Novak News & Interviews Vol.2 - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-07-2011, 04:47 PM   #241
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News & Interviews Vol.2

I so know what you mean and hate such people with a passion. In that case, being capable is worse than being useless and doing nothing. Actually I'm not sure what they want to make from this, since I don't think getting richer and more popular in Serbia is what he needs at this stage of his career. Sometimes his family seems way too ambitious for my liking, though it's what makes it possible for Nole to dream of and pursue such a big goal all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Probably only a local thing, I've never heard she did something outside of Serbia, so her international experience is very likely next to nothing

Again, I think this PR thing is overrated, people will usually focus on what the players themselves say and do, nobody cares much about the official press releases by a player's team
Let's hope so. Also hope I'm just overreacting (as usual).

Last edited by shuhrat : 10-07-2011 at 05:21 PM.
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2011, 04:50 PM   #242
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhrat View Post
I'm not disagreeing that, at the end of the day, it's him and his action on the court who/which establishes his name, as you said.

But I do care about how competent his PR manager is for the job, because I think it actually affects his game in a way and part of his bad reputation he got in the past was due to poor management job. With better guidance, he may not have had to deal with such severe criticism for several years & could have avoided some misunderstand or he/she could've preserved Nole from costing so much energy by off-court stuffs. Whether it's stupid or not, he loves to be liked, it's just in his nature. So I feel it does matter for someone like him. Maybe I'm asking too much from a PR manager though.

Having said that, I believe he's learned a lot from the experience and won't make the same mistakes again.

For the record, I don't like IMG-like strict and studied management, also don't pay attention that much to how many/lucrative sponsorships Nole gets either. I just wish him to get the right amount of credit for his efforts and achievement without any unjust criticism and to be able to fully focus on his game.
+1
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:52 PM   #243
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Btw, after reading the text again, it looks to me that she's more likely to handle PR for Family sport/Novak's family's company, not so much for Novak himself. Anyway, just my impression.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:55 PM   #244
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Btw, after reading the text again, it looks to me that she's more likely to handle PR for Family sport/Novak's family's company, not so much for Novak himself. Anyway, just my impression.
I guess so. Novak is not an idiot, he knows a PR should have experience in the tennis circuit.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nş1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:10 PM   #245
country flag Sleepwalker64

Sleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's confirmed...she was on Ivan Ivanovic show. But she didn't elaborate more on that...She just said Djokovic family, so you're probably right.

Speak softly and carry a big stick !

사샤
Sleepwalker64 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:57 AM   #246
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Toni Nadal says Rafa spooked by Djokovic
Johan Lindahl

Toni Nadal has let loose with another inside bombshell, telling Spanish media that his world No. 2 nephew Rafael Nadal is currently spooked by the big game of hot rival and world No. 1 Novak Djokovic.

Nadal has been beaten six times this season by the Serb, most recently for the US Open title.

With the Spaniard's confidence in that confrontation perhaps dragging a bit, the words form his longtime coach and close relative are likely to be harsh - if true - medicine.

"There have been too many losses (to Djokovic) and it is true that Rafael has become nervous in their recent matches," the elder Nadal told the El Mondo newspaper. "What I saw at the end (of the US Open final) was that Rafael, despite the nerves that gripped him in the first two sets, had a good reaction in the third, went to fight and (try to) beat him.

"This gives me a certain hope."

Toni Nadal has never been shy with raw advice and opinions, and the recently published autobiography of the player paints the coach in a less-than-flattering light as a control freak.

While Toni doesn't yet rate the Nadal-Djokovic series as importantly as most would the Federer-Nadal rivalry, there is still some concern in the Spanish camp.

"Djokovic is playing superior to the rest, I hope it does not last forever," said Toni. "Rafael's game has worked well against Djokovic and has been very spirited. We must return to make a change, not in his game, but of mentality and try to win again."

Nadal is currently doing just that in Tokyo at the Japan Open, with Djokovic injured and missing the autumn ATP Asian swing.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nş1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:04 AM   #247
country flag appleGirl

appleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
While Toni doesn't yet rate the Nadal-Djokovic series as importantly as most would the Federer-Nadal rivalry, there is still some concern in the Spanish camp.
Really? I'd think that 16-13 is much more "rivalry" than 17-8, but I guess it's only an important rivalry if your nephew is on top of it...
Toni Nadal is more of a sore loser than I thought, if you take these quotes and add the stuff he said about Nole being lucky this year both against Roger AND Rafa...

TT Singles: 105 (Best: 80) 2011: Fürth CH W, Izmir CH W, Seoul CH W, Sao Jose Do Rio Preto CH W; 2012: Tiburon CH W
TT Doubles: 48 (Best: 42) 2011: Izmir CH W (w/ Mahqz); 2012: US Open SF (w/Mahqz), Tiburon CH W (w/Mahqz), Antalya Fut W (w/Mahqz); 2013: Winston Salem W (w/Mahqz), US Open SF (w/Mahqz)
No.1vak Djokovic!

"Is something unbelievable how he returns, no? His return probably is one of the best of the history. That's my opinion, no? I never played against a player who's able to return like this. Almost every time." - R. Nadal about N. Djokovic
appleGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #248
country flag SatineSalvatore

SatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleGirl View Post
Really? I'd think that 16-13 is much more "rivalry" than 17-8, but I guess it's only an important rivalry if your nephew is on top of it...
Toni Nadal is more of a sore loser than I thought, if you take these quotes and add the stuff he said about Nole being lucky this year both against Roger AND Rafa...
That's nothing new with uncle Toni sore looser indeed

Tyrion Lannister

Janko Tipsarevic / SRBIJA

TRUEbie. LOSTie. Oasis. Guns N' Roses. FC Barcelona. rest is optional

http://tuc-tuc-jankela.tumblr.com
SatineSalvatore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:12 PM   #249
country flag Sleepwalker64

Sleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond repute

Albanians hacked site of Novak's restaurant...this so ridiculous that it is almost funny. Tetovo hackers team, what an oxymoron. Anybody noticed that?
http://www.mondo.rs/s220103/Info/Hro...Djokovica.html

Probably because of this

Quote:
Djokovic doesn't regret Kosovo comments
Ticker - Friday, October 7, 2011

Novak Djokovic tells Der Speigel that he does not regret sending a video message to Belgrade in 2008 when 150,000 of his compatriots were demonstrating against Kosovo's declaration of independence. Djokovic’s message, delivered after he won the Australian Open, said: "We are prepared to defend what is rightfully ours. Kosovo is Serbia."

That night, demonstrators threw stones at the Croatian, Bosnian and German embassies and set fire to the U.S. embassy.

Djokovic’s father was born in Kosovo, as were his uncle and his aunt. The Kosovo Albanians and Serbians dispute which populations have rightful claims on the land. "It is the birthplace of my family and, indeed, of Serbian culture itself," Djokovic said. "I don't regret what I did. We want justice, but we just can't get it."

Speak softly and carry a big stick !

사샤
Sleepwalker64 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:01 AM   #250
country flag jchuabh

jchuabh has a reputation beyond reputejchuabh has a reputation beyond reputejchuabh has a reputation beyond reputejchuabh has a reputation beyond reputejchuabh has a reputation beyond reputejchuabh has a reputation beyond reputejchuabh has a reputation beyond reputejchuabh has a reputation beyond reputejchuabh has a reputation beyond reputejchuabh has a reputation beyond reputejchuabh has a reputation beyond repute

He's a twit. Must he inject politics into everything?

And, oh, down with Obama!!!
jchuabh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:33 AM   #251
country flag SatineSalvatore

SatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchuabh View Post
He's a twit. Must he inject politics into everything?

And, oh, down with Obama!!!

Tyrion Lannister

Janko Tipsarevic / SRBIJA

TRUEbie. LOSTie. Oasis. Guns N' Roses. FC Barcelona. rest is optional

http://tuc-tuc-jankela.tumblr.com
SatineSalvatore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:02 AM   #252
country flag purpleyes

purpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond repute

It'd be soooo sad if people can not speak their mind and alwayd think about political correctness.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:42 AM   #253
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatineSalvatore View Post

I'm stealing these gifs. Given that this is MTF I have a feeling they will be necessary at some point.

And that quote is a true WTF? He has a right to his opinion asshole.

The side pieces
The Sweet but Dopey Argentine
The Bulgarian Headcase
That Douche from Australia

And when the daylight's fading we're gonna play in the dark til it's golden again
Jade Fox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:27 AM   #254
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here, I was in Serbia, kosovo, Albania, Bosnia and Albania this year. I talked to people from all these countries and heard their version. It's a very sensitive issue this one. This is not like Spain and Basque country, this goes way beyond that. I honestely don't have an opion, I was not born in any of the countries, and eventhugh I know a bit about history and the people's opinion it's not nearly enough for me to construct and opion on based on sollid argument. However, I do believe that Nole should have never made that statement back then, he is entitled to his own opion obviously, and had he been asked about it in an interview, etc... it would be normal of him to state in a discrete way. But what he did was far from discrete . And it's not like he is a "regular" person... what he says has a pretty big impact. Obvisouly I do understand why he did it, he was a bit impulsive, he was a kid with a strong opinion... maybe I would have done the same. But not being part of this whole thing, I still think it was not a right move.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:57 AM   #255
country flag Amber Spyglass

Location: "I think we are in rats alley,where the dead men lost their bones"
Amber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Lets not get ahead of ourselves here, I was in Serbia, kosovo, Albania, Bosnia and Albania this year. I talked to people from all these countries and heard their version. It's a very sensitive issue this one. This is not like Spain and Basque country, this goes way beyond that. I honestely don't have an opion, I was not born in any of the countries, and eventhugh I know a bit about history and the people's opinion it's not nearly enough for me to construct and opion on based on sollid argument. However, I do believe that Nole should have never made that statement back then, he is entitled to his own opion obviously, and had he been asked about it in an interview, etc... it would be normal of him to state in a discrete way. But what he did was far from discrete . And it's not like he is a "regular" person... what he says has a pretty big impact. Obvisouly I do understand why he did it, he was a bit impulsive, he was a kid with a strong opinion... maybe I would have done the same. But not being part of this whole thing, I still think it was not a right move.
All the Serbs felt strongly and were pretty vocal about that at the time. It's not exclusive to Nole's outgoing personality or whatever. Milorad Cavic, the great Serbian swimmer who almost snatched gold from Phelps( some people still debate he did actually won it ) wore a warm up shirt when stepping up to the start position, at a meet, saying "Kosovo is Serbia". That got a lot of publicity when it happened.
Amber Spyglass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote