Novak News & Interviews Vol.2 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-22-2011, 12:00 PM   #46
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News & Interviews Vol.2

arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #47
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Sincere and funny apology to Novak.

I'm sorry, Novak Djokovic
By Matt Wilansky, ESPN.com

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, well, shame on you again. But fool me 64 times and send me swiftly to the shrink.
We're all searching to unearth the Novak Djokovic secret. How did this jokester-turned juggernaut transform himself into the game's best? The diet details and this spaceship-like pressurized egg thingy that purportedly simulates high altitude and production of red blood cells are well-known. (By the way, it's been reported that side effects may include headaches, vomiting and fatigue -- not exactly a tennis player's winning formula. Also, odd that this form of oxygen therapy, which, in this case, is ultimately used for endurance can cause languish. Kind of counterintuitive, no? Maybe try something less involved -- you know, like a bed.)

Tweet, tweet
Don't miss a moment of the latest tennis coverage from around the world. Follow us on Twitter and stay informed. Join »

Anyway, where were we? Yes, Djokovic and the butt-kicking cog he is. Event after event. Match by match. Set by set. He simply never succumbed to the rigors of the job. He never once failed the Rafael Nadal test (6-0 in 2011). He refused to let a couple of meager match points against Roger Federer come between him and his third Slam of the season. But now that the results of event after event, match by match and set by set are in, there's no choice but to confess the ugly truth: I was not a believer. Never once did I look to you in our (so-called) experts' picks. Heck, you weren't even my second choice. Once, I even had a fleeting thought of (gasp!) taking Andy Murray. Oh my goodness, how did it all go so wrong? (Another pressurized chamber tidbit: No tangible evidence, to this point, that it aids in making smart choices.)

So, Novak Djokovic, you of the absurd 64-3 record, a heartfelt apology is long overdue. I'm sorry for not being a true believer, from your mastery in Melbourne, to your beloved Wimbledon crown, to the trifecta in Flushing.

Through all those wins, titles (10), trophies (10, too) and accolades (a whole lot), I didn't have confidence in the man oozing with confidence, the force who singlehandedly ripped apart the dynamic duopoly of Nadal and Federer. And you accomplished all these feats by gracefully assimilating to each new environment, court surface and a new arrangement of fidgety foes just waiting to thwart the indomitable Djoker. They all failed. You did not.

But lest we forget, you defied the detractors in all those non-Slam events, too. Five Masters Series titles -- an ATP World Tour record. From Indian Wells to Montreal you were too good, too focused. And these were not flimsy opponents by any stretch. At the Rogers Cup, when so many of us foolishly predicted a post-Wimbledon letdown, your victims, in order, were Nikolay Davydenko, Marin Cilic, Gael Monfils, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Mardy Fish. Not exactly cupcakes. But the total number of sets you lost: one.

I'm especially regretful for not buying into your clay-court prowess (actually, awesomeness). In Rome, I vividly remember watching you scrap with Murray in a three-hour instant classic. The next day that clay creature known as Nadal was waiting -- ready to snap that insane streak of yours. But he couldn't even squeeze a set out of you.

And this coming a week after bullying around the Spaniard on his home turf in Madrid.

Sure, there was that slight hiccup at the French Open. Hey, a 16-time Grand Slam champ (that's a record) will do that to you -- once in a while. But you rebounded so eloquently on the lush lawns of Wimbledon, where Jo-Willy and Rafa could each muster only a solitary set against you in the final two rounds. That's where you finally captured your dream.

Novak, there are a few noteworthy tournaments left into which we know you'll sink your teeth. But at this point, even lackluster outcomes won't soil a mighty season that's challenging the very best in tennis lore. All those confounding results from a guy who was the scorn of the sport seem like ages ago. You've found the precise balance of goofiness off the court and gravitas on it. You've convinced us that fitness is no longer an impediment (please note, no hyperbaric chamber jibber-jabber here). Whatever your routine is, it's proved to be a panacea to all those problems of yesterday.

You've converted me; I only wish it didn't take so long to put my faith in your profound ability to make the rest of the tour look so darn pedestrian. It took 64 times, but I now genuflect to your tennis genius. I believe.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:30 PM   #48
country flag Sleepwalker64

Sleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupakabra View Post
From Aca Stojanovic's twitter, it seems like the rumour is probably true!!!

http://twitter.com/#!/acastop

He seems to be alluding to Novak's wedding!
Ah...crap. I like the girl...but I don't like this. I hope his grandpa put him on his knee and spank him good
Oh, well.

Speak softly and carry a big stick !

사샤
Sleepwalker64 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:35 PM   #49
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

I like the girl too, but could the timing be any worse? but is this source reliable? who's this guy?
Old 09-22-2011, 12:48 PM   #50

Sleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
I like the girl too, but could the timing be any worse? but is this source reliable? who's this guy?
Well, he is a sport journalist on RTS. His credentials are very good, so this can't be just a rumor.

사샤
Old 09-22-2011, 12:54 PM   #51

So, for all we know...he is taking his first and only girl in his life, for his wife. This is not good even for girls...and sounds completely crazy, cause we are talking about tennis number one. Not that I want him to be Safin...but...
It came to me earlier...how hard for these guys can it be to find a regular girl? I mean not a girl chasing his fame and money...but the real one. I believe that Jelena is the right choice, but this is too early, I'm afraid.

사샤
Old 09-22-2011, 01:03 PM   #52
country flag purpleyes

purpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupakabra View Post
From Aca Stojanovic's twitter, it seems like the rumour is probably true!!!

He seems to be alluding to Novak's wedding!

I found it strange there was journalist asked Murrey about Nole's wedding and nobody asked the man himself?? and he never denied this right ???

Not that I'm unhappy, it just, seems not a good timing.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:14 PM   #53
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepwalker64 View Post
So, for all we know...he is taking his first and only girl in his life, for his wife. This is not good even for girls...and sounds completely crazy, cause we are talking about tennis number one. Not that I want him to be Safin...but...
It came to me earlier...how hard for these guys can it be to find a regular girl? I mean not a girl chasing his fame and money...but the real one. I believe that Jelena is the right choice, but this is too early, I'm afraid.
are we sure she was his first and only gf? hmmm, a very famous guy marrying his first and only gf? That is so bound to fail.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:29 PM   #54

I don't have a camera in his pants, officially she is the only one that I know.

사샤
Old 09-22-2011, 01:48 PM   #55
country flag SatineSalvatore

SatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Agree with both statements

I understand we're your coming from :3 after all, that almost happened to me ("dated" my "maker" -TB term, I need to be humorous about this dark period of my life -), with my boyfriend of 6 years, I was 19 when we started to date (he was 23) and 25, when we separated for good, over the course of time, we ended up being married without actually getting married, cause you get so 'used to' be with that person all the time that you tend to believe the next logical step to do is get hitched... or to break up.

In Nole and Jelena's case, the thing is they've been dating for 5-6 years I think? e.e once you get to that stage, some couples (due to social pressure, some times) see it as a, make it or break it deal, so they decide to get married, OR to break up. I'm not saying they're not in love, because you only have to see them together to notice how much they care about each other. But it can be very frustrating investing your life into be part of somebody else's only to end up with nothing i the long run? They may be young, they may be the first serious relationship of each other, but I do believe that what they have is genuine and healthy for Novak, this is a girl who has been with him trough ups & downs, all before the # 1 madness, so, in the light of that, I believe she's the right choice... the timing? not so good, Nole's schedule is extremely demanding and physically excruciating, maybe next year, he'll have a little more space to do it the right way, but to extend it too much could also be a double edge sword

On the other hand, Tipsy's married and he seems to be doing fine and he's almost my age (meh, he was born a year later than me ), is Biljana his first serious girlfriend too?

In the end I hope that if they do get married, it all works for the best for both!

And please stop believing in the rumor that Andy will be his best man Andy over Janko/Viktor? Really??

And as a final note, I'm positive that if this happens, whenever it does, Novak will be the first to put it on his twitter/FB, he won't give the exclusive to such an important moment in his life to some tabloid.

Tyrion Lannister

Janko Tipsarevic / SRBIJA

TRUEbie. LOSTie. Oasis. Guns N' Roses. FC Barcelona. rest is optional

http://tuc-tuc-jankela.tumblr.com

Last edited by SatineSalvatore : 09-22-2011 at 01:54 PM.
SatineSalvatore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #56
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

It's not rare for elite sportsmen to marry very young. They don't have the time and social life that permits them having many love affairs. They usually stick to one woman who will center them and provide stability. You can't compare their lives to a regular person life. The schedule they have is so taxing and demanding that it leaves little time for pastimes like chasing girls (which I'm sure Nole has no shortage of ). But I don't believe Jelena is his first girl, surely she's the first 'official girlfriend' but Novak has been linked to many other girls in the past... out of my head I remember that olympic javalin girl from chile (who was astonishingly beautiful), Masha (don't I'm not sure they had anything going on other than friendship and maybe some flirting), various girls he has appeared with in pics over the internet... who knows, we know little about his real private life.
As for the timing, maybe the sensible thing would be to wait until the season is over, but I don't think that marriage will be negative for him. And Jelena is investing a lot of her years in waiting for Novak, so she may deserve to tie the knot with him. She knows she has to put up with many things that other girlfriends wouldn't put up with, like seeing his guy very few times during the year, living separately for large periods of time, etc.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:07 PM   #57
country flag Tennislover23

Tennislover23 has a reputation beyond reputeTennislover23 has a reputation beyond reputeTennislover23 has a reputation beyond reputeTennislover23 has a reputation beyond reputeTennislover23 has a reputation beyond reputeTennislover23 has a reputation beyond reputeTennislover23 has a reputation beyond reputeTennislover23 has a reputation beyond reputeTennislover23 has a reputation beyond reputeTennislover23 has a reputation beyond reputeTennislover23 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's a great thing and I am extreemly happy for them. I really don't understand why marrying the person you're with since you were (I think) 16 would be a problem

I think it's a beautiful thing. It's so rare these days to see two people meet, fall in love, and share a life together! I, for one, don't like it when people are going through woman after woman, or man after man. I commend both of them for having such a stable relationship, and I am thrilled if this story is true.
Tennislover23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:34 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennislover23 View Post
I think it's a great thing and I am extreemly happy for them. I really don't understand why marrying the person you're with since you were (I think) 16 would be a problem

I think it's a beautiful thing. It's so rare these days to see two people meet, fall in love, and share a life together! I, for one, don't like it when people are going through woman after woman, or man after man. I commend both of them for having such a stable relationship, and I am thrilled if this story is true.
Problem might come when they reach 30's...If u get what I mean
I might be wrong...but I think I saw somewhere that she is older than him?

사샤
Old 09-22-2011, 03:39 PM   #59
country flag SatineSalvatore

SatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Problem might come when they reach 30's...If u get what I mean
I might be wrong...but I think I saw somewhere that she is older than him?
I think she's 24 too idk where I read that, so they're both the same age

Tyrion Lannister

Janko Tipsarevic / SRBIJA

TRUEbie. LOSTie. Oasis. Guns N' Roses. FC Barcelona. rest is optional

http://tuc-tuc-jankela.tumblr.com
SatineSalvatore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:17 PM   #60
country flag majadancer

majadancer has a reputation beyond reputemajadancer has a reputation beyond reputemajadancer has a reputation beyond reputemajadancer has a reputation beyond reputemajadancer has a reputation beyond reputemajadancer has a reputation beyond reputemajadancer has a reputation beyond reputemajadancer has a reputation beyond reputemajadancer has a reputation beyond reputemajadancer has a reputation beyond reputemajadancer has a reputation beyond repute

Hey there I don't know how come you never heard about this, but Novak DENIED THAT RUMOR HIMSELF to Serbian journalists, while he was in US... Sportski zurnal was the first to publish the statement, and later everyone copied that. Didn't you know? So personaly I don't think this is about anything personal... Maybe he will be nominated for something else considering sport. IF and big if this Aca fellow knows what he is talking about. But this is just my opinion. Btw, this is my first post, so hi everybody
majadancer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote