Novak News & Interviews Vol.2 - Page 19 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-09-2011, 12:43 PM   #271
country flag purpleyes

purpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News & Interviews Vol.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
We are not discussing the kosovo issue really. That is very risky indeed.
lolololol yes indeed.
it's just, whenver politics, religion involved, people tend to be more sensitive.
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #272
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchuabh View Post
Because, on top of frazzling over his play, why the **** should I have to worry that some whackjob (and I'm not referring to Nadal/Federer fans) would blow up my favourite player while he's signing authographs or something?

Speaking of adult supervision, just bring back Cetojevic already, k, Nole? A mere two months of ploughing on Igorlessly and he's regained the title of "King of Retirements".
Calm down Nobody is going to blow up Nole, nobody did in 2008 and nobody is going to do now, I'm sure most of Albanians/Kosovars couldn't care less what Serbians think.

As for the good doctor, I don't see what he could do, he fixed Nole's allergies/stamina problems, but injuries are something else, you don't fix those with a different diet. Besides, Fed is also skipping these tournaments, and he didn't even play after USO where he looked fine/no injury at all
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #273
country flag jchuabh

jchuabh has a reputation beyond reputejchuabh has a reputation beyond reputejchuabh has a reputation beyond reputejchuabh has a reputation beyond reputejchuabh has a reputation beyond reputejchuabh has a reputation beyond reputejchuabh has a reputation beyond reputejchuabh has a reputation beyond reputejchuabh has a reputation beyond reputejchuabh has a reputation beyond reputejchuabh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhrat View Post
Trust me that part was not a main topic of the interview at all. Just a few lines. It's the Serb newspapers or tabloids that have made a mountain out of a molehill.

The first page, and an ad for digital Spiegel in the middle of nowhere. Considering it wasn't even one of the featured stories of the issue, they seemed to find the picture very eye-catching.
Seriously, do you think those thugs care if the Kosovo comments were the "main topic of the interview"?

They've apparently started to react to those remarks, if Sleepwalker's conjecture is anything to go by.
jchuabh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:54 PM   #274
country flag Amber Spyglass

Location: "I think we are in rats alley,where the dead men lost their bones"
Amber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Speaking of adult supervision, just bring back Cetojevic already, k, Nole? A mere two months of ploughing on Igorlessly and he's regained the title of "King of Retirements".
But we'll always have New York
Amber Spyglass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:55 PM   #275
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhrat View Post
Trust me that part was not a main topic of the interview at all. Just a few lines. It's the Serb newspapers or tabloids that have made a mountain out of a molehill.

About the interview with Spiegel, it was full three-page story and pictures, but there is nothing that we haven't read, heard.

The first page, and an ad for digital Spiegel in the middle of nowhere. Considering it wasn't even one of the featured stories of the issue, they seemed to find the picture very eye-catching.
I believe you, we all know how manipulative the press can be. But i think I recall a really amateur video in which he states his opinion. Maybe I am imagining, should check that.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:03 PM   #276
country flag Amber Spyglass

Location: "I think we are in rats alley,where the dead men lost their bones"
Amber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
I believe you, we all know how manipulative the press can be. But i think I recall a really amateur video in which he states his opinion. Maybe I am imagining, should check that.
No you are right, he is wearing a blue jumper
Amber Spyglass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:09 PM   #277
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Spyglass View Post
That's it. And that's the one I always think about when we talk about this issue. Funny how we all remember events in nole's life and what he was wearing
Old 10-09-2011, 01:18 PM   #278
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Spyglass View Post
That's it. And that's the one I always think about when we talk about this issue. Funny how we all remember events in nole's life and what he was wearing
Old 10-09-2011, 01:19 PM   #279
country flag jchuabh

jchuabh has a reputation beyond reputejchuabh has a reputation beyond reputejchuabh has a reputation beyond reputejchuabh has a reputation beyond reputejchuabh has a reputation beyond reputejchuabh has a reputation beyond reputejchuabh has a reputation beyond reputejchuabh has a reputation beyond reputejchuabh has a reputation beyond reputejchuabh has a reputation beyond reputejchuabh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Calm down Nobody is going to blow up Nole, nobody did in 2008 and nobody is going to do now, I'm sure most of Albanians/Kosovars couldn't care less what Serbians think.

As for the good doctor, I don't see what he could do, he fixed Nole's allergies/stamina problems, but injuries are something else, you don't fix those with a different diet. Besides, Fed is also skipping these tournaments, and he didn't even play after USO where he looked fine/no injury at all
So you think the only real harm they could do, but won't, is to blow up Djokovic?

Isn't that terribly naive?

Terrorists understand that the mere threat of their intentions is enough to mess you up completely. Just look at the US spending billions of dollars (that it really can't afford now) on security every year and inconveniencing its air travellers to laughable degrees, and you'll see how easy it is to cow the world's sole superpower, never mind a mere individual.

Do you think Nole, faced with threats against his own life - or those of his girlfriend, family, Pierre, etc. - would sail through his matches or his off-court activities unaffected by it all? Again, think back to Wimby '08.

Let's bear in mind how mental a game tennis ultimately is.

As for Cetojevic, that guy was clearly the rainmaker on Team Novak. Without him, this year wouldn't have happened. When I saw Nadal completely run out of steam in the fourth set after giving his all in the third, I was stunned beyond words. A gluten-free Nole has turned the Bull into essentially a best-of-three-sets player.

Cetojevic, I believe, would have strongly advised against Cincy and DC.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:20 PM   #280
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Seriously, do you think those thugs care if the Kosovo comments were the "main topic of the interview"?

They've apparently started to react to those remarks, if Sleepwalker's conjecture is anything to go by.
You seem to firmly believe it was terribly careless of him to tell such thing. What I was trying to say was it wasn't like he made any kind of official statement at all. Even though I understand what you are worrying about and maybe Nole should have skipped the question, in the context of the interview, the part was an insignificant talk, so I don't feel he made a huge mistake or he meant something serious with it. Unfortunately it got public attention, probably only because Serb newpapers made it sound like a big story.

And yes, as someone said earlier, what we're doing is exactly what they want by the action.
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:53 PM   #281
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So you think the only real harm they could do, but won't, is to blow up Djokovic?

Isn't that terribly naive?

Terrorists understand that the mere threat of their intentions is enough to mess you up completely. Just look at the US spending billions of dollars (that it really can't afford now) on security every year and inconveniencing its air travellers to laughable degrees, and you'll see how easy it is to cow the world's sole superpower, never mind a mere individual.

Do you think Nole, faced with threats against his own life - or those of his girlfriend, family, Pierre, etc. - would sail through his matches or his off-court activities unaffected by it all? Again, think back to Wimby '08.

Let's bear in mind how mental a game tennis ultimately is.

As for Cetojevic, that guy was clearly the rainmaker on Team Novak. Without him, this year wouldn't have happened. When I saw Nadal completely run out of steam in the fourth set after giving his all in the third, I was stunned beyond words. A gluten-free Nole has turned the Bull into essentially a best-of-three-sets player.

Cetojevic, I believe, would have strongly advised against Cincy and DC.
Well, you brought up the blowing up part not me. Anyway, those who run Kosovo have spent huge $$$ to maintain their perfect image of good guys and USA pals (quite the opposite from those who USA usually fights against), ruining all that work by going against famous sportsman would probably be the last thing they want.

Btw, I don't see why do you insist Novak played bad at Wimbledon because of the threats, he played great at Queens 2008, did he actually get the threats during the week that separates Queens and Wimbledon? I don't think so.

If Novak could win USO without the doctor, and in that fashion, I'm pretty sure he can win anything else
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Old 10-09-2011, 02:12 PM   #282
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Btw, I don't see why do you insist Novak played bad at Wimbledon because of the threats, he played great at Queens 2008, did he actually get the threats during the week that separates Queens and Wimbledon? I don't think so.
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=134028

By the way, a couple of months ago, he was supposed to have a wedding ceremony in Kosovo.
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 02:47 PM   #283
Slacker

Well, the text says he was informed about the threats after the Wimbledon, so I guess it shouldn't have impacted his game.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:11 PM   #284
country flag Sleepwalker64

Sleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That news I picked up from tennis.com
http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/?a=14704&z=25

So, it's not from our media, and I'm in general very selective reader, specially when our media sites are in question.

I agree that..he should avoid that kind of questions...but only because it won't do him good...not because he's wrong or right. Kosovo is lost cause...and he can't change anything. That's all I'm going to say about that issue. The whole issue was decided in some other circles...they are playing chess with people like always.

Speak softly and carry a big stick !

사샤
Sleepwalker64 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:46 PM   #285
country flag jchuabh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepwalker64 View Post
That news I picked up from tennis.com
http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/?a=14704&z=25
I agree that..he should avoid that kind of questions...but only because it won't do him good...not because he's wrong or right. Kosovo is lost cause...and he can't change anything. That's all I'm going to say about that issue. The whole issue was decided in some other circles...they are playing chess with people like always.
Right on.

It's not rocket science, guys. To recap, this "I have no regrets" response is boneheaded for many reasons:

1) Being as media-savvy as he is, he should've known those words would get, er, blown up out of all proportion. That's called news, especially if the interview threw up nothing else that's new.
2) Kosovo is a lost cause - unless Serbs are prepared to shed a generation's worth of blood to reclaim it. Why speechify over a lost cause when Nole has so many other ways of uplifting his country's morale and image?
3) There are only two ways to deal with terrorists - kill them or stay out of their way. Nole can't kill them, but they sure can kill him.
4) Threats have been made on his life. Why invite a repeat? How is that supposed to help his game?
5) The best thing he can do for Serbia is to stay healthy AND SAFE, and keep winning.
6) He has a humongous number of points to defend next year and the last thing he needs is to get rattled by concerns about the safety of himself and his loved ones.
7) Being the target of terrorist threats would be a drag on his appeal to advertisers, who generally like their spokesfolks as carefree as possible.

There's just no upside to this whole incident at all.