Spyglass

Location: "I think we are in rats alley,where the dead men lost their bones"
Amber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond repute

Haha no problem, thank you
Amber Spyglass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #773
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thank you so much for the article! You always have the best information!
Second this.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:19 PM   #774
country flag Sleepwalker64

Sleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't remember Mouratoglou ever written something about Novak..
I know he's no Simon Reed, but..

Quote:
Djokovic can win French Open
By Eurosport | Patrick Mouratoglou – Sun, Apr 22, 2012 08:20 EDT

Like the start of last year's clay season, the question of who will dominate on this unique surface has arisen. For several years we were used to seeing Rafael Nadal having most of the answers, but a change came last season with the rise of Novak Djokovic.
Not only did the Serb take Nadal's number one spot, but he went so far as to hunt on Rafa's turf, preventing him winning most of the clay events, most notably in Madrid.
I remember that, after Djokovic's outstanding start to last season, journalists were wondering if he had what it takes to shine on clay. He set the record straight by winning titles in Rome and Madrid - and by beating the king of clay, Rafa.
Yet doubts remain for some people, who focus on two key points: first, Nole lost in the semi-finals of the French Open - the only Grand Slam missing from his collection; second, there is the argument that his success on clay last year was more a result of his imperious all-surface form 'carrying' him through, as opposed to any particular improvement on clay.
Therefore this year we need to look at his overall confidence, and how this will help him at the start of the clay season. In this respect I feel that Novak is at the same point as last year, but that he's not expressing it in the same way.
In 2011, he was flying high. It was new for him to be at the top of the tree and that feeling was pushing him forward. That feeling of invincibility could only last for so long, however. The Serb now has to find an emotional balance suited to staying at the top rather than making it there. I think he's on his way to finding it.
He is managing his matches much better, finding wins without putting too much emotional effort into it, only giving his all at the key moments. He knows that this energy has to be saved for the most important matches, against dangerous opponents when he will have to be at 100 per cent from the first to the last point.
Novak may have won less so far this season when compared to the same time last year, but he still took the first Grand Slam of the season, plus a Masters title. In my opinion, he's in total control of the situation, saving himself for the strong points of a season that will be heavier than last year because of the Olympic Games.
The French Open, Wimbledon, the Games and then the US Open will be the tournaments where a player like Djokovic has to be on top of his game. So now he has to know how to save his energy in order to deal with his season.
In 2012, it seems to me that overall he is just as dangerous as he was in 2011. So mentally and form-wise he is there — but how, if at all, has he improved his weapons on clay specifically?

Nole's powerplay

One of Djokovic's best weapons is his positioning on the court.
Contrary to the stereotype, clay can be mastered by players able to dominate from the baseline. Novak often takes the lead because of the way he starts a point - serve and return - and he knows how to keep going by remaining on the baseline.
He puts in a high tempo because of how early he takes the ball, suffocating his opponent. His rivals are out of breath, have to move back and so let Nole take over.
This 'takeover' begins with the start of the point; he dominates immediately and refuses to relinquish control. His serve helps a lot in this respect because he has managed to master the slice and topspin, putting the opponent off court with the first shot.
Regarding the return, Djokovic is one of the two best players in the world in percentage of points won after first and second ball from his opponents.
He puts his entire bodyweight forward, strikes the ball with high quality and determination.
His other strength is his game style. He has the physique, the mental resistance and the patience to handle long points.
He's the kind of player who builds his points, but who knows how and when to seize opportunities to end the point. It's an obvious advantage on clay, a surface requiring more patience and point development than the others.
His defensive game is one of the most efficient in the world. It's very useful on a bad day, when Plan A isn't working or when the pressure is high and the ability to take the lead is reduced. On clay, it's another obvious quality.
Finally, while Nole's best shot is still his backhand, I think his forehand is more efficient on slow surfaces and particularly those that bring shots to life after they hit the floor.
Nole's forehand has a lot of topspin: he doesn't like to be attacked with pace on this shot, or have to use it against sliced serves. On clay though, he can use his forehand a lot more, giving him an extra weapon in his dominance strategy.

How can he be stopped?

The Serb obviously has everything needed to shine on clay. So what could prevent him from winning the French Open this year?
Nole is his own worst enemy as he can be a victim of overconfidence at times, such as his semi-final against Roger Federer in Paris last year.
He tried to beat the Swiss master at his own game and, while the feeling of invincibility can be an extraordinary weapon, it can also turn against him, clouding his judgement.
But this year Nole has more experience and really wants to triumph in Paris so he can make the full Slam in two years. He will be very focused.
His second enemy is Federer. He's the player who gives him the most problems: he prevented him from reaching the last French Open final, and has had two match points in their US Open semis. The Swiss, back to his best, has the game to upset the Serbian.
He also has a third enemy: strangely, given it is one of his strengths, it is his positioning on the court.
When he faces someone able to handle his rhythm and push him back, Novak loses his state of dominance. Few players can achieve this level of performance.
For me only Federer - in those two Grand Slams in 2011 - and Andy Murray - for two sets at the Australian Open 2012 — have been able to do this.
But as far as I'm concerned, Nole will be the big favourite for Roland-Garros in 2012.

Speak softly and carry a big stick !

사샤
Sleepwalker64 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #775
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepwalker64 View Post
I don't remember Mouratoglou ever written something about Novak..
I know he's no Simon Reed, but..
Oh yeah he's written a lot about Novak in the pass, but he seems to change his views according to results.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nş1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #776
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Novak out of Serbia Open
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:30 AM   #777
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Source? Did he say anything about it?
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:40 AM   #778
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Is that on his website in Serbian? Nothing in English yet. What does it say?
Old 04-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #779
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, Serbian. Basically, said he together with his family decided not to play, trying to restore his peace, difficult decision, but impossible to play tennis now with everything on his mind.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:13 AM   #780
country flag arm

It's a good thing. But is he staying for the tournament? Or leaving?

Thanks!